539 (72.8%)
Don't Know
10 (1.4%)
Don't Care
15 (2%)
I don't live in the UK
97 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 740

Author Topic: Brexit: "Vultus inanis est et mori in fossa ego sum!"  (Read 1440191 times)

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Re: Brexit Magic Flying Rainbow coloured Unicorn jolly tip-top-ho! Gosh! Thread.
« Reply #24160 on: August 13, 2019, 10:57:55 pm »
God bless the new speedy process eh?

Works fine if you vote Lib Dem.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Brexit Magic Flying Rainbow coloured Unicorn jolly tip-top-ho! Gosh! Thread.
« Reply #24161 on: August 13, 2019, 11:04:47 pm »
Clive Lewis clarifying Labour's Brexit position on Newsnight. No, me neither.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #24162 on: August 13, 2019, 11:07:13 pm »
Clive Lewis clarifying Labour's Brexit position on Newsnight. No, me neither.

Would make an excellent #

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24163 on: August 13, 2019, 11:21:07 pm »
Would make an excellent #
Ha! Well, I've used it, expect it to be viral by tomorrow morning ;).
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #24164 on: August 14, 2019, 12:04:25 am »
No misunderstanding here. Would suggest thinking this leads up to an extension just to hold a general election may be the misapprehension. eg Lucas is talking of referendum and implementing it. A general election straight after balking Johnson, and without preventing 'no deal' being possible if the election is won by him, would be courageous, to borrow from Sir Humphrey.
I just don't see it. I'd love it if a GoNU could be formed and then turn around and immediately set up a People's Vote, or even better, Revocation. But unless there's some kind of emergency legislating power that I'm unaware of, a new referendum would need to be voted through by the house, and I just can't see that happening. Not when both the major parties will be thinking that they could win an outright majority in a General Election and then do what they please.

Sure, they're both probably deluded in thinking so, but when has that every stopped politicians and their advisors? Both Cummings and Milne in their Grima Wormtongue roles would be whispering insidious poison into the two leaders' ears, insisting that they can win a GE and push their form of Brexit through. So unless there's an almighty defiance of the Whip by large numbers of MPs from both sides, I just can't see how a referendum can be called by a GoNU. And that's before we tackle the thorny issue of what the question is to be.

You're right that calling a GE straight after stopping a No Deal crash out would be pointless, but the point is that the GE would not be the primary goal here. The primary goal would be to stop a cynically manipulated No Deal crash out by Johnson on Oct 31. Unfortunately a GE would then simply be a consequence of the Government losing a VoNC and being sidelined by a cobbled-together GoNU: the government would have lost their mandate and simply could not continue to govern after that without a fresh mandate; and the GoNU would only come into being if it was agreed by the rival factions that it would only exist in that form for a very short time before a genuine mandate was sought. Hence a GE almost by accident.

And yes, such a GE could deliver greater power to the Brexiters - of either hue. I've never said it would be a good idea to have one, just that it seems inevitable if a VoNC is called and the government loses.

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24165 on: August 14, 2019, 12:25:12 am »
I just don't see it. I'd love it if a GoNU could be formed and then turn around and immediately set up a People's Vote, or even better, Revocation. But unless there's some kind of emergency legislating power that I'm unaware of, a new referendum would need to be voted through by the house, and I just can't see that happening. Not when both the major parties will be thinking that they could win an outright majority in a General Election and then do what they please.

Sure, they're both probably deluded in thinking so, but when has that every stopped politicians and their advisors? Both Cummings and Milne in their Grima Wormtongue roles would be whispering insidious poison into the two leaders' ears, insisting that they can win a GE and push their form of Brexit through. So unless there's an almighty defiance of the Whip by large numbers of MPs from both sides, I just can't see how a referendum can be called by a GoNU. And that's before we tackle the thorny issue of what the question is to be.

You're right that calling a GE straight after stopping a No Deal crash out would be pointless, but the point is that the GE would not be the primary goal here. The primary goal would be to stop a cynically manipulated No Deal crash out by Johnson on Oct 31. Unfortunately a GE would then simply be a consequence of the Government losing a VoNC and being sidelined by a cobbled-together GoNU: the government would have lost their mandate and simply could not continue to govern after that without a fresh mandate; and the GoNU would only come into being if it was agreed by the rival factions that it would only exist in that form for a very short time before a genuine mandate was sought. Hence a GE almost by accident.

And yes, such a GE could deliver greater power to the Brexiters - of either hue. I've never said it would be a good idea to have one, just that it seems inevitable if a VoNC is called and the government loses.
I could see it happening if a referendum could be organised in a couple of weeks but it will take a few months I imagine, could a alliance remain intact for a few months, be brilliant if it could.
Why would another referendum pass in the HOC after it has failed in previous votes.?  Beckets indicative vote on a confirmatory referendum vote lost by only 27 votes. MPs had alternatives back in March, another extension to kick the can down the road being one of them, it's now crunch time. if it came to a no deal or another referendum then I think more than 14  MPs needed would now support another referendum. Johnson has left them no choice with his no deal Brexit.

Dame Margaret Beckett’s - Confirmatory public vote

Drawn up by Labour MPs Peter Kyle and Phil Wilson and tabled by former foreign secretary Dame Margaret Beckett with the backing of scores of MPs across the House, this motion would require a public vote to confirm any Brexit deal passed by parliament before its ratification.

For: 268

Against: 295
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 01:45:26 am by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #24166 on: August 14, 2019, 12:30:15 am »

Not saying it's probable, just that if MPs are going to all that trouble to bring down the government to avoid a specific outcome, and run the country for a couple of months before an election can be held, then throwing it all up in the air again immediately after they've got power would seem a remarkably bizarre thing to do. They cannot stop 'no deal' without revoking Article 50 or without finding a negotiated exit from the EU which will pass through Parliament. I do agree an election before 2022 would be the likely outcome - just saying that there's definitely going to be a period where you need to form a government and if MPs are going to be damned for a lamb, then they'll also be thinking they may as well be damned for a sheep.

Totally agree that a referendum is a huge stinking problem. But then so is the aftermath of an extension based on holding an election and hoping that the next government in will be able to pass the Withdrawal Agreement and/or legislation for a referendum by tweaking the political declaration before the timer runs out yet again.

edit: I want my unicorn to be stripey and have a purple mane btw.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 01:06:50 am by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24169 on: August 14, 2019, 11:34:24 am »
Fit that into a one sentence sound bite and there would be hope.

I like the use of "Rentier" - living off investments, ie not working. They're not like "normal" people, that needs to be emphasised more. Remainers keep on losing this narrative on who are the real elite.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #24170 on: August 14, 2019, 11:49:37 am »
I like the use of "Rentier" - living off investments, ie not working. They're not like "normal" people, that needs to be emphasised more. Remainers keep on losing this narrative on who are the real elite.

Question I have, and I think I broadly agree with Davies and others who've made the point, is 'who does it persuade?'. Works for me. But then I'd never vote Tory let alone Frottage or Yaxley-Lennon. Presumably works for you - and I'd take it for granted that you're the same on voting. But does it work for those who have or would consider it? And, if it doesn't - and it hasn't in the past on them or others, why doesn't/didn't it?
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24171 on: August 14, 2019, 11:55:41 am »
Question I have, and I think I broadly agree with Davies and others who've made the point, is 'who does it persuade?'. Works for me. But then I'd never vote Tory let alone Frottage or Yaxley-Lennon. Presumably works for you - and I'd take it for granted that you're the same on voting. But does it work for those who have or would consider it? And, if it doesn't - and it hasn't in the past on them or others, why doesn't/didn't it?

Be more aggressive in its usage, get them defending it on TV and avoid eating a bacon sandwich in public?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #24172 on: August 14, 2019, 12:04:06 pm »
Be more aggressive in its usage, get them defending it on TV and avoid eating a bacon sandwich in public?

;D

Alternative theory. For a significant chunk of the electorate economic (and class) messages are less important than them perceiving someone to be able to take charge of a situation competently. Such as eating a bacon sandwich in public.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #24173 on: August 14, 2019, 12:18:21 pm »

The past 3 years has witnessed the representatives of the “Rentiers” run rings around those arguing for Remain. You could justifiably argue the Rentiers have had the backing of a complicit press (Corbyn’s backers harp on about this, but only referencing their darling leader’s treatment). Consider too the (stark) difference overall, of the coverage of the BBC and Channel 4 during that period.

I’m not convinced that Remainers have ‘lost’ the narrative; it’s more the case that they’ve focused their arguments around economic and trade disruption. Only occasionally has the spotlight been focused on the motives, cynicism and selfishness of Banks, Martin, Dyson et al.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24174 on: August 14, 2019, 12:33:04 pm »
The past 3 years has witnessed the representatives of the “Rentiers” run rings around those arguing for Remain. You could justifiably argue the Rentiers have had the backing of a complicit press (Corbyn’s backers harp on about this, but only referencing their darling leader’s treatment). Consider too the (stark) difference overall, of the coverage of the BBC and Channel 4 during that period.

I’m not convinced that Remainers have ‘lost’ the narrative; it’s more the case that they’ve focused their arguments around economic and trade disruption. Only occasionally has the spotlight been focused on the motives, cynicism and selfishness of Banks, Martin, Dyson et al.

Difficult to target someone like Banks who simply does not give a shit, he flings plenty at people and sues anyone who does it back. Dyson is like "can you hear me over here on the other side of the World, cos targeting my product sales doesn't work cos I'm GLOBAL now".

More examples need to be made of the actual people backing them. Way too many free passes to talking heads and Joe Terrible on the street in TV shows/reports, who get to spew their nonsense slogans unchallenged. Everyone forgets just how bigoted that old lady was with Gordon Brown, just that he pointed it out - in private. Make them squirm and say, plainly, what they REALLY want.

I realise I am screaming into the abyss at this point.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #24175 on: August 14, 2019, 12:52:29 pm »
Survation polling has both Tories and Labour performing well below any reasonable expectations. Link (tables are in xls). [edit: weird little curiosity, although would seem to fit other polling, 8% of men are currently undecided while 22% of women are.]

Found the EU questioning to be a little more surprising, even allowing for the likes of ComRes and The Telegraph (once more) being hugely deceitful in what they're doing when they survey people about it.

Spoiler

[close]

Including 'don't knows', that's 51% Remain, 42% Leave, 6% Undecided. The undecided's would break en masse for Leave just to give people nice numbers to talk about, wouldn't they?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 01:03:40 pm by Zeb »

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24176 on: August 14, 2019, 06:25:57 pm »
Len McCluskey: there is no path to a second Brexit referendum

Unite leader says Labour should support pragmatic deal that keeps both sides happy

The Unite leader Len McCluskey has said Labour must support a pragmatic Brexit deal, saying it appeared to be impossible to stop no deal and that there was no path to a second referendum.

The trade union boss, a key ally of Jeremy Corbyn whose views will carry significant weight in writing any future party manifesto, said Labour had to address how it would approach negotiating future trade deals if the UK had left the EU after Labour came to power.

“I believe that if we haven’t left by 31 October that we should respect the 2016 referendum, which means leaving Europe but on a deal that the 48% would be happy with,” McCluskey told the BBC. “That is access to a frictionless market and a customs union protecting jobs and investment.

“And the 52% would be happy because of the policies that Labour have to invest in their communities and to deal with the abuses of migrant labour coming into our country with labour market regulations.”

He said a no-deal Brexit would be “almost impossible to stop” and said he was not certain a no-confidence vote in Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson would be successful.

“The important thing for me is for Labour to continue to hold a very clear vision of the type of Britain we want to be and the relationship we want with Europe, because come the 31 October if we leave without a deal, there is still going to have to be debate and discussion about trade deals and about what kind of relationship we have,” he said.

McCluskey said that a referendum would be “a legitimate stance” in order to test the popularity of no deal with the British public but said he did not believe it would take place.

“It’s not going to happen, of course – there isn’t going to be a second referendum under Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson’s no-deal approach to life,” he said.

Asked if that went against so many Labour supporters and MPs who wanted another referendum, McCluskey said: “So many Labour MPs and supporters want the issue done and dusted.”

McCluskey said the trade unions had endorsed a position that Labour should negotiate a Brexit deal if they came to power prior to the UK leaving.

The joint position, agreed by union leaders in the aftermath of disappointing results for Labour in the EU elections, also suggested any Labour-brokered deal be put to a public vote, but the party would not commit to campaigning for remain against its own Brexit deal.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/aug/14/no-path-to-a-second-referendum-says-unite-leader

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #24177 on: August 14, 2019, 06:37:38 pm »
I could see it happening if a referendum could be organised in a couple of weeks but it will take a few months I imagine, could a alliance remain intact for a few months, be brilliant if it could.
Why would another referendum pass in the HOC after it has failed in previous votes.?  Beckets indicative vote on a confirmatory referendum vote lost by only 27 votes. MPs had alternatives back in March, another extension to kick the can down the road being one of them, it's now crunch time. if it came to a no deal or another referendum then I think more than 14  MPs needed would now support another referendum. Johnson has left them no choice with his no deal Brexit.

Dame Margaret Beckett’s - Confirmatory public vote

Drawn up by Labour MPs Peter Kyle and Phil Wilson and tabled by former foreign secretary Dame Margaret Beckett with the backing of scores of MPs across the House, this motion would require a public vote to confirm any Brexit deal passed by parliament before its ratification.

For: 268

Against: 295
Think there's a qualitative difference between approving a referendum back in the good old days of indicate voting (ah, what halcyon days they were) and doing the same AFTER the government loses a VoNC and a General Election is tantalisingly close, with its promises of outright majorities that could enable either party to realise its own version of Brexit. Neither party will give up that chance, even if it is a gamble, just to deliver a referendum which they know will at best be equivocal and most likely scupper Brexit completely. So unless enough MPs defy the whip, I can't see a referendum being voted through the House.

It's depressing and dispiriting but all I can see following a government loss in a VoNC is either No Deal by process of law (i.e the clock running down) or, if a GoNU can be cobbled together, an extension and General Election. And I think we're all being quite generous in assuming that a GoNU can be cobbled together. It may simply be impossible due to the intransigence of various factions involved.

And yes, I think a General Election will either deliver a majority to one or other Brexit party, or no overall control again, and the continuation of this paralysis.

Dismal times.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 06:39:40 pm by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24178 on: August 14, 2019, 06:52:12 pm »
Labour's Brexit policy, according to McCluskey, would create a hard border on the island of Ireland as we'd be out of the Single Market and for what? In part, so that the supposedly progressive, left-wing party can pander to the anti-immigrant vote.

Something something, Jo Swinson cosplays as Thatcher, whataboutery whataboutery
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 06:58:39 pm by ShakaHislop »

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24179 on: August 14, 2019, 07:40:31 pm »
Think there's a qualitative difference between approving a referendum back in the good old days of indicate voting (ah, what halcyon days they were) and doing the same AFTER the government loses a VoNC and a General Election is tantalisingly close, with its promises of outright majorities that could enable either party to realise its own version of Brexit. Neither party will give up that chance, even if it is a gamble, just to deliver a referendum which they know will at best be equivocal and most likely scupper Brexit completely. So unless enough MPs defy the whip, I can't see a referendum being voted through the House.

It's depressing and dispiriting but all I can see following a government loss in a VoNC is either No Deal by process of law (i.e the clock running down) or, if a GoNU can be cobbled together, an extension and General Election. And I think we're all being quite generous in assuming that a GoNU can be cobbled together. It may simply be impossible due to the intransigence of various factions involved.

And yes, I think a General Election will either deliver a majority to one or other Brexit party, or no overall control again, and the continuation of this paralysis.

Dismal times.
Oh don't get me wrong am not saying MPs will be given a chance to vote for another referendum if the VONC wins, Corbyns made himself clear, he want's a GE but I think MPs would support a referendum to stop a no deal, I don't think Johnson has left them much choice. the other choice is to revoke of course, not going to happen, nobody is talking about revoking.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #24180 on: August 14, 2019, 08:42:15 pm »
McKlusky telling Labour Voters and their families to go and fuck themselves and never to vote Labour again.

Message received and understood you c*nt.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #24181 on: August 14, 2019, 10:24:06 pm »
Then we have that wanker Stephen Kinnock intent on ploughing Brexit through.

What an utter c*nt.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24182 on: August 14, 2019, 10:29:39 pm »
Then we have that wanker Stephen Kinnock intent on ploughing Brexit through.

What an utter c*nt.
I think that is a little unfair. However, he certainly seems to very seriously underestimate the impact of the negotiated WA. The results of which will be similar to No-Deal, just played out over a couple years instead of weeks. The British people will be the proverbial flogs in a pan of water.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #24183 on: August 14, 2019, 10:49:48 pm »

Jeremy Corbyn
‏Verified account @jeremycorbyn
17m17 minutes ago

I've written to the leaders of other political parties and senior backbenchers from across Parliament to lay out my plan to stop a disastrous No Deal Brexit and let the people decide the future of our country.

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24184 on: August 14, 2019, 11:01:58 pm »
Jeremy Corbyn
17m17 minutes ago

I've written to the leaders of other political parties and senior backbenchers from across Parliament to lay out my plan to stop a disastrous No Deal Brexit and let the people decide the future of our country.

Bonus points for the first one of those parties to tell him to get fucked.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24185 on: August 14, 2019, 11:04:20 pm »
I think that is a little unfair. However, he certainly seems to very seriously underestimate the impact of the negotiated WA. The results of which will be similar to No-Deal, just played out over a couple years instead of weeks. The British people will be the proverbial flogs in a pan of water.

No, it's not. He is a c*nt and a constant reminder of why, in part, the membership voted for someone like Corbyn as leader in the first place. An embarrassment to his family's name.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #24186 on: August 14, 2019, 11:08:27 pm »
Bonus points for the first one of those parties to tell him to get fucked.

Then it will be a no deal Brexit on 31st October.  Because Jeremy will not blink they will have a choice vote with Labour or Green light a no deal Brexit.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24187 on: August 14, 2019, 11:13:18 pm »
Then it will be a no deal Brexit on 31st October.  Because Jeremy will not blink they will have a choice vote with Labour or Green light a no deal Brexit.

Labour have a choice to get rid of Corbyn in favour of someone the other parties can work with.

Corbyn flounced out of a cross-party meeting only a few months ago because Chuka Umunna was there, now he's demanding that other parties unite to put him into power. Haha fuck off.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #24188 on: August 14, 2019, 11:14:22 pm »

For which Corbyn, and his supporters, will be blamed just as much as the Tories. You not clocked that yet?

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24189 on: August 14, 2019, 11:18:13 pm »
Jeremy Corbyn
17m17 minutes ago

Looking forward to him clarifying a few points, why can't he be clearer, what does calling a VONC when we can be confident of success mean, why not just say we will call a VONC as soon as Parliament returns. Labour is committed to a public vote on the terms of leaving the EU or remain, fair enough he's ruled out no deal on the ballot paper but what are the terms for leaving the EU, I assume it must be Mays WA. which is also fine but why not just be more clearer and say May WA or whatever he believes the terms of leaving the EU are, everyone is naturally suspicious. you get the feeling he can say he meant something completely different.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24190 on: August 14, 2019, 11:24:04 pm »
Looking forward to him clarifying a few points, why can't he be clearer, what does calling a VONC when we can be confident of success mean, why not just say we will call a VONC as soon as Parliament returns. Labour is committed to a public vote on the terms of leaving the EU or remain, fair enough he's ruled out no deal on the ballot paper but what are the terms for leaving the EU, I assume it must be Mays WA. which is also fine but why not just be more clearer and say May WA or whatever he believes the terms of leaving the EU are, everyone is naturally suspicious. you get the feeling he can say he meant something completely different.
Yep. This is what he does - always. 'Well, I just don't know.' He's the fucking Mavis Riley of the House of Commons.
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #24191 on: August 14, 2019, 11:27:05 pm »
How could Corbyn ever lead a government on national unity when he doesn’t even have the confidence of 80% of his own MPs?

Get an independent MP to do it to avoid this party bollocks..

And how can he want unity with the Lib Dem’s whine they were close to Satan two weeks ago.

The problem is that Corbyn is shit at politics.  As well as being a useless c*nt obviously.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24192 on: August 14, 2019, 11:28:14 pm »

Yep. This is what he does - always. 'Well, I just don't know.' He's the fucking Mavis Riley of the House of Commons.
:)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-89A0YjmtdI
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #24193 on: August 14, 2019, 11:33:51 pm »

Ha. I'd translate it as he doesn't want a GE while there's still time to have one before 31st October. More leverage for him nearer to the cliffedge. He's also not keen on losing votes to the Lib Dems and Greens so he has to offer something, so why not the most politically indigestible offer possible? Put him in Downing Street and then run a GE election campaign after having put him there with nothing to show for it but a further extension. MPs will sooner try to legislate for a further extension to hold an election without needing to do that.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24195 on: August 14, 2019, 11:38:24 pm »
Dammit. Blocked in France. Do you have another link?
I don't really know  :)
I will have a look to see if I can find one.
EDIT, Another link but you tube again so not sure if it will work for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1QYx2E222Y
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 11:43:23 pm by oldfordie »
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #24196 on: August 14, 2019, 11:44:52 pm »
Its seems like Plaid, the Greens and the SNP will agree to it.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24198 on: August 14, 2019, 11:52:39 pm »
Its seems like Plaid, the Greens and the SNP will agree to it.

Has Jeremy had a sex change?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24199 on: August 14, 2019, 11:53:19 pm »
Has Jeremy had a sex change?

He is white, which is important for the Green’s.