Author Topic: SION TRAIN TICKETS  (Read 9257 times)

Offline King Kenny Play

• Legacy Fan
  • "Oh Istanbul is wonderful,oh Istanbul is wonderful
Re: SION TRAIN TICKETS
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2015, 12:20:51 pm »

Someone was saying to me that you can't get the 50% discount on the website, you need to use the app.  This was after I'd already got the 50% discount from Geneva Airport to Sion.

Anyway, what he told me seems to be true of certain journeys (he's travelling from Zurich).
Y

So, if anybody else is having trouble getting the discount try using the app.
Ya have to book a single journey, then back again to guarantee a supersaver ticket price!!

If ya booking for more than 1 person, best to do it separate for each person.

I booked for individual tickets as panicked that no tickets left and had to get the last train back from Sion to Geneva airport!!

I e-mailed the train company as I wasn't happy what I had paid for our four! After 3 e-mails back and forth they have refunded my original money and I have booked the cheap tickets.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 12:25:50 pm by King Kenny Play »
"The people who come to watch us play, who love the team and regard it as part of their lives, would never appreciate Liverpool having a huge balance in the bank. They want every asset we possess to be wearing a red shirt."

‘Football is like a piano. You need eight people to carry it, and three people to play the damn thing!’

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2015, 09:35:07 pm »

Someone was saying to me that you can't get the 50% discount on the website, you need to use the app.  This was after I'd already got the 50% discount from Geneva Airport to Sion.

Anyway, what he told me seems to be true of certain journeys (he's travelling from Zurich).

So, if anybody else is having trouble getting the discount try using the app.
After booking 20 tickets over 2 days last week, I know the SBB system pretty well by now  ;) Of course the 50% discount applies via the website as well as via the app but I now know that they both have different allocations so for anyone still waiting to book, check both if 1 is showing more than CHF26 from Geneva Airport to Sion or vice versa. Also, you can't book more than 6 in 1 hit without the price going through the roof so try 4...3 and so on. Some of the ones that I did last week were showing a higher price when I only asked for 2 seats but by booking a single each time, I was able to book another 7 of our lot at CHF26 each.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 09:45:37 pm by ABJ »
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline King Kenny Play

• Legacy Fan
  • "Oh Istanbul is wonderful,oh Istanbul is wonderful
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2015, 08:00:42 am »
After booking 20 tickets over 2 days last week, I know the SBB system pretty well by now  ;) Of course the 50% discount applies via the website as well as via the app but I now know that they both have different allocations so for anyone still waiting to book, check both if 1 is showing more than CHF26 from Geneva Airport to Sion or vice versa. Also, you can't book more than 6 in 1 hit without the price going through the roof so try 4...3 and so on. Some of the ones that I did last week were showing a higher price when I only asked for 2 seats but by booking a single each time, I was able to book another 7 of our lot at CHF26 each.
You cant do 4 and get a decent price...tried that for ours...you have to buy one way single per person and then same for the return to get the cheapest tickets...bit of a mission but you get a much better price!!!
"The people who come to watch us play, who love the team and regard it as part of their lives, would never appreciate Liverpool having a huge balance in the bank. They want every asset we possess to be wearing a red shirt."

‘Football is like a piano. You need eight people to carry it, and three people to play the damn thing!’