Author Topic: Ludogrets AWAY - 26th NOV 2014  (Read 67467 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ludogrets AWAY - 26th NOV 2014
« on: September 1, 2014, 01:56:17 pm »
Think we need a thread for essential travel info and stuff. I don't think I will be the only one not flying direct into Sofia. 

Anyone struggling to get a reasonably priced direct flight to Sofia, an alternative is to do what we have done and book a flight to Plovdiv from Stansted on Ryan Air.  Currently £104 quid going out Monday coming back Friday. That's with a bag checked in. It's £73 if you can manage with hand luggage.

Here is the Website for the Bulgarian Train service.  www.bdz.bg.  It's naturally in Bulgarian but there is a little button at the top of the page labeled 'EN' which does what it says on the tin and makes it much easier for thicko non Bulgarian speakers like myself.

I have had a browse round the site and the fares are VERY cheap. About 4 quid for a return from Plovdiv to Sofia. . Now that is cheap and they also do further discounts for small groups of 3 to 6 people traveling together.  About a 3 hr journey to Sofia from Plovdiv and they are very regular (from Plovdiv at least)

I did read this little snippet of info which could prove useful and save you a bit of hassle if you are catching a train.

Rail travel and ticketing in Bulgaria is unique. After buying a return trip ticket, before boarding the train on the return you have to obtain a stamp on your ticket at the cashier. Otherwise you will have to pay a fine to the conductor or be kicked off the train to get the stamp.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ludogrets AWAY - 26th NOV 2014
« Reply #1 on: September 2, 2014, 11:42:36 am »
A little bit more expensive but for those not wanting to travel to London you can go with Lufthansa via Frankfurt from Manchester for between £180-210 return depending on how much of a layover in Germany you fancy

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #2 on: September 2, 2014, 11:44:05 am »

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 2, 2014, 12:28:24 pm »
Anyone scouted out the best area to stay in yet? Planning for a couple nights out there since the bar/nightclub scene sounds interesting based on reviews
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 2, 2014, 02:59:32 pm »
Anyone scouted out the best area to stay in yet? Planning for a couple nights out there since the bar/nightclub scene sounds interesting based on reviews

To be honest mate what I've seen all the main bars (and there are LOTS of them :)) are pretty much central.  Looks like they have a fantastic Metro system which works out at about 30p each ride. :)

Some Interesting transport info below: Looks like wherever you get a hotel it will be a piece of piss to get to wherever you wanna go.  Our hotel for instance is right next to the K. Velichkov stop on M1 line so happy days.

You can get to and from the Airport straight into the City centre on the Metro too.

The Stadion Vasil Levski also has a Metro stop so no fucking hassle getting to the ground. :)

The subway (metro) in Sofia has two lines - Red (M1) and Blue (M2). The Red line (Lulin, Obelya) goes through the city center to the southeast (Tsarigradsko shose), where it will eventually connect to the airport. The Blue line goes through the city center as well connecting Nadezhda r.d. (Lomsko shose), Central Train Station with city center ending at Lozentz r.d (James Bourchier). Both lines meet at the Serdika station where one can transfer using a single ticket. One of the main stations in the center of town is called "NDK" or "National Palace of Culture"

There are several kinds of tickets and cards in Sofia. The single ride ticket costs 1.00 Lev - 0.50 Euro, and is valid for a single ride, without limitation of time or distance. After buying the ticket, you must stamp it inside the vehicle with the yellow stamp-machines (perforators). Another option for multi-travelling is buying a court of 10 tickets, the principle is the same with the rides. Such court of 10 tickets costs 8 Leva - 4 Euro. Beware that one such court cannot be used by two or more people on the same time, and the 10-th ticket must always be preserved and shown upon request to the ticket inspectors (this is to make sure that you are not using a punched ticket that you found on the bus).

If you are planning a stay in Sofia, it is best to rely on single-day-cards. Such card costs 4 Leva - 2 Euros, and is valid for all buses, trams, trolleybuses and the subway. The card is stamped by the kiosk seller so you don't have to worry about stamping it inside the vehicles. It is valid after stamped until the closing time of the transport, so around 23:30 - 00:00. You can also buy the 24h ticket for the next or another day, by simply telling that to the employee, and he will put the appropriate date stamp of the next or another day, you wish to travel. Just find a kiosk where this card is sold, and buy every single morning such a card, and travel as much as you like. The card is valid for a single person only!Also when you use the day ticket in Metro system, always validate the ticket in the manned(in every station next the auto doors) ticket point. The employee scan the ticket with a bar code reader, and gives it a free entrance allowance . You must do that every time during the day, in order to pass inside the metro stations.

Offline Smithy_88

• Anny Roader
  • I Fucking Love Lucas....
« Reply #5 on: September 2, 2014, 03:06:09 pm »

Watch out there mate I posted about working near Plovdiv in the other post. Went to Sofia for a work night out, as you do a strip bar.... Young and naive anyways... Long story short ended with a gun pulled out on me and a big argument with the owners.  :butt

Very Mafia run in Sofia, however if you're spending money they don't seem to mind. It's not like your going to Spain / france on a piss up. 

Theres a place near the city centre where there are a shit loads of bridges over the river in a small area that goes through Sofia city centre (Danube river maybe??) loads of Bulgarian Chalga clubs round there Which is what the clubs consist of in Bulgaria. That sort of music anyways. Plus Kamenitza for about 1.50 in the clubs

Tempted to get on this now but already doing Madrid and skint :-/
« Last Edit: September 2, 2014, 03:10:46 pm by Smithy_88 »

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 2, 2014, 03:07:11 pm »
^ That's really interesting, ta for linking it. Sounds like it's gonna be a dirt cheap trip at least
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 2, 2014, 05:01:25 pm »
We've booked the hotel rila Sofia which is basically central mon-Thursday for £62

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 2, 2014, 05:34:43 pm »
We've booked the hotel rila Sofia which is basically central mon-Thursday for £62

My mate and 2 other lads are booked into there :) Your not with a lad called Terry by any chance are you mate?

Me and 2 of the lads are booked into the EasyHotel.  Pretty central (10 mins stroll to center) with a Metro stop right outside the hotel, just 2 stops from the central Metro stop Serdika.

£57 for a double room each for the 3 nights.

Done this pretty cheap so far. Well happy.

Offline KOTP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 2, 2014, 06:02:42 pm »
Nah mate not with anyone called terry but good to know a few other reds will be in the hotel £57 each for a double! Youve been robbed that £62 is for the room for the 3 nights £31 each!

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 2, 2014, 08:25:55 pm »
£57 each for our own double room I mean. That's for all 3 nights

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 2, 2014, 09:55:38 pm »
A little bit more expensive but for those not wanting to travel to London you can go with Lufthansa via Frankfurt from Manchester for between £180-210 return depending on how much of a layover in Germany you fancy

Fucking hell, alright. Didn't know you were still doing Euro aways, or even post on here, how you doing?

I was tempted by this but not guaranteed a ticket, so was thinking about booking closer to the date and taking the hit on that.

Offline KOTP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 2, 2014, 10:17:22 pm »
Im not to bad still do the euro aways! Just given up domestic ones only come on here now and again . mainly to.get some euro trip and ticket info

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13 on: September 3, 2014, 10:03:16 am »
is the match def in sofia ?

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #14 on: September 3, 2014, 10:11:47 am »

Offline Luke18

• Kemlynite
« Reply #15 on: September 3, 2014, 11:27:59 am »
What allocation are we likely to get for this does anyone know?

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: September 3, 2014, 12:28:29 pm »
What allocation are we likely to get for this does anyone know?

2,100 mate.

Capacity is 43,320.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 3, 2014, 12:29:19 pm »
Flights to Bucharest are still reasonable/cheap, train from there is possible for any still considering booking without paying the vastly inflated current prices (very long journey though would have to train the day before and after).

« Last Edit: September 3, 2014, 12:31:14 pm by PaulKS »

Offline markthescouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 3, 2014, 12:35:46 pm »
Vasil levski stadium in Sofia. It's the national stadium and about the same size as Anfield at 46,000. If you're going to Sofia, you've got to have a fairly good chance of getting a ticket considering their usual stadium holds about 6,000

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 3, 2014, 12:36:05 pm »
Im not to bad still do the euro aways! Just given up domestic ones only come on here now and again . mainly to.get some euro trip and ticket info

Not going to Basel? Are the Swiss glass doors safe?

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 3, 2014, 12:37:00 pm »
2,100 mate.

Capacity is 43,320.

Would think they will give us more than that though since I can't see them having 40,000 fans who are all willing to travel to Sofia!

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #21 on: September 3, 2014, 12:42:02 pm »
Would think they will give us more than that though since I can't see them having 40,000 fans who are all willing to travel to Sofia!

The stadium will be full of neutral fans who will be there to see Liverpool. There are also lots of Liverpool fans here, so pretty sure the stadium will be packed.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 3, 2014, 12:42:51 pm »
The stadium will be full of neutral fans who will be there to see Liverpool. There are also lots of Liverpool fans here, so pretty sure the stadium will be packed.

Ah right..fair enough then!

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 3, 2014, 12:49:29 pm »

Really hope I'm wrong but can't see it meself.

Offline KOTP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: September 3, 2014, 01:02:36 pm »
Not going to Basel? Are the Swiss glass doors safe?
going to them all and I'll be avoiding anywhere with a glass door in Switzerland they are rather expensive!

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #25 on: September 3, 2014, 02:35:17 pm »
Hi guys I'm from Sofia but live in uk go to all liverpool home games normally. I hot a wizzair return ticket from luton for £80 on the day of the draw. Just wanted to say if too expensive fly to Bourgas maybe go to sunny beach then get train or coach to Sofia even 30min plane. Also thomas cook and thomson fly to Bourgas! Sofia is awesome for nights out and full of intersting clubs and bars ..ignore the chalga guy who posted earlier (normal young people from Sofia hate chalga clubs too so not many left, but if you come from Plovdiv I'm not surprised they are all idiots lol).All bars and clubs,restaurants are close to each other with in the center and open all night (you must go to Murphy's pub to get real ale and watch any football game as they have all sorts of illigal satelite ) ..plus its a place where all local liverpool fans from the official bulgarian fan club drink and watch games. Everything is cheap especially local beers(very good but mainly lagers). If you change ur pounds to leva in the change bureaus the rate is higher then uk or bulgarian banks plus there is plenty scattered around in the center.
The game will be played at the national stadium as its the only one with license for euro games and will be at 40 000 not 46 000 . The interest is massive and will be packed with neutral and Bulgarian liverpool fans like me who will try and get as close as they can to the away fans to sing with them (they know all the songs).Bulgarians buy they tickets from the tills and the tickets bihind the goals are 50 leva compare to 80-100 leva at sides! You maybe able to buy some of the so called expensive tickets early or online expensive for locals but expect it to be full (everyone I know is going as this is a chance to see real football live as they say with stars).The current rate pound to leva is about £1=2.40 leva

Offline Seveofthekop

• Main Stander
« Reply #26 on: September 3, 2014, 11:11:19 pm »
We've booked Ryanair: Manc to Bergamo, Wizzair: Bergamo to Sofia and the same back for £70 each, £25 each for hotel in Bergamo Tuesday, £25 for hotel in Sofia, only down side is the early flight from Sofia on the Thursday

Offline danxisqn

• Boys Pen
  • Back where we belong!
« Reply #27 on: September 4, 2014, 02:51:08 pm »
Stansted direct Sofia Tuesday 07:00 Easyjet
Sofia direct Gatwick Thursday Lunchtime Easyjet
2 Nights Hotel
£210

Ticket?? Hopefully?!

Its been touched on already but I do think that since Ludogorets play 300KM away from Sofia and thier ground holds only 4000 we should be down for a decent allocation? How many of thier lot are going to get over for the game?

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 4, 2014, 02:52:52 pm »
Stansted direct Sofia Tuesday 07:00 Easyjet
Sofia direct Gatwick Thursday Lunchtime Easyjet
2 Nights Hotel
£210

Ticket?? Hopefully?!

Its been touched on already but I do think that since Ludogorets play 300KM away from Sofia and thier ground holds only 4000 we should be down for a decent allocation? How many of thier lot are going to get over for the game?

All you literally need to do to find out the answer to that question is look 2 posts up from the one you published mate...

Offline ACLE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #29 on: September 4, 2014, 10:06:05 pm »
Nice one Buck Pete. 3 of us heading out of Stansted to Plovdiv with Ryan air monday to friday. Late into Plovdiv monday so stopping over monday before train or bus to Sofia Tuesday. Hotel Elite Palace in Plovdiv but at €10 each b&b I don't expect anything elite. Happy days.
It's not where you've been, it's where we're going.

JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED but Justice is getting closer every day.

Offline Armless Joe Gambino

• Will stone fred at the drop of a hat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: September 5, 2014, 02:18:15 am »
Done, see you all there  :wave
In my day everbody drank and smoked and nobody took drugs. . . . . .

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: September 5, 2014, 01:50:51 pm »
but if you come from Plovdiv I'm not surprised they are all idiots lol).

Nice one Buck Pete. 3 of us heading out of Stansted to Plovdiv with Ryan air monday to friday.

Well there's another 6 idiots to add to the population of Plovdiv :)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: September 5, 2014, 06:21:16 pm »
Hoefully Ludogorets behave at their future home games, anymore punishments will just get worse.

Ludogorets Razgrad must close a section of their ground when they host Real Madrid in the Champions League on 1 October for the same offence.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29080094

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 5, 2014, 06:26:57 pm »
So Real AND Ludogrets both have to close part their ground for their first home game, we got lucky that our first away is Basel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: September 5, 2014, 06:32:01 pm »
Basel were done last season, empty stadium against Valencia I think it was after they kicked off in Salzburg.

Offline chrissimpson81

• Kopite
« Reply #35 on: September 6, 2014, 01:05:49 pm »
Just booked this one

Mon-Fri Stansted to Plovdiv 1 night in Plovdiv 3 in Sofia all in for £135  ;D

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
« Reply #36 on: September 7, 2014, 04:38:14 pm »
Anyone driving from Bucharest on the Tuesday?
If he scores more goals than Torres this season ill change me name to Carol.

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #37 on: September 8, 2014, 11:49:36 am »
Any ideas in which sector our supporters will be located ? If i can't manage to get a ticket for the same end I want to be as close as possible.

Offline Alistairlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • We See Things They'll Never See
« Reply #38 on: September 9, 2014, 05:59:18 pm »
any news on Madrids allocation here? can't find anything about away tickets on their site.

Offline rob89

• Main Stander
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2014, 01:24:49 pm »
We booked the day of the draw.

Luton to Sofia 20.50 pm gets to sofia 1.50 local time.

Then we've got a room in the rila hotel for 30 euro

Fly back after the game at 5.30 am

The flights were £75 i think and i've just had a look now gone up to £300+ for the same flight.

Anyone else on these flights?