Author Topic: Gerrard  (Read 134855 times)

Offline Loo Pan

• Lower Cooker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Heavy Metal Football
Re: Gerrard
« Reply #280 on: December 1, 2011, 12:15:48 pm »
in all seriousness though, Torres and Owen probably owe him half their wages, he made their careers.

When you think of the number of superb assists Gerrard made for Torres, and the understanding they had together, it's no wonder Torres is finding it harder to get amongst the goals at Chelsea.

Offline Fowllah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What the fuck was I thinking with this pseudo?
« Reply #281 on: December 1, 2011, 12:16:30 pm »
In fairness to Andy he has rarely questioned Gerrards ability, but the willingness to take one for the team and play on the right where he seemingly played the best we've seen and had the highest amount of goals that season!
I think he would have had a cracking season wherever he played, be it centrally or out on the right. A little known fact is half the goals he got that season were when he started in the centre.

Offline Fowllah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What the fuck was I thinking with this pseudo?
« Reply #282 on: December 1, 2011, 12:17:55 pm »
Yeah, but I would've scored off most of those assists, and that's more to do with the quality of the assist rather than my footballing skillz.
Whoosh.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #283 on: December 1, 2011, 12:49:00 pm »
I am not certain that the full lung bursting game is something that will come easily to him anymore. I think a career of being a more reserved but ultimately more controlling midfielder beckons.

I don't think that stops him playing RM at all - Beckham was incredibly effective using his quality after he passed his athletic peak
This is especially true with someone athletic at RB (which we have)

I don't think his game / ability is suited at all to the kind of pivot role people envisage him dropping back into - of course he could to it to a level but he's always going to be more effective high up the pitch - preferably on the right

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #284 on: December 1, 2011, 02:01:48 pm »
You don't have to put him out on the right for him to get crosses in.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: December 1, 2011, 02:18:15 pm »
I can never get that turn and assist against Stoke out of my mind.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #286 on: December 1, 2011, 02:28:12 pm »
I can never get that turn and assist against Stoke out of my mind.

Secksi wasn't it

Offline Billman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #287 on: December 1, 2011, 02:49:57 pm »
No doubt Kenny will face more questions than usual on a return date for Gerrard at his next press conference, he might have some information to share there.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: December 1, 2011, 05:13:10 pm »
No doubt Kenny will face more questions than usual on a return date for Gerrard at his next press conference, he might have some information to share there.
I think he is still a way away.

Offline HariLFC

• Kopite
  • Walk on with hope in your heart.
« Reply #289 on: December 1, 2011, 05:16:06 pm »
Would just like some bloody clarification over Stevie, sick of the media games we're playing. A rough date is better than this persistent tactic of saying he's doing splendidly.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: December 1, 2011, 06:18:01 pm »
LFC5TimesNews (or something like that)'s saying on Twitter that he's still on crutches. Another account said he's resuming training soon and they've gone mental saying Gerrard's still on crutches and they've seen him twice in a week.

Scott's said he's had his cast removed so not sure what to believe?

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: December 1, 2011, 06:21:44 pm »
In fairness to Andy he has rarely questioned Gerrards ability, but the willingness to take one for the team and play on the right where he seemingly played the best we've seen and had the highest amount of goals that season!

How did he though, he played a full season there and then moved into the center, but who said that was because of him bitching and moaning? I hardly doubt Rafa was the type of man to stand for something like hat and Stevie shown that season he'd play there as he done it for a whole season, just rumours.

It also turned out to be a good decision did it not? The Torres and Gerrard partnership improbably one of the finest partnerships attacking wise this club has ever seen, b-b-but it wouldn't of happened if whining bitching Gerrard had stayed on the right  :'( :'(.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2011, 06:42:16 pm by -Willo- »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: December 1, 2011, 06:31:17 pm »
might as well face it - it's december - all sources say he hasn't even returned to training - so the new years is looking more and more likely.

Offline Jimmy Two Times

• Two Times. A good fella. RAWK Cricket ODI Draft champion
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: December 1, 2011, 07:10:17 pm »
That video above is superb. Unbelievable footballer.  :o

Offline MelwoodBoy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: December 1, 2011, 07:22:25 pm »
Can he slot into the holding midfield role?

At the time of our 7th European Cup final appearance it was 12 years and 3 days

and still counting......

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #295 on: December 1, 2011, 08:12:01 pm »
LFC5TimesNews (or something like that)'s saying on Twitter that he's still on crutches. Another account said he's resuming training soon and they've gone mental saying Gerrard's still on crutches and they've seen him twice in a week.

Scott's said he's had his cast removed so not sure what to believe?

Would explain why he didn't travel to the Chelsea game, if they (the club) were trying to keep it quiet?
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: December 1, 2011, 08:40:33 pm »
Without the goals he wouldn't have had those assists.

This is one of the most insightful posts I've ever read on here. Thanks
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Matts

• Kopite
« Reply #297 on: December 1, 2011, 08:45:33 pm »
Hmm so how long does a course of anti-biotics run for? Cant wait to see Mr Gerrard back in the squad
Opinion, What most want to give, but what most don't want to hear

Offline Epic Swindle

• Main Stander
« Reply #298 on: December 1, 2011, 09:10:58 pm »
I think the time may be upon us, just like with carra, that we start to plan for a starting 11 without gerrard.  Was out for 6 months, came back, played a couple of games and now out again for about the past 3/4 weeks for a foot infection with no sign of a return.  The team is playing well without him, he's not being missed and he's no longer the focal point that he once was.  The main concern for me is his fitness.  He's not getting any younger and his injury problems are starting to become a big issue for me.  Unbelievable servant for the club but I think the end is nigh for him

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: December 1, 2011, 09:42:31 pm »
Really hope not but kenny is turning the side into a TEAM and not a one man show so if stevie does recover well he'll still help the team improve but we wont have to rely on him pulling us out of the shit as he has done so well in the past.
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: December 1, 2011, 09:42:42 pm »
I think the time may be upon us, just like with carra, that we start to plan for a starting 11 without gerrard.  Was out for 6 months, came back, played a couple of games and now out again for about the past 3/4 weeks for a foot infection with no sign of a return.  The team is playing well without him, he's not being missed and he's no longer the focal point that he once was.  The main concern for me is his fitness.  He's not getting any younger and his injury problems are starting to become a big issue for me.  Unbelievable servant for the club but I think the end is nigh for him

He could have been the difference between winning our last 4 home games and drawing our last 4 home games. Overall I do agree though. It could well be that he only has a bit part role to play if the last 12 months are anything to go by unfortunately
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline scott

• Butterflies taste with their feet. An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain. Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: December 1, 2011, 10:58:49 pm »
100% had the cast removed, the other week.
+61 ticket exchange

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: December 1, 2011, 11:01:12 pm »
Totally believe you but I keep hearing something different.

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: December 1, 2011, 11:02:50 pm »
Think he could do sort of a Lucas role better than anyone else in the squad. Depends on when he's back though.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline scott

• Butterflies taste with their feet. An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain. Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: December 1, 2011, 11:51:15 pm »
haven't heard when he's due back next, original planned date was the carling cup game last Tuesday..
+61 ticket exchange

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #305 on: December 2, 2011, 12:08:35 am »
Wish the club wouldn't keep us in the dark over these injuries. We all know nothing will be confirmed until we see training pictures of him.

So frustrating though, especially with Lucas now out for the season. Really need Stevie G fit, and ready for the rest of the season.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #306 on: December 2, 2011, 12:25:44 am »
haven't heard when he's due back next, original planned date was the carling cup game last Tuesday..
Thanx man, keep us posted please!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: December 2, 2011, 12:43:14 am »
Just get fit and stay fit, please!
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #308 on: December 2, 2011, 12:46:24 am »
Totally believe you but I keep hearing something different.

If there's two sources I've learned to trust without questionning, it's djphal and Scott.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline HariLFC

• Kopite
  • Walk on with hope in your heart.
« Reply #309 on: December 2, 2011, 01:09:38 am »
If his due date was the carling cup game, then i'd imagine he'd be back either on Monday or next weekend, on the bench.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #310 on: December 2, 2011, 01:18:01 am »
I think we would've heard something by now if that was the case so I don't think we'll see him this side of Christmas.
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: December 2, 2011, 01:31:10 am »
This guy on twitter is adamant he's seen Gerrard on crutches twice this week. :o Would he still need crutches without the cast?

https://twitter.com/LFC5timesNews

Offline Matt8Pie

• Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #312 on: December 2, 2011, 01:32:16 am »
This guy on twitter is adamant he's seen Gerrard on crutches twice this week. :o Would he still need crutches without the cast?

https://twitter.com/LFC5timesNews

That guy is pure guess work. Claims to be in there with players, etc but it's funny how we never see any pictures with them.

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: December 2, 2011, 01:32:49 am »
That guy is pure guess work.
Is he? Comes off as a real twat too.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #314 on: December 2, 2011, 01:39:51 am »
Yeah, pure speculation and hasn't got much history of breaking news before it's known. There are others on here as I've said who are more reliable.

Offline Billman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #315 on: December 2, 2011, 02:13:26 am »
Not sure what to make of this LFC5timesnews, he seems to have reacted to a rival twitter LFC news account - LFC Globe - that claimed Gerrard's been in the gym and could make the Villa game.

How reliable LFCGlobe account is I don't know but LFC5timesnews doesn't seem to have liked this at all, saying "What a load of shit", "please unfollow them please. Absolute pack of lies. Spreading unnecessary bollocks", "ignore them mate, lies" and "I seen him twice on crutches in last week". The possibility that LFC5times might have been scooped by the LFCGlobe account seems to have got the blood boiling.

Also noticed that in an earlier tweet LFC5timesnews said that, although Spearing and Henderson would be the obvious replacements for Lucas, it might be worth considering whether Aurelio could do a job in there. Some guy comes along and replies to that with "Not a chance of Aurelio being played in there when we have actual centre mids in the squad". LFC5timesnews responds to this with "fuck off u knob".

He really seems to take great offence when he feels his authority is being questioned and judging by some of his responses I wonder how much he really does know as to what's going on with the likes of Stevie.

PS On Nov 27 someone tweeted at Ricky Gervais saying "Hey ricky, been a fan for years but your humour is losing its appeal! Stick to the stuff that doesnt cause offence!”. For some reason LFC5timesnews chooses to get involved and says "who the fuck are too give him advice".

It doesn't seem to be the most disciplined of outfits this guy is running. Any grammatical errors above are his and not mine.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2011, 02:20:19 am by Billman »

Offline Ares.

• Main Stander
« Reply #316 on: December 2, 2011, 05:12:03 am »
To answer someone above, I do think he can play the Lucas role. Last season he had 2 good games sitting back and controlling the midfield. It might also be better for him to not surge forward after just coming back from injury and just dominating from a deeper role. Thoughts?

If his due date was the carling cup game, then i'd imagine he'd be back either on Monday or next weekend, on the bench.
I propose a C-section.
A vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire.

Offline mccred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: December 2, 2011, 12:20:00 pm »
Seems to me we have a fairly reliable source saying the cast is off, so I'll go with that till I see different. The cast being off though does not mean he can put weight on it, just means he's allowed to move it again to get the blood flowing to aid recovery. But I ain't no physio or doctor. Were in the dark, which just in my opinion means he's still a few weeks away, probably the new year.
Think if he was close to a come back, I reckon we would of heard by now.
Probably doing gym work and swimming, when he starts kicking a ball again, that's when the club will make an announcement.
Hope it's sooner rather than later!
Don't Ever,Ever Buy The S*n. Fucking Tory Scum.

FUCK OFF PUTIN!

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #318 on: December 2, 2011, 01:07:29 pm »
How did he though, he played a full season there and then moved into the center, but who said that was because of him bitching and moaning? I hardly doubt Rafa was the type of man to stand for something like hat and Stevie shown that season he'd play there as he done it for a whole season, just rumours.

It also turned out to be a good decision did it not? The Torres and Gerrard partnership improbably one of the finest partnerships attacking wise this club has ever seen, b-b-but it wouldn't of happened if whining bitching Gerrard had stayed on the right  :'( :'(.

You'd have to have that arguement with Andy! There were rumours of him complaining and being part of the horde that got rid of Benitez. As I said Rumours!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline scott

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: December 2, 2011, 07:22:44 pm »
From somebody that's been with him today : he's not on crutches, he's working with the physios and hopes to be back in roughly 4 weeks.
+61 ticket exchange