The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

RIP David Johnson. 1951 - 2022. Liverpool Legend.

<< < (2/21) > >>

Cracking Left Foot:
Ah that's very sad. One of the first Liverpool players I remember when I was a child. RIP.

Armchair expert:
That's incredibly sad news, met him at a sportsman's dinner a few years back, very funny guy and then had ten minutes at every table there
A legend at not just at Liverpool but also for Everton, Ipswich and England

RIP

Dr. Beaker:
Loved Jono, always gave 100%, always managed to get a rocket of a shot off, on target.

RIP

Redsnappa:
I just saw John Aldridge's tweet. How sad to hear.

I saw most of his career with us. We signed him on the back of his tremendous forward play for Bobby Robson's mid-70's Ipswich and prolific England appearances - he only won 8 caps but scored 6 goals in the process. He had to fight it out here with Toshack and Fairclough for a place alongside Keegan, but then was a regular for the next three years or so until Ian Rush started to get games ahead of him.

He was the first player to score for both Everton and Liverpool in the Derby, was a big part of Paisley's tremendous late 70's/early 80's side before we sold him back to Everton, where he'd begun his career.

It's no age really 71 these days. Hadn't even heard he was ill. RIP 'Doc' or 'Jonno' as we called him.

Crosby Nick:
Sad news at a relative young age. Couple of years before I can remover watching us, but obviously seen loads of footage of him from those glory years. RIP David.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version