The Liverpool FC Forum > The History Board - 1892 to 1994

Liverpool's 8th league title, and 1st UEFA Cup - 1972/73 season...

<< < (2/3) > >>

FlashingBlade:

--- Quote from: 12C on July 27, 2022, 01:15:14 pm ---My first full season following the reds with my mates. You make an old man feel very old.
Thank you for these, much appreciated mate.

--- End quote ---

like wise....main memory is having to go in Boys pen for second BMG cos skint from night before...Boys pen 5p to get in Kop 10p

Dougle:

--- Quote from: kavah on July 27, 2022, 03:03:14 am ---These are great threads Jason. Cheers mate.

--- End quote ---

I'll echo that. Great memories there.

As a matter of interest I was checking you tube to see if there was any footage of Shanks taking Gordan Banks (Stoke and England Goalkeeper who lost an eye the night after playing at Anfield that season) on a lap of honour the following season before Liverpool played Stoke. Unfortunately nothing it seems.

disgraced cake:
These threads are great. Got anything from the 1901/1906 title winning seasons though ? ;D

Some of the newspaper clippings from the LFC archive site are really good finds, just looking through the AEK Athens one now, interesting stuff on ticket prices being raised with Main Stand seats being £1 and Paddock tickets 55 pence.

Also. 'Liverpool are England's most experienced European competitors having been involved in nine successive seasons, but still await a final victory'

FlashingBlade:

--- Quote from: Dougle on July 27, 2022, 04:34:37 pm ---I'll echo that. Great memories there.

As a matter of interest I was checking you tube to see if there was any footage of Shanks taking Gordan Banks (Stoke and England Goalkeeper who lost an eye the night after playing at Anfield that season) on a lap of honour the following season before Liverpool played Stoke. Unfortunately nothing it seems.

--- End quote ---

amazing scenes as Banks approached the Kop..25,000 broke out in chant of "Gordon, Gordon"....probably only time we ignored Shanks

Dougle:

--- Quote from: FlashingBlade on July 27, 2022, 05:11:54 pm ---amazing scenes as Banks approached the Kop..25,000 broke out in chant of "Gordon, Gordon"....probably only time we ignored Shanks

--- End quote ---

Sounds fantastic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version