The Liverpool FC Forum > The History Board - 1892 to 1994

Liverpool's 8th league title, and 1st UEFA Cup - 1972/73 season...

<< < (3/3)

Yorkykopite:
Once again Jason, fantastic work.

The first two games of the season were my first two visits to Anfield. Seems scarcely believable now but it was Man City followed four days later by Man United. Combined attendance of 110,000. Awe-inspiring for a young kid. Never seen any TV film of the United match. I'm sure you tried to find some, but mid-week games rarely got covered then.

I was once saw some German film (I think) of the UEFA CUP Final first leg at Anfield. It may have even been the abandoned match. It was YNWA in its entirety - a heaving, packed Kop with loads of banners including an unusually large one that said 'Liverpool-Champions' that resembled the long ones we do today at the front of the Kop. Would love to see that up here, but I can't find it.

SvenJohansen:
Nice one Jason, fair play to you. I was born in '72 so I'm looking forward to watching all of these.

telekon:
What an absolute treasure trove. Amazing work. Cheers oojason!

oojason:

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone - it means a lot.

--- Quote from: SvenJohansen on July 29, 2022, 11:08:52 pm ---Nice one Jason, fair play to you. I was born in '72 so I'm looking forward to watching all of these.

--- End quote ---

Nice one mate - I was born in '73 so I was looking forward to doing this specific season. If you find or remember any content online from the 72/73 season, please post it up ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version