The Liverpool FC Forum > Gaming Board for consoles, PC & mobile

Simulator Games Thread

(1/12) > >>

Andy @ Allerton!:
There are tons of them out there, but I thought might be interesting to stick to the mainstream ones, so games like

* Flight Simulator
* Train Simulator
* Farming Simulator
* Ship Simulator

.. and the like rather than battle simulation games. So games that simulate a genre/area that doesn't involve stuff like conflict and also is fairly realistic.

Might be a good place to exchange hints n' tips.

With the hints and tips part, cutting down trees;

* Get the attachment ST 65 T (Under forestry equipment) to remove the stump - even though it has a 'lower' option, you can manually move it up and down to tackle bigger stumps
* Buy a chainsaw (As far as I can tell they are all the same) and chop 'er down! Do it into management chunks.
* Get a decent trailer that you can use to transport the wood
* Get a chippy (The one you can drag about is a good one) - you can get one with a grabby handle, but I find it frustrating and prefer the one you have to load yourself

Then fill your trailer and take it to the woodchipper shop (Rear of the map on Ravenport, not sure where it's at on other maps, but will be within the lumber mill somewhere)

Chipping into a trailer then dumping at the lumbermill saves you having to load/unload all the logs (I've just started doing this and it's much better)

AndyMuller:
Are these type of games good or do they get boring after 10 minutes? I canít believe there is something called Goat Simulator. Would you play a RAWK Simulator, Andy? How about a poll with options?

Elmo!:

--- Quote from: AndyMuller on October 22, 2021, 04:25:52 pm ---Are these type of games good or do they get boring after 10 minutes? I canít believe there is something called Goat Simulator. Would you play a RAWK Simulator, Andy? How about a poll with options?

--- End quote ---

Goat Simulator is not really the same thing as the likes of Flight Sim or Farming SIm.  ;D

It's worth a try and fun for an hour or so.

Andy @ Allerton!:

--- Quote from: AndyMuller on October 22, 2021, 04:25:52 pm ---Are these type of games good or do they get boring after 10 minutes? I canít believe there is something called Goat Simulator. Would you play a RAWK Simulator, Andy? How about a poll with options?

--- End quote ---

If you play it for ten minutes then you are unlikely to like it very much. There is a learning curve and it's the detail once you know what you're doing that makes the games great.

Whizz around for ten minutes in a plane in Flight Sim for 10 minutes and yeah you're likely to be bored.

Do the actual flying lessons (Free and built in) and it tells you and shows you all the stuff you need to know. Once you're interacting with the air traffic control, planning routes and getting from 'A' to 'B' and talking to air traffic control all the way for short hops is very rewarding. You build up to bigger planes and there are so many things to keep track of (or not if you can't be arsed) that you can build up a really enjoyable and rewarding experience.

Real pilots can clock up real miles that count towards their monthly totals on fight sim - that's how realistic it is.

Andy @ Allerton!:
So earned enough in FS19 to buy some more lands and enough to terraform some new fields.

Loving this :)

Got a ton of tractos which all are working around the clock on other peoples fields and the wonga when you get to finally harvest is great (Though I'm hoarding it for the next big demand slot)

No one else playing this at the moment?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version