Author Topic: FIFA Series  (Read 19653 times)

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FIFA 22
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2021, 12:18:07 pm »
Can’t believe people still buy this game. It’s terrible, the gameplay essentially hasn’t changed for about 10 years! Think it was 12 that brought in the new defending system(?), that was the last big change. Wish people would stop buying it then they might actually throw their hundreds of millions at developing a new engine from scratch.

You can make this argument for every yearly franchise. People enjoy it. It's easy to pick up and play.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2021, 12:24:44 pm »
Any decent deals around on this on ps5? Don't fancy paying 60 quid
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2021, 10:47:23 am »
Any decent deals around on this on ps5? Don't fancy paying 60 quid

Saw that Goal are doing a livestream today, and during it you can get it for £55 on PS5 (orders fulfilled via Maplin with delivery tomorrow) -
https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/fifa-22-cheap-in-uk-how-to-buy-new-game-and-ps5-stock-ahead/jmym0lkj9ceo1wwfck6wv7x4t

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2021, 04:00:12 pm »
Full game is 32 GB on the Series X, in case anyone was wondering about the installation size
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2021, 04:05:25 pm »
Mentioned it on the PES thread but after being a devotee of PES/ISS for 20 years+ I'm considering buying FIFA this year. The new eFootball game is utter shite and I'm so disappointed about it.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2021, 04:51:53 pm »
Clubs is the best mode on it. Even for the faults of the game itself playing on a team with your mates is still good fun. We had a Rawk team in the past as well actually

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2021, 10:04:49 pm »
Clubs is the best mode on it. Even for the faults of the game itself playing on a team with your mates is still good fun. We had a Rawk team in the past as well actually

Wouldn’t mind getting that going again.

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 1, 2021, 09:34:49 am »
What's career mode like on this? I don't really play online and with Pro Evo a disaster there is no other option now.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: October 1, 2021, 12:34:43 pm »
Mentioned it on the PES thread but after being a devotee of PES/ISS for 20 years+ I'm considering buying FIFA this year. The new eFootball game is utter shite and I'm so disappointed about it.

Whats the deal with eFootball ?  It seems free to play an extremely limited version and you have to pay for extra content, is that about right ?

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #49 on: October 1, 2021, 01:00:26 pm »
Whats the deal with eFootball ?  It seems free to play an extremely limited version and you have to pay for extra content, is that about right ?
Yeah pretty much, it ‘launched’ yesterday with a whole 9 playable sides and it’s the worst football game I’ve played in over 20 years. Master League (their career) mode isn’t scheduled until November I think.

A shambles all round

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #50 on: October 1, 2021, 01:45:36 pm »
Wouldn’t mind getting that going again.

Sign me up too

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: October 1, 2021, 09:08:35 pm »
Game has been out less than 1 day + 10 hours for some and I'm already up against teams with De Bruyne, Sterling, Kane, Fernandes et al. What's the point of spending a shed load on packs to basically max out your team already? Don't get these people..
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: October 1, 2021, 11:22:58 pm »
Game has been out less than 1 day + 10 hours for some and I'm already up against teams with De Bruyne, Sterling, Kane, Fernandes et al. What's the point of spending a shed load on packs to basically max out your team already? Don't get these people..
Welcome to modern gaming. Pay to win shite.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #53 on: October 1, 2021, 11:35:20 pm »

A fair bit of the fun is trying to get someone decent in a pack. If you spend so many fifa coins that that becomes a near certainty, then what's the point?
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 1, 2021, 11:38:06 pm »
Seems like they’ve removed defending AI. Just dribble down the middle and shoot. $$$$$
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: October 2, 2021, 08:11:10 am »
Stop playing ultimate team, it's the pay to win shite that's ruining games

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: October 3, 2021, 01:46:25 pm »
The match facts section has xG as well now

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: October 3, 2021, 05:52:52 pm »
Going to start a PS5 RAWK Pro club if anyone is up for it?

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: October 4, 2021, 10:58:53 am »
Me every time Derek Rae says 'Bruno Fernanj'

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #59 on: October 4, 2021, 12:58:24 pm »
Me every time Derek Rae says 'Bruno Fernanj'
It's not even pronounced like that, it's pronounced pretty much as it's spelt, 'Brew-no Fer-nan-desh.' Rae the pompous twat is making the mistake of using the Portuguese Sul Americano Brazilian Portuguese dialect, which does not apply in this instance with an European Romantic language. He's adhering to the rules that make the Brazilian Footballer 'Fred' actually pronounced 'Fredj,' or Coutinho being 'Couchinho.'

Fernandes himself on his intro thing on Sky Sports pronounced it 'Fernandsh,' so Rae may have misheard this somewhat, but that's actually more through Fernandes himself having an idiosyncratic way of speaking that leads to some natural truncation of the final syllable consonants closing around the vowel. This likely because typically Portuguese speakers will use the same part of the roof of their mouth and similar tongue shape to form the 'N' and 'D' sounds, so it's what you'd call clipping in morphological terms. We all do this, it's natural and consistent with virtually any dialect you can think of.

Basically say it roughly how it's spelt and lean into a continued 'Z' or soft 'Sh' sound on the final consonant, if you want to be 100% accurate.

Absolute pedantry from me, like.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: October 4, 2021, 04:17:45 pm »
Is it annoying anyone else that most of the prem teams don’t have the third kits?

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: October 5, 2021, 09:39:14 am »
Going to start a PS5 RAWK Pro club if anyone is up for it?
I'm up for it

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #62 on: October 6, 2021, 07:19:07 pm »

Proper Cuntish Behaviour that.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #63 on: October 7, 2021, 05:33:37 pm »
I am quite enjoying it. I'm shit at it, but at least i know the goals I conceded are my issue and not because the opposition is full of speed merchants or players that score every time they shoot.

That always classically changes after the first update though doesn't it?

The negative I have is the goalkeepers, the physics and movement for them seems completely off.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2021, 05:38:36 pm by Elzar »
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: October 7, 2021, 05:39:03 pm »
For me the beta played better than the full release, it was slower paced. The AI move the ball quicker in this than the beta

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #65 on: October 7, 2021, 09:03:53 pm »
For those regular FIFA purchasers, is the game likely to get any cheaper in the next couple of months?

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #66 on: October 7, 2021, 09:05:35 pm »
For those regular FIFA purchasers, is the game likely to get any cheaper in the next couple of months?

I'm sure it's often in the £30 range around Black Friday.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: October 7, 2021, 09:17:36 pm »

Like for any other game, the physical version is bound to be on sale somewhere.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 8, 2021, 05:51:47 am »
EA seriously considering dropping "FIFA" from the title from next year apparently

https://ign.com/fifa-22/168319/news/ea-is-considering-renaming-the-fifa-series

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: October 8, 2021, 11:38:04 am »
^ Weird. Maybe FIFA as in the organisation are demanding some unholy fee purely to keep the Fifa branding for the name. The licences are probably stratospherically expensive to begin with.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #70 on: October 8, 2021, 11:39:10 pm »
^ Weird. Maybe FIFA as in the organisation are demanding some unholy fee purely to keep the Fifa branding for the name. The licences are probably stratospherically expensive to begin with.

They probably feel that they can take their foot off the gas in this regard following the death of PES. It's now the only major association football title - they don't really need the brand recognition of the FIFA name.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 9, 2021, 07:18:04 am »
Seems like the game is trying to keep matches interesting by having me hit the posts or crossbar 5+ times per match. Unless it's just me...

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2021, 09:55:00 pm »
Seems like the game is trying to keep matches interesting by having me hit the posts or crossbar 5+ times per match. Unless it's just me...

Im constantly hitting the crossbar with freekicks that would rattle the net in 21.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2021, 09:25:13 am »
I traded in a load of old games I don't want so got it for £25, not sure I should have bothered. It's fine, it looks nice, it has the same problems it's had for the past two years against the AI on upper difficulties.

I've got a career mode going on Legendary with Crewe - who for anyone that follows the league would admit they have one of the worst squads in League One and will likely go down this season - and I'm sat midtable, close to the playoffs, but having conceded about 10 more than bottom of the league and scored about 12 more than top. It's still serving up those stupid 6-3s and so and it's immersion-destroying.

I'm hoping someone will soon come out with a slider set that makes it slower and more viable. It's less pace dependent, but still too quick.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2021, 11:51:54 pm »
Picked this up over the weekend. It's fun but I have similar gripes to the above. There's obviously some adjustment as I'm a longstanding PES player but after some practice I stuck it on World Class difficulty. On the PES equivalent it would be a grind of a game with chances at a premium, on FIFA I played out a 3-4 pinball match against Utd. And their forwards tried two or three ridiculous skill moves whenever they had the ball in attack. I've got the pace of the game on Slow and reduced the length of the match, but it's just end to end and furiously quick.

I should try a season against a variety of opposition but based on the other comments here I'm fully expecting most games to have at least 4 or 5 goals in them.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2021, 10:19:12 am »
I was playing around with the tactic sliders and player instructions for my team, it's great how much you can change how your team operates with them, made me able to play much better and only lose by one or two each time now.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2021, 10:51:49 am »
Picked this up over the weekend. It's fun but I have similar gripes to the above. There's obviously some adjustment as I'm a longstanding PES player but after some practice I stuck it on World Class difficulty. On the PES equivalent it would be a grind of a game with chances at a premium, on FIFA I played out a 3-4 pinball match against Utd. And their forwards tried two or three ridiculous skill moves whenever they had the ball in attack. I've got the pace of the game on Slow and reduced the length of the match, but it's just end to end and furiously quick.

I should try a season against a variety of opposition but based on the other comments here I'm fully expecting most games to have at least 4 or 5 goals in them.
I'm waiting for someone to come out with a solid set of sliders, because it's still way too quick and end to end, like you say, on the slow setting. The midfield, as was the issue last year, is completely bypassed unless you play a middle 5 and have the central 3 all sit deep. Even giving the DM in a 3 the instruction 'stay back while attacking' or 'drop between the defenders,' they constantly drift towards the ball and get caught ahead of the ball on turnovers, leaving your back 4 laughably exposed.

I know I'm not great, I play on Legendary but have never been brilliant at the game if I'm not using the best teams, but I'm not so bad that I should have 4-3s basically every game. I want the computer to be a lot better at defending and crucially, me too. It's a structural issue in my eyes as opposed to a personal one.

I do think it's a decent enough game (not for the £65 they've been peddling it for) but it isn't substantially different from last year in any way.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2021, 10:56:07 am »
I'm waiting for someone to come out with a solid set of sliders, because it's still way too quick and end to end, like you say, on the slow setting. The midfield, as was the issue last year, is completely bypassed unless you play a middle 5 and have the central 3 all sit deep. Even giving the DM in a 3 the instruction 'stay back while attacking' or 'drop between the defenders,' they constantly drift towards the ball and get caught ahead of the ball on turnovers, leaving your back 4 laughably exposed.

I know I'm not great, I play on Legendary but have never been brilliant at the game if I'm not using the best teams, but I'm not so bad that I should have 4-3s basically every game. I want the computer to be a lot better at defending and crucially, me too. It's a structural issue in my eyes as opposed to a personal one.

I do think it's a decent enough game (not for the £65 they've been peddling it for) but it isn't substantially different from last year in any way.

I have my DM on drop back, then press on heavy touch. It seems to work for me, my midfield is hard to by pass (but when they do they get a good chance on goal because I'm shit at defending)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2021, 11:00:55 am »
I have my DM on drop back, then press on heavy touch. It seems to work for me, my midfield is hard to by pass (but when they do they get a good chance on goal because I'm shit at defending)
Cheers Elzar, I'll have a mess around with that. It may be that my press is too aggressive without the player skill level to achieve it effectively (playing as a poor League One club on Legendary, with overall ratings ranging from 62 - 66), alongside me maybe being a touch liberal with the second man presser, which opens up easy passing gaps.

Then, invariably, I'm shit one on one (but do still find strikers doing some mad moves that League One players would never be able to consistently pull off, or they wouldn't be in League One for long) and the main goal I seem to concede is a volleyed tap-in where a winger has done my fullback and crossed to a striker who's basically stood on the goal line and has been played onside by some bizarre defensive movement by a centre half who's then nowhere near the ball.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2021, 01:04:12 pm »

Ole?