The Liverpool FC Forum > Former LFC Players

Danny Murphy

(1/20) > >>

-Willo-:
I've just finished watching 'Every goal from LFC' series on YouTube (Stops at 03/04)

Murphy was seriously good wasn't he? Why did we let him go in '04? Probably had another season or 2 in him in the squad...

Such a shame he didn't get a Champions League medal!

tubby:
Yeah he comes across as a bitter bellend on the telly but I reached the same conclusion as you watching those highlights.  Very good player on his day, seemed to be involved in everything during that season.

El Lobo:

--- Quote from: -Willo- on May 11, 2020, 09:55:17 am ---I've just finished watching 'Every goal from LFC' series on YouTube (Stops at 03/04)

Murphy was seriously good wasn't he? Why did we let him go in '04? Probably had another season or 2 in him in the squad...

Such a shame he didn't get a Champions League medal!

--- End quote ---

I think you might be in a very, very small minority in thinking that!

He was good for a couple of seasons though.

CraigDS:
I’m not sure he was ever very good. He certainly had his good games and some decent free kicks (I remember a lot more shite free kicks than good ones though).

Maybe on a highlights reel he looks better than he was.

Crosby Nick:
My memory is hazy but I don’t think Rafa booted him out. I think he told him he wouldn’t be first choice and Murphy got a bit of a cob on and wanted to go.

Ultimately he would have been a useful squad option still as he was capable of some very good moments but Alonso was an upgrade. He could still have done a job out wide given we had to play Finnan and Warnock I’m more advanced roles at times but I think he wanted to play centrally.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version