Author Topic: Walton Breck Road  (Read 20561 times)

Offline Paul1611

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Walton Breck Road
« on: January 2, 2020, 04:11:52 pm »
Does anyone know if there are plans to develop the grassy areas either side of Walton Breck Road next to and opposite the club store.  Im sure I heard of a hotel and local amenities being put in but has all gone quiet.  Anyone have any idea?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Walton Breck Road
« Reply #1 on: January 3, 2020, 06:25:51 pm »
I'd also heard about a hotel maybe going there, but it's all gone very quiet on that. I drove past the other night and was wondering about that land myself.

Doing a quick Google search doesn't turn up anything recent. This Echo story on the regeneration seems to be the most recent, but even that is from October 2018.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/business/how-area-around-anfield-changing-15335260
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 4, 2020, 02:46:06 am »
There was stories of a hotel getting built but you'd wonder what the use would be. You'd think the club would be better owning it as they would be able to offer packages but you never know

Offline coct3au

• twins with arsefinger
  • Kopite
« Reply #3 on: January 9, 2020, 03:40:02 pm »
The hotel was also intended to be a "training hotel", to help develop the skills of local young people for the hospitality sector, see eg https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/10m-anfield-hotel-plan-approved-10917094 - don't know what the current situation is though.

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 05:45:30 pm »
Follow this link...  go on Hotel sector.... Hilton Anfield...

https://kkaarchitecture.co.uk/

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 04:00:12 pm »
https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/apartments-proposed-opposite-anfield-stadium/

Lad on Skyscrappercity thinks this and a few other future developments might lead to WBR getting diverted.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 11:41:26 pm »
It’s not diverted, it’s still there but very much more pedestrianised. It will never really ever look like that, it’ll have proper roads.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2020, 12:50:58 am »
When is a road not a road.....

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2020, 08:29:35 am »
Museum road there.

I always forget it’s a road and frequently nearly get run over.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2020, 11:49:24 pm »
Museum road there.

I always forget it’s a road and frequently nearly get run over.

There have been problems there but it would be a different proposition at Anfield - WBR would be closed (maybe 25 days a year). The other image is Yawkey Way.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2020, 08:35:23 pm »
There have been problems there but it would be a different proposition at Anfield - WBR would be closed (maybe 25 days a year). The other image is Yawkey Way.

So Peter, just for clarification, are you saying the Kop could be expanded easily without re-routing the road? You’re going to break a lot of hearts at skyscraper city here.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2020, 10:25:43 pm »
So Peter, just for clarification, are you saying the Kop could be expanded easily without re-routing the road? You’re going to break a lot of hearts at skyscraper city here.

I think he's actually suggesting something akin to this

Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2020, 04:24:06 am »

Peter has been consistent on this for years. He doesn't think a re-routing is necessary. He did that middle pic a few years ago if I remember correctly.

I think he's broadly correct in principle. Put a new roof on it, you could get a few more thousand here and there, up the sides and maybe in the back corners. From the owners perspective it'd be about facilities for food and drink etc to bump up the revenue, and the cost of building that and bigger concourses, toilet facilities etc.

If safe standing comes in, and the numbers are greater than one for one, that's where I think it might get more complex from a logistic pov. But a small re-routing rather than anything too complex might solve all that too. That's basically what they've done with the Annie Road plan.

Edit: here you go Meady, quite a bit of discussion and info in here, all still relevant I think.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=323829.0

I think someone had done a pic/drawing of the current Kop, roof less somewhere a few years back. Wish I could find it, as it would illustrate the point.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 04:36:58 am by The Lord Admiral »

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2020, 09:40:37 am »
Cheers mate, I’ve seen lots of bits over the years just wasn’t sure if it was more an ‘extension’ that could be done rather than a build on the back (like main and Annie). There’s lots of people who think the club are being negligent in not re-routing the road for future proofing and they get quite worked up about it. I’m pretty sure the club have a good eye on what can be done without going down that route.

Not for one moment suggesting this is viable, but saw this video of the proposed Boca stadium rennovation being built over a road. Pretty bonkers. I’m wondering what will happen when a big Eddie Stobart takes a wrong turn and tries to go through it.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/b2Cwn0ZwpdI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/b2Cwn0ZwpdI</a>

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2020, 09:45:06 am »
It's more the fact there are buildings (inc a church) on the other side of the road and it could cause issues with those.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2020, 10:00:58 am »
It's more the fact there are buildings (inc a church) on the other side of the road and it could cause issues with those.

Well that’s part of the problem, people seem to lose any concept that there are living people and functionIng buildings surrounding the stadium. And not all these people want to move. But they think the club can just buy buildings and shift roads like it’s Sim City.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2020, 08:28:57 pm »

Easily perhaps not but yes, lots of broken hearts.

Online lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2020, 09:16:19 pm »
https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/apartments-proposed-opposite-anfield-stadium/

Lad on Skyscrappercity thinks this and a few other future developments might lead to WBR getting diverted.

What's the building to the right, in front of the red kiosks? Looks like a shop of some sort.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2020, 09:17:31 pm »
What's the building to the right, in front of the red kiosks? Looks like a shop of some sort.

Think it’s just an artists impression of what a commercial unit could look like on that space.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2020, 11:29:12 pm »

I think it’s an open air market.

That doesn’t show WBR being diverted. It’s still there with traffic calming.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2020, 10:13:17 pm »
I think it’s an open air market.

That doesn’t show WBR being diverted. It’s still there with traffic calming.

Walton Breck Road is also known as the A5089 a major arterial route linking the North and South of the City. I don't think there will be traffic-calming measures any time soon.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline JimmyRust

• Kemlynite
« Reply #21 on: September 7, 2020, 05:11:27 pm »
Could just do what they done in the old Atleti stadium and build over the road.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #22 on: September 7, 2020, 05:13:30 pm »

There are things on the otherside which would prevent that.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 7, 2020, 05:28:55 pm »
There are things on the otherside which would prevent that.

The new shop and the Albert are also in the way.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #24 on: September 8, 2020, 10:31:48 pm »
Yeah well we should just build over those too!

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #25 on: September 9, 2020, 06:51:23 am »

It's possible, anything is these days. Putting that river in could prove a bit more difficult though!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 9, 2020, 09:30:15 am »
Yeah well we should just build over those too!

Too right, the Yanks did it with a skyscraper over a church. Just make sure we don't fuck up like they did with the Citicorp building on Lexington Ave in NY. That could have fallen down in high winds

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #27 on: September 9, 2020, 07:59:27 pm »
It's possible, anything is these days. Putting that river in could prove a bit more difficult though!

;D ;D.

Imagine the fume on GOT if we did though.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #28 on: September 9, 2020, 08:37:40 pm »
;D ;D.

Imagine the fume on GOT if we did though.

Nah, all 50,000 of them would be able to sail from their houses on County Rd to their new stadium. They’d love it.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: September 9, 2020, 11:19:15 pm »
Too right, the Yanks did it with a skyscraper over a church. Just make sure we don't fuck up like they did with the Citicorp building on Lexington Ave in NY. That could have fallen down in high winds

I worked next door to this building.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2020, 08:08:02 am »
I worked next door to this building.

Before or after they found it it could fall over?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2020, 01:29:03 pm »
Before or after they found it it could fall over?

Newterp gave it a push...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2020, 04:10:18 pm »

Offline AnthonyStabile

• Frankie Carbone... Freddy No Nose... "Naby Keita is a shithouse, pass it on."
  • Main Stander

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 6, 2023, 11:16:53 am »
« Last Edit: April 6, 2023, 11:25:43 am by Peter McGurk »

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 6, 2023, 11:33:16 am »
Could be ok - a lot will depend on the quality. The detail could easily let it down or look tawdry pretty quickly:

Offline Espresso Bar

• Kopite
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2023, 06:08:29 pm »

The land where the hotel was due to go could be used as an indoor street food / box park type of place.

Not just for food but for craft beers etc

There’s a smaller version of this kind of thing on Renshaw Street

Also a place on Duke Street

« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 06:11:38 pm by Espresso Bar »

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2023, 01:00:06 pm »
The land where the hotel was due to go could be used as an indoor street food / box park type of place.

Not just for food but for craft beers etc

There’s a smaller version of this kind of thing on Renshaw Street

Also a place on Duke Street

All the places like that around Manchester are really struggling, the Sale Food Hall is closing for example. Energy prices etc. Have crippled small vender places.

Offline GoldenGloves25

• Kopite
  • You are a reptile, Carmichael!!
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2023, 10:57:04 pm »
All the places like that around Manchester are really struggling, the Sale Food Hall is closing for example. Energy prices etc. Have crippled small vender places.
Crazy considering they all ask for £8 for a steak and kidney pie.
A slave to rhythm and the fickle nature of charm.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2023, 12:13:04 am »
They need to be building/opening businesses and shops for the local community. Not something that'll just be open for Liverpool home games and events at Anfield.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John