The Liverpool FC Forum > Technology and Science

Boosting WiFi signal

(1/25) > >>

owens_2k:
Whatís the best way to boost/repeat a WiFi signal?

Iíve got one of those belkin WiFi boosters but Iíve heard they are rubbish.

My router is upstairs at the front of my house and Iíve had an extension done on the ground floor to the rear of the house which has very weak WiFi signal at the back.

Iíve seen those TPLinks/Home plugs but they seem to be just if you want to connect one device to the network via Ethernet? And it would be on different circuits which affects the performance too Iíve read.

I basically need something that will boost the WiFi signal in the extension but wonít weaken the bandwidth (if this is even possible) so that all my devices in the extension can cannot wirelessly without any problems.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

WhereAngelsPlay:

--- Quote from: owens_2k on March 29, 2019, 09:40:42 pm ---Whatís the best way to boost/repeat a WiFi signal?

Iíve got one of those belkin WiFi boosters but Iíve heard they are rubbish.

My router is upstairs at the front of my house and Iíve had an extension done on the ground floor to the rear of the house which has very weak WiFi signal at the back.

Iíve seen those TPLinks/Home plugs but they seem to be just if you want to connect one device to the network via Ethernet? And it would be on different circuits which affects the performance too Iíve read.

I basically need something that will boost the WiFi signal in the extension but wonít weaken the bandwidth (if this is even possible) so that all my devices in the extension can cannot wirelessly without any problems.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

--- End quote ---

Some home plugs do both.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/5585575

owens_2k:

--- Quote from: WhereAngelsPlay on March 29, 2019, 09:53:16 pm ---Some home plugs do both.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/5585575

--- End quote ---
I didnít think they were an option because they arenít on the same circuit in my house

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

WhereAngelsPlay:

--- Quote from: owens_2k on March 29, 2019, 10:02:36 pm ---I didnít think they were an option because they arenít on the same circuit in my house

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

--- End quote ---

If your upstairs and downstairs isn't on the same circuit then they're not,if it's just the extension then you could put it as close as possible.Just because upstairs and downstairs are using a different breaker/fuse doesn't mean it won't work,ours are and it stills works fine.

JC the Messiah:
It doesn't matter if they're on a different ring. They just need to be on the same supply. Basically on the same meter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version