Author Topic: CyberPunk 2077  (Read 46906 times)

Offline Redmaj

• Anny Roader
  • Butter does not Discriminate.
CyberPunk 2077
« on: August 27, 2018, 10:26:15 pm »
The Hype is real:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euqbMkM-QQk

Looks incredible.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting."

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Re: CyberPunk 2077
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 11:25:44 pm »
Still years away, isn't it?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 01:25:01 am »
See how close that ends up being to what they release. "Everything is still in playtest phase" according to the devs. Was it Witcher 2 where they released something they'd made especially to release something?

Sorry to have kept you waiting for this for so long!

Did you like what you saw? Because for us, the fact that we're finally showing you Cyberpunk 2077 is HUGE. Please go to our forums, Twitter, Facebook, Discord, and do tell what you think. Is the game world how you imagined? Do you see what we meant by 'immersion' when we talked about CP2077 being an FPP RPG? How does our vision of 'cyberpunk by day' make you feel? We really want to know.

Aside from that, we think we owe you a few words of explanation on why we're showing you this gameplay now, some time after industry professionals and media saw it at E3 and Gamescom.

Each time we discussed the idea of showing the game to you (and we discussed this idea a lot), we were ending up in this 'we're not 100% sure' limbo. Why? Because (for most people), when a game dev shows gameplay footage from their game, it means that this is how the game is going to look or play like. It's not the case here. Cyberpunk 2077 is deep in development. We have a lot of design ideas, a lot of mechanics being playtested, but we don't know what we'll end up with at launch. This makes publishing videos like what you just saw risky—we don't want gamers saying 'But in that previous video that gun was shooting  differently', or 'Why did you change the interface?' Change is inherent to game development and there's a ton of things being modified each day. Our fear was (and kind of still is) that you'll think what you just saw is how Cyberpunk 2077 will look like 1:1.

What gave us that extra confidence to show you a work in progress game? Good  initial feedback from people who are accustomed to see games at various stages of development. What they told us (and they told us they really liked what they saw) gave us the boost we needed to show the current version of Cyberpunk 2077 to the most passionate and insightful audience—you.

So...  here's what Cyberpunk 2077 looks like today (or rather looked like when we recorded the video). We sincerely hope you liked it.

Again, thank you for your patience and all the thoughts you shared with us.

Yours,

CD PROJEKT RED

PC gamer

Oof. That's a very familiar sounding tale.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 01:33:56 am »
The compression on that GameSpot video is awful, here's the source vid from CDPR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjF9GgrY9c0
:D

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 03:52:33 pm »
If the released it tomorrow, looking the way it did in that video, i’d buy it.

One thing I hope they keep is the limited HUD.

Offline Redmaj

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 08:34:28 pm »
Still years away, isn't it?

At least a year. Give us all time to save up for a Rig that can play it :)
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting."

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 10:48:04 am »
*shrugs*

Looks like every other First Person Shooter to me.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2018, 12:36:30 pm »
*shrugs*

Controversial.

Although I do wish it was 3rd person.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2018, 02:29:59 pm »
*shrugs*

Its certainly not how it was described by the insiders a while back that got a look at the game. They made out it was a generation ahead visually. Though things can change, I was getting beth vibes.

I do like the look of the game, the mechanics and such. Just visually it doesn't do much, or as much as I expected. The third person view from the car was underwhelming too. First person looked a bit like Deus Ex HR

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2018, 04:15:26 pm »
The detail and overall feel of the city is fantastic from what was shown, it feels alive and bustling. There's nothing like this open world wise apart from maybe the Wither 3, but this is on another level to say Novigrad.

It feels to me like a blend of Yakuza, Deus Ex, GTA and The Witcher 3 with very little compromises. But we'll see.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 04:19:47 pm by Kashinoda »

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2018, 05:55:28 pm »
The detail and overall feel of the city is fantastic from what was shown, it feels alive and bustling. T

and then they show the demo being played with a pad :/ who in their right mind plays a FPS etc with a pad? no one moves like that

*obviously mini rant :D

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 3, 2018, 07:10:54 am »
Its certainly not how it was described by the insiders a while back that got a look at the game. They made out it was a generation ahead visually. Though things can change, I was getting beth vibes.

I do like the look of the game, the mechanics and such. Just visually it doesn't do much, or as much as I expected. The third person view from the car was underwhelming too. First person looked a bit like Deus Ex HR

I thought that it was just me and completely agree.  As Kashinoda says, there's certainly a lot going on in terms of the city feeling alive and bustling, but purely in terms of the visuals such as the textures and lighting, it really doesn't look anything special. As you mention, that's a little suprising given the jizzfest from the gaming press after the closed demo.  My modded-to-fuck Fallout 4 actually looks better than that in terms of pure visuals.   

and then they show the demo being played with a pad :/ who in their right mind plays a FPS etc with a pad? no one moves like that

*obviously mini rant :D

It's an RPG, not an FPS.  CDPR have been pretty clear on that. Personally I play all-out FPS titles with a keyboard/mouse, but much prefer a pad with 'combination games' where there is also exploring, vehicles etc.  Games such as GTAV, Witcher, Fallout 4 et cetera are much better and more natural feeling with a pad in my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 3, 2018, 07:21:25 am by Darren G »

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12 on: September 3, 2018, 02:24:56 pm »
seeing the 47 min demo of this made me a bit excited for it.  It does look really good, and hopefully they'll manage to maintain the hype from this to when they have a fully releasable game come next year or whenever it's released.

it's apparently doesn't have any loading screens (aka God of War) so that'll be interesting to see for a game such as this and in the setting that it's in.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: September 4, 2018, 12:52:42 am »
In terms of geometric detail, there isn't anything else out there I've seen that touches it. Even the minor detail models are very high res. Something you only see in offline renders. For an open world game, the visuals are top tier. I can see why the press gushed over it.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 4, 2018, 04:37:57 am »
In terms of geometric detail, there isn't anything else out there I've seen that touches it. Even the minor detail models are very high res. Something you only see in offline renders. For an open world game, the visuals are top tier. I can see why the press gushed over it.

Nah, there are plenty of muddy textures, surfaces that need tessellation, low-res shadows and a couple of late LOD changes and such in that video.  I realise with so much going on that the thing still has to be able to run on current gen hardware, so with such a 'busy' environment sacrifices have to be made as a result. The game looks good visually, but in terms of pure visual eye-candy though I think that the environments in the new Metro game (as an example) look better/more realistic.  I'm a massive fan of CDPR, am really looking forward to 2077 and believe that it will be another genre defining game.  I just don't see anything ground-breaking in the visuals alone at this point though.  It'll probably be downgraded by release anyway.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 4, 2018, 09:21:01 am by Darren G »

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15 on: September 4, 2018, 07:05:23 am »
Nah, there are plenty of muddy textures, surfaces that need tessellation and a couple of late LOD changes and the like in that video.  I realise with so much going on that the thing still has to be able to run on current gen hardware, so with such a 'busy' environment sacrifices have to be made as a result. The game looks good visually, but in terms of pure visual eye-candy though I think that the environments in the new Metro game (as an example) look better/more realistic.  I'm a massive fan of CDPR, am really looking forward to 2077 and believe that it will be another genre defining game.  I just don't see anything ground-breaking in the visuals alone at this point though.  It'll probably be downgraded by release anyway.  ;)

deffo, only way they'll get the peasant versions to run

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16 on: September 4, 2018, 12:43:59 pm »
the first person view was CDPR trying to make the game more immersive, I don't think it would work as a 3rd person view for this one, despite preferring that style myself.

its early days but it looks the bomb, though probably at least 1 if not 2 years away from release, most likely in line with the next gen of consoles.

- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 4, 2018, 02:00:26 pm »
the first person view was CDPR trying to make the game more immersive, I don't think it would work as a 3rd person view for this one, despite preferring that style myself.

its early days but it looks the bomb, though probably at least 1 if not 2 years away from release, most likely in line with the next gen of consoles.

It's for current gen, CDPR have already said that.  They have also said that it's "finished" in the sense that it can be played through from start to finish at this point in time.  There's still content to be worked on apparently such as side quests and the like, but I very much doubt that it's still two years away.  I think 9-12 months the most likely window.
« Last Edit: September 4, 2018, 02:02:27 pm by Darren G »

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 5, 2018, 02:09:37 am »
Nah, there are plenty of muddy textures, surfaces that need tessellation, low-res shadows and a couple of late LOD changes and such in that video.  I realise with so much going on that the thing still has to be able to run on current gen hardware, so with such a 'busy' environment sacrifices have to be made as a result. The game looks good visually, but in terms of pure visual eye-candy though I think that the environments in the new Metro game (as an example) look better/more realistic.  I'm a massive fan of CDPR, am really looking forward to 2077 and believe that it will be another genre defining game.  I just don't see anything ground-breaking in the visuals alone at this point though.  It'll probably be downgraded by release anyway.  ;)
It's nothing to do with muddy textures. You'll get those in every single game regardless, especially in an open world game, and especially in one that's still being worked on in development. I don't think it's being touted as being "ground breaking" either. It's the geometry that's impressive. The amount of detail on what it's pushing around. Well, if you've ever modelled an asset before anyway, you'd know what I mean. Literally everything, the small details, models within a model called 'elements' or 'subtools' depending on what software you're using, that make up the overall model, are all very high res. Usually minor details like that are blocky close up, or are represented via a normal map or texture, usually because of optimisation to get the game running better. Less triangles = better performance. Not in this game, and that extends to the environments too. It might well end up coming out and looking like that on current gen hardware, but my bet is that the LOD's will have changed dramatically to get it running good enough. Higher end PC's will have no problems.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2018, 02:11:57 am by Macphisto80 »

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 5, 2018, 10:23:53 am »
It's nothing to do with muddy textures. You'll get those in every single game regardless, especially in an open world game, and especially in one that's still being worked on in development. I don't think it's being touted as being "ground breaking" either. It's the geometry that's impressive. The amount of detail on what it's pushing around. Well, if you've ever modelled an asset before anyway, you'd know what I mean. Literally everything, the small details, models within a model called 'elements' or 'subtools' depending on what software you're using, that make up the overall model, are all very high res. Usually minor details like that are blocky close up, or are represented via a normal map or texture, usually because of optimisation to get the game running better. Less triangles = better performance. Not in this game, and that extends to the environments too. It might well end up coming out and looking like that on current gen hardware, but my bet is that the LOD's will have changed dramatically to get it running good enough. Higher end PC's will have no problems.

Pretty condescending stuff mate.

Many of the models are clearly not high res. They aren't very detailed and are very blurry in places even at the 4K shown in the video. The shadow maps are jagged and low resolution in places too.   Yes, the geometric detail is impressive at times, but it's all a bit uneven and it's certainly not all high res models as you are suggesting.  Not by a long shot.  There's a point for example where the character exits the car with the Mr. T looking guy where the whole scene looks pretty crap.  The garbage bags on the side of the road are so blurry and lacking detail that they look like rocks, there is very little texture detail on the road surface or the clothes of the surrounding npcs and a brick wall to the right that looks like the bricks were painted on.  It's not LOD switching that will be sacrificed either to optimize the game as that's already prevalent in places (though it looks massively improved from The Witcher 3's LOD switching from a few yards away on buildings). 

In terms of the groundbreaking bit, the gaming journalists were going on about the visuals like the game was on another level to anything seen before, with "I can't believe it's on current hardware" and "it looks like next gen" type bollocks.  It doesn't.  It's a nice looking game with a density that has not been seen before.  Personally though, from a purely graphics related perspective, I think that some of the modded-up GTA 5's look better and that's a game from three years ago. 
« Last Edit: September 5, 2018, 10:34:07 am by Darren G »

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #20 on: September 5, 2018, 01:36:33 pm »
Note that under the Cyberpunk video it states:

Disclaimer: this video was recorded in 1080p and upscaled to 4k to utilise Youtube’s higher bitrate for 4k videos.

I still think they have some work to do graphically, but it's certainly looking good and there's a crazy amount of attention to detail.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 5, 2018, 05:18:38 pm »
Pretty condescending stuff mate.

Many of the models are clearly not high res. They aren't very detailed and are very blurry in places even at the 4K shown in the video. The shadow maps are jagged and low resolution in places too.   Yes, the geometric detail is impressive at times, but it's all a bit uneven and it's certainly not all high res models as you are suggesting.  Not by a long shot. 
Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound that way, but when you make statements like the bolded bit, there's no other way to put it.

I'm not sure if it's the art style, or the low bitrate Youtube video that's not doing the game justice, but it's obvious even before the game was publicly shown in screenshots just how detailed and high res the assets were going to be in this game.

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_cyberpunk_2077-38565-2618_0022.jpg

Look specifically at his hand and the mechanism on his fingers zoomed in. Look at the small mechanical hinges on his knuckles. They're modelled right down to the little screws and rotation pins that hold them in place. It doesn't matter the size. Hard modelled surfaces that have perfect round surfaces like that are always dense meshes. That's an insane amount of detail to model for any game character, nevermind one for an open world game. That's what I mean about the models having models on models. It might look inconsequential overall, but that's very high end stuff. In terms of talking about 'next gen', I think people are going to be a bit disappointed with how things will look initially for it, because you can only do so much before it all starts to look familiar.

https://www.gry-online.pl/galeria/galeria_duze3/321155406.jpg

Here's another good one of the weapons. Even the screws holding the cladding of the gun are modelled. I can't pick out a single edge where there should be one.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2018, 05:22:55 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 6, 2018, 10:49:00 am »
Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound that way, but when you make statements like the bolded bit, there's no other way to put it.

I'm not sure if it's the art style, or the low bitrate Youtube video that's not doing the game justice, but it's obvious even before the game was publicly shown in screenshots just how detailed and high res the assets were going to be in this game.

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_cyberpunk_2077-38565-2618_0022.jpg

Look specifically at his hand and the mechanism on his fingers zoomed in. Look at the small mechanical hinges on his knuckles. They're modelled right down to the little screws and rotation pins that hold them in place. It doesn't matter the size. Hard modelled surfaces that have perfect round surfaces like that are always dense meshes. That's an insane amount of detail to model for any game character, nevermind one for an open world game. That's what I mean about the models having models on models. It might look inconsequential overall, but that's very high end stuff. In terms of talking about 'next gen', I think people are going to be a bit disappointed with how things will look initially for it, because you can only do so much before it all starts to look familiar.

https://www.gry-online.pl/galeria/galeria_duze3/321155406.jpg

Here's another good one of the weapons. Even the screws holding the cladding of the gun are modelled. I can't pick out a single edge where there should be one.

I'm not arguing that it looks very detailed in places.  It just looks 'meh' in a lot of others though,  which is why I specifically stated that it's 'uneven' looking in my opinion.  The Witcher 3 was the same in that sense.  Not that I'm claiming that it is on par with Cyberpunk, just that it (TW3) had the same pattern of some things looking fantastic and others having rather poor/lacking textures, lack of tessellation,' blocky' models etc.

The first screenshot looks fantastic, but as for the gun..and I'm nitpicking here I, but I can see one or two edges that shouldn't be there and I personally think that I've seen better modelled/textured mods in Fallout 4: 

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1151/images/10099-1-1463295254.jpg

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1151/images/10099-0-1455935355.jpg

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1151/images/10099-2-1463295254.jpg

At the end of the day, we can debate models,  subtools and polygon count; texture quality and resolution until we're blue in the face (and yes, I've used 3DS Max for any future conversations ;)) but none of it changes the end result that - in my opinion -  the game doesn't look particularly impressive from a purely 'visuals' standpoint.  That doesn't mean that I don't think that it looks good in terms of graphics and I love CDPR's work, so I'm still hyped as fuck for it.  After all of the 'looks next gen' bollocks from the gaming press I was expecting more though on that front.
« Last Edit: September 6, 2018, 02:28:45 pm by Darren G »

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 6, 2018, 05:40:16 pm »
  See, those images you posted are exactly what I'm saying. It's just gotten to the point where where it becomes almost impossible for something to look better if we were to just go off of something like a model for a single asset from game to game. The focus then has to turn to "Does the detail in everything else match up" within each game? In a game like Fallout, I think you'd agree that it mostly doesn't.

If we're to go by debating if it's "next gen" looking or not, then you have to ask yourself what do you expect next generation to look like. I personally think we entered an era of diminishing returns in terms of impact in the overall look of things at the beginning of the current generation, which to me wasn't a massive leap over the previous one. There's only so much work an artist can do to something before we get to the point that only the minutia of detail can improve it. I mean, developers now have technology and rendering engines in games that can use photogrammetry techniques to scan a real life object and have it presented in the game exactly as it looks in real life. Photo-real. The obvious caveat is the lighting solutions, surface materials and overall IQ. Without a true ray tracing solution (RTX is trying to remedy this, but it's still nowhere near as accurate as a proper offline ray-trace engine) then we're not going to get that impact again when jumping from generation to generation. The only thing we can expect is more detail. More interaction with the worlds, and more dynamic systems with physics and animations. Aesthetically, from a rendering point of view, John Carmack  said the only way real time engines can make another big stride forward is through shader materials. Artists already have all the tools they need to produce things to the extremes of their ability. It's just a question of budget, both financially and development wise. It's also a question of effort. There's no magic button to press that can magically make everything look on par.

So, when next generation comes about, what do we expect we're going to be seeing when we've got games now that are pushing the threshold? Something like Ghost of Tsushima already looks like it could be a so called next generation game. Not because it looks amazing artistically - which it does -  but because of how dynamic everything is with the wind blowing, affecting everything with it. The world stops being static and comes to life when that happens, and that to me has a bigger impact visually than higher res textures.
« Last Edit: September 6, 2018, 05:46:46 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: September 7, 2018, 12:04:55 pm »
  See, those images you posted are exactly what I'm saying. It's just gotten to the point where where it becomes almost impossible for something to look better if we were to just go off of something like a model for a single asset from game to game. The focus then has to turn to "Does the detail in everything else match up" within each game? In a game like Fallout, I think you'd agree that it mostly doesn't.

If we're to go by debating if it's "next gen" looking or not, then you have to ask yourself what do you expect next generation to look like. I personally think we entered an era of diminishing returns in terms of impact in the overall look of things at the beginning of the current generation, which to me wasn't a massive leap over the previous one. There's only so much work an artist can do to something before we get to the point that only the minutia of detail can improve it. I mean, developers now have technology and rendering engines in games that can use photogrammetry techniques to scan a real life object and have it presented in the game exactly as it looks in real life. Photo-real. The obvious caveat is the lighting solutions, surface materials and overall IQ. Without a true ray tracing solution (RTX is trying to remedy this, but it's still nowhere near as accurate as a proper offline ray-trace engine) then we're not going to get that impact again when jumping from generation to generation. The only thing we can expect is more detail. More interaction with the worlds, and more dynamic systems with physics and animations. Aesthetically, from a rendering point of view, John Carmack  said the only way real time engines can make another big stride forward is through shader materials. Artists already have all the tools they need to produce things to the extremes of their ability. It's just a question of budget, both financially and development wise. It's also a question of effort. There's no magic button to press that can magically make everything look on par.

So, when next generation comes about, what do we expect we're going to be seeing when we've got games now that are pushing the threshold? Something like Ghost of Tsushima already looks like it could be a so called next generation game. Not because it looks amazing artistically - which it does -  but because of how dynamic everything is with the wind blowing, affecting everything with it. The world stops being static and comes to life when that happens, and that to me has a bigger impact visually than higher res textures.

I read all your post.  I'm starting with that as this is going to seem like a somewhat flippant answer and you've obviously put a lot of thought into that, so I genuinely don't want to seem glib, but...

Regardless of technical leaps, engine limitations or anything else that you have mentioned, overall Cyberpunk just doesn't look  - as a representation of real life or 'the real world' if you will (albeit in a fictitious environment) - any better than modded games from three years ago and looks far inferior in that sense to, for example, the upcoming metro game.   Cyberpunk just doesn't look that great visually to me relative to some other titles out there.  Given the praise that it received for it's visuals and given the other current benchmarks in gaming visuals I expected more.  It just doesn't overly impress me in that aspect and no amount of micro-analysis of the individaul components that make up the graphics,  whether it be shaders, models or anything else is going to change my opinion, because regardless of any of any technical debate it doesn't look as good to me as other titles .   If you feel that it looks fantastic visually, then all good.  I don't though mate.   
« Last Edit: September 7, 2018, 12:11:17 pm by Darren G »

Offline Redmaj

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25 on: September 7, 2018, 10:38:50 pm »
Jesus what have I started, everyone chill out. Its gonna be great !

My thoughts. I remember watching the 40 min Witcher 3 gameplay demo and thought holy fuck THAT looks amazeballs, truly epic. Witcher 3 was released and it was and is amazing/ great writing, graphics and true labour of love from the developers: actually exceeded my expectations BY a long way. I recently started a NG+ after 3 years and the inventory movement/tweaks are just great, kudos to cdPRED for that.

Games are big money makers, shitty or average yearly franchises can make ££££ and its the way of the games industry and indeed our neoliberal way of life; profit is king and fuck the quality. I trust CDPRED to release a GREAT game. Might be fucking epic/next level shit and I expect a release late 2019.

Or an unflushable turd like duke nukem forever :) 

Offline Redmaj

• Anny Roader
« Reply #26 on: June 9, 2019, 10:16:18 pm »
New trailer from E3 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIcTM8WXFjk

And release DATE is 16.4.2020

The New PC fund starts NOW.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: June 9, 2019, 10:28:47 pm »
Looks like a good game, genuinely not my cup of tea to be honest

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #28 on: June 9, 2019, 11:10:27 pm »
Is it just Witcher 3 in the future? If so, count me in!
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: June 9, 2019, 11:40:46 pm »
Not really from what I've seen, it's an FPS, the world itself looks beautiful, I'm just not down with the setting, that's not a sleight on it at all, just not my thing personally

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2019, 02:14:52 am »
sweet mother of mercy i've just seen the collectors edition, $430 AUD, think that's like 220 pounds?
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2019, 03:38:28 am »
Getting a real "kicked Bioshock Infinite through Shadowrun" vibe to it. Hope they start expanding a bit on how it works as an RPG.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2019, 09:37:09 am »
This is looking fucking sick. The hype is very real now.

Same people but it's an FPS RPG so think Fallout where stats and ability points and skill trees exist but with hopefully tier 1 story telling

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2019, 07:42:43 pm »

Same people but it's an FPS RPG so think Fallout where stats and ability points and skill trees exist but with hopefully tier 1 story telling

The love child of Witcher 3 and Fallout? Count me in.

This and FF7, what a day!
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2019, 11:47:08 pm »
The hype is too much already. Everything I’ve seen and read looks incredible, not denying that. But pre-ordering a game a year in advance? That’s a bit much.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2019, 08:35:01 pm »
sweet mother of mercy i've just seen the collectors edition, $430 AUD, think that's like 220 pounds?

Closer to £235-£240.  Does it include a 1:1 scale Night City model or something?

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2019, 01:18:07 am »
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2019, 03:40:26 am »
So are we guessing they’ve taken out the character customisation since the cover art and new trailer both feature the same character?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2019, 06:11:25 am »
So are we guessing they’ve taken out the character customisation since the cover art and new trailer both feature the same character?

Would bet that they're doing similar to Mass Effect where there's a 'canon'/default Shephard but you can customise and end up just keeping the set male or female voice.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 06:14:11 am by Zeb »

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2019, 09:45:27 am »

I see.  230 quid.  Well, then I'm torn between getting this and flushing my money down the toilet.  Both seem to have equal merit.

Journos have had a look at a new behind closed doors demo.  here's IGN's info on it:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kld8VBugIeI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kld8VBugIeI</a>
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 09:54:44 am by Darren G »