Author Topic: Chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker, Wolves slayer  (Read 663190 times)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Big, quick, strong, good movement, nice touch, works hard and only 20 years old. The future is bright for young Divok. Good to see him being intelligent enough to time his runs as well. Christian Benteke could learn a thing or two from him.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
Big, quick, strong, good movement, nice touch, works hard and only 20 years old. The future is bright for young Divok. Good to see him being intelligent enough to time his runs as well. Christian Benteke could learn a thing or two from him.

Before Clyne's shot outside the box, how on earth did he manage to get hold of the ball on the left side among 2 or 3 Dortmund players? Very impressive.

All the things you mentioned are there and there is a lot of work ahead of him. Now if he manages to get better at the most important one, finishing, he will be really good.

Nice of him to say that "people forget I'm 20".

PS: Must have been the beer cause only today I realised his shot that gave us the lead was deflected. :)
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Heard him interviewed last night and thought how impressive his English was. Didn't realise his Dad was a Kenyan footballer who played in Belgium and he grew up speaking English. Must have missed all that when we signed him!

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Thought he did really well last night. Big balls performance from the lad and worked hard throughout, some really nice movement from him. Very promising.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I'd love to see Divock & Daniel. Origi could open up great spaces for Sturridge.
I agree, but how often have Klopp played with two forwards? We finished the game with a 4-4-2 (Firmino was as advanced as Sturridge, and Milner moved to the right), and Origi and Sturridge destroyed Southampton a few months ago, but I can't think of many other games when he's played two stirkers from the start, and if I'm not mistaken he hardly ever did with Dortmund either.

Personally, I think the squad is best matched to a diamond right now, and it is my prefered chioce going forward, but I don't think it will happen much at all. Klopp's main set up seems to be 4-2-3-1, or a 4-3-3 like yesterday when he wants to play more compact.

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
He was excellent with all the basic forward play you want from a forward, the pressing, hold up play, desire to occupy their defence was really great and his goal was reward in itself for that.

When he learns to put away that chance he had later on, thats when we'll really have a player on our hands though.

He's got plenty of time to improve in that respect.

Oh indeed. Best part was I thought it was the most 'efficient' option in that position - the chip. The execution was a little off but it will come.

He's got a bit of a dribble on him too, fantastic. He's going to become a beast.
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
He turned a load of "almost" lost cause long balls into possession last night, brilliant display from the young fella. Real defending from the front.
We are Liverpool!

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Listening to him in interviews, he seems a very calm and laid back individual.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
Next Samuel Eto'o. 8)
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
This kid has a very bright future.

Its rare for a player to play the role he did last night,as Sol G pointed out with the abilities after holding the ball,to turn & not only face your marker/defender..the ability then to take it past him.

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
Listening to him in interviews, he seems a very calm and laid back individual.

He seems pretty intelligent too which can only help in his development.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
If he could improve on his finishing a bit and gets a bit quicker and stronger as he grows older he reminds me a bit of Torres. Obviously not on the same level and it'll take a lot of improving to get even near his level but he does remind me of him a bit.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
Can see the confidence this newly found strength has given him. He seems to relish the physical side now. Stark contrast from just the start of this season.

One moment where he kept the ball in their corner with three Dortmud players around but wiggled past every one of them and found a pass. He's the only one capable of doing that for us currently.

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
Next Samuel Eto'o. 8)
It's more like this- if he learns to finish with accuracy, he's our version of Harry Kane.

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
It's more like this- if he learns to finish with accuracy, he's our version of Harry Kane.
he plays nothing like Kane.
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
he plays nothing like Kane.
Yeah, that's what I mean. Our version of Kane doesn't play nothing like the original Kane.

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
Got all the tools to be a fantastic striker, probably got the best manager to help with that as well.
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
he has finishing ability, but he certainly has not been prolific as yet in his career

so is it likely that he will become prolific?  possible, but it would be madness to count upon it.....he is going to contribute, and with sturridge, ings (probably) and firmino we have a bunch of strikers who will give you goals, workrate and options - together and individually

origi at 20, has provided enough promise to suggest that he will trouble defences with his pace and power, and with his direct running...getting the best output is klopp's challenge and in some ways I can see origi being one of the key elements to and indicators of klopp's success here
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
Will he be used on the right at all? Be nice to get him and Sturridge in the same team.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
He's another one that fights. Its great. With more match fitness, he'll get better no doubt, with the quality around him. Deserves the plaudits, but would like to see more of him to be honest.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
This lad has the potential to be a great player. Whenever I watch him, he is always a handful for the opposition defense. If he can add better finishing and thus, more goals to his game, he will be a leading premier league striker in a few years. He is just turning 21 in a few weeks, he has so much more time to develop. I'm excited to see what the future has in store for this lad.

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
Will he be used on the right at all? Be nice to get him and Sturridge in the same team.
Was just about to post that.

I don't think it will be his long-term position but could he be used like that if we has Sturiddge up top or purchase a top, top quality forward in the summer?? Why not use Origi off the right whilst he is learning his trade, many top quality forwards started thier careers this way.... look at Aubameyang for example, or Henry if you want an example closer to home but not so recent.

So I dunno it could be an option.

Offline Fredo C

• Anny Roader
It's exciting to have a prospect like him at our club, especially with Klopp here too. You just know he'll give Divock every chance to develop himself to reach his full potential.

Sent from my Nokia 5410 using snake 2

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
Seems like the speed of the game is slowing down for him now that he is more familiar with his teammates. His anticipation for the goal and missed chance was excellent. His also timing and positioning have improved a lot under Klopp. He rarely overplays or plays his teammates into trouble. Just seems to know exactly what he needs to do in any given situation, even if he isn't successful in it. I can't say I've seen too many 20 year-olds who know their function within a team and can perform it to a high degree, especially against seasoned pros in European knockout-competitions. That impresses me.     

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, that's what I mean. Our version of Kane doesn't play nothing like the original Kane.
So he's also our version of Bobby Zamora?

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
Did he travel recently with belgium?  If so, did he play and did he do alright?
dios esta buena

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
Did he travel recently with belgium?  If so, did he play and did he do alright?
He travelled but pulled out with a minor niggle from the squad

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
He travelled but pulled out with a minor niggle from the squad

Lukaku looks to be preferred at the moment, but can see getting some time at the euros if he carries on like this.
dios esta buena

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
Origi`s boss.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
Was last night his breakthrough? Might well have been. So mature, so fast, so strong, such good technique. He was a huge ball magnet yesterday, and always provided an outlet for us to get out and get out of pressure. Nice goal too. :)

Nah, it was Southampton really. Maybe last night was the night that the casual/non-LFC fan took note of him, but he was a different player after the hattrick. At the start of the season he did not look like he knew what the hell he was doing at all. (Although, thinking back, there's a good chance there's a bit of Rodgers not knowing what to do with a player he wasn't sure about.)

Offline cookie8

• Exchange Ban
  • Main Stander
He's got all the attributes to be a top player.  I'm confident Klopp will get the best out of him.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
Judging by the history of this place, he's the next Patrick Kluivert by the end of this season.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
He's the black Pele

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Looks good, he really does. Without going overboard I'm really excited to see him develop.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
he loves us yeah yeah yeah, with a kiss like that you know we should be gladdd,
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
To be honest I think he is a lot better than we seen on Thursday

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
  • Alleged Manc and/or Gooner
Thought he was a bit of a nothing player the first few times I watched him for Liverpool.

Shows what I know  ;D

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What a vote of confidence for him to be given the nod in such a huge game, must have done him the world of good. So much potential with him and he does suit our game well.

Makes you wonder just how impressive he must have been in training.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
The strength he's developed under Klopp has really helped him turn it around. Great from Klopp who I'm sure told him he needed to bulk up and be more physical, easily could have ended up another Aspas tossed aside and blamed on the committee.

He's got all the traits needed, I'm not sure if he's the deadly finisher that a Torres or Sturridge can be, but that can still come in time
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
What a great move from the manager to start him. He is quick, physical and incisive. I love how good he is at drawing one then two defenders out wide and just when you think he is about to get tackled he turns them both and uses his pace to leave them behind. He likes to drift out wide a lot and creates space in the middle, this should allow for Coutinho to have more chance in front of goal.
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018