The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

Roberto Firmino

<< < (2798/2850) > >>

royhendo:
So… is there a drop back into midfield in the offing for him?

Al 666:

--- Quote from: royhendo on February  6, 2022, 09:38:15 pm ---So… is there a drop back into midfield in the offing for him?

--- End quote ---

He takes too many chances on the ball to play in midfield for me. Today was a good example when he turned over possession for their goal. He has been a brilliant servant and absolutely pivotal to the way we used to play. He added masses of creativity to what was a brilliant but pretty functional team.

I can see his importance diminishing as we evolve. We now have a lot more creativity throughout the team. I think there has been a sea change in our recruitment and evolution. We have gone from being pretty functional to having the likes of Trent, Elliott, Thiago, Diaz and potentially Carvalho as genuine creative players.

mrantarctica:

--- Quote from: Al 666 on February  6, 2022, 10:20:49 pm ---He takes too many chances on the ball to play in midfield for me. Today was a good example when he turned over possession for their goal. He has been a brilliant servant and absolutely pivotal to the way we used to play. He added masses of creativity to what was a brilliant but pretty functional team.

I can see his importance diminishing as we evolve. We now have a lot more creativity throughout the team. I think there has been a sea change in our recruitment and evolution. We have gone from being pretty functional to having the likes of Trent, Elliott, Thiago, Diaz and potentially Carvalho as genuine creative players.

--- End quote ---

Also that he's just a bit older, a bit less at it physically and doesn't have quite enough other tools in the locker to evolve/adapt his game. Injuries here and there probably haven't helped either. Still a top player but can't help but feel that perhaps the next season or two he might be looking elsewhere a bit. Form-wise, I'm not sure he'd even be starting for us. Not having the major impact on our fortunes that he perhaps did 1-2 seasons ago.

El Lobo:

--- Quote from: royhendo on February  6, 2022, 09:38:15 pm ---So… is there a drop back into midfield in the offing for him?

--- End quote ---

Could be a great shout as a number 8, surprised no-ones suggested it before

Morgana:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version