Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2010317 times)

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #13960 on: January 20, 2022, 09:34:20 pm »
He's got the football brain the size of a planet. And not one of the smaller ones.
Everything he does is designed to get a team mate or the ball into a better space.

In the years to come we'll have conversations in the pub that will start 'Remember Bobby?' and we're just going to smile and laugh and remember the brilliance.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #13961 on: January 20, 2022, 09:41:07 pm »
Excellent tonight.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13962 on: January 20, 2022, 09:44:02 pm »
Brilliant flick to start it off. Most players don't have the bollocks to even try it let alone pull it off.

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #13963 on: January 20, 2022, 09:56:20 pm »
He's back on fireeeee

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #13964 on: January 20, 2022, 10:02:23 pm »
I can't think of him without smiling with joy, or bursting out into laughter as I remember moments of awesomeness
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #13965 on: January 21, 2022, 02:14:54 am »
Brilliant flick to start it off. Most players don't have the bollocks to even try it let alone pull it off.

When he's on blob mate he's on blob and there's nothing better.  Infact I reckon when George Harrison wrote Something he had Bobby in mind .

Something in the way he moves me
' Cos he passes like no other
Something in the way he grooves me

Ya ' asking me will my love grow ...    well of course it's Bobby Firmino .... 

Ah . Shit .  He's already git a song I think   ;)

I fuckin love him . He's boss.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 02:29:55 am by kesey »
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline zadoktBeast

• Main Stander
« Reply #13966 on: January 21, 2022, 11:05:26 am »
He's a very underrated, magical player that's a joy to watch.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13967 on: January 21, 2022, 11:48:55 am »
that flick before Jota's first goal... sexual.
YNWA.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #13968 on: January 21, 2022, 03:48:09 pm »

What does Luke Shaw have to do with this?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13969 on: January 21, 2022, 11:36:51 pm »
The flick for the goal was incredible.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #13970 on: January 22, 2022, 01:02:37 am »
The flick for the goal was incredible.

It wasn't incredible.

It was Bobby... ;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline zadoktBeast

• Main Stander
« Reply #13971 on: January 22, 2022, 04:43:29 pm »
What does Luke Shaw have to do with this?

:D Haha

Tis true that it's Bobby who conjures up the magic: he serves it up for others to tuck in lol.
Like Carmen Miranda, not once did i see her scoff anything from off her hat. Bobby's like that, he's not greedy he lets everyone else fill their boots off his bounty
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 04:46:09 pm by zadoktBeast »

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #13972 on: January 23, 2022, 10:28:07 am »
some of the touches and flicks against Arsenal were a joy to watch, his link up play is just exceptional, he must be a dream for the other forwards to play with.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #13973 on: January 23, 2022, 10:37:03 am »

The players around him are alive to his unique style of play so when he bamboozles the opposition with his brilliance they aniticipate and invariably cash in.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline zadoktBeast

• Main Stander
« Reply #13974 on: January 24, 2022, 12:44:49 pm »
Bobby looked fairly knackered in the 2nd half yesterday, understandable though as he's put in a big shift in the last couple weeks after just coming back from injury.

Now he can have a mini-holiday and hopefully come back ready and fresh!

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #13975 on: January 24, 2022, 12:47:22 pm »
Bobby looked fairly knackered in the 2nd half yesterday, understandable though as he's put in a big shift in the last couple weeks after just coming back from injury.

Now he can have a mini-holiday and hopefully come back ready and fresh!

Heh heh I don't know who that fella is but he's the perfect Bobby avatar. Loving the no-look diving board technique :D
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13976 on: January 24, 2022, 01:18:15 pm »
Isn't he that guy from Stoppit and Tidy-up?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #13977 on: January 24, 2022, 01:38:54 pm »
Ha! I'll take your word for it. Whilst aware of it being on, I never actually got round to watching that. My loss, I'm sure :)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13978 on: January 24, 2022, 06:35:39 pm »
Ha! I'll take your word for it. Whilst aware of it being on, I never actually got round to watching that. My loss, I'm sure :)

Great show, a bit like Firmino, vastly underrated.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline zadoktBeast

• Main Stander
« Reply #13979 on: January 24, 2022, 07:50:04 pm »

Yep it's Clean-your-teeth from Stoppit and Tidy-up! I agree it was a vastly underrated show narrated by the late great Terry Wogan

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13980 on: February 6, 2022, 09:38:15 pm »
So… is there a drop back into midfield in the offing for him?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #13981 on: February 6, 2022, 10:20:49 pm »

He takes too many chances on the ball to play in midfield for me. Today was a good example when he turned over possession for their goal. He has been a brilliant servant and absolutely pivotal to the way we used to play. He added masses of creativity to what was a brilliant but pretty functional team.

I can see his importance diminishing as we evolve. We now have a lot more creativity throughout the team. I think there has been a sea change in our recruitment and evolution. We have gone from being pretty functional to having the likes of Trent, Elliott, Thiago, Diaz and potentially Carvalho as genuine creative players.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13982 on: February 6, 2022, 10:27:23 pm »
He takes too many chances on the ball to play in midfield for me. Today was a good example when he turned over possession for their goal. He has been a brilliant servant and absolutely pivotal to the way we used to play. He added masses of creativity to what was a brilliant but pretty functional team.

I can see his importance diminishing as we evolve. We now have a lot more creativity throughout the team. I think there has been a sea change in our recruitment and evolution. We have gone from being pretty functional to having the likes of Trent, Elliott, Thiago, Diaz and potentially Carvalho as genuine creative players.

Also that he's just a bit older, a bit less at it physically and doesn't have quite enough other tools in the locker to evolve/adapt his game. Injuries here and there probably haven't helped either. Still a top player but can't help but feel that perhaps the next season or two he might be looking elsewhere a bit. Form-wise, I'm not sure he'd even be starting for us. Not having the major impact on our fortunes that he perhaps did 1-2 seasons ago.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #13983 on: February 6, 2022, 10:30:34 pm »

Could be a great shout as a number 8, surprised no-ones suggested it before
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #13984 on: February 6, 2022, 10:44:51 pm »

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #13985 on: February 6, 2022, 11:13:42 pm »
Also that he's just a bit older, a bit less at it physically and doesn't have quite enough other tools in the locker to evolve/adapt his game. Injuries here and there probably haven't helped either. Still a top player but can't help but feel that perhaps the next season or two he might be looking elsewhere a bit. Form-wise, I'm not sure he'd even be starting for us. Not having the major impact on our fortunes that he perhaps did 1-2 seasons ago.

I think four or five years ago when we played a 2-1 midfield then he could have played the Lallana role with ease. When we played that midfield though, we played a lopsided defence with one attacking full back and one conservative full back.

Now we push both full backs on and play a much flatter three in midfield. We generally play with a traditional 6 and two pretty conservative wider 8's whose role involves dropping in for the full backs when they push on. That really doesn't suit Bobby's skillset.

Ironically the biggest reason he wouldn't work as an 8 for me is that he wouldn't have a peak Bobby ahead of him helping him out.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #13986 on: February 7, 2022, 08:30:33 am »
I think he's far too casual on the ball to drop deeper, yesterday he surrendered possession cheaply which gave Cardiff their goal and in our previous game against Palace he did exactly the same and Palace should have scored from it.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #13987 on: February 7, 2022, 04:03:30 pm »
He’s my favourite player of the Klopp era.

So despite the ‘eye test’ suggesting a drop off in form over the past 12 months, I’m hopeful he can regain his former zest. He’s only 30, and despite different players ‘ageing’ at differing times depending on so many variables, I think he’s too good to write off just yet.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline theredyank

• Main Stander
« Reply #13988 on: February 7, 2022, 08:18:49 pm »

I love this. Captures his personality I think. It really seems like he's best mates with both of them, and why wouldn't he? Dream partner, selfless, creative, and makes everyone around him look better.

And I'm sure him and Klopp was like a dad and his son watching both his other sons/brothers play each other. Gutted and chuffed at the same time.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #13989 on: February 7, 2022, 09:42:16 pm »

That is so perfectly Bobby.

Such a great, selfless, joyful, madcap hero of a player

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #13990 on: February 8, 2022, 02:09:18 am »

I love this. Captures his personality I think. It really seems like he's best mates with both of them, and why wouldn't he? Dream partner, selfless, creative, and makes everyone around him look better.

And I'm sure him and Klopp was like a dad and his son watching both his other sons/brothers play each other. Gutted and chuffed at the same time.
Yeah, he's phenomenal.  I was just thinking how lucky we are to have a front line of warriors who are also incredibly kind people. And a top top manager who genuinely feels like a dad. We are so lucky.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #13991 on: February 8, 2022, 03:15:54 am »
He can stay at the club for as long as he likes, as far as i'm concerned.

Let him decide when he wants to leave/retire with us.

Love our Bobby. He's fucking boss.

"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13992 on: February 8, 2022, 07:59:59 am »

And not to forget, he won the Copa America, starring for Brazil as well!

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13993 on: February 8, 2022, 08:07:48 am »
Was surprised at all the positive reactions to him dropping into midfield - he gave the ball away for the goal!

Offline Salty Dog

• Sworn enemy of Sugary Cat.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.
« Reply #13994 on: February 8, 2022, 02:31:49 pm »
Was surprised at all the positive reactions to him dropping into midfield - he gave the ball away for the goal!

He only dropped back into midfield for about 10 minutes, until Milner came on, at which point he moved back up to his usual #9 role. The sequence of play when he lost the ball which lead to their goal happened after he had moved back to #9.

None of that is to say that he shouldn't be more careful with the ball the deeper he drops.
It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England. - Yorkykopite

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13995 on: February 8, 2022, 04:03:52 pm »
I don’t see Bobby Firmino moving into that LFC midfield. Not at this stage in his career, not given our style of play.

But if there is one player above all others who deserves to leave the club on his terms, it’s Bobby.

He was the one who turned Klopp’s vision of how he wanted the team to play, into reality.

What Iniesta was to tiki taka Barcelona, Bobby has been to Klopp’s LFC.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #13996 on: February 8, 2022, 04:23:27 pm »

So fucking what. You mean our other midfielders haven't given the ball away in midfield before?

Yes, his attempted pass to Millie was short because Bobby had two players hassling him at the time. Millie could have come towards Bobby to help out. Or, Millie should have tackled the lad and stopped the play. Millie didn't and was left behind because their player glided by him.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13997 on: February 8, 2022, 05:44:52 pm »
Millie could have come towards Bobby to help out. Or, Millie should have tackled the lad and stopped the play. Millie didn't and was left behind because their player glided by him.

Am i the only one who gets a pit in their stomach when Millie comes on nowadays? Hes such a liability in the midfield and I swear we concede more often than not once he comes on. Klopp puts him on to shore things up but my god does it feel like it does the opposite

I found it interesting that Bobby got slotted into an 8 but not out of this world. Bobby was a 10 before Klopp turned him into a false 9 press machine. Saying that I dont see him being an 8 here. If Klopp was going to be loyal to a player though and give him a retirement contract, it would be Bobby though.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13998 on: February 13, 2022, 10:05:04 am »
There is no reason why Bobby could not drop back 10 yards in certain games when playing against 10 defenders even if its for 30 minutes chasing a goal or two. By the way he is not 31 until this October so has the legs to fulfill a slightly deeper role for another two or three years. Some people here think 30 is the death notice for players when we have one of the fittest squads in Europe.

....Mane....Jota...Salah
.......Diaz....Bobby
.............Fab

The perfect balance for a team playing against 11 guys behind the ball. ;)
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13999 on: February 13, 2022, 04:02:57 pm »
He was very poor today. Lost it many times.