Author Topic: Dejan Lovren  (Read 502866 times)

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
Re: Dejan Lovren - LFC Player of the Month (December)
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2016, 01:09:09 pm »
All is forgiven. He's a top centre back if ever i saw one. We need to now start building the defence around him.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2016, 01:15:19 pm »
All is forgiven. He's a top centre back if ever i saw one. We need to now start building the defence around him.

Sarcasm? If so, why? Nobody is tryin to say he is world class. People are just giving the lad some deserved credit for his much improved recent performances, after having a really bad start to his career at Liverpool. If you can't bring yourself to do that, stay out of the thread.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 02:13:33 pm by Solomon Grundy »

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2016, 01:30:12 pm »
Jesus, I laid into him often and also never thought he'll amount to much since he was always flaky both for Croatia and Dinamo.
But he deserves honest praise now and I'm just hoping he'll remain fit because we need him badly.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2016, 02:07:49 pm »
Sarcasm? If so, why? Nobody is tryin to say he is world class. People are just giving the lad some deserved credit for his much improved recent performances. After having a really bad start to his career at Liverpool. If you can't bring yourself to do that, stay out of the thread.

Some people are just thick as fuck.

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2016, 10:53:06 am »
Irony of another  abusers apologist!

As always the criticism was selective ,partial, completely  abusive way OTT lacking in any sense of reality at all and just for the record  why do you constantly want to defend this constant shite from the  people like yourself perhaps?
"Abuser apologist"?  ::) I was only pointing out that surely a whole season of good performances would be needed to negate a season of poor ones. Not one good month. Which is ironic when you complain about others slating him for a few bad games. A bit hypocritical I must say.

You also seem a little put out with the might be a purple patch comment does it upset you to be proved wrong on your  and your ilk's instant and always negative assessment of players,  wind your fatuous  ego in son and learn about the need to support players especially when things are not going right for them.
  Claiming he might be having a purple patch appears to be upsetting you not me. I even praised his performances during the last 4-6 weeks under Klopp on the first page of this thread. I personally hope he does continue to preform well so Klopp doesn't have to buy another defender in the summer. So you're completely wrong about me.
Too many chancers in here and not enough true supporters with respect for the players who wear our shirt, and if Lovren does well you and your ilk will just look for another target for abuse.
"The abuse was over the top but the criticism was justified" He was our most expensive defender and played like our worst do you think he should've been exempt from criticism just because he wears a Liverpool shirt? The main problem was Rodgers took too long to drop him for a much better defender. I don't actively look for a scapegoat/target when we aren't playing well regardless of what you seem to believe. I don't think anyone here enjoys watching a player underperform for the club if that is what you're suggesting.
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2016, 10:57:06 am »
Well done Dejan.

He has actually proved that the Twitter-version of the football fan can be made to look like a fucking muppet, in no time at all.

Dejan playing on the front foot, keeping it simple looks like a useful centre-half.

He doesn't solve our chronic-ness over set pieces mind, we need a new miracle for that one.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2016, 10:57:34 am »
Irony of another  abusers apologist!

As always the criticism was selective ,partial, completely  abusive way OTT lacking in any sense of reality at all and just for the record  why do you constantly want to defend this constant shite from the  people like yourself perhaps?

You also seem a little put out with the might be a purple patch comment does it upset you to be proved wrong on your  and your ilk's instant and always negative assessment of players,  wind your fatuous  ego in son and learn about the need to support players especially when things are not going right for them.

Too many chancers in here and not enough true supporters with respect for the players who wear our shirt, and if Lovren does well you and your ilk will just look for another target for abuse.

Always supported him, he's been my sig for ages and I really liked him even before he signed for us.

Made up.
Referees and the PGMOL can do no wrong.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2016, 10:57:43 am »
Fair fucks. He has been good lately. Let's hope he can keep improving. It is funny how some players look totally different under a new manager.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2016, 11:24:17 am »
On paper they seam ideally suited. Lovren the aerially dominant one and Sakho the front-footed one who is great at interceptions and is a great passer.

They're both pretty much front foot defenders actually.  The big difference we see when they play together is they're good at stepping the line up (as is Clyne, and Moreno doesn't matter cus he's rarely at lb when we play offside anyway). 

One of the main defensive issues we've had with Skrtel as an ever-present is he absolutely refuses to step up with the line.  If he sees a runner coming through he instinctively steps deeper and turns it into a foot race instead.  This leads many to think he's always our main guy covering the danger, but often he's created it by breaking our line.

Skrtel is a cracking defender to be honest, but he needs to play alongside someone with similar instincts.  Lovren and Sakho are proactive, he's reactive.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2016, 11:27:18 am »
Well done Dejan.

He has actually proved that the Twitter-version of the football fan can be made to look like a fucking muppet, in no time at all.

Dejan playing on the front foot, keeping it simple looks like a useful centre-half.

He doesn't solve our chronic-ness over set pieces mind, we need a new miracle for that one.

Hasn't proved anything yet, he needs to be keeping up this form because he's been poor longer than he has been decent.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2016, 11:43:05 am »
One thing about Lovren is that if we could do with any of our centre backs being successful then its him. He is the biggest talker and organiser we have.

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2016, 11:57:17 am »
I was his biggest critic but the last few games he has looked worth every penny. Granted, it will take a few seasons of maintaining that level until we can call the fee justified though his transformation has been incredible. Completely dominant in the air, comfortable with both feet and always looking to defend on the front foot.

Offline unusg

• heron
  • Kopite
  • first is first. second is nowhere !!
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2016, 12:19:24 pm »
Pleased with the turnaround but he needs to keep it going and even move up a notch. he looks a confidence player though so i would be interested to see if when he has a bad game whether he can shrug it off as Sahko does or will it affect him.

Definitely our best pairing him and Sahko.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2016, 07:52:27 pm »
Any update on his fitness or availability for Norwich game

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2016, 05:45:21 am »
Any update on his fitness or availability for Norwich game
What a turnaround. Back then there were people hoping he'd be permanently out of the team, now people are wondering if he's fit for the next game.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2016, 11:34:00 am »
What a turnaround. Back then there were people hoping he'd be permanently out of the team, now people are wondering if he's fit for the next game.

Absolutely. Until he fucks up again, and we go full circle.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2016, 12:11:03 pm »
Absolutely. Until he fucks up again, and we go full circle.
He's foreseen to bring the balance to the Force.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2016, 10:41:18 pm »
Cant come back soon enough.. Sakho and Kolo just not dominant enough with the aerial balls. Couple of times today where a ball was played into the box would have been great if either one just attacked it, clearing out everything in their path but nope nudged off the path of the ball too easily.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2016, 10:50:24 pm »
Mentioned this in the post-game thread, but two big reasons why he is vital for us now, and has looked better this year (and even more so on the right side.) He had a torrid start here, so no reason to revise the past, but he is important now - simple as. 

Him being moved to RCB was a huge component because unlike with Moreno, he has an outside defender who can protect him. Also was why he looked better with Gomez next to him early on. That allows him to do what he does best - win aerial battles. Sakho sprays and tackles and Lovren clears, with each doing a bit of the other's main strength occasionally too. Sakho is decent, if inconsistent, but Lovren is an animal in the air, and we are missing that pure dominance.

I think it is pretty telling that we have a pretty good defensive record with Sakho - Lovren. They complement each other big time. 

Offline adamski29

• Kopite
    • limerick sliding wardrobes
« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2016, 04:54:38 pm »
is he back for the semi final

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2016, 05:51:30 pm »
Goals allowed per 90 min (all comps):
Lovren: .88
Sakho: 1.39
Skrtel: 1.24
Kolo: 1.49

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2016, 05:54:51 pm »
Goals allowed per 90 min (all comps):
Lovren: .88
Sakho: 1.39
Skrtel: 1.24
Kolo: 1.49

Stats like that don't tell the full story. There was a period earlier in the season where those stats would be flipped in Sakho's favour. Those numbers also don't take into account who partnered who and that's very important because our centre back pairings have chopped and changed all season.

When everybody is fit though it should be Lovren and Sakho together, they look quite good together.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2016, 06:03:08 pm »
We've tried every combination of many different people - they're all not good enough.
We've tried 2 at the back. We've tried 3.
We've changed the Manager and coaching staff. It's only 3 months in but no major signs.

The one constant here is the man behind causing absolute panic - Mignolet.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2016, 06:03:25 pm »
Stats like that don't tell the full story. There was a period earlier in the season where those stats would be flipped in Sakho's favour. Those numbers also don't take into account who partnered who and that's very important because our centre back pairings have chopped and changed all season.

When everybody is fit though it should be Lovren and Sakho together, they look quite good together.
Yea, I agree. I'm trying to show Dejan has been solid all season despite a manager change and makeshift pairings at back. I think both Skrtel and Sakho have had high and low points this season.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2016, 06:19:34 pm »
Yea, I agree. I'm trying to show Dejan has been solid all season despite a manager change and makeshift pairings at back. I think both Skrtel and Sakho have had high and low points this season.

Skrtel is too set in his ways. Against certain teams in a certain system he is a very good player but whether that will be under Klopp remains to be seen. Sakho's problems in my opinion are his injuries - firstly because he has too many of them and secondly because of how they affect his form. He always seems to need a few games to get the rust off and when he does he's fine but I feel recently he's been rushed back due to our injuries and it's not been good for him. He was outstanding against United though but needs to be more consistent.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2016, 07:53:36 pm »
I'd take the predictability and no-nonsense of Skrtel and Lovren any day right now. At least they win some headers.

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2016, 09:18:05 pm »
I'd take the predictability and no-nonsense of Skrtel and Lovren any day right now. At least they win some headers.

But are terrible against fluid and direct attackers. It's about balance and Lovren-Sakho are our best bet in that regard.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2016, 09:41:30 pm »

I agree with this. Skrtel has slways got a hard deal, Lovren has shown a great deal of character to come through such a terrible start.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2016, 02:04:05 am »
Stats like that don't tell the full story.
It doesn't but it won't stop people from using or dismissing it if doing so skews the argument in their favour.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2016, 05:03:18 am »
Skrtel is worse at winning headers in set pieces than Sakho .

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2016, 06:55:31 pm »
I thought that Sakho is pretty good at headers. Skrtel - not really, Lovren - OK.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2016, 05:16:09 am »
Skrtel is worse at winning headers in set pieces than Sakho .
Skrtel is good at scoring them tho.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2016, 05:18:38 am »
Skrtel is good at scoring them tho.
Very true which is very valuable as well.

Also one thing I never understand with Sakho and Lovren why they suck so badly at attacking headers in opposition box despite being much better than Skrtel at defending them .

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2016, 08:16:01 am »

Also one thing I never understand with Sakho and Lovren why they suck so badly at attacking headers in opposition box despite being much better than Skrtel at defending them .

Are corners have been absolutely rank since Gerrard left to be fair, and Skrtel has only scored regularly one season.

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2016, 09:20:39 am »

In my view, it's the quality of the ball coming in. Our corners are simply terrible most of the time, rarely causing any real problems. Dejan was pretty good at scoring from corners at Southampton, as I recall, and yes, you'd expect him to score more if only the ball came in to the box now and again.

It was good to see him back in the team, if only on the bench. If we can finally get him and Sakho some time together to build a partnership, I think we'll all be very happy with the defensive solidity we see. I think they complement each other's strengths and weaknesses very well, but just need that understanding that comes with playing as a unit. Stop-start injuries affect the defence far more than attack, in my view.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2016, 07:03:33 pm »
Are corners have been absolutely rank since Gerrard left to be fair, and Skrtel has only scored regularly one season.
Too often Gerrard couldn't beat the first man from corners, we have sucked at them for ve-e-e-e-ery long time.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline pjk66

• Anny Roader
« Reply #116 on: February 6, 2016, 07:11:10 pm »
Any update on lovren? Not sure what happened him

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: February 6, 2016, 07:21:20 pm »
Any update on lovren? Not sure what happened him

He felt cramp a few times, shouldn't be too bad.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
The Dejan Lovren Thread
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2016, 02:45:09 am »
Some brilliant form in the last few months, and tonight completed his journey. Goal or no goal right at the end, he's been so important for us.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Dejan Lovren Thread
« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2016, 02:47:55 am »
That goal tonight was probably the best and most important of his career so far! Like Lucas, he has emerged from initial fan criticism to become one hell of a Liverpool player!