Author Topic: Bloodborne PS4  (Read 22436 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Bloodborne PS4
« Reply #200 on: February 12, 2019, 05:37:33 pm »
Cheers fellas

I could have used the Kennels shortcut I read about online to miss the Wolf Beasts altogether but my pride wouldn't let me.  Lured the Wolf Beasts out 1 by 1 and spammed them with Molitovs. Good night :)

Pretty much covered the whole of Central Yharman now and opened up most of the shortcuts so just need to have a crack at the bosses.

That big gate now unlocked by the central Yharman first lamp is a godsend.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 10:14:56 pm by Buck Pete »

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: February 13, 2019, 01:53:35 pm »
PREY SLAUGHTERED

Love that message when you beat a Boss :)

Made pretty short work of the Cleric Beast to be fair the great big lumbering fool he is.  +2 Hunting Axe already dishing out good damage.  Been levelling up my Vitality too.  Love how if you die fighting a boss (which I did a few times!!) you return to the lamp with all your Blood Vials intact. Saves having to go on Blood Echo farming runs to buy more vials.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: February 13, 2019, 02:56:27 pm »
PREY SLAUGHTERED

Made pretty short work of the Cleric Beast to be fair the great big lumbering fool he is.  +2 Hunting Axe already dishing out good damage.  Been levelling up my Vitality too.  Love how if you die fighting a boss (which I did a few times!!) you return to the lamp with all your Blood Vials intact. Saves having to go on Blood Echo farming runs to buy more vials.

Need to fire this up again and have another run through, I think the blood vials thing is something to do with storage? you can only have 20 on you so when you pick some up they go into storage if you're already at max or get left if storage is at 99 then when you die your inventory is automatically topped up back to 20, same for bullets iirc

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: February 13, 2019, 03:02:38 pm »
Need to fire this up again and have another run through, I think the blood vials thing is something to do with storage? you can only have 20 on you so when you pick some up they go into storage if you're already at max or get left if storage is at 99 then when you die your inventory is automatically topped up back to 20, same for bullets iirc

ah yes makes sense mate. Cheers

Got Gazza down to a 1/4 health left and he went supersize and handed me my ass :)

Think I might farm 3 shards I need to make the 8 I need to upgrade my axe to +3 that should do it

I have the tiny music box and I believe that helps fighting Gazza?

Also what is the quickest route back to Fr.  Gascoigne after dying?

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: February 13, 2019, 03:11:39 pm »
PREY SLAUGHTERED

Lol I'd recommend spending excess blood echoes after leveling on blood vials. Blood vials are a much rarer drop after the early game and you'll likely need to some farming for them later.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: February 13, 2019, 03:16:47 pm »
Yeah the music box helps

Off the top of my head and having not played in ages I'd say from the first lamp in Central Yarnham go through the shortcut to the bridge where they roll the massive ball down then just cross over and follow it round to the left, only other way I can think of is somewhere near the tunnel with the giant pig there's some ladders up to the top of the bridge, there's 2 sets think one is before you go in the tunnel and takes up to where they roll the ball at you and the other is somewhere in the tunnel and brings you out on the far side, think the first route would have less enemies to dodge or fight

Fuck it I'm firing it up ;D

edit: Still got my save with a high level toon with over 85 hours on it so just had a quick run through to where Gazza is, pretty easy, go through the shortcut that's straight in front of you at Central Yarnham lamp, don't enter the building just follow it round to the left of the door, run past the 2 fatties and into the lift room, they won't follow you if you have to wait for the lift, take the lift down then over the bridge and follow round to the left
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 03:31:27 pm by FiSh77 »

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: February 13, 2019, 03:57:23 pm »
PREY SLAUGHTERED

I am jealous you are going through this for the first time!

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: February 13, 2019, 07:23:35 pm »

ah-ha so you can Stun/Visceral attack Father Gascoigne. Now that changes everything

Discovered this just before I finished earlier playing for a few hours break.  Really didn't even consider it as he is a boss.

With this attack and the Music box I'm getting him down to beast mode pretty much every time now.  Gonna buy a stock of Oil/Molitov's for the Beast section and pretty confident of beating The holy man later this evening :)

edit: Still got my save with a high level toon with over 85 hours on it so just had a quick run through to where Gazza is, pretty easy, go through the shortcut that's straight in front of you at Central Yarnham lamp, don't enter the building just follow it round to the left of the door, run past the 2 fatties and into the lift room, they won't follow you if you have to wait for the lift, take the lift down then over the bridge and follow round to the left

Yeah cheers Mate. That's the way I've been getting to him. Just wanted to make sure i wasn't going a long way around.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 07:25:27 pm by Buck Pete »

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: February 15, 2019, 09:24:31 am »
How you getting on now Pete? Did you manage to slaughter Gazza?

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: February 15, 2019, 01:43:18 pm »
How you getting on now Pete? Did you manage to slaughter Gazza?

No I didn't mate. Played to about 11pm on Wednesday and can get him down to beast mode when he always seems to kill me

Gonna save my tiny music box until he gets to beast mode then try and stun/R2 backstab/Molitov the Beast

Its much harder than I thought but I'm close now.  Didn't play at all yesterday but gonna resume later.

Quick Q - Does throwing the oil on a target before a Molitov make much difference?

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: February 15, 2019, 02:04:37 pm »
No I didn't mate. Played to about 11pm on Wednesday and can get him down to beast mode when he always seems to kill me

Gonna save my tiny music box until he gets to beast mode then try and stun/R2 backstab/Molitov the Beast

Its much harder than I thought but I'm close now.  Didn't play at all yesterday but gonna resume later.

Quick Q - Does throwing the oil on a target before a Molitov make much difference?

I never really used the oil to be honest mate I just stocked up on the Molotov’s and lashed at the beasts constantly.

Glad your enjoying it.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: February 15, 2019, 03:41:53 pm »

Think oil then molotov does more damage to beasts, not sure if it works with Gascoigne though and because of the time it takes to switch items and the throwing animations it might be a risky strategy as he's relentless in the final stage

Spoiler
Try and save your bullets for the beast stage, there's one attack that's really telegraphed where he kind of winds up then does a flurry, fairly easy to riposte him during the wind up bit, once his health is down quite a bit hit him with the music box and finish him off, if you get really desperate then you can cheese him (been a while so might have been patched?) by getting between a tree and a statue on the outer edge of the arena, he can't get through so you can molotov him at your leisure to get his health down then when it's low enough use the music box and go in for the backstab
[close]
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 03:44:20 pm by FiSh77 »

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: February 16, 2019, 02:53:27 am »
Beasts are more weaker to fire damage, so let loose with your oils and Molotovs in Gazza's last stage.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: February 16, 2019, 02:35:01 pm »
PREY SLAUGHTERED!!

I swear to god lads I am physically shaking after that.  What an absolutely mad feeling of elation seriously!!

I had Gazza beast down to one hit left.  I had full health, 4 or 5 Molotov's and loads of blood vials in stock.  I knew this was happening. Similar to Istanbul 05 when it went to pennos - it was never in doubt

Right what to to with this Oedon Tomb key :)

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: February 17, 2019, 03:53:47 pm »
Say a prayer for the Blood Starved Beast in Old Yharman. He is no more thanks to Pete's +3 Hunter Axe, Fire Paper and help from Alfred. :)

What do the Chalice's do?  Just got one for beating the BSB.

cheers

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: February 17, 2019, 06:18:56 pm »
They unlock the chalice dungeons, can't remember how they work off the top of my head but there's an area in hunter's dream where you can access them, some are fixed and think some others are procedurally generated

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: February 18, 2019, 02:34:04 pm »
Just got to Vicar Amelia

I suspect this is going to take some time.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: February 20, 2019, 01:12:37 pm »
5 Bosses down in this order boys and loving this game.

Spoiler
Cleric Beast, Father Gascoigne, Blood Starved Beast, Witch of Hemwick, Vicar Amelia
[close]

Need to have a pop at DarkBeast Paarl I suppose but it scares me just looking at the fucker :)

Favourite enemy are the Graveyard Hags in the Hemwich Charnel Lane area.  Love it how they come running at you screaming.

Hardest regular enemies for me are the fucking Snatchers and Executioners can be tricky.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: February 20, 2019, 01:39:34 pm »
5 Bosses down in this order boys and loving this game.

Spoiler
Cleric Beast, Father Gascoigne, Blood Starved Beast, Witch of Hemwick, Vicar Amelia
[close]

Need to have a pop at DarkBeast Paarl I suppose but it scares me just looking at the fucker :)

Favourite enemy are the Graveyard Hags in the Hemwich Charnel Lane area.  Love it how they come running at you screaming.

Hardest regular enemies for me are the fucking Snatchers and Executioners can be tricky.

You are smashing it Pete!

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: February 20, 2019, 01:53:17 pm »
You are smashing it Pete!

I am levelled up pretty good now though to be fair

Level 43 now

Switching between my +4 axe and +5 Kirkhammer.  Both fortified with good Gems.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: February 20, 2019, 02:49:49 pm »
I am levelled up pretty good now though to be fair

Level 43 now

Switching between my +4 axe and +5 Kirkhammer.  Both fortified with good Gems.

Ah man, the mention of that magnificent thing makes me want to play through this all again..

Sounds like you're smashing it though! Enjoy.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: February 20, 2019, 05:33:51 pm »
Ah man, the mention of that magnificent thing makes me want to play through this all again..

Sounds like you're smashing it though! Enjoy.

+6 now

Its a great weapon isn't it? Hardly uses any stamina so you can perform a mighty two handed R2 charged attack and a couple of follow up R1 attacks with one stamina bar

If i connect with the initial R2 I'm downing Executioners before they can even react :)

In the forbidden Forest now having a mooch around.

Need to go back to Darkbeast Paarl and try again as he keeps kicking my ass.

Edit:  Just took down Darkbeast Paarl on about the 20th attempt.  Got underneath the fucker with my extended Axe and spammed the R1 button.  Seemed to work a treat and I'm very happy :)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 06:35:36 pm by Buck Pete »

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: February 21, 2019, 10:19:30 am »
+6 now

Its a great weapon isn't it? Hardly uses any stamina so you can perform a mighty two handed R2 charged attack and a couple of follow up R1 attacks with one stamina bar

If i connect with the initial R2 I'm downing Executioners before they can even react :)

In the forbidden Forest now having a mooch around.

Need to go back to Darkbeast Paarl and try again as he keeps kicking my ass.

Edit:  Just took down Darkbeast Paarl on about the 20th attempt.  Got underneath the fucker with my extended Axe and spammed the R1 button.  Seemed to work a treat and I'm very happy :)

If I remember rightly, the R1 - R1 - Transform (L1?) combination (starting from the sword mode) was an absolute beast. Two quick sword slashes and a crushing overhead slam from the hammer. I spent ages dicking about in Central Yarnham practising putting combos together with that thing.

The axe is magnificent as well, the two handed L2, L2 is a thing of beauty.

Such an epic game. Hoping the upcoming Sekiro maintains From's level of game.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: February 21, 2019, 12:55:51 pm »
If I remember rightly, the R1 - R1 - Transform (L1?) combination (starting from the sword mode) was an absolute beast. Two quick sword slashes and a crushing overhead slam from the hammer. I spent ages dicking about in Central Yarnham practising putting combos together with that thing.

The axe is magnificent as well, the two handed L2, L2 is a thing of beauty.

I'm also currently upgrading a Tonitrus Mace as I go along

I am led to believe in trick mode it unleashes a shit load of bolt damage.  Gonna wander round central Yharman and Hemwick testing it out cracking a few hunters and Grave Hag skulls :).

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: February 21, 2019, 01:03:40 pm »
Also, got the Heir Rune activated and get an insane amount of Blood Echoes when performing a Visceral attack

A Parry/Visceral attack on an executioner gets around 5000 BE.  Makes levelling up so much quicker.

So glad I levelled up my Skill attribute along with Vitality, Strength and Endurance.  The Visceral attacks get much easier to pull off as your skill increases.

My Arcane and Bloodtinge stats are rock bottom though :)

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: February 21, 2019, 01:48:59 pm »
Also, got the Heir Rune activated and get an insane amount of Blood Echoes when performing a Visceral attack

A Parry/Visceral attack on an executioner gets around 5000 BE.  Makes levelling up so much quicker.

So glad I levelled up my Skill attribute along with Vitality, Strength and Endurance.  The Visceral attacks get much easier to pull off as your skill increases.

My Arcane and Bloodtinge stats are rock bottom though :)

Yeah I hammered my Vitality stats at the beginning it didn't half help.

You going for the Platinum?

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: February 21, 2019, 02:39:31 pm »
Yeah I hammered my Vitality stats at the beginning it didn't half help.

You going for the Platinum?

Yeah I always have Vitality stats at least 3 points above everything else

Not even looked at what you need for Platinum.  I'm usually a trophy whore but this game is demanding enough without stressing on trophies :)

Will take a look when Ive completed main game

Just been reading about Sekiro.  Looks ACE!!!

Will start a thread soon and I'm going to play it on release and at the same time as you Souls/Bloodborne gang.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: February 21, 2019, 02:39:32 pm »
iirc the tonitrus mace is good for beating the big spider thing (Rom or something like that?)

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: February 21, 2019, 02:41:07 pm »
iirc the tonitrus mace is good for beating the big spider thing (Rom or something like that?)

Yeah i did accidentally see somewhere one of the bosses hates Bolt weapons.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: February 25, 2019, 09:50:43 am »
7 bosses down

'Shadow of Yharnham' was quite a tricky boss fight on Friday and a little bit of an annoying run back through the Forbidden Forest to the Boss arena every time I got killed.

Was trying the battle using my fully juiced up Tonitrus and was doing OK.  Swapped to my trusty +6 Kirkhammer in normal sword mode and smashed it.  You can just get so many R1 hits on a full stamina bar is ace.

Once I had worked out you have to find a blind spot away from the Mage cleric's fireballs I was able to cut down the other 2 weapon wielding clerics without much trouble.

The key to defeating the bosses in this game is most definitely "KEEP MOVING".  Cut, slash..run away.  Rinse and repeat.

So do I go to Byrgnwerth or Cainhurst Castle next?  Any recommendations?

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: February 25, 2019, 10:16:20 am »
7 bosses down

'Shadow of Yharnham' was quite a tricky boss fight on Friday and a little bit of an annoying run back through the Forbidden Forest to the Boss arena every time I got killed.

Was trying the battle using my fully juiced up Tonitrus and was doing OK.  Swapped to my trusty +6 Kirkhammer in normal sword mode and smashed it.  You can just get so many R1 hits on a full stamina bar is ace.

Once I had worked out you have to find a blind spot away from the Mage cleric's fireballs I was able to cut down the other 2 weapon wielding clerics without much trouble.

The key to defeating the bosses in this game is most definitely "KEEP MOVING".  Cut, slash..run away.  Rinse and repeat.

So do I go to Byrgnwerth or Cainhurst Castle next?  Any recommendations?

Cainhurst Castle is great so I’d say go there.

You loving it?

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: February 25, 2019, 10:24:40 am »
Cainhurst Castle is great so I’d say go there.

You loving it?

Yes mate.  The feeling of achievement you get when completing a particular section and end Boss is so satisfying

The Forbidden Woods was a smashing map and was a welcome change from the Gothic style of Yharnham and the Cathedral Ward.

Even nicely levelled up with a juiced up weapon it still doesn't guarantee success in this game.

So Cainhurst Castle it is :)

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: May 11, 2020, 02:33:16 pm »
Yes mate.  The feeling of achievement you get when completing a particular section and end Boss is so satisfying

The Forbidden Woods was a smashing map and was a welcome change from the Gothic style of Yharnham and the Cathedral Ward.

Even nicely levelled up with a juiced up weapon it still doesn't guarantee success in this game.

So Cainhurst Castle it is :)

Did you ever complete this, Pete?

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #233 on: July 2, 2021, 08:24:14 am »
Bumping the thread to say I finished this for the first time last week!

I originally bought it on release day, played for an hour just to die a lot and shelved it for years. I had no idea at the time that this was the point of the game ;D

Around Christmas 2020 I picked it up again and put a lot more effort into it, and got very far with a Skill/Arcane build (35 hour save!). I ended up giving up to the dual pathways of Lady Maria, and the Winter Lanterns at the Nightmare of Mensis. (Lady Maria & The Winter Lanterns is a great band name). I couldn't damage her enough nor get past the Frenzy state.

Last week I loaded up the game again and picked the day-one character I had put an hour into back on day one March 2015, and smashed the game in three days. It helps when you know what you're doing! This time I just legged it past the Winter Lanterns instead of trying to engage them, which was smarter. This run, I did a couple of early Chalices and didn't go near the DLC as I just wanted to finish the damn game. On my next character I promise I'll give the DLC a proper attempt again, I owe Lady Maria an arse kicking and I'm much better at parrying now.

Can't believe that took me 6 years to do!

bastard Winter Lanterns
[close]

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: July 2, 2021, 08:40:18 am »
Fuck sake thought a sequel had been announced due to the bump!

Get that DLC done!

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #235 on: July 2, 2021, 09:55:17 am »
Fuck sake thought a sequel had been announced due to the bump!

Get that DLC done!

Heavily heavily rumoured lately. "Velvet Veil", and another journo telling people to play something other than Bloodborne after the Elden Ring trailer from the other week because a new version was "imminent".

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #236 on: March 23, 2022, 11:14:27 pm »
The hardest game I have played so far. Dogs everywhere chasing you in sight within parameters. C*nts!!!

I don't know on how to enjoy it but I keep playing it. Two wolves on the bridge slaughtered me like thousand times. Duo c*nts!!

It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: March 24, 2022, 12:21:56 am »
I'm currently at Endgame of Dark Souls.

Once I'm done, gonna fire up Bloodborne (again) in a few weeks.

The thought of fighting Father Gascoigne again worries me like, I won't lie :)

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #238 on: March 24, 2022, 07:37:00 am »
The hardest game I have played so far. Dogs everywhere chasing you in sight within parameters. C*nts!!!

I don't know on how to enjoy it but I keep playing it. Two wolves on the bridge slaughtered me like thousand times. Duo c*nts!!

It was the hardest game I'd played...until Sekiro.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #239 on: March 24, 2022, 08:05:08 am »
It was the hardest game I'd played...until Sekiro.
No way... Sekiro is harder than Bloodborne? Fucking hell!! Would never buy that game, haha!! FromSoftware love this kind of thing, aren't they?
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!