Author Topic: Trans-humanism  (Read 305 times)

Offline itihasas

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Trans-humanism
« on: April 2, 2024, 02:07:58 pm »
Hello everyone,

There is a bit of chatter about this now and I was looking at improving my understanding of this subject. Would anyone be able to point me to the philosophy that underpins all of this and what the intellectual pushback is?

As a layman, it really creeps me out.
Let noble thoughts come to me from all directions - Rig Veda

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Re: Trans-humanism
« Reply #1 on: April 2, 2024, 03:18:28 pm »
I'd start by avoiding anything Musk has to say aboout it :D

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: April 2, 2024, 04:37:04 pm »
Apparently there are labs under the Himalayas where a Turkish scientist is working on these things he calls "Primarchs", from which he intends to develop trans-humans.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3 on: April 2, 2024, 05:08:53 pm »
Marvels Inhumans is a good place to start.

Black Bolts voice can cause disruption, but he's also good on the Karaoke after 10 pints of Stella.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #4 on: April 2, 2024, 11:22:48 pm »
It's one of the reasons, why I - being about one month away from my 44th birthday - think that I've just finished the first quarter of my life. Just need to make it until 2050 and the possibilities will be out there to treat people just like cars. Just go to the service once a year and replace all the parts that aren't working properly anymore. ;)

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 3, 2024, 01:15:08 am »
I’ve just turned 44 and wouldn’t like to bet that I’ve another 130 odd years to live. I think todays 44 year olds will do well to see 88.

Augmented humans appears a bit too problematic to me, mostly for practical reasons. If it somehow is achieved within my lifetime, you can bet I won’t be able to afford it. So, imagine the socio economic upheaval of a two-tiered genetically divergent society amid the backdrop of a climate catastrophe. That’s the makings of a dystopian nightmare.

Embryonic modification that results in extreme longevity simply won’t be allowed. Certainly, even if it happens through rogue science, it will not happen en-masse.