Author Topic: Dark Souls & Dark Souls 2  (Read 66079 times)

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2011, 09:22:14 pm »
i prefer the open world to be honest, the nexus was ok but the loading times were a pain in the arse if you were trying to farm souls or stones, in dark souls the whole thing is seamless

the only real difference with not having the nexus is having to do quite a bit of legwork to get to merchant's, blacksmiths (although repairs and upgrades can be done at a fire) and people to learn spells/miracles from, although it's not too bad once you open up the shortcuts

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2011, 09:25:28 pm »
Gotten around killing the gargoyles yet mate? I just rand the bell on top of the tower, quite a fight that was. I'm not sure which direction I should take now, might be the fatty down the spiral stairs or  the graveyard.

yeah, took me a couple of attempts to beat them
Spoiler
ended up summoning that knight you meet near the end of the bridge to help
[close]

i've opened up the lower undead burg but am having problems with the capra demon

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2011, 09:32:11 pm »
yeah, took me a couple of attempts to beat them
Spoiler
ended up summoning that knight you meet near the end of the bridge to help
[close]

i've opened up the lower undead burg but am having problems with the capra demon

I did it all by myself. I am persistent like that. ;)

It the lower burg behind the fat knight with massive armor? And is his weakness soul ray?

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2011, 11:05:28 pm »
i don't think there's any item burden so you can carry as much shite as you want, the weight only matters if you equip something

it would've been better if there was a storage chest at each fire

i just dump any weapons or armor that i already have then hoard everything else
                                                                                                                                                                                                                   ah ok. Cheers mate. This really is not a game for the faint of heart is it ;-)

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2011, 02:54:12 am »
I did it all by myself. I am persistent like that. ;)

It the lower burg behind the fat knight with massive armor? And is his weakness soul ray?

no it's the capra demon

Spoiler
to get there you need to unlock the door on the dragon bridge (opposite where you come out of the tower after the taurus demon) i think it's the basement key that opens it but can't remember where i found it, once you're in the area there's a couple of shortcuts you can open up, one is near the fire in undead burg in the room across the narrow bridge, the other is in the sewer between firelink shrine & undead burg, this is the best one as it cuts out a lot of enemies in the area which can be bastards if you rush & don't concentrate

the problem with the demon is the fight is in a pretty small room which i don't like as i prefer space to roll around and dodge plus to make things worse there's 2 zombie dog things with it which can cause bleeding you if you get cornered, i almost beat it last night before i went to work and am about to have another go now

i've also beaten another demon in the darkroot garden, a big fuck off butterfly which was pretty easy, there's also an area in there that needs a key you can buy from the blacksmith across from the undead church for 20,000 souls, i opened it up yesterday and got my arse handed to me by some fucker firing soul arrows and 2 semi invisible fellas that i couldn't lock onto
[close]

edit: managed to beat it, got a key to open up the depths

Spoiler
fuckin horrible place, the plain zombies with just a sword and no armor are taking 2 hits to kill with the drake sword then there's some more with torches, they're pretty easy to beat but it's very dark and if you go rushing in it's easy to get outnumbered, best bet is to use a bow to lure them out 1 at a time, from the top floor i could see a guy chopping a big chunk of meat on a table, when i got down onto the floor he was on i got attacked by 2 zombie dogs then this fat fucker with a big meat cleaver in one hand and i think a knife in the other, he got a couple of hits in which caused a lot of damage but i managed to recover and was easy once i'd sussed out his attacks

i'm not far off having enough souls for another level so got out of there and back to the fire at firelink shrine, i'll do a bit of grinding on the knights in undead parish to level up then go back to the depths when there's lees souls at risk
[close]
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 03:56:56 am by FiSh77 »

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2011, 10:06:16 am »
no it's the capra demon

Spoiler
to get there you need to unlock the door on the dragon bridge (opposite where you come out of the tower after the taurus demon) i think it's the basement key that opens it but can't remember where i found it, once you're in the area there's a couple of shortcuts you can open up, one is near the fire in undead burg in the room across the narrow bridge, the other is in the sewer between firelink shrine & undead burg, this is the best one as it cuts out a lot of enemies in the area which can be bastards if you rush & don't concentrate

the problem with the demon is the fight is in a pretty small room which i don't like as i prefer space to roll around and dodge plus to make things worse there's 2 zombie dog things with it which can cause bleeding you if you get cornered, i almost beat it last night before i went to work and am about to have another go now

i've also beaten another demon in the darkroot garden, a big fuck off butterfly which was pretty easy, there's also an area in there that needs a key you can buy from the blacksmith across from the undead church for 20,000 souls, i opened it up yesterday and got my arse handed to me by some fucker firing soul arrows and 2 semi invisible fellas that i couldn't lock onto
[close]

Spoiler
fuckin horrible place, the plain zombies with just a sword and no armor are taking 2 hits to kill with the drake sword then there's some more with torches, they're pretty easy to beat but it's very dark and if you go rushing in it's easy to get outnumbered, best bet is to use a bow to lure them out 1 at a time, from the top floor i could see a guy chopping a big chunk of meat on a table, when i got down onto the floor he was on i got attacked by 2 zombie dogs then this fat fucker with a big meat cleaver in one hand and i think a knife in the other, he got a couple of hits in which caused a lot of damage but i managed to recover and was easy once i'd sussed out his attacks

i'm not far off having enough souls for another level so got out of there and back to the fire at firelink shrine, i'll do a bit of grinding on the knights in undead parish to level up then go back to the depths when there's lees souls at risk
[close]

I'm well behind you then. Not been able to clock in a lot of hours so far, will probably make some progress over the weekend. ;)

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2011, 11:27:21 am »
no it's the capra demon

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler

[close]

Wow, good work  ;D

I am havin trouble with the capra demon too! Think I nearly have it now though. Is there a general guide as to which worlds you should go to as you level up. As in easy, medium and hard? I have been just tryin a bit of each so far. Gonna stay well away for those ghost for a while after the last time  :D

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2011, 11:29:01 am »
Fuck the lot of you, I can't even beat the boss on the first level!

EDIT:
Just realised, I can run back around and do the dropping slash on him twice! :duh

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2011, 01:18:06 pm »

EDIT:
Just realised, I can run back around and do the dropping slash on him twice! :duh
Spoiler
If you've got any gold pine resin, use that on him.  Lightning is his weakness.
[close]

I'm really enjoying this.  Had a good solid run through for a couple of hours last night while managing to remain unhollowed throughout.  Took down the massive knight with the shield in the church
Spoiler
and got the firekeeper's soul.
[close]

It's been so much easier since I got the Drake Sword.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 01:19:48 pm by thekitkatshuffler »
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2011, 02:06:02 pm »
Spoiler
If you've got any gold pine resin, use that on him.  Lightning is his weakness.
[close]

I mean on the Tutorial level! ;D

Yes, I'm shite at this game :(

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2011, 02:08:20 pm »
I mean on the Tutorial level! ;D

Yes, I'm shite at this game :(
Haha!  The fat hovering dragon?  Oh well, I don't think I can help you on that one, J. 
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2011, 02:10:37 pm »
Haha!  The fat hovering dragon?  Oh well, I don't think I can help you on that one, J. 

Yep, that fucker.

Doesn't matter, I'll do that dropping slash on him twice, will mean running all the way back around but ah well.

If his health regenerates then the game can get to fuck, I'll stick to FIFA! ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2011, 02:11:38 pm »
How did you kill the fat bastard? Magic or a sword?
Sword does the trick.  He's really easy to avoid or block coz he moves so slow.  Just lured him up to the highest landing area so that if he beat me then I could get my souls back easily.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2011, 02:22:14 pm »
Wow, good work  ;D

I am havin trouble with the capra demon too! Think I nearly have it now though. Is there a general guide as to which worlds you should go to as you level up. As in easy, medium and hard? I have been just tryin a bit of each so far. Gonna stay well away for those ghost for a while after the last time  :D

Spoiler
i think the mistake i was making was trying to run up the stairs, it's pretty hard to do when locked on and if you take the lock off it'll backstab you as soon as you turn, when i beat the capra demon i just stayed close to the doorway where you enter the room as one of the dogs will stay at the back, the demon plus the other dog will run at you so quickly lock on and flick the right stick to select the dog, you should be able to take it out with 1 hit, then it's just a case of trying to circle the demon with you shield raised and get hits in after blocking then drop you shield for the odd split second when you can to regain stamina
[close]

i'm stuck at the moment and not sure which path to take, think there's 3 or 4 ways i can go

Spoiler
new londo ruins: i can get as far as the ghosts but so far none of my weapons/magic can touch them

the depths: seems like the best route at the moment but i keep getting killed by a fat twat with a big cleaver, managed to kill one of them already but the 2nd one seems a bit harder

darkroot basin: i ran in to a big knight and shit it & ran away  ;D so need to go back there and have a proper look around

i haven't killed the fat knight at the bottom of the tower so not sure what's beyond there, looking at the map i'd guess it leads to new londo bridge

there's also the catacombs through the graveyard which i've not attempted to get to yet so not sure where they lead to or what needs to be done there
[close]

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2011, 03:21:22 pm »
Spoiler
i think the mistake i was making was trying to run up the stairs, it's pretty hard to do when locked on and if you take the lock off it'll backstab you as soon as you turn, when i beat the capra demon i just stayed close to the doorway where you enter the room as one of the dogs will stay at the back, the demon plus the other dog will run at you so quickly lock on and flick the right stick to select the dog, you should be able to take it out with 1 hit, then it's just a case of trying to circle the demon with you shield raised and get hits in after blocking then drop you shield for the odd split second when you can to regain stamina
[close]

i'm stuck at the moment and not sure which path to take, think there's 3 or 4 ways i can go

Spoiler
new londo ruins: i can get as far as the ghosts but so far none of my weapons/magic can touch them

the depths: seems like the best route at the moment but i keep getting killed by a fat twat with a big cleaver, managed to kill one of them already but the 2nd one seems a bit harder

darkroot basin: i ran in to a big knight and shit it & ran away  ;D so need to go back there and have a proper look around

i haven't killed the fat knight at the bottom of the tower so not sure what's beyond there, looking at the map i'd guess it leads to new londo bridge

there's also the catacombs through the graveyard which i've not attempted to get to yet so not sure where they lead to or what needs to be done there
[close]

Cheers mate I'll try that. If you are talking about the big knights in the garden place I just ran by then all, straight in front of you after a bit you will see a castle. Run in there and all the way up to the top. Enter the light for the mini boss butterfly fight. I thought it was easy. Just make sure you have your best magic defense sheild equiped before you go in. Be carefull too because a good few trees can and will chase you all the way up to the light but cant enter it  ;D
I used loads of fire bombs (10/15) on the buterfly and rolled out of its magic attacks. When coming back down make sure you have about 200 arrows with you. There are about 5 of those giant garden knights. Walk up to each one slowy to trigger on at a time and lure them into the castle. They cant get to the top. Take them out with arrows, one at a time.

Have no idea where to go next but I read that the ghost level is for more advanced level players so thats out for now. maybe back to drakes valley and the dragons  :o

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2011, 04:06:48 pm »

Cheers mate I'll try that. If you are talking about the big knights in the garden place I just ran by then all, straight in front of you after a bit you will see a castle. Run in there and all the way up to the top. Enter the light for the mini boss butterfly fight. I thought it was easy. Just make sure you have your best magic defense sheild equiped before you go in. Be carefull too because a good few trees can and will chase you all the way up to the light but cant enter it  ;D
I used loads of fire bombs (10/15) on the buterfly and rolled out of its magic attacks. When coming back down make sure you have about 200 arrows with you. There are about 5 of those giant garden knights. Walk up to each one slowy to trigger on at a time and lure them into the castle. They cant get to the top. Take them out with arrows, one at a time.

Have no idea where to go next but I read that the ghost level is for more advanced level players so thats out for now. maybe back to drakes valley and the dragons  :o

already done the butterfly boss, i use that area with the stone knights for grinding you get around 2000 souls for the 5 knights plus the few bush things that're in there
Spoiler
there's a hidden fire just to the left of the locked door that's about halfway into darkroot garden if you didn't know about it, makes it quicker if you want to use the area for grinding, hit the wall and it opens up, if you get 20,000 souls you can buy the crest of astorias from andre the blacksmith which opens the door but there's some rock hard enemies in there which i posted about earlier
[close]

the big knight i was on about is in darkroot basin, if you go from the locked door in the garden back towards the church where andre the blacksmith is there's a path which leads to the basin on your left, going from the church it's roughly between the first 2 bush things you fight but it's on the right and kind of cuts back so it's hard to see, there's a crystal lizard in here but i was too slow to get to it

how did you get into the valley of the drakes?

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2011, 05:06:50 pm »
Ah ok cheers, must find that short cut.
To get into the valley of the drakes or the level like valley of D in demon souls, go to Londo level. When you come out of the lift go to the tower beside that one you come out of (to the right). Its in there. Cross the small bridge, left against the wall is where the drakes is, and straight in front of you in the tunnel is the other place (cant remember the name) it looks like the valley of defilement  :'(
Happy hunting, and bring lots of arrows for the drakes one if you go  ;)

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2011, 05:54:05 pm »

EDIT:

;D

Here is a link that should help you mate, if you havent already found it. I use it when I run into a wall or demon  ;D and die over and over again!

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/bosses

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2011, 07:45:26 pm »
just been killed by the gaping dragon in the sewers, got no idea how i got there though as i fell through a couple of holes so it's gonna be pot luck getting back

place is a shit hole full of rats, these things with bulging eyes that fires off a cloud of gas or something and slime that can travel on the ceiling and drop down

edit: managed to find it again and got twatted again, found a room just before it with a merchant who sells a bottomless box for 1000 souls so you can store stuff at a fire which makes it easier to switch weapons during a fight if you're not prepared
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 08:15:06 pm by FiSh77 »

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2011, 09:49:20 pm »
Sword does the trick.  He's really easy to avoid or block coz he moves so slow.  Just lured him up to the highest landing area so that if he beat me then I could get my souls back easily.

Don't know how you did it mate, blocking doesn't really work because the c*nt's weapon is too big and it breaks through the block. And all he takes is one hit to kill me. Between him and that capra demon, I might be stuck and need to do some leveling up.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2011, 10:03:55 pm »
I assume you've got a decent shield on the go, with 100% physical protection?  And the Drake Sword for battling back?  If so, and assuming we're on about the same fella, then maybe I got lucky and just managed to avoid him and get enough backstabs to finish him off.

I killed him and the other big knight just before that area in quick succession.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2011, 10:39:07 pm »
Really regret getting this game. Makes me want to punch the wall

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2011, 10:52:03 pm »
Really regret getting this game. Makes me want to punch the wall
Except you know that if you did, the wall would parry your blow and hack the living shite out of you.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2011, 10:58:34 pm »
I assume you've got a decent shield on the go, with 100% physical protection?  And the Drake Sword for battling back?  If so, and assuming we're on about the same fella, then maybe I got lucky and just managed to avoid him and get enough backstabs to finish him off.

I killed him and the other big knight just before that area in quick succession.

Think I've figured it out, my roll is too slow because of the heavy armor, which makes it difficult to dodge his attack. I will have another go at him with lighter armor and see if that helps.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2011, 10:59:43 pm »
Except you know that if you did, the wall would parry your blow and hack the living shite out of you.
:) Think i'll just crawl up in a ball and cry instead

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2011, 04:43:26 pm »
i've been cursed in the sewers (by the frog things with bulging eyes) so my health is permanently at 50%

i think it's something to do with being in human form as they didn't bother me yesterday, today i went a different route and found a bonfire so i became human and kindled to get the full 10 flasks and the fuckin things were swarming all over me and backed me into a corner

it said i needed to use either a purging stone or there's someone in londo who can cure it, i've found a merchant that sells the stones but they're 6,000 a pop, on the plus side the merchant who sells the stones has some items that put curse on you and says they enable you to attack ghosts so might go to the ruins and see if i can get past the ghosts there

edit: you can kill the ghosts when you're cursed but you get no souls for killing them and i've not seen one drop anything yet
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 05:32:09 pm by FiSh77 »

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2011, 05:48:20 pm »
i've been cursed in the sewers (by the frog things with bulging eyes) so my health is permanently at 50%

i think it's something to do with being in human form as they didn't bother me yesterday, today i went a different route and found a bonfire so i became human and kindled to get the full 10 flasks and the fuckin things were swarming all over me and backed me into a corner

it said i needed to use either a purging stone or there's someone in londo who can cure it, i've found a merchant that sells the stones but they're 6,000 a pop, on the plus side the merchant who sells the stones has some items that put curse on you and says they enable you to attack ghosts so might go to the ruins and see if i can get past the ghosts there

edit: you can kill the ghosts when you're cursed but you get no souls for killing them and i've not seen one drop anything yet

kin ell mate, sounds like a bad day at the office  :D

Offline SuperScouse

• Anny Roader
  • Walk on through the wind
« Reply #107 on: October 14, 2011, 08:48:32 am »
What's the best deal knocking around for this? Been debating whether to get it and i've been swayed

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: October 14, 2011, 03:05:28 pm »
What's the best deal knocking around for this? Been debating whether to get it and i've been swayed

Shopto I would say.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #109 on: October 14, 2011, 10:49:12 pm »
What a fucking c*nt that Capra Demon turned out to be, so it kills me a dozen or so times, aided by his dogs of course, which are far bigger c*nts on their own. Alright I said, alright you goat looking multi eyed c*nt, okay. I spent a few hours grinding, upgrading my shield, leveled up, found a Fox ring, looted an elite knight armor, upgrade the Halberd so it can kill most foes in single blow, dogs especially. Went back and mowed down the dogs and the demon. I would've defecated and urinated on their dead bodies but apparently that's not an option...

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: October 14, 2011, 10:55:35 pm »
Not enough save points in this game. Pity you cant light you're own fires like RDR

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: October 14, 2011, 11:20:07 pm »
You fat fucking c*nt, don't feel so tough now do you you fucker eh? Bellend.

Right...thats the tutorial finished.

Offline SuperScouse

• Anny Roader
« Reply #112 on: October 15, 2011, 08:14:21 am »
Went into town (Manc) yesterday looking for this on 360. 2 GAMEs, gamestation, 2 HMVs, sold out everywhere. Loads of PS3 copies around though, bastards!

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #113 on: October 15, 2011, 05:39:19 pm »
Having spent a few hours farming for souls, upgrading the shield and halbred, I have had a good day at the office, however, I have not yet gone too far in the forest. So far, I've gotten rid of the red dragon, titanite demon, Havel the Rock (fatty in previous posts) and Lautrec for his ring of protection and favor. Next up is stacking up on some fire arrows, upgrading the bow some more, and traversing deeper in the forest.

Offline SuperScouse

• Anny Roader
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2011, 08:26:09 am »
Finally found it in Currys of all places, wasn't even looking for it specifically, in there buying the missus a kindle and found it while wandering around the place. Great so far, only up to the armoured tusk but having a bit of trouble. Playing as a Knight but not sure if that's a mistake, and I always mess up levelling up in my first time playing an RPG

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2011, 08:58:36 am »
Finally found it in Currys of all places, wasn't even looking for it specifically, in there buying the missus a kindle and found it while wandering around the place. Great so far, only up to the armoured tusk but having a bit of trouble. Playing as a Knight but not sure if that's a mistake, and I always mess up levelling up in my first time playing an RPG

Initial choice is not as important, you can always start putting points into other categories or start wearing lighter armor. Just try and find what suits you best, character creation is flexible as can be.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #116 on: October 17, 2011, 10:28:32 am »

Depends on what you want to do with your character. If you want to use bigger, stronger weapons, and heavy armour you will need to up slowly add to the strength and dexterity for the knight. I am also playing as a knight, and so far I've got the elite knight armour and Halberd at +6 with the Knight Shield at +5 and the Drake sword.

Halberd works great in corridors and against rats/dogs when leveled up, because it goes in straight through, there isn't a lot of swing and becomes a one hit weapon at +3 or +4. I usually prefer Winged Spear but I couldn't find it early this time so went with the Halberd. Level up the shield as well that can take 100% of the physical damage and learn to parry and riposte.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #117 on: October 17, 2011, 10:41:41 am »
I've cleared the Depths and
Spoiler
Found the key to the Blightown which resembles the cesspool of Demon's Souls and I am fucking hating it so I got out in open air and went to the garden. I might do some soul farming as well because those big stone knights aren't so tough and give loads of souls. I also got that lizard with a few fire arrows and it dropped a good loot. I haven't gotten to the Butterfly yet because the enemies that come before it keep bogging me down. I am also planning to kill the Undead Dragon but might need a few hundred arrows to do it the easy way. So I am planning on stacking up some arrows.

About the Catacombs, another fucked up place, and those skeletons keep respawning. I've asked a mate and he has advised to get a Divine weapon for them, so I will also need to do some farming to get a winged spear or a big fuck off sword as a Divine weapon for them.

Also went back to the Undead Asylum again and killed the Black Knights rather easily.but the Stray Demon looks considerable stronger this time and I have not come up with a good way to get rid of it. Might do that first before I take care of the other stuff.
[close]
Needless to say, this game is absolutely brilliant despite its gloomy and depressing environment.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: October 17, 2011, 10:47:47 am »
Haven't been on this much since beating the Asylum Demon but want to get back on it.

What's the best way to go? Up the tower to fight the Taurus Demon, I know his weaknesses ect so I'm tempted to go take him on.

Or should I go another way first?

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #119 on: October 17, 2011, 10:55:00 am »
Haven't been on this much since beating the Asylum Demon but want to get back on it.

What's the best way to go? Up the tower to fight the Taurus Demon, I know his weaknesses ect so I'm tempted to go take him on.

Or should I go another way first?

The route towards the bell on top, which goes through the Taurus Demon, is the easier route.
Spoiler
You have to get on top and get rid of the two c*nts first, which I think you know. After that you can do one of the two, stack up on firebombs, trigger the demon and run back to climb up the ladder again, lock on and throw a fireball at him. Be careful because he will jump up, so step back a couple of times and throw another firebomb at him as soon as he jumps on the top, he pauses for a second as he gains the balance so you might get a chance to throw another firebomb on it. You have open space now so roll around and dodge the swings and jump down again. Climb back up again as he follows you down, rinse and repeat. The other thing you can do is when you go up, fall down with a piercing attack.
[close]

And fuck going down, I went down once and had my ass handed to me even with my tough weapon, shield and armour. I will clear the places on top first before I go down again.