Author Topic: Spurs V Liverpool - Pre game chat (Satdee 1/11/08 KO 17:30)  (Read 59541 times)

Offline Crazynumber9

• Legacy Fan
  • Be afraid!
Re: Spurs V Liverpool - Pre game chat (Satdee 1/11/08 KO 17:30)
« Reply #200 on: October 31, 2008, 09:53:51 am »
Did anyone else want to punch bentley during his post-match interview on Wed? Cant stand the little money grabbing twit
Proudly an internet terrorist since 2010!

Offline red_til_i_die

• Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina walks on water
« Reply #201 on: October 31, 2008, 09:56:44 am »
Just want a nice professional performance. Preferably two goals up at the half and just keep them at arms length in the second half and keep hitting them on the break.
Slappa da Bass mon! Slappa deee Bassssss!!!!!
Love you Bro-Montana

Offline liverbird_soph

• Fitter than Megan Fox and Angelina Jolie
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: October 31, 2008, 09:59:07 am »
I hate to start another rotation thread, but without going into the whole physics, science and stats of the whole thing.

Does anyone believe Rafa was right to rotate v Pompey, and would he be right to rotate v Spurs?

Yes I think he was right to make changes against Pompey. Keane and Riera both had muscle strains and so he had little choice but to put them on the bench. Rafa has also spoken recently of the need to take care of Mascherano, as he has been very fatigued from all the travelling to Argentina and as a result has had niggles such as a calf strain. As Portsmouth don't have a strong midfield it also made sense to change one of our defensive midfielders for a slightly more attacking one in Lucas. Finally Agger has been injured for a year and so he's sure to be feeling the effects of playing matches in a row. However I think the change made sense tactically more than anything. With Crouch as a lone striker there was always going to be the possibility of hundreds of long balls. Sami has the height to deal with it more effectively and he is also better in the air than Agger. As we have trained with Crouch for years, I would also think that Rafa would know which of his defenders is the most effective against him!

Every change made sense to me and was about either injury or tactics. I don't think Rafa "rotated" for the sake of it and so lots of the articles on this are a load of rubbish. Most of the ex-players who have spoken about it haven't even seemed to consider that we had two injuries, they've just jumped in to criticise without thinking why Rafa has made his selection choices.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 10:17:20 am by liverbird_soph »
Above all else comes truth & justice.

Offline Balance

• Spirit Leveled.
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's no "what should be", there is only what is
  • Super Title: Raised by wolves, but taught by Aston Villa
« Reply #203 on: October 31, 2008, 09:59:39 am »
So Chelsea and Arsenal are out of the title race then? Good times.

Yep ;D

My post is more about attitude: it's not that I think a draw would be a disaster, or that if we don't win at White Hart Lane we can't win the league. It's more that, with the league the way it is now, there's very little room for slip-ups. Being held by the bottom side in the league would be considered a slip up, so we have to go there with the attitude that this is a must-win game, not that a draw would be an acceptable result.

Of course you could say we should go to every game with that attitude, but this isn't like playing Chelsea away, where going into the game you'd be happy with a draw. That's all I'm saying.

Even against Arsenal, Spurs looked poor and like they were there for the taking. I don't expect us to be as naive as Arsenal, and so I think we'll win.
"He's so un-hip that when you say Dylan, he thinks you're talking about Dylan Thomas! Whoever he was...
The man ain't got no culture"

Offline Motti

• Impersonator.
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #204 on: October 31, 2008, 10:13:57 am »
Lawrenson again doesn't believe in us and predicts a 1-1. The thing is, our team will not shit out like Arsenal did in injury time on Wednesday.

Let the press talk up this revival of Spurs and let us carry on playing the way we are at the moment. We tend to get good results at White Hart Lane, always sticks in my head for Cisse's first league goal for us there.

I'll say a 2-1, them getting a late Bent goal.

Offline CoolHandLuke

• Main Stander
« Reply #205 on: October 31, 2008, 10:17:15 am »
I think we will dominate them in midfield and score at least a couple past them. Prediction 2-0. Keane to score without a doubt.

Offline red_til_i_die

• Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina walks on water
« Reply #206 on: October 31, 2008, 10:19:47 am »
Would be nice to have a keane hat trick no? :D
Slappa da Bass mon! Slappa deee Bassssss!!!!!
Love you Bro-Montana

Offline Robotforaday

• Fifty shades off white
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: October 31, 2008, 10:39:02 am »
                        Reina

Arbeloa  Carragher  Agger  Dossena

Mascherano  Alonso

Pennant        Gerrard       Riera

Keane

Kuyt deserves a rest, I think, with so many matches in such a short space of time, and I be honest, I don't think Kuyt is quite as needed in this match - Assou-Ekotto doesn't seem to offer much of a threat going forward, and Bale seems to be playing further forward... So we don't have to pin their defence back (if anything, they're likely to defend too deeply). On the other hand, Pennant could litter their box with crosses (as could Riera), placing their comedy defensive act under extreme pressure.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: October 31, 2008, 10:44:40 am »
So far we have passed all the tests of character - including, as Rafa pointed out, winning when there has been some necessary rotation. The next test will be if we can bounce back from the inevitable slip-up while the media, including some of our ex-players, are lining up to tell us why this shows we won't win the league. I would prefer the slip-up not to come on Saturday so soon after we've gone clear. Also, it would be nice to put superman back in his box, cocky little tw*t.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #209 on: October 31, 2008, 10:46:28 am »
We won this fixture last season, so I see no reason why we can not do it again.

Spurs are defensively crap at the moment & Gomes is very suspect, flapping at crosses/corners. Carragher & Agger should keep Bent & Pavlyuchenko quiet (Will be interesting to watch that match up). Plus Keane returning to WHL & in search of goal against his former club.

Obviously the Harry Redknapp factor should be taken into consideration, but the return of Nando on the pitch is to our advantage
I'm not saying he's not a good manager but you people are talking about him as if he was Capello FFS.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline miss_heather

• hit_gorse
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nerd.
    • Twitter
« Reply #210 on: October 31, 2008, 10:50:21 am »
I hope keane gets a good recpection, as I am sure he will.

But I also hope he scores ;D

Tot 0 - 2 Liverpool
Keane & Alonso

Offline SwanseaAL

• Kemlynite
  • No more operations
« Reply #211 on: October 31, 2008, 10:54:18 am »
Come on Robbie, lets have the winner !
"I am on a London Weekend you cheeky cockney Twat"
"Let em play, Let em play"

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #212 on: October 31, 2008, 10:54:19 am »

Tot 0 - 2 Liverpool
Keane & Alonso
wouldn't bet on that mate,he did say that he wants to end his career at WHL and then fucked of to LFC,so he's their version of Bitters' "Wayne Rooney". ;D
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline sisterbliss

• Legacy Fan
  • Out now The Goodison Persecution Complex
« Reply #213 on: October 31, 2008, 10:55:07 am »
Positive mental attitude works wonders  :), still only early days for Redknapp at Spurs but their psychological attitude to their last couple of games certainly seems to have changed,

Hopefully Kuyt gets a rest this match and Torres is back with Babel playing down the right flank and Riera back on the left.
Try to sit on the fence and you're quickly exposed as a fraud, hiding your true feelings but fooling no one.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #214 on: October 31, 2008, 10:57:05 am »

Tot 0 - 2 Liverpool
Keane & Alonso
I fear this game is becoming more about the return of Robbie Keane to WHL than about the 3 points.

Might be an idea to start him on the bench if Torres is fit enough.

Offline Duffyk07

• Kemlynite
« Reply #215 on: October 31, 2008, 11:00:05 am »
we should be all right as long as we dont concede early - they will come at us and this will suit us, if Torres playsthen i see us destroying them on the counter - they got no good defensive midfielders to stop us playing our game

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: October 31, 2008, 11:00:53 am »
2-0 Pennant and Babel for liverpool
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline RedGirlSuzie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only hero we need!
« Reply #217 on: October 31, 2008, 11:02:00 am »
I fear this game is becoming more about the return of Robbie Keane to WHL than about the 3 points.

Agreed, possibley 45 minutes each, but definitely start with Torres.
On awaiting Everton's arrival for a derby game at Anfield, Shankly gave a box of toilet rolls to the doorman and said: 'Give them these when they arrive – they'll need them!'

What a legend this man is!

Offline Walter Sobchak

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Calmer than you are
« Reply #218 on: October 31, 2008, 11:03:18 am »
Ballbag says Torres should be on the bench

Offline Scribble8

• Bad WUM. Nu hĺllar sin käft, jävla wumjävel......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: October 31, 2008, 11:04:19 am »
Alonso for hattrick, no? Gerrard assist him.

Offline yafoy

• lazy git - sabu pundit on pot
  • Legacy Fan
  • a RED who occupies Europe
    • EuRED Liverpool UNofficial Supporters Network
« Reply #220 on: October 31, 2008, 11:08:43 am »
Stevie has looked tired last few games, Rafa mentioned it post Pompey game, could be a rare "rest day" for him, ?...if so?...maybe
            Pepe
Arby Carra dAgger  Aurelio
        Masch    Alonso
Benny     Keane     Riera
              Babel
Shanks: "Some people believe football is a matter of life and  death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that. - At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it"

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #221 on: October 31, 2008, 11:11:38 am »
Stevie has looked tired last few games, Rafa mentioned it post Pompey game, could be a rare "rest day" for him, ?...if so?...maybe
            Pepe
Arby Carra dAgger  Aurelio
        Masch    Alonso
Benny     Keane     Riera
              Babel

Can't see him resting our Captain and best player for a pivitol fixture in our season.

He's get lambasted if we didn't win.

Offline miss_heather

• hit_gorse
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nerd.
    • Twitter
« Reply #222 on: October 31, 2008, 11:14:40 am »

still though, I wouldn't want to play Torres for the whole match.
Eventhough I don't know if he is fully recovered, as hamstrings can keep coming back eg Michael Owen.

Lets hope Robbie wants to show the spurs fans why he left WHL as he is with a much better side now.
COME ON YOU REDMEN!!!!
:scarf

Offline kopforever

• Anny Roader
  • What we achieve in life echoes in eternity
« Reply #223 on: October 31, 2008, 11:32:19 am »
Yes I think he was right to make changes against Pompey. Keane and Riera both had muscle strains and so he had little choice but to put them on the bench. Rafa has also spoken recently of the need to take care of Mascherano, as he has been very fatigued from all the travelling to Argentina and as a result has had niggles such as a calf strain. As Portsmouth don't have a strong midfield it also made sense to change one of our defensive midfielders for a slightly more attacking one in Lucas. Finally Agger has been injured for a year and so he's sure to be feeling the effects of playing matches in a row. However I think the change made sense tactically more than anything. With Crouch as a lone striker there was always going to be the possibility of hundreds of long balls. Sami has the height to deal with it more effectively and he is also better in the air than Agger. As we have trained with Crouch for years, I would also think that Rafa would know which of his defenders is the most effective against him!

Every change made sense to me and was about either injury or tactics. I don't think Rafa "rotated" for the sake of it and so lots of the articles on this are a load of rubbish. Most of the ex-players who have spoken about it haven't even seemed to consider that we had two injuries, they've just jumped in to criticise without thinking why Rafa has made his selection choices.
[/quote]

I disagree in that I think Pompeys centre midfield is stronger than Spurs', though weaker out wide. Also Lucas didn't give us any more going forward than Masch does. He was right to rest Keane and Riera if not 100% but was a little surprised about Agger, even against Crouch we didn't need Sami in there, would have liked to keep some continuity in that position. Agger's played a few games now be surprised if he was fatigued.
I think I'll sit this one out in the safety cupboard

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #224 on: October 31, 2008, 11:46:03 am »
Lets hope Robbie wants to show the spurs fans why he left WHL as he is with a much better side now.
COME ON YOU REDMEN!!!!
:scarf
No.

Let's hope he is focussed on getting us 3 points in a tough away fixture so that we can maintain our momentum in the league.

Offline Evo1975

• Kopite
« Reply #225 on: October 31, 2008, 11:58:42 am »
Same team that started against chelsea for me, Nando on the Bench.

Need to expolit any set pieces we have as their keeper is fucking shite.

Come on you mighty fuckng red men.
Come on you mighty fucking red men!

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: October 31, 2008, 12:01:14 pm »
The rotation system is really adventurous...
Babel in at front... now imagien both babel and torres at front :o oh my goodness... it would be a goal frenzy...

I hope Pennant is in the starting line up...his corsses are really somethin'
reira and benayoun on the other flank..now that's what I call an attacking formation
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline Evo1975

• Kopite
« Reply #227 on: October 31, 2008, 12:03:24 pm »
The rotation system is really adventurous...
Babel in at front... now imagien both babel and torres at front :o oh my goodness... it would be a goal frenzy...

I hope Pennant is in the starting line up...his corsses are really somethin'
reira and benayoun on the other flank..now that's what I call an attacking formation

Are you fishing there or do you really want to play both Yossi and Riera on the left flank together????

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #228 on: October 31, 2008, 12:12:45 pm »
Did anyone else want to punch bentley during his post-match interview on Wed? Cant stand the little money grabbing twit

God yes, can't stand the sight of his smug-for-no-good-reason face.  :no
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline watyeonaboot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: October 31, 2008, 12:18:54 pm »
Can see us being under the cosh for long periods. Good thing is that Carra and Dagger are starting to build up a good partnership again, so I can't see a high scoring game.

Would be delighted to nick a 1-0 win here, it'll be tough.

As for anyone slagging off Rafa fuck off and support Chelsea you horrible c*nts

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: October 31, 2008, 12:19:50 pm »
Are you fishing there or do you really want to play both Yossi and Riera on the left flank together????

Ofcourse not mate..
I meant benayoun/reira in the starting position and benayoun comin on for reira in the second half..only pertainting (if that is a word) my thoughts...

Do you disapprove of my methods ?? :|

(Bill Shankly)

Offline 4-2-3-1

• dyscalculic
  • Kopite
« Reply #231 on: October 31, 2008, 12:21:52 pm »
Rafa Benitez ponders White Hart Lane return for Fernando Torres
OCT 31 2008 BY TONY BARRETT, LIVERPOOL ECHO

RAFA BENITEZ is weighing up whether or not to recall Fernando Torres to his squad for Liverpool's trip to White Hart Lane.

Reports had suggested the Spanish striker would be fit enough to make his return against Spurs tomorrow but Benitez is considering leaving Torres at Melwood to continue his recuperation from injury.

The 24-year-old has missed Liverpool's last four games with a hamstring strain picked up on international duty with Spain, and although he has now returned to training, the Reds boss is adamant he will not plunge his top scorer into action before he is totally ready.

In Torres' absence, Liverpool have won three and drawn one of those four games, even managing to inflict defeat on Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, and Rafa Benitez believes this proves he has a squad at his disposal which can cope with the loss of even its biggest names.

"In the past, perhaps we did not have the ability to cope because maybe we did not have the same quality," said the Reds boss.

"But now we have won some important games without some of our best players."We managed to beat Man United without Torres and Steven Gerrard was only fit enough to come on as a substitute late on in that game.

"Last week we won at Chelsea without Torres so that should give the players confidence that we can win games even when we have injuries.

"It could be better if Torres remains on Merseyside and does not travel with the squad for the Spurs game but we will see."

Daniel Agger, Javier Mascherano, Robbie Keane and Albert Riera are all likely to return to the starting line up after being rested for the midweek win over Portsmouth, but Benitez admits the form of some of his fringe players is giving him food for thought ahead of tomorrow's game.

He added: "The result against Portsmouth showed the depth and quality of our squad.

"We have competition for places and a great team spirit. "On Wednesday we changed four players and still won the game which is a good sign."We were able to protect a couple of players but now it is a bit more difficult for me because the other players who came into their side did their job and we won the game.

"As a manager you always want competition for places and we have that."

Offline watyeonaboot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: October 31, 2008, 12:21:56 pm »
God yes, can't stand the sight of his smug-for-no-good-reason face.  :no

So what did Wash N Go Boy say after the game? A lot of you seemed to have mentioned him here.

They've got a lot of weaknesses to exploit even if Bentley does get another goal like that.

As for anyone slagging off Rafa fuck off and support Chelsea you horrible c*nts

Offline Evo1975

• Kopite
« Reply #233 on: October 31, 2008, 12:24:17 pm »
Ofcourse not mate..
I meant benayoun/reira in the starting position and benayoun comin on for reira in the second half..only pertainting (if that is a word) my thoughts...

Do you disapprove of my methods ?? :|

No mate i just didnt understand them, Gotta atart with Riera me thinks, (same team that beat chelsea) Yossi is deffo more of an impact player, seems to be more productive coming of the bench.

Offline kopk1w1

• Loved the freedom, hated the responsibility.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: October 31, 2008, 12:33:27 pm »
Don't care who starts, or comes on or what.

Just lob the ball into their area.

Constantly.

Gomes is a bag of arse.

Unless Arry plays another keeper, in which case proceed with previous plan.
"Hands up who knows what way we're kicking ?"

(Rafa Benitez – Half time.
Ataturk Stadium. Istanbul.
25th May 2005)

Offline JohnnyDrama

• hey new members to RAWK: He's a really really annoying feedback tourist and thick. If you dont believe me, he even admitted it himself. Post-match angler
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #235 on: October 31, 2008, 12:34:28 pm »
Same team as Chelsea.

with Torres last 20mins.

Shot on target = goal.
Greatest Band in the world.

www.myspace.com/brandnew

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: October 31, 2008, 12:34:38 pm »
No mate i just didnt understand them, Gotta atart with Riera me thinks, (same team that beat chelsea) Yossi is deffo more of an impact player, seems to be more productive coming of the bench.

Hmm..you're right...riera seems to be abit slow... Benayoun had a great chance the other day... maybe riera for subs then? I just want to see how Babel plays as a forward and no ta wing..that's all.. Where he can score more goals..
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 12:47:46 pm by Snoopy29 »

(Bill Shankly)

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: October 31, 2008, 12:42:36 pm »

Don't put any money on it ;) I'm sure a few people will give him a cheer, but I'd be gobsmacked if there weren't a lot of boos as well. 2 months before joining Liverpool he picked up his player of the season award and declared he wanted to finish his career at Spurs. That makes him look a bit of a prick in my books!

Offline Robbie Styles

• Main Stander
    • Robbie Styles
« Reply #238 on: October 31, 2008, 12:52:15 pm »
We won this fixture last season, so I see no reason why we can not do it again.

Spurs are defensively crap at the moment & Gomes is very suspect, flapping at crosses/corners. Carragher & Agger should keep Bent & Pavlyuchenko quiet (Will be interesting to watch that match up). Plus Keane returning to WHL & in search of goal against his former club.

Obviously the Harry Redknapp factor should be taken into consideration, but the return of Nando on the pitch is to our advantage
Bill Shankly - 'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'

Offline yafoy

• lazy git - sabu pundit on pot
  • Legacy Fan
  • a RED who occupies Europe
    • EuRED Liverpool UNofficial Supporters Network
« Reply #239 on: October 31, 2008, 12:54:26 pm »
Can't see him resting our Captain and best player for a pivitol fixture in our season.

He's get lambasted if we didn't win.

C>to win the PL EVERY game will now on be "pivitol" ?...if SG is "match-tired" ..its maybe better to play with palyers that are fresher.. I know theres a lot of "Arry hype" ..but spurs are at the bottom of the PL, I am of the opinion that we can rest our Capt. against a team at the opposite end of the PL, if he needs it??..otherwise he might make mistakes or get injured whilst not at his sharpest..theres 28 more Pl (and hopefulllky several Cl) games, at least we need him for too???
Shanks: "Some people believe football is a matter of life and  death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that. - At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it"