Author Topic: The Daniel Sturridge  (Read 287833 times)

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
Re: The Daniel Sturridge
« Reply #1160 on: November 13, 2018, 07:50:46 am »
Absolutely, it winds me up endlessly that little break before kick-off on Sky or BT when they go for the betting advert, football does not need so much money from these blood suckers. Another thing I will say amazing how proactive the media suddenly are on this story, yet at the same time are willing to wipe the City stuff under the carpet. Hypocrites the lot of them.
I'm a betting man, or at least I was before getting restricted by virtually every bookmaker, and it sickens me to see these bastards with their adverts which seem to be absolutely fucking EVERYWHERE. I want to see their ads go the same way as cigarette ads but I won't hold my breath; too much money at stake.

I'm also wound up by the 'chummy, your mates are having a bet why don't you?' tone they take as well. People with risk-taking or addictive tendencies can easily be hooked in. Once you are losing, there are zero protections. All this 'When the Fun Stops, Stop.' is nonsense. Do you tell alcoholics to simply 'stop having a drink' or drug addicts to simply 'stop injecting yourself with heroin'? Addicts won't stop without serious help.

As I've learned, when you win, you get restricted pretty quickly. I've read numerous horror stories where losers get zero help even though the bookmakers are supposed to help. Reading Tony 10, a book about an addict who lost everything, was awful and infuriating. Tony posted losses of €1.75m overall, almost all with Paddy Power. One day, when the site was down, Paddy Power himself rang Tony to help him place bets. Vile  :wanker

Anyway, hope Danny doesnt get into too much trouble over this. Also, 100% agreed on the City coverage, or lack of. Player does something (apparently) silly, run him into the ground. Shady owners of football club involved in torture, and cheating financially to win. Not a peep.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1161 on: November 13, 2018, 07:53:45 am »
Also, lovely of the FA to chum the water without a shred of detail

Like i said before amazing this happens when the team is going great guns and threatening to win the league.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1162 on: November 13, 2018, 07:55:49 am »
Could have told someone he expected Westbrom  to be relegated and why he thought so
The breach took place in January, he signed for West Brom Jan 29

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1163 on: November 13, 2018, 07:58:13 am »
Its not about bets, Sky News said it about giving information about Players, managers, formations and tactics.

For me that is even worse than making bets.

I was a little sceptical about the story, but now Sky News have the inside track it all becomes clearer :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1164 on: November 13, 2018, 07:59:30 am »
The breach took place in January, he signed for West Brom Jan 29

So?

'Mr Sturridge, you are accused of telling a friend that West Brom are shit, how do you plead?'
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1165 on: November 13, 2018, 07:59:41 am »
Its not about bets, Sky News said it about giving information about Players, managers, formations and tactics.

Sky News? You are taking your advice from that bunch of arses? They are wrong about run of the mill things most days of the week, it will take something more than Sky News for me to believe anything about anyone. Time will tell, but can't believe you'd take anything they say with any belief.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1166 on: November 13, 2018, 08:22:57 am »
So?

'Mr Sturridge, you are accused of telling a friend that West Brom are shit, how do you plead?'
I'm saying I doubt it was anything to do with relegation or West Brom games. The transfer does seem most likely.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1167 on: November 13, 2018, 08:27:02 am »

Its about a flurry of bets placed about him moving to West Brom. Backed from 66/1 into short odds with Paddy power. That would probably be a few hundred quid knowing those leeches.

Online naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1168 on: November 13, 2018, 08:30:00 am »
Its about a flurry of bets placed about him moving to West Brom. Backed from 66/1 into short odds with Paddy power. That would probably be a few hundred quid knowing those leeches.
Newcastle were the bookies favourites for his destination at the time and West Brom outsiders but monies were lumped on West Brom .
It could be as innocent as him telling a mate who passed it on.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1169 on: November 13, 2018, 08:34:05 am »
Newcastle were the bookies favourites for his destination at the time and West Brom outsiders but monies were lumped on West Brom .
It could be as innocent as him telling a mate who passed it on.

Something of that ilk I'd say. Funnily enough I was told by an Everton supporting friend to back Pickford to go there not long before he joined. I didn't but this sort of info sometimes leaks.

Offline Runehammer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1170 on: November 13, 2018, 08:36:22 am »
Why should he? People change jobs all the time, telling friends and family before their employers i.e. it becomes common knowledge. If indeed, Daniel has told someone that he was heading to WBA before it was announced and they’ve had a bet on it, where do you think the problem lies? For me it’s with the betting companies for having markets on just about anything - even on situations where people will know the outcome before a bet is deemed to have won or lost.

I don’t place bets, it’s a mug’s game, but my sympathies are with the mugs who are hooked and broke rather than the blood sucking parasitic betting companies

Yes I completely agree with this.  What are people supposed to do? Walk around with gags 24/7 since it seems even accidentally letting this slip leaves you wide open (someone overhearing or something).

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1171 on: November 13, 2018, 08:46:00 am »
if it is about him moving, and someone he told, or told by someone he told, then surely it's a case of them having to prove Sturridge told them with the knowledge they were then going to go out and put a bet on?

I mean he can't be expected to not tell anyone at all about moving jobs. That's ludicrous.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1172 on: November 13, 2018, 08:50:09 am »
Can’t see them proving he told somebody to make a bet on it

Gut feeling is they must think he had a bet on something football related ?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 09:17:41 am by rocco »

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1173 on: November 13, 2018, 09:16:44 am »

Unless the person betting was stupid enough to be a relative.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1174 on: November 13, 2018, 09:18:55 am »

Gut feeling is they must think he had a bet on something football related ?
This is an FA charge, they don't need proof or evidence to convict someone. The 'balance of probability' is enough for them.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1175 on: November 13, 2018, 09:18:57 am »

But surely they've still got to prove Sturridge knew they were going to bet using the information to do him for it. Or you open up a can or worms that you can't tell family members you're moving jobs/where you live until after the fact.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1176 on: November 13, 2018, 09:19:13 am »
Still can’t see that’s enough to great him in serious trouble

Wondering  do they think he had a bet on something football related

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #1177 on: November 13, 2018, 09:31:55 am »
What if his missus has told someone - would be be in the shit for telling his wife.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1178 on: November 13, 2018, 09:53:44 am »
What if his missus has told someone - would be be in the shit for telling his wife.

Apparently his dog overheard him on the phone, his dog then told the dog down the street and then the dog whisperer got the info and leaked it immediately to Sky News.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #1179 on: November 13, 2018, 09:57:23 am »
This is an FA charge, they don't need proof or evidence to convict someone. The 'balance of probability' is enough for them.

99% conviction rate once charged wasn't it?

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #1180 on: November 13, 2018, 09:59:32 am »
The more important point being that if you were going to West Brom would you really be telling anyone?
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1181 on: November 13, 2018, 10:05:32 am »
Most people who have been charged for betting offences tend to have had fines and warnings. Barton was an exception, partly because he’s an easy target but also because he’d made hundreds of bets. Some Lincoln player got a 6 month ban but think he had been betting on games he’d been playing in.

Even if he’s charged and ‘convicted’ it hopefully shouldn’t be too severe.

As said though it does just highlight how stupid and hypocritical the betting on transfers market is.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1182 on: November 13, 2018, 10:08:25 am »
99% conviction rate once charged wasn't it?

1%= John Terry

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1183 on: November 13, 2018, 10:17:07 am »
I'm mates with a player in League Two. I knew about his last 2 moves before most other people because we talked about it as mates do. I didn't do anything with that information but you can see how easy it would be for someone to go and throw some money on it. I think that's what has happened. Danny has told someone or someone has found out from a mate or a member of family and they've lumped some money on it without giving it a second thought

I can't see someone who is so openly religious knowingly doing something like that

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1184 on: November 13, 2018, 10:18:19 am »
1%= John Terry

Think he was banned by the FA. It was a court of law who found him not guilty. Or has my memory completely given up on me?!

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1185 on: November 13, 2018, 10:31:03 am »

I can't see someone who is so openly religious knowingly doing something like that

Ahh. Yes. These religious people, especially those very open, would never go against God and do something as bad as illegally gamble!

Shouldn’t this just be locked until we know more?
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1186 on: November 13, 2018, 10:35:49 am »
sounds like Suarez-Evra again

how many times have we seen odds plummet for something transfer wise, Sky are notorious for it. Frank Ribery anyone?

however id imagine one thing they would go through would be phone records, if he texted someone about the deal although that could be quite dumb

the odds could have tumbled for a simple reason like him being spotted at West Broms ground or something

see what comes of it anyway. A charge usually is a slam dunk with FA, kangeroo court
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 10:39:02 am by Hellrazor »
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1187 on: November 13, 2018, 10:36:55 am »
This is messed up. They want you not to have friends and family. Of course you're going to talk with friends and family members about your work, unless you're a fucking spy.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1188 on: November 13, 2018, 10:38:39 am »
Think he was banned by the FA. It was a court of law who found him not guilty. Or has my memory completely given up on me?!
he got a 4 game ban for the incident with anton Ferdinand.

Suarez got 8, the reason it was double was he was supposed to have said it multiple times.

Terry was acquitted legally
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #1189 on: November 13, 2018, 10:49:58 am »
This is messed up. They want you not to have friends and family. Of course you're going to talk with friends and family members about your work, unless you're a fucking spy.

Whilst it's frustrating that very little detail has emerged about this incident we, as fans, should probably keep our powder dry before making too much comment. That goes for anyone criticising Sturridge but equally anyone suggesting the premise of the FA charge is ludicrous. I know the latter is difficult given our dealings with the FA on previous occasions but it's probably the best course of action. On the former, Daniel Sturridge has provided very little evidence of being ill disciplined or being someone who would bring the game into disrepute during his career. As such, at the moment, anyone criticising him probably needs to reel it in a bit.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1190 on: November 13, 2018, 11:22:02 am »
He probably bet at HT he would tear Chelsea a new one in dying minutes.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1191 on: November 13, 2018, 11:27:16 am »
He probably bet at HT he would tear Chelsea a new one in dying minutes.

He did, and he told Klopp. And Klopp cashed out after 87 minutes, that's why he's not getting much playing time.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1192 on: November 13, 2018, 11:33:48 am »
In the betting thread some of us had bets on Ings to stay and one of us knew his agent through a mutual friend and asked to find out what was going on. The agent didn't reveal anything, llhad he done so I would have smashed into it. Moral of the story, it really can be quite lucrative so Sturridge needs to be careful in future who he tells,if that is indeed the case

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1193 on: November 13, 2018, 11:34:52 am »
I can’t muster any enthusiasm for this story. If he’s given info to mate and the mate has acted on it then it’s absurd being punished for it, take the slap on the wrist and move on. He’s hardly masterminding some betting syndicate.

same here, sounds utterly ridiculous.

But so typical of the FA that this is the sort of thing they want making the news rather than one of their clubs being utterly corrupt and owned by scum.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1194 on: November 13, 2018, 11:41:50 am »
This really is cake and eat it from betting companies.
Surely by offering a market, they must accept the risk that sometimes things leak out.

If Sturridge told his mates, his family etc that he was going to West Brom so lump on, then fair enough.In the financial world he's insider dealing and that would be dealt with.
If on the other hand some info got out, and that could be a canteen lady overhearing something, it could be him buying a sausage roll from the Greggs outside the Hawthorns or anything. Then that would be a bit harsh.

I don't like these markets anyway, but the companies must be aware that the market will be driven by information.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1195 on: November 13, 2018, 11:46:59 am »
if it is about him moving, and someone he told, or told by someone he told, then surely it's a case of them having to prove Sturridge told them with the knowledge they were then going to go out and put a bet on?

I mean he can't be expected to not tell anyone at all about moving jobs. That's ludicrous.

Exactly, that's my thinking too. If that's the case and reason for the charges, then it's weird. Of course you have to be able to speak with your family or friends about where you might be moving, or changing jobs to.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1196 on: November 13, 2018, 12:13:18 pm »

You’d think that, but ridiculously the rule does not read that way.

‘A player shall not bet, either directly or indirectly, or instruct, permit, cause or enable any person to bet on.....any other matter concerning or related to football anywhere in the world’

If he has told someone he is moving to West Brom then he will be found guilty, regardless of whether or not betting was mentioned, because that is how the FA works. He will have caused someone to place a bet.

It’s an insane rule that would be instantly dismissed if it got taken to the higher courts, but no club or player would ever take it that far.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1197 on: November 13, 2018, 12:13:53 pm »
I can’t muster any enthusiasm for this story. If he’s given info to mate and the mate has acted on it then it’s absurd being punished for it, take the slap on the wrist and move on. He’s hardly masterminding some betting syndicate. 
same for me.

Online capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #1198 on: November 13, 2018, 12:55:24 pm »
Can, anyone point me in the direction of bookies  limitations? as in, i know it obviously has to be written in stone that a bookie shall not alter his odds on a certain outcome once he/she had been  informed that the situation will change ..

Look,. bookies are parasites, and they deserve to be reamed up the arse, without mercy..the FA have no dog in this fight unless the dog is paying untold amounts into the FA coffers
JFT 96

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1199 on: November 13, 2018, 01:42:33 pm »

I stand corrected. 

Bookies are parasites and I doubt they took much money on this. It's a ridiculous market anyway. There's numerous people involved in a transfer that could pass on info.