Author Topic: Spotify  (Read 59938 times)

Offline King Tay

• Kopite
  • F**k Off Lampard!!!
Re: Spotify
« Reply #280 on: January 1, 2011, 08:32:33 pm »

Offline OneKop

• Kopite
« Reply #281 on: January 2, 2011, 01:12:09 pm »
Right, is it worth getting a premium account? also i have a couple of daughters who are the usual daft heads with anything music :butt

Would i have to get a account for each person {same house} or could they use my account? also what if they were using it at the same time as each other, would it cause conflicts on the account?

Have downloaded the free version and it seems a good little program, had a quick flirt through some of the older songs for the Mrs, probably have to put it on her iPad {if its out for that} 

But the point is, there could {potentially} be FIVE people on it at the same time.

Any help
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Offline Mikuss

• Dynamo Midfielder
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • PSN- Mikuss
« Reply #282 on: January 2, 2011, 01:18:30 pm »
Right, is it worth getting a premium account? also i have a couple of daughters who are the usual daft heads with anything music :butt

Would i have to get a account for each person {same house} or could they use my account? also what if they were using it at the same time as each other, would it cause conflicts on the account?

Have downloaded the free version and it seems a good little program, had a quick flirt through some of the older songs for the Mrs, probably have to put it on her iPad {if its out for that} 

But the point is, there could {potentially} be FIVE people on it at the same time.

Any help
As ar as I'm aware it's one account per computer mate, so if you use the same computer you'll be able to use the same profile. Otherwise to use it simultaniously you'll need seperate accounts.

Offline OneKop

• Kopite
« Reply #283 on: January 2, 2011, 01:25:57 pm »
So it would turn out a bit expensive then, they all use their own computers :o

Offline Mikuss

• Dynamo Midfielder
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • PSN- Mikuss
« Reply #284 on: January 2, 2011, 01:39:45 pm »
So it would turn out a bit expensive then, they all use their own computers :o
They do offer a free version if you just want it for your computer and you won't be copying them to a device. It's limited to so much a month so it really depends on how often you'd be using it.

Offline OneKop

• Kopite
« Reply #285 on: January 2, 2011, 01:59:17 pm »
They do offer a free version if you just want it for your computer and you won't be copying them to a device. It's limited to so much a month so it really depends on how often you'd be using it.

Thanks for the help, will have a good scout around on the net, see if there is anyway of getting around it.

Offline Buzz Killington

• Winner of RAWK's sexiest adolescent, as awarded by the Rt. Hon. CJ Parker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: January 2, 2011, 08:09:35 pm »
I'm glad this has been bumped actually, I've had Spotify for about a year now but recently when I try to use it I get an "internal error 1" message. I tried removing and reinstalling it but I keep getting the same thing. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance. :)

Offline Cribertinokes

• Born free. Live free. Die.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #287 on: January 2, 2011, 08:17:52 pm »
anyone tried grooveshark? I think it's much better than spotify, free and no adverts between songs!
These are the days when I hate the world, hate the rich, hate the happy, hate the complacent, the TV watchers, beer drinkers, the satisfied ones. Because I know I can be all of those little hateful things and then I hate myself for realising that.

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
« Reply #288 on: January 2, 2011, 09:05:20 pm »
anyone tried grooveshark? I think it's much better than spotify, free and no adverts between songs!

Have they revised the UI recently? Because it was the reason I went with Spotify over that.

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: January 2, 2011, 09:12:43 pm »

Ive used Grooveshark for around a year now, simply put it is brilliant! I haven't downloaded a song since I discovered it, if I want to listen to music I can just play it through my computer or Playstation3 and if I'm out and about I can just use the app to listen to music it's really useful and really handy in my opinion, Ive always been able to find any song I want as well, I think there are about 10million+ songs on it?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: January 2, 2011, 09:15:31 pm »
Have they revised the UI recently? Because it was the reason I went with Spotify over that.

Yes I think they have, well I have no problem with the UI anyway, search bar in the middle playlists on the left, with recently played songs at the bottom.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96

Offline Mikuss

• Dynamo Midfielder
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • PSN- Mikuss
« Reply #291 on: January 2, 2011, 09:28:46 pm »
I heard about Grooveshark ages ago and used it for a while, the problem I had though was that most of it seemed to be user edited as there would be albums with incorrect names and missing songs. Is that as much of a problem anymore?

Offline neilem

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: January 3, 2011, 01:15:39 pm »
Anyone know any good playlists for Spotify apart from the RAWK one?

Offline Mikuss

• Dynamo Midfielder
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • PSN- Mikuss
« Reply #293 on: January 3, 2011, 01:18:37 pm »
Anyone know any good playlists for Spotify apart from the RAWK one?
I've been listening to this one recently, top 32 albums of 2010 as voted by some users on reddit.com
http://open.spotify.com/user/frengeronreddit/playlist/4M3f4msgDYGyyjKHDTipYQ

Offline neilem

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: January 3, 2011, 02:11:03 pm »
I've been listening to this one recently, top 32 albums of 2010 as voted by some users on reddit.com
http://open.spotify.com/user/frengeronreddit/playlist/4M3f4msgDYGyyjKHDTipYQ
Thanks... though, the trouble with full albums will be plenty of filler tracks bundled into them. Any good playlists akin to the RAWK one with only individual tracks?

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: January 3, 2011, 02:52:43 pm »
I heard about Grooveshark ages ago and used it for a while, the problem I had though was that most of it seemed to be user edited as there would be albums with incorrect names and missing songs. Is that as much of a problem anymore?

Can be, but I've found the only problem is incomplete albums. Never seen incorrect names or anything like that. What I tend to do is create playlists for each album I want to listen to and add each song of the album individually takes a little longer but once you have all the songs from the album in a playlist it's there for ever and really easy to browse through and play.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96

Offline Anything Will Do

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: April 3, 2011, 04:52:57 pm »
Is there any way of downloading songs from spotify? So I can put them on my ipod and that?

There's a few songs ive found on there that I really want, but can't find them anywhere else

Offline guapa

• Anny Roader
« Reply #297 on: April 13, 2011, 01:54:46 pm »
Could someone kind enough PM me a code if they have one. Thanks.

Offline Mavis Cruet

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welsh Wool
« Reply #298 on: April 13, 2011, 05:08:24 pm »

You don't need one do you?
http://www.spotify.com/uk/get-spotify/overview/

Offline KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: April 13, 2011, 05:11:59 pm »
He might mean for full access
AMF

Offline kev_goss

• Lost: Remote control puppy. Please help reunite a tearful child with his pride and joy
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Goodnight sweet girl gonna miss you
« Reply #300 on: April 13, 2011, 08:22:43 pm »

PM me your email ill send you an invite.
It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.
Dalai Lama

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: May 20, 2012, 03:59:25 pm »
Quick question, do you need a pay account for Shuffle to work? Can't seem to get it to work on the free version...
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #302 on: November 13, 2012, 02:25:36 pm »
Has been finally launched in the Rep of Ireland today

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: November 14, 2012, 11:12:07 am »
bloody hell i started this thread years ago. premium member now and have a student card so get 50% off. best fiver i spend every month and use it daily on iphone/ipad/pc still no beatles and very little oasis. no ac/dc either
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #304 on: November 14, 2012, 03:12:40 pm »
Used to love this, but found it uses p2p and maxes the fuck out of your data/bandwidth, they're sneaky c*nts like that. Cancelled it.

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Factor Winner 2012 - it's a rap, folks!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: July 15, 2013, 04:41:16 pm »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/jul/15/thom-yorke-spotify-twitter

Don't much care for Yorke, but he's spot on with this. I've had over 1000 plays on one of my tunes and recieved about a quarter for it before pulling it off there and switching to Bandcamp only.

It's sad, as it's so convenient for users to find anything we want, but as an artist, it's a massive ripoff.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #306 on: July 15, 2013, 04:44:14 pm »
Any non premium account users notice a dip in sound quality lately?

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: July 15, 2013, 05:06:15 pm »

Don't much care for Yorke, but he's spot on with this. I've had over 1000 plays on one of my tunes and recieved about a quarter for it before pulling it off there and switching to Bandcamp only.

It's sad, as it's so convenient for users to find anything we want, but as an artist, it's a massive ripoff.

Just out of intrest what would you receive for a million listens? Is there a payment structure??
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: July 15, 2013, 06:31:09 pm »
Just out of intrest what would you receive for a million listens? Is there a payment structure??

I'm not sure; I go through a service (TuneCore) that caters to very small bands and labels putting them on online distribution sites like Spotify, iTunes, Amazon, etc. If I was going through IODA (the Orchard) that services bigger indie labels and acts, I'd get a bit more. Major labels get way more. I'm pretty sure at that level, they negotiate separately on a per-artist basis and the artists are at least a little bit reimbursed.

Though they owe their major labels for life, so it's not very likely that they are flush with cash off a million Spotify streams either.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #309 on: July 15, 2013, 06:33:55 pm »

That Guardian article suggests a royalty payment of £3800 for a million plays.

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: July 15, 2013, 06:36:32 pm »
That Guardian article suggests a royalty payment of £3800 for a million plays.

That's the average, which could not really be a fair representation of the spread.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #311 on: July 15, 2013, 06:38:23 pm »

On the plus side, the suicide rate wil probably drop now.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: July 15, 2013, 06:42:23 pm »
On the plus side, the suicide rate wil probably drop now.

I had a million dollar idea after attending one of their gigs.

Set up crying tents. Charge a tenner per five minutes. Watch the dollars roll in.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #313 on: July 15, 2013, 07:03:32 pm »
Same old story the artists get ripped off. Instead of creating they should try and focus in on screwing people over, but they dont really have a chance when some do it as their job.

Offline aggerdid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: July 15, 2013, 08:05:24 pm »
Musics shit now anyway. Leave spotify alone

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #315 on: July 15, 2013, 11:04:55 pm »
Musics shit now anyway. Leave spotify alone
Oh dear....

That comment is the ultimate sign of ageing .....

Alright grandad ;)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: July 15, 2013, 11:05:20 pm »
I like how they brag about paying out $500m, that doesn't seem like an awful lot considering almost every man and his dog pay for it.

I just use it for free and when my free hours run out for the week I switch to grooveshark. It's a far superior service but less choice unfortunately.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #317 on: July 15, 2013, 11:10:33 pm »
I just use it for free and when my free hours run out for the week I switch to grooveshark. It's a far superior service but less choice unfortunately.
You can still use it for free, only you'll have to listen to ads, they average one every four songs Id say.

Offline aggerdid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: July 15, 2013, 11:27:43 pm »
Oh dear....

That comment is the ultimate sign of ageing .....

Alright grandad ;)
i'm only 20 haha. Musics in hibernation till cowells brought to justice.

Either that or a band of northerners decide to capture the countries imagination again. I've had many conversations about this but some probably aren't suitable for the internet. I just think musics feminine now. Women listen to it because they're women. Men listen to it so they can fuck said women. Like mumford and sons are one of britains biggest bands now. Thats just not good enough. I like what miles kane is doing at the minute

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #319 on: July 15, 2013, 11:43:50 pm »
i'm only 20 haha. Musics in hibernation till cowells brought to justice.

Either that or a band of northerners decide to capture the countries imagination again. I've had many conversations about this but some probably aren't suitable for the internet. I just think musics feminine now. Women listen to it because they're women. Men listen to it so they can fuck said women. Like mumford and sons are one of britains biggest bands now. Thats just not good enough. I like what miles kane is doing at the minute
You know, shit music has always been more popular than good music? Save for the odd occasions. Have a flick through the chart toppers of the 60's and 70's  its mainly 99% shit and about in line with the average now. Engelbert Humperdinck kept "Strawberry Fields" off number one, just think about that for a moment. Politically incorrect comedians were regular chart toppers with novelty hits, but they tend not to mention that in those BBC4 documentaries. Selective memory and nostalgia has had a major effect in skewing what has always been the popular music consensus, it has mainly been rubbish. Just like now.