The Liverpool FC Forum > Technology and Science

Monitor for my comp not working, advice needed

(1/10) > >>

Wewonit6times:
Hey all, on the comp upstairs everytime I start up the computer the monitor just goes off after about 30seconds, comp stays on but the monitor just goes to a blank black sceen like it would when its turned off. I've switched over the monitors yet it does exactly the same with a different monitor, it was letting me on for about 5mins last night and then it'd go black but now it only takes about 30seconds, and obviously because theres no screen after 30secs you cant go into the settings and have a look around. Anyone got any ideas of what it might be? Ive checked all the sockets and they all seem fine. Could it be that safe mode thing? As the computer seems to stop loading straight away aswell?

Cheers all.

RedZen:
boot up in safe mode and check the resolution. set it to a low one, say 800 by 600 and restart as normal.  Then, feck around withthe res settings using the TEST button, then you will know if the monitor can handle the set res.
Alternativley, let some jumped up IT gimp offer his/her services to repair said pc/monitor at a small fee of £120 p/h. 

Wewonit6times:

--- Quote from: RedZen on December 22, 2005, 11:39:43 am ---boot up in safe mode and check the resolution. set it to a low one, say 800 by 600 and restart as normal.  Then, feck around withthe res settings using the TEST button, then you will know if the monitor can handle the set res.
Alternativley, let some jumped up IT gimp offer his/her services to repair said pc/monitor at a small fee of £120 p/h. 

--- End quote ---

Cheers mate. How do you boot it up in safe mode? Im pretty clueless on this sort of stuff as you can tell ;)

RedZen:

--- Quote from: Wewonit5times on December 22, 2005, 11:40:51 am ---Cheers mate. How do you boot it up in safe mode? Im pretty clueless on this sort of stuff as you can tell ;)

--- End quote ---

Hit F8 on windows startup splash screen, then you'll get a DOS boot menu and you can choose safe mode

Wewonit6times:
Cheers mate, thanks a lot ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version