Author Topic: The Young Ones Thread  (Read 18357 times)

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
Re: The Young Ones Thread
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2013, 10:08:50 pm »

Just remembered one other... can't remember his name but he was an off-kilter cult comedian/singer songwriter, Scottish I think, and he did some song whilst the young ones were all sleeping rough in a backyard, slapping his head and a money pouch wrapped round his front. Great ditty.
John Otway.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2013, 10:09:50 pm »
John Otway.

That's the fella! Was wracking my brains.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2013, 10:11:30 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zozseflZ55E?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zozseflZ55E?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3</a>

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2013, 10:24:07 pm »
haha! love that headbutt at the end.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2013, 10:51:44 pm »
Look, dawn's coming up.

Hi, dawn.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2013, 10:00:30 am »
The revision scene on the train is without doubt one of, if not my favourite scenes ever!

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2013, 10:06:16 am »
MAN #2: Anything yet, Mr. B?

MAN #1: Nope. No, nothing!

MAN #2: Well, there must be something!

MAN #1: Nope! Not a sausage! Look, why won't you let me take the lens cap off?

MAN #2: Because they're not real binocoliers ! There's no point in taking them off!

MAN #1: Well, why can't we have a real pair of binocoliers for a change?

MAN #2: Because then the aliens would know that we're watching them, wouldn't they?

MAN #1: But, we're not watching them!

MAN #2: Yeah, but they're not to know that, are they?

MAN #1: This may sound like a stupid question: Lip nip nip nip bip?

MAN #2: Yes, it does.

MAN #1: I thought so. Look, what are we really doing here? Really?

MAN #2: Look, don't ask me! Ask the Manpower Services Commission!

To this day, I still say the word binoculars as it's said in this sketch, binocoliers .

Offline Mivi

• Strawberry-flavoured Jayne Torvill ; 3,000,000 not out
  • Legacy Fan
  • By the way..........It's been emotional.
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2013, 10:41:21 am »
Whenever someone says "Oh! Is that the time!?"

I still reply with; No, time is an abstract concept. That is a wristwatch/clock
It's cause he loks like a badger. Women fucking love badgers.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2013, 10:51:00 am »
Bambi was always my favourite episode as a kid, esp the bit with Vyvyan's head on the track and his body spouting blood trying to find it :D

And in the final episode when they're all sitting in the garden. Rik: "Strange, how a ruthless sadistic young maniac like Vyvyan should care for a begonia"

Boomshanka!
We are a team of one half.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2013, 11:31:44 am »
The revision scene on the train is without doubt one of, if not my favourite scenes ever!
Crop rotation in the 14th Century. "Oooh, don't tell me" :lmao

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/12W34XWIQwU&amp;noredirect=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/12W34XWIQwU&amp;noredirect=1</a>
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2013, 11:56:33 am »
Mike: Rick, Your parents died this morning.

Rick: My parents are dead? I can't believe it.

Neil: And you think that's bad?

Rick: Well yes I do actually what's it to you piss face?
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2013, 09:41:41 pm »
To this day, I still say the word binoculars as it's said in this sketch, binocoliers .

So do I! So much so that the properly pronounced version I get tongue tied with. I just keep wanting to put that 'L' in there. It's daft the number of phrases, and nuances have become part of my natural vocabulary from the young ones. If I'm asked the time by the wife I'll occasionally put on a lit face and say 'half past 5!'. In the clip above, I'll sometimes pause between 'bugger' and 'all'. Little things like... 'I've got all the Sunday Papers to get through.' ('I'm going out to get the papers get the papers' from Goodfellas appears too). Coca Cola cans in fridges... 'I bet you someone drinks that.'... 'Ooooh naaah.... not enough colour y'know what I mean?'

My brother shared a flat with the 'Bastard's the name, but you can call me Right Bleeding, all my friends do, well did' TV detector man actor at the time. I thought that was amazing. 'No more telly'.

Little bits just crop up idly in conversation, and you do it just to amuse yourself.

Finally... who's been tampering with my question cards?

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2013, 09:53:58 pm »
I used to hold a cassette recorder up to the tv speaker, and would listen to it endlessly. There was always that one fella 'in the audience' with the loudest laugh.

Loved this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/m4EZ6KBY55M?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/m4EZ6KBY55M?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

and can't find the 'choo choo train's gonna break his back... we used to call him spot, but now he's called splat... that's the kind of persons we areeee. Oh baby won't you come home with me.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2013, 04:10:56 pm »
What's a Ftumch?

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2013, 04:34:29 pm »
Ive actually got the rather racist version of this. The cornflakes one, or is that standard?
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Raheems Baby Boy

• .....with the emphasis on baby. Wanna be gangsta thinkin' he's a wiseguy.....
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2013, 07:56:11 pm »
i love this but its dated badly, doesnt stand the test of time, still love it though.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2013, 08:15:57 pm »
Loved the Young ones, it doesn't make me laugh as much as it used to but it's still good.
Best bit for me was when theres a gap in the stairs and the council inspector (?) walks down ,falls through, lands on his feet and just looks around like WTF then just continues to talk :D loads of others cone to mind too
My mate used to always put the videos on when we come back from a club, me and him would be pissing ourselves but a lot of the others (especially the females) fucking hated it.

Used to love Rab C Nesbitt aswell

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2013, 08:42:50 pm »
What's a Ftumch?

;D

Ive actually got the rather racist version of this. The cornflakes one, or is that standard?

Cornflakes for breakfast!? That's disgusting. There was that little 'back of the cornflakes pack' sketch too... 'Tent... Camp... Gay. Now you've got to admit, that is funny.'

And who remembers the blip-verts? I can the green frog and I can see credits to some movie, and that's about it.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2013, 12:12:50 pm »
Hey Viv, You dancing?

You asking?

I'm asking!

Well piss off.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2013, 12:17:46 pm »
Sausages and plants and goldfish

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2013, 01:35:00 pm »

That's white man's electricity you're burning ringing that bell..... Oh sorry John thought you were a .........

I believe it's been taken out of repeats on the TV - i think they've got rid of it on the DVD's as well (I know Filthy, Rich and Catflap was cut to fuck when that finally appeared).  Might still find it on the internet. 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 01:37:05 pm by Ziltoid »

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2013, 02:07:16 pm »
It's not a Ferret its a pig!

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2013, 11:55:21 pm »
Sausages and plants and goldfish

A best mate from school put out an EP called 'Sausages, Plants and Goldfish.'

I don't fly on planes much anymore, but when you're belted up, and the wife is next to you and you're about to set off, and she's nervous, and you're trying not to be nervous for her sake and playing it cool - just thinking about the gin and tonic that you'll need in 15 minutes time... with a straight face, 'Wow... I really hope we don't have a crash.'

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jwm1xkExlG4?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Jwm1xkExlG4?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3</a>

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #103 on: November 22, 2013, 10:46:45 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/i_0qTmQOpOA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/i_0qTmQOpOA</a>

Dog Day Afternoon

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: November 22, 2013, 10:52:30 am »
That's white man's electricity you're burning ringing that bell..... Oh sorry John thought you were a .........

I believe it's been taken out of repeats on the TV - i think they've got rid of it on the DVD's as well (I know Filthy, Rich and Catflap was cut to fuck when that finally appeared).  Might still find it on the internet. 

Yea thats the one, ive got it on video somewhere :)
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #105 on: November 22, 2013, 10:52:37 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nd79AJWHMDI#t=66" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nd79AJWHMDI#t=66</a>

They're dubbing that sound on that's never real

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2013, 10:56:30 am »
Yea thats the one, ive got it on video somewhere :)

"oooh, have we got a video?"

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2013, 10:58:07 am »
RICK: [worriedly]: What are you doing down there, Neil?
NEIL: [sounding depressed]: Queuing.

RICK: How long have you been there?

NEIL: 30 years.

RICK: You've been listening, haven't you Neil? You've been squatting there listening to what I've been doing in the bath! Is that how you get your kicks these days? It is, isn't it, you little perv-y!

NEIL: I wasn't listening. Anyway, what were you doing?

RICK: I wasn't doing anything.

NEIL: Well, I can't have heard anything, can I?

RICK: And anyway Neil, don't think that me, Mike and Vyvyan don't know exactly what you get up to in there. So I wouldn't go around spilling the beans if I was you!

NEIL: [now very worried]: What do you know about the beans?

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2013, 10:59:55 am »

YES WE'VE GOT A VIDEO.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2013, 11:09:57 am »
I reckon a decent percentage of 40-45 year old blokes in Britain will know the scripts of The Young Ones inside out, we can all share this together along with the love of Joey Deacon.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2013, 11:14:04 am »
Oooohhhhhh ive not heard that name for a very long time. Hell of an insult if i was called him at school. How times change. ( for the better obviously )

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2013, 06:05:38 pm »
:D

I still say that anytime someone says the word video along with when someone says 'exaggeration' then I always come out with the 'i've told you a million times don't exaggerate' and anyone called Helen is automatically in my head Helen Back

For some unexplained reason I also say at totally random moments 'see you teddy bear come here',  'i've got a Porsche, ha' and 'we sow the seeds etc'

Drugs and alcohol have a lot to answer for :D

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2013, 08:04:08 pm »
I reckon a decent percentage of 40-45 year old blokes in Britain will know the scripts of The Young Ones inside out, we can all share this together along with the love of Joey Deacon.
Do you really think that anyone has ever been the slightest bit interested in anything you say or do ever?

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: November 23, 2013, 09:13:04 am »
Wouldn't it be terrible if we had to eat each other? Ermm like on that programme we ended up having to eat each other

Offline Thush

• Spawwow, Tit. Anal Chat is "Equidistant between chit-chat and analysis"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's pronounced "Toosh"
« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2013, 09:22:05 am »
Hands up who likes me!

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: November 23, 2013, 09:56:35 am »
Right , thats it. Im going to kill myself then you'll be sorry.

Offline Thush

• Spawwow, Tit. Anal Chat is "Equidistant between chit-chat and analysis"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's pronounced "Toosh"
« Reply #116 on: November 23, 2013, 10:00:17 am »
Vyvyan, can you actually kill yourself with laxatives?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #117 on: November 23, 2013, 01:07:45 pm »
I forget the episode specifics, but they were on some sort of game show, and someone had spray-painted a "P" in front of Rik's name.

Laughed for days at that one... ;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: November 23, 2013, 01:26:40 pm »
I forget the episode specifics, but they were on some sort of game show, and someone had spray-painted a "P" in front of Rik's name.

Laughed for days at that one... ;D
its only university challenge Rick, only university challenge

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: November 23, 2013, 01:28:38 pm »
Was Pythagoras a pig?