Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3470667 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #55400 on: December 8, 2022, 12:57:58 pm »
You're watching it for the special effects/technology really, aren't you? I genuinely dont know anyone who even particularly likes the first one, they've done tremendously well getting people in because its a movie 'you need to see at the cinema'.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #55401 on: December 8, 2022, 01:14:21 pm »
You're watching it for the special effects/technology really, aren't you? I genuinely dont know anyone who even particularly likes the first one, they've done tremendously well getting people in because its a movie 'you need to see at the cinema'.

I watched the first one in the cinema for the 3D effects and was blown away, but then again it was really my first 3D cinema experience, so there could be that. I've watched it a few times after that, just when it was on tv or something. I enjoyed though, it's a mindless popcorn movie, but the visuals were stunning.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #55402 on: December 9, 2022, 06:41:18 am »
Death Race 2000

- As funny as when I saw it in school when one of our teachers were off sick. This was fine to watch when you were at school when I were a lad.

The Noel Diary

- Probably the worst Christmas film I've ever seen. The most entertaining thing was the dog. Not there? There! Not there! Didn't follow them then! In the car somehow! And then gets a slap in the mush when it's trying to be friendly with the main actor. Good idea for a film. Terribly filmed and no resolution at all.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #55403 on: December 9, 2022, 12:17:46 pm »
Avatar (1) and Titanic - are they not just basically love stories set on a planet / boat?

Agree the CGI / Special effects are outstanding for both films though.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #55404 on: December 9, 2022, 12:36:54 pm »
Avatar (1) and Titanic - are they not just basically love stories set on a planet / boat?

Agree the CGI / Special effects are outstanding for both films though.

Titanic was about Mans arrogance over nature with a love story shoehorned in

Avatar was about the story of Pocahontas

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #55405 on: December 9, 2022, 02:35:52 pm »
Titanic was about Mans arrogance over nature with a love story shoehorned in

Avatar was about the story of Pocahontas

Titanic is about a fake 90+ year old granny spending hours talking about her sexual escapades to a documentary crew and then going, "btw then the ship sank and many people died, including the dude I was sleeping with. The end" 

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #55406 on: December 10, 2022, 09:56:22 am »
i watched oliver stone's The Doors last nite for the first time, which might seem odd as im a doors fan but im really not that interested in the culture of celebrity, tho im not oblivious to the lives of some of the bands/individuals who i like. and if im being totally truthful, i did kind of avoid it as i didn't want a movie to 'overwrite' something i knew well and was dear to me - we all know how movies stick in your head and often become 'the narrative' rather than what is actually the true account, often seen when someone quotes a book and the line is the movie, not the book, even by people who say they know the book...

wow, what a fucking fiction, it's awful lol

kilmer is very impressive as concert performing morrison especially as he did the singing, and i can't blame him for the largely fictional portrayal Stone's script demands beyond that

i got no problem with artistic licence to a degree and having to condense things in biopics but anyone who has no clue about morrison and that movie is their picture of him, will assume he was high or drunk 24/7 and a total asshole his whole adult life

if that is your only 'knowledge' of the doors and particularly morrison, as he's the focus, believe me it's off the mark. sure he loved booze (also acid early on) and could be a bad drunk, an asshole, unreliable, but there's no humour or joy in that movie character (or the movie for that matter), two of the most common traits attributed to morrison by those who knew him well

and almost all the scenes that show him 'at his worse' are pure fiction from Stone (i could say way more but i'll leave it there)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 10:01:14 am by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #55407 on: December 10, 2022, 11:16:56 pm »
I see they have made another version of the Three Musketeers which is opening in January, looks quite good. But this time its made in France with French actors, it'll be interesting to see how it is in comparison to the Hollywood versions.

https://youtu.be/SAaSEZpa4cE

"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55408 on: December 10, 2022, 11:26:32 pm »
i do like the look of that, the fact the music is pretty fucking awesome and i really like the chick (female lead in Penny Dreadful, which i loved) plays some part in that

sweet, thanks for the head's up
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #55409 on: December 10, 2022, 11:55:50 pm »
i do like the look of that, the fact the music is pretty fucking awesome and i really like the chick (female lead in Penny Dreadful, which i loved) plays some part in that

sweet, thanks for the head's up

Eva Green? She usually picks her films well. Being a French film this one looks a bit more gritty than the usual Hollywood romps:
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55410 on: December 11, 2022, 03:05:02 am »
yep that's her, she was brilliant in penny dreadful, a show i much loved across the board (was a great cast with Dalton and Josh Harnett among others)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 03:15:18 am by Armand9 »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #55411 on: December 12, 2022, 09:30:11 am »
Amsterdam was really bad, we switched off with 40 minutes left, just couldn't finish it.  Felt like it was trying to be a Coen Brothers movie but just... I don't even know what it was.  Terrible.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55412 on: December 12, 2022, 09:36:39 am »
Saw Triangle Of Sadness today which won the Palme d'or at Cannes this year.

Some real low hanging fruit with its overall point but still really well done film.

Really enjoyed it, could have been Series 3 of White Lotus   ;D

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #55413 on: December 12, 2022, 10:39:36 am »
I see they have made another version of the Three Musketeers which is opening in January, looks quite good. But this time its made in France with French actors, it'll be interesting to see how it is in comparison to the Hollywood versions.

https://youtu.be/SAaSEZpa4cE

Would cut off several of my fingers for Eva Green.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55414 on: December 12, 2022, 09:51:34 pm »
Would cut off several of my fingers for Eva Green.

Same,she is an incredible beauty.

As for the new movie,it's already on the usual places.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55415 on: December 12, 2022, 09:54:08 pm »
Watched Troll last night really enjoyed it.
Really? ;D one of the worst things I've watched this year. Awful doesn't begin to describe it.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55416 on: December 13, 2022, 10:10:09 am »
Watched Avatar 2 last night.

Will have plenty to say on it soon.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #55417 on: December 13, 2022, 01:27:38 pm »
Really? ;D one of the worst things I've watched this year. Awful doesn't begin to describe it.

I enjoyed it. Reminded me of the B movies that featured every Saturday morning in the Allerton Road Gaumont, just after the cartoons and before some boring Pathe News type thing.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #55418 on: December 14, 2022, 12:43:24 pm »
Banshees of Inisherin is such a thematically layered work. I know everyone is praising Colin Farrell for his performance, but I do hope Kerry Condon gets loads of recognition come awards season as I thought she was magnificent.

Not easy to make an uproariously funny film so simultaneously sad and mundane.

Kerry Condon is phenomenal...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #55419 on: December 14, 2022, 02:46:58 pm »
Is there a bigger disparity between the quality of the film and the quality of the soundtrack than The World's End?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #55420 on: December 14, 2022, 06:11:23 pm »
Is there a bigger disparity between the quality of the film and the quality of the soundtrack than The World's End?
The Simon Pegg film?  Bloody awful it was.  And I loved Shaun of the Dead & Hot Fuzz.  The feeling of anticipation followed by crushing disappointment had previously only been matched by the time I listened to Be Here Now for the first time.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55421 on: December 14, 2022, 10:03:23 pm »
I enjoyed it. Reminded me of the B movies that featured every Saturday morning in the Allerton Road Gaumont, just after the cartoons and before some boring Pathe News type thing.
Hated it mate. Was annoyed I wasted time watching it 😃

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55422 on: December 15, 2022, 12:12:21 am »
Ticket booked for Avatar 2 on Friday. Not seen the first one since it came out. Looking forward to it, but not a fan of the 3+ hour run time.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55423 on: December 17, 2022, 12:16:36 pm »
Wonder Woman 1984 is on prime if anyones interested.

Have just watched it and dont know what to say. Umm...theres a mid credits cameo.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #55424 on: December 19, 2022, 08:07:29 am »
Titanic is about a fake 90+ year old granny spending hours talking about her sexual escapades to a documentary crew and then going, "btw then the ship sank and many people died, including the dude I was sleeping with. The end" 

Is it true that Rooney is doing a remake?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #55425 on: December 19, 2022, 09:46:31 am »
Watched Stand By Me last night for the first time. Really, really enjoyed it.

Made me want to dive into those 80s teen films!

EDIT: If anyone wants to recommend any - please hit me up! I have seen the classics I think - Breakfast Club, Weird Science etc...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 09:51:58 am by Ciara (with a capital "C") »

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #55426 on: December 19, 2022, 10:24:30 am »

EDIT: If anyone wants to recommend any - please hit me up! I have seen the classics I think - Breakfast Club, Weird Science etc...

The outsiders?

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #55427 on: December 19, 2022, 10:36:43 am »
The outsiders?

That is on my list!

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Uncle Buck 
The Outsiders
Fast Times at Ridgemont High 
Better Off Dead...
Risky Business 
Eight Men Out
Say Anything...
Lean on Me
Beetlejuice 

Have seen Beetlejuice, Uncle Buck and FBDO but want to rewatch them. Going to try and do these 10 through Christmas.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #55428 on: December 19, 2022, 11:04:30 am »
Add Heathers to your list, it's brilliant.  Means Girls before Mean Girls was a thing.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55429 on: December 19, 2022, 12:10:20 pm »
That is on my list!

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Uncle Buck
The Outsiders
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Better Off Dead...
Risky Business
Eight Men Out
Say Anything...
Lean on Me
Beetlejuice

Have seen Beetlejuice, Uncle Buck and FBDO but want to rewatch them. Going to try and do these 10 through Christmas.

Think if was out in the 1990s but Election is a classic.

Offline simpleman

• Doesn't wash his willy
  • Anny Roader
  • Believer
« Reply #55430 on: December 19, 2022, 12:26:18 pm »
Better Off Dead...
Woah, this has forced me to post...

I've have never known anyone outside of my school friends (back in the day) know about this film.
The other one of a similar ilk and cast is One Crazy Summer.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #55431 on: December 19, 2022, 01:50:10 pm »

Goonies if you haven't seen it.

Lost boys definitely.

Big.

Ferris Buellers day off.

Beetlejuice

Rain man.

Labrynth.

I assume you've seen The Princess Bride.

Footloose.

Who framed roger rabbit.

Honestly the list is exhaustive.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #55432 on: December 19, 2022, 05:12:27 pm »
So saw Avatar 2 at the weekend, however, to my shame I spent two-thirds of it surreptitiously browsing the internet. Even though I expected it to be a bit of a slog going in, but three and a quarter hours seemed more like six by the time it finished. I honestly don't even remember any of it except that it had something to do with a fish in exile.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #55433 on: December 20, 2022, 02:08:00 am »

If you haven't seen it, check out "Can't Buy Me Love" - probably the most romantic of all those films of the time.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55434 on: December 20, 2022, 06:03:27 am »
just caught up with The Adam Project

family fun time travel stuff that doesn't warrant over-thinking, harks back to all those much loved 80s films with a sci-fi edge
if you like that kind of stuff i'd say check it out

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #55435 on: December 20, 2022, 07:10:29 am »
Not sure if it quite counts, but back to the future.
Also just 90s but flatliner.
Probably also a bit late Donny darko.
Not a huge fan of either, but of that 'genre' I'd say.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #55436 on: December 20, 2022, 08:47:19 am »
just caught up with The Adam Project

family fun time travel stuff that doesn't warrant over-thinking, harks back to all those much loved 80s films with a sci-fi edge
if you like that kind of stuff i'd say check it out

Yup, enjoyed this when it was released back in March, heartwarming film.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #55437 on: December 20, 2022, 09:07:11 am »
"The Little Things" with Denzy Wenzy and Mr. Robot Mercury

Not quite sure what to make of this film. I actually quite enjoyed the procedural parts (But those bits bored the missus to death) and then it kind of went off into a tangent when you think "Well. No good can come of this"

There were a couple of twists so you see what the backstory was but..

Spoiler

The ending was unsatisfying in 'They didn't get the bad guy' and doubly so when the final twist is revealed at the end.

[close]

4/10

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55438 on: December 20, 2022, 08:54:35 pm »
Just back from the new Avatar (in 3D) and have to admit its one of the most visually stunning movies I have ever seen. Incredible.

I'm sure the plot and story has room for improvement but for me that's a minor point taking the rest of the movie into consideration

3 hours flew by.  Really enjoyed it.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55439 on: December 21, 2022, 09:23:42 am »
The Banshees of Inisherin is up on Disney+