Author Topic: FSG discussion thread  (Read 743813 times)

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: FSG discussion thread
« Reply #6280 on: November 21, 2022, 04:38:39 pm »
Well I am sure there are other good young CMs in the Spanish, German, Italian, French, Portuguese and Dutch leagues who haven't become high profile yet.

Our scouts need to earn their salaries.

I am sure there were good centrebacks and keepers available when we bought Ali and VVD. When you are building a team then the spine is of paramount importance. We are looking for players to come in and take over from the likes of Hendo, Thiago and Fabinho. We need quality. Klopp has already come out and said that. We don't need short-term fixes we need players who are going to hopefully be here for half a decade or more. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6281 on: November 21, 2022, 04:40:19 pm »
There's apparently a top club that sent their entire scouting network  based in Europe to Qatar. I doubt that's us.  ;D

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6282 on: November 21, 2022, 05:05:20 pm »
There's apparently a top club that sent their entire scouting network  based in Europe to Qatar. I doubt that's us.  ;D

Oh God, Diouf mk 2 incoming?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6283 on: November 21, 2022, 05:11:16 pm »
Oh God, Diouf mk 2 incoming?

Nope, we need midfielders so its Diao Mk2 ;)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #6284 on: November 21, 2022, 05:11:59 pm »
I am sure there were good centrebacks and keepers available when we bought Ali and VVD. When you are building a team then the spine is of paramount importance. We are looking for players to come in and take over from the likes of Hendo, Thiago and Fabinho. We need quality. Klopp has already come out and said that. We don't need short-term fixes we need players who are going to hopefully be here for half a decade or more. 

And I’m sure there were more expensive players than Robertson, Matip, Konate, Milner and even Mane and Salah. We can’t keep buying the most expensive players in all positions. Robertson is quality but didn’t cost a fortune. We need to identify decent players and then develop them.

Our record with midfield players has been very poor recently. We don’t need to be brilliant in midfield……just not as shit as we have been. Keita was meant to be our big signing in midfield but he unfortunately hasn’t worked out.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 05:16:36 pm by stockdam »
#JFT97

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6285 on: November 21, 2022, 05:30:03 pm »
Nope, we need midfielders so its Diao Mk2 ;)

*Shudders*

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #6286 on: November 21, 2022, 05:50:53 pm »
How is this morphing into the 'we dont need to spend money on players' transfer thread 2.0?!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6287 on: November 21, 2022, 05:57:23 pm »
How is this morphing into the 'we dont need to spend £250 million on players' transfer thread?!

Apparently Darlingtons Youth Coach posted something on Twitter
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6288 on: November 21, 2022, 06:02:55 pm »
Considering that Dortmund sold your favorite player for £73 million, I doubt they will get double that for Bellingham ...

Would be £100m+
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6289 on: November 21, 2022, 06:05:42 pm »
How is this morphing into the 'we dont need to spend money on players' transfer thread 2.0?!

Just because.

It's hilarious and fucking sad in equal measure how some people think those of us who expect our owners to provide the Boss with quality are in the wrong.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6290 on: November 21, 2022, 06:05:50 pm »
Would be £100m+

Take it there is no release clause then?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6291 on: November 21, 2022, 06:06:46 pm »
Take it there is no release clause then?

I've no idea mate,if there is knowing our luck it'd be £400m  ;D

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #6292 on: November 21, 2022, 06:26:49 pm »
Just because.

It's hilarious and fucking sad in equal measure how some people think those of us who expect our owners to provide the Boss with quality are in the wrong.

It's not so much that, it's just we've heard it thousands of times now, it gets tiresome.  Yes, it would be nice to spend more.  Can't magic cash out of thin air though, and Klopp has rarely stood in front of the media and said 'yeah, I wish we could spend more'.

A pretty substantial percentage of Liverpool fans are pretty much just happy to see what happens in transfer windows and what we get.  To be fair, the last 5 years haven't exactly proven that wrong.  Whereas the new toy merchants we seem to get in most transfer/ownership threads come across like they need anger management most of the time, yourself included.

Maybe if there wasn't a hysterical reaction to anyone pointing out we don't have endless money, and we didn't go around it in circles constantly in threads like this, we wouldn't mock you all so much.

Keyop nailed it days ago.  The rest is just fucking white noise from the same old people putting out the same old tired lines and negativity.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 06:29:10 pm by JP! »
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6293 on: November 21, 2022, 06:35:15 pm »
It's not so much that, it's just we've heard it thousands of times now, it gets tiresome.  Yes, it would be nice to spend more.  Can't magic cash out of thin air though, and Klopp has rarely stood in front of the media and said 'yeah, I wish we could spend more'.

A pretty substantial percentage of Liverpool fans are pretty much just happy to see what happens in transfer windows and what we get.  To be fair, the last 5 years haven't exactly proven that wrong.  Whereas the new toy merchants we seem to get in most transfer/ownership threads come across like they need anger management most of the time, yourself included.

Maybe if there wasn't a hysterical reaction to anyone pointing out we don't have endless money, and we didn't go around it in circles constantly in threads like this, we wouldn't mock you all so much.

Keyop nailed it days ago.  The rest is just fucking white noise from the same old people putting out the same old tired lines and negativity.

Wow what a comment you couldn’t have been any more condescending in your reply to him “we wouldn’t mock you all as much” that’s as big an us and them comment as I have seen in this thread.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #6294 on: November 21, 2022, 06:36:19 pm »
Wow what a comment you couldn’t have been any more condescending in your reply to him “we wouldn’t mock you as much” that’s as big an us and them comment as I have seen in this thread.

Some things deserve condescension - and 'them and us' started long ago when people started calling people who were happy with continued competing for success 'top Reds' because they didn't want to drive stable owners out for the complete unknown.

Which is where we now find ourselves.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6295 on: November 21, 2022, 06:38:46 pm »
Some things deserve condescension - and 'them and us' started long ago when people started calling people who were happy with continued competing for success 'top Reds' because they didn't want to drive stable owners out for the complete unknown.

What a load of rubbish, you really believe fans on here wanting the owners to spend a bit more in the transfer market is forcing the owners out, I very much doubt John Henry and Tom Warner have been on rawk lately talk about hysteria.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6296 on: November 21, 2022, 06:39:01 pm »
And I’m sure there were more expensive players than Robertson, Matip, Konate, Milner and even Mane and Salah. We can’t keep buying the most expensive players in all positions. Robertson is quality but didn’t cost a fortune. We need to identify decent players and then develop them.

Our record with midfield players has been very poor recently. We don’t need to be brilliant in midfield……just not as shit as we have been. Keita was meant to be our big signing in midfield but he unfortunately hasn’t worked out.

If we had continually recruited then we may have been able to identify decent players and develop them. We have gone way past that point now. We need at least a couple of central midfield players who can come in and do a job straight away. Those kind of players don't come cheap.

People think Mane and Salah were cheap but they were not. Mane at the time we signed him was our second most expensive player ever when we signed him. We then comfortably broke our record to sign Mo. We signed them six and five years ago respectively for a combined £75m you would have to double or treble those figures to bring in similar players now because of football inflation. Look at Nunez costing us £85m.

If you are looking at centre mids. Then Ox cost £35m five years ago, Fabinho cost £44m four years ago and Naby cost £53m four years ago. Even if you were to double those figures then you are looking at £250m. 

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6297 on: November 21, 2022, 06:39:41 pm »

Absolute nonsense of the highest order.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6298 on: November 21, 2022, 06:40:51 pm »

They aren't being driven out. They are cashing out with an astronomical profit.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6299 on: November 21, 2022, 06:46:14 pm »
They aren't being driven out. They are cashing out with an astronomical profit.

No it’s people here driving them out the £3.7bil profit just softens the blow

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #6300 on: November 21, 2022, 06:59:02 pm »
And round and round and round and round.....
Phuk yoo

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6301 on: November 21, 2022, 07:04:02 pm »
And round and round and round and round.....
I wish some posters on here would look at their posting history now and then, they might realize how many times they say the same fucking thing a million times.

but I bet
(a) none of them think they are boring, and
(b) all of them think "one day that twat will realize I'm right and give up!"

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6302 on: November 21, 2022, 07:05:41 pm »
No it’s people here driving them out the £3.7bil profit just softens the blow

Heartbreaking isn't it.

I think Keyop should organise a whip around for the initial £300m they paid for the club.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6303 on: November 21, 2022, 07:07:03 pm »
I still can’t get my head round “that’s why we mock you all” to another poster, so anyone who doesn’t agree deserves to be mocked lol wow I’m gobsmacked, but he’s not wrong the mocking by certain people on here is unreal, and there was me thinking we all supported the same team, but different opinions aren’t really allowed anymore.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 07:12:29 pm by Redric1970 »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6304 on: November 21, 2022, 07:14:32 pm »
It’s quite a time to be alive that the debate now has literally been sparked by the Peterborough chairman posting some nonsense about FSG leaving because they don’t want to spend £250 million to overhaul the midfield, someone else saying it wouldn’t cost £250 million to overhaul the midfield, and someone else going ‘I can’t believe people are saying we don’t need to spend any money’.

Alas…no news :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6305 on: November 21, 2022, 07:23:54 pm »
I wish some posters on here would look at their posting history now and then, they might realize how many times they say the same fucking thing a million times.

but I bet
(a) none of them think they are boring, and
(b) all of them think "one day that twat will realize I'm right and give up!"

Same for both sides (not really sides like).

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6306 on: November 21, 2022, 07:24:20 pm »
It’s quite a time to be alive that the debate now has literally been sparked by the Peterborough chairman posting some nonsense about FSG leaving because they don’t want to spend £250 million to overhaul the midfield, someone else saying it wouldn’t cost £250 million to overhaul the midfield, and someone else going ‘I can’t believe people are saying we don’t need to spend any money’.

Alas…no news :D

Without being rude to you mate but what one of the mods said quite a few pages back about you is absolutely spot on all you do is antagonise and wind people up. Can you ever be constructive on here without being a rude prick.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6307 on: November 21, 2022, 07:30:14 pm »
Without being rude to you mate but what one of the mods said quite a few pages back about you is absolutely spot on all you do is antagonise and wind people up. Can you ever be constructive on here without being a rude prick.

:D

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6308 on: November 21, 2022, 07:36:32 pm »
:D

Well at least I’m up front everyone of your posts to whoever you reply to is a dig, a mod said it a few
Pages back about you and he was spot on, literally every one of your post antagonises, you are the quintessential keyboard warrior who’s brings absolutely nothing to a debate other than wind people up, we have someone on my watch like that a real mouthy prick who gives it large but ain’t worth a wank when he needs to show he’s got some bollux, I reckon you are exactly the  same.

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6309 on: November 21, 2022, 07:58:40 pm »

Well at least I’m up front everyone of your posts to whoever you reply to is a dig, a mod said it a few
Pages back about you and he was spot on, literally every one of your post antagonises, you are the quintessential keyboard warrior who’s brings absolutely nothing to a debate other than wind people up, we have someone on my watch like that a real mouthy prick who gives it large but ain’t worth a wank when he needs to show he’s got some bollux, I reckon you are exactly the  same.

Offline MPowerYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #6310 on: November 21, 2022, 08:05:15 pm »
Sounds like people are warming to Qatar now, funny how people like Lineker, Neville and morals fluctuate when personal self-interest / money is involved.   Reminds me of some posters on here 😂

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6311 on: November 21, 2022, 08:07:01 pm »
Sounds like people are warming to Qatar now, funny how people like Lineker, Neville and morals fluctuate when personal self-interest / money is involved.   Reminds me of some posters on here 😂

I’m pretty sure you won’t find any warming towards Qatar on here!

Offline Alanslad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #6312 on: November 21, 2022, 08:21:35 pm »

Is it Peterborough?

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #6313 on: November 21, 2022, 08:41:10 pm »
Is it Peterborough?
No, definitely Qatar.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6314 on: November 21, 2022, 10:39:18 pm »
I’ve sent you a pm lobo sorry buddy I shouldn’t have been so rude there’s a fine line between banter and being rude and I was rude so I apologise, even my watch said they’ve been walking on egg shells with me as they didn’t know how my mood was and felt I was about to explode. Bad few days but I know when I’m wrong so lobo buddy I apologise for acting like a dick.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6315 on: November 21, 2022, 10:45:46 pm »
Barry Fry II seems to have plucked the £200-£250 million figure from his arse solely because he seems to think we should sign Declan Rice and Jude Bellingham and thats how much they'd probably cost between them.

Laimer, Aouar, Tielemans (Asam suggested he'd be a good alternative for Thiago) are all on a free in the summer. Considering our sweet spot is usually around £40-50 million, its not particularly outrageous to think we could overhaul the midfield with £100 million odd. The idea that FSG want out 'because they dont want to spend the £250 million it'll take to overhaul the midfield' is laughable, its such a nonsense statement so lord only knows why its being discussed when we could all be cheering on big Hazza K and the boys.

So who do we sell in order to be self sustainable ?
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6316 on: November 21, 2022, 11:05:28 pm »
Barry Fry II seems to have plucked the £200-£250 million figure from his arse solely because he seems to think we should sign Declan Rice and Jude Bellingham and thats how much they'd probably cost between them.

Laimer, Aouar, Tielemans (Asam suggested he'd be a good alternative for Thiago) are all on a free in the summer. Considering our sweet spot is usually around £40-50 million, its not particularly outrageous to think we could overhaul the midfield with £100 million odd. The idea that FSG want out 'because they dont want to spend the £250 million it'll take to overhaul the midfield' is laughable, its such a nonsense statement so lord only knows why its being discussed when we could all be cheering on big Hazza K and the boys.

Isn't he a red ?

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6317 on: November 21, 2022, 11:07:31 pm »
I’ve sent you a pm lobo sorry buddy I shouldn’t have been so rude there’s a fine line between banter and being rude and I was rude so I apologise, even my watch said they’ve been walking on egg shells with me as they didn’t know how my mood was and felt I was about to explode. Bad few days but I know when I’m wrong so lobo buddy I apologise for acting like a dick.

Aww ;D Lobos not too bad really.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6318 on: November 21, 2022, 11:09:32 pm »
So who do we sell in order to be self sustainable ?

John Henry  ;D

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6319 on: November 22, 2022, 01:05:31 am »
The tragedy of all this is obviously that if we are going down this "self-sustainability" route I cannot see anyone realistically doing a better job than FSG.

Lets hope some benevolent super billionaire who has never done anything unethical in his life buys us. I am sure there are tons of those.