Author Topic: Ground Entry  (Read 62298 times)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ground Entry
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2021, 03:18:22 pm »
Got to the Kenny stand for about 12 and queued 20-25 mins to get in, it moved along quite well. Queues for the Kop looked nuts though.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2021, 03:23:11 pm »
Stewards and the police had some sort of mass brain fart at the queues for T, S and Q and managed to put all the people in the wrong queues by telling us all conflicting information. Ended up queuing for about 30 mins but once at the turnstile NFC worked first time with no issue. Was only one fella I saw who had any issue getting in at S.

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2021, 04:25:25 pm »
Got to Kop about 11, no queues, iphones read straight away. Only complaint would be the £2.90 pint only applied to draft Carlsberg so had to pay normal prices 🍺😩
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 04:50:23 pm by anfieldash »

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2021, 04:39:26 pm »
Didn't bother with NFC after my Palace experience.  Barcode worked instantly.

It appears to be a barcode across the centre of the screen on Android, which could be an issue on the longer 2.35 ratio screens, as it may not go deep enough into the slot.  People with iPhones had a QR code instead.

Arrived at 11:30 to find Kop C queue reaching to just outside gates, so not much longer than normal.  It took 15 minutes to reach the turnstile, so about twice what it used to take for that size of line.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2021, 05:12:38 pm »
Absolute shambles for the Annie Road.

L, M and N queuing all the way down Wylva Road. Then with about 10 mins to go they realised 3 turnstile blocks were in that queue and started telling people to move to M and N if that was there queue, and stay in that line if you were L.

Proper shite.

Was a piece of piss to scan once at the turnstile.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2021, 05:18:42 pm »
Took about 20 minutes queueing to get in via S (Upper main stand) don't think I've ever queued more than a minute previously.

My phone doesn't have NFC so used the bar code, had to put it in backwards as going in forwards didn't reach the scanner. Took seconds that bit, the turn stile next to me someone was having issues.

Also they needed a steward by turnstile queue to help putting people into the smaller queues for the individual turnstiles.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline roots99

• Main Stander
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2021, 05:34:43 pm »

L, M and N queuing all the way down Wylva Road. Then with about 10 mins to go they realised 3 turnstile blocks were in that queue and started telling people to move to M and N if that was there queue, and stay in that line if you were L.

Proper shite.

Arrived just as they were splitting that queue into 3 and was told by staff to start a new one so managed to fluke our way to the front of the formerly non-existent N queue and use a barcode. Bit of a result. Queues otherwise looked long there.

Barcode itself worked fine.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in." - Bill Shankly

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2021, 05:36:20 pm »
Mine wouldn’t work so had to use the barcode.

Offline AnthonyStabile

• Frankie Carbone... Freddy No Nose... "Naby Keita is a shithouse, pass it on."
  • Main Stander
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2021, 05:45:27 pm »
I had an absolute nightmare. In the queue at 11:20 gets to front and opens my lads wallet on I phone and the pass has disappeared, logged on and can’t download again as already been done once. Goes ticket office and the queue is huge. 50 min wait gets to the front at 12:35 and the girl reset the account and downloads the nfc pass again. Legs it around to the turnstile and the pass won’t work just keeps flashing red.

In the end I tried my pass which worked immediately and had to double click us in.

Hopefully it works for Chelsea.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2021, 05:57:18 pm »
Got to turnstile C on the KOP at around 11:30 - was queuing just outside the gates and took around 10-15 minutes. Once at the turnstile, I used the barcode as it didn't scan properly on the NFC scan feature. Was easy enough

I was thinking it'd be good to get in early to a have a cheap pint....was absolutely rammed on the concourse - the queue for a pint took 30 minutes! The Carlsberg they were serving were in cans so they were having to manually pour each one individually. :butt Surely they could have had more people pouring cans ready to be purchased? Or better still, invest in draft pumps  ::)
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Samio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2021, 06:01:04 pm »
Arrived just as they were splitting that queue into 3 and was told by staff to start a new one so managed to fluke our way to the front of the formerly non-existent N queue and use a barcode. Bit of a result. Queues otherwise looked long there.

Barcode itself worked fine.

Yeah worked out well for you there. Queue was literally 300m long when I was at the back of it.

Missed the build up and about 5 mins of the game.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2021, 06:02:28 pm »
Got to turnstile C on the KOP at around 11:30 - was queuing just outside the gates and took around 10-15 minutes. Once at the turnstile, I used the barcode as it didn't scan properly on the NFC scan feature. Was easy enough

I was thinking it'd be good to get in early to a have a cheap pint....was absolutely rammed on the concourse - the queue for a pint took 30 minutes! The Carlsberg they were serving were in cans so they were having to manually pour each one individually. :butt Surely they could have had more people pouring cans ready to be purchased? Or better still, invest in draft pumps  ::)

Yeah definitely an issue when everyone is told to come at the same time. Everyone gets in and immediately wants food/drink. They need a better system.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2021, 06:16:57 pm »
Seemed to be a steady stream of people still coming up to their seats in main stand upper 10-15 min after KO, there was a few that didn’t come in until 35 min after KO and looked like they had been given paper tickets.

Strange that it’s flawless for some, yet others have a nightmare with it.

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2021, 06:35:56 pm »
Still a shambles. Got there at the Main Stand at 11.15 and had to queue for about 20 minutes. Nobody should have to queue at all at that time. I dont understand it as NFC worked fine when I got to the turnstile.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2021, 07:18:58 pm »
Guy at my entrance seemed to have no idea what to do. Went straight to the QR code without even letting me scan my phone.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2021, 07:52:07 pm »
Easy, took a matter of seconds.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2021, 08:15:16 pm »
Sent all the way down Coningsby (I think) to queue for about 15mins, got back on to Anny Rd and the steward decided the queues were wrong and all sorts of pushing in etc then happened. Got to my seat half way through YNWA, and arrived to the ground on my 'allowed time'  of 12:00

Shitshow really, the actual getting in is no different to scanning your ticket, they've just made such a big deal out of it and had people worried over fuck all.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2021, 08:17:16 pm »
Sent all the way down Coningsby (I think) to queue for about 15mins, got back on to Anny Rd and the steward decided the queues were wrong and all sorts of pushing in etc then happened. Got to my seat half way through YNWA, and arrived to the ground on my 'allowed time'  of 12:00

Shitshow really, the actual getting in is no different to scanning your ticket, they've just made such a big deal out of it and had people worried over fuck all.

yeah bit weird, me and my mate got in asap so did the lads  in front of us - whats causing the queues?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2021, 08:21:33 pm »
yeah bit weird, me and my mate got in asap so did the lads  in front of us - whats causing the queues?

Probably the change and people being unsure, should settle down.

I went Palace last season and it worked eventually but stewards don't have a clue which probably doesn't help

Offline howman

• Kemlynite
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2021, 08:28:54 pm »
Seemless entry with Apple NFC albeit it was at 10.40!

My wife distributed her NFC season ticket to a mate and he got in straight away also with a standard ticket in his Apple Wallet.

There were murmurings of queues outside approaching kick off but the stadium looked pretty full as the teams came out.

Have to say, for me at least, it was an easy process.

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2021, 08:51:31 pm »
The tech was fine- absolutely no problems at all.

However everything else was a complete and utter shambles. The stewards/police didn't know which queue was where, then the whole Annie Road end was ridiculous. Luckily we got in and only missed about 3 minutes, but there were people still coming in 15-20 minutes later!

Offline Flyhalf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2021, 08:58:03 pm »
Long queues for the Anfield Road end at 11.30, not helped by L, M and N all being one queue at first. Steward at the turnstile was telling everyone to use the QR code as it was easier, so that’s what the three of us did and it worked fine.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2021, 09:00:19 pm »
Easy for me in Kop block F, used the bar code and straight in ( android phone). Nephew on IPhone same, his was distributed from a mate.

35 minute queue for a pint was ridiculous . Why they can’t have a few hundred pre poured  and ready is a mystery, and get a system going where one pours, one takes payment etc. It also  needs a steward near the kiosks, too many trying to push in, going to end badly one of these days.

Few gaps in main stand noticeable though.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2021, 09:06:23 pm »
I'm not sure what was causing the queues. Seemed like most people were scanning in fine, I had no issues with NFC. Is it just a cumulative effect of it perhaps being one or two seconds slower for every person? Maybe we need some more turnstiles..

The queues were ridiculous inside too. Anny lower didn't have the 'beer only' thing open, and don't think there was anyone walking around doing beers either? I can perhaps understand why, but it really made it hard work.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2021, 09:17:18 pm »
Easy for me in Kop block F, used the bar code and straight in ( android phone). Nephew on IPhone same, his was distributed from a mate.

35 minute queue for a pint was ridiculous . Why they can’t have a few hundred pre poured  and ready is a mystery, and get a system going where one pours, one takes payment etc. It also  needs a steward near the kiosks, too many trying to push in, going to end badly one of these days.

Few gaps in main stand noticeable though.

yes in blocks, I thought it must be corporates just staying in the bar and watching game on tv
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline ianrush79

• Kopite
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2021, 09:45:30 pm »

Proper shite.

Very poor for Anny road today.  Loads of stewards just hanging around having a chat.  They really needed to have a steward at the end of each queue telling fans which turnstile they were queuing for
Phil Brown just off the phone. Stupid sod didn't know what 'Gardening Leave' meant. He's spent the past week planting fucking roses.

Offline [streety]

• Craig Davis killed the thread
  • Legacy Fan
    • Coming Soon...
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2021, 09:48:19 pm »
Got to Anny Road at 11.15 through N. No queue all NFC passes worked first time, even for the junior. Well happy.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2021, 09:59:34 pm »
Anfield Rd had no queues when we went in at 11:15, sounds like they lost control later on. Were lots coming in late, spent most the first 15 mins getting up and down
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2021, 10:04:58 pm »
Had no issues personally getting into the upper Cen, queued for about 3 minutes. What I did find surprising was you had to use the barcode, and not virtual ticket on the NFC pass.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline ianrush79

• Kopite
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2021, 10:05:21 pm »
We got to the Annie road end at around 11:30 and the queues were getting to be quite long at that point.  Stewards guessing which queue was which.  Having the Annie road closed off obviously doesn’t help.  I would have thought they would have used some temporary fencing funnelling people to the correct turnstile like we have done with away fans in the past
Phil Brown just off the phone. Stupid sod didn't know what 'Gardening Leave' meant. He's spent the past week planting fucking roses.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2021, 10:08:27 pm »
We got to the Annie road end at around 11:30 and the queues were getting to be quite long at that point.  Stewards guessing which queue was which.  Having the Annie road closed off obviously doesn’t help.  I would have thought they would have used some temporary fencing funnelling people to the correct turnstile like we have done with away fans in the past

Yeah I arrived for a walk around the ground, forgot they were doing works so I had to walk all the way back around the park

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2021, 10:15:08 pm »
Of the 3 of us , all with android phones of different makes, 1 got straight in using nfc, 2 didnt,  i had to use bar code pushed really deep into scanner, another had to go to next turnstile where it finally worked with barcode.  this was about half ten in main stand, when in they had trouble with loads of the readers at the bar and didnt have any pies yet?? round us of the 7 or so we know 5 had trouble getting in with nfc most had to use bar code pushed into scanner.

Offline Samio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2021, 10:49:38 pm »
I'm not sure what was causing the queues. Seemed like most people were scanning in fine, I had no issues with NFC. Is it just a cumulative effect of it perhaps being one or two seconds slower for every person? Maybe we need some more turnstiles..

The queues were ridiculous inside too. Anny lower didn't have the 'beer only' thing open, and don't think there was anyone walking around doing beers either? I can perhaps understand why, but it really made it hard work.

£2.90 pint offer and beers not readily available?

Sounds about right ;)

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2021, 10:55:48 pm »

Presumably because carlsberg have gone to cans instead of bottles

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2021, 10:58:59 pm »
Bit of a queue but moved quite fast and got in straight away, was told to use the bar code rather than the NFC as it works better apparently. Awful queues inside for drinks!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 11:38:53 am by redgriffin73 »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2021, 12:11:58 am »
My mum said stewards were saying not get ticket out until you reach the front of the queue because the auto update would make the ticket invaild without a refresh. Maybe people have the ticket out while waiting and then it doesn't work at the turnstile. She said the NFC shit worked fine so I assume people are just having trouble sorting themselves at the turnstile, once people get use to how to get in (use barcode for example) queues shouldn't be a problem

Online keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2021, 01:01:28 am »
Walked straight in at Turnstile B at the Kop around 11.10. Quite a few we’re already in at that time due to making sure they weren’t going to miss kick off. I’m hoping I can get in around 45 mins before kick off vs Chelsea but there’s going to be a fine balance in terms of timing between when you can easily walk in and when you will experience a long queue. Ridiculous really in 2021.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2021, 01:36:31 am »
Walked straight in at Turnstile B at the Kop around 11.10. Quite a few we’re already in at that time due to making sure they weren’t going to miss kick off. I’m hoping I can get in around 45 mins before kick off vs Chelsea but there’s going to be a fine balance in terms of timing between when you can easily walk in and when you will experience a long queue. Ridiculous really in 2021.
will probably depend on the stand too. Kop has plenty of STHS who never get in early. Main stand has people who only go once or twice a year and will probably always get in early. I do the think the queues will die down as the season goes and people get use to the technology

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2021, 09:28:13 am »
Got to Kop about 11, no queues, iphones read straight away. Only complaint would be the £2.90 pint only applied to draft Carlsberg so had to pay normal prices 🍺😩

Similar experience. Queued for W for about 5-10 mins at 11.30ish to get in the Main Stand. Scanner read my phone without hassle.

£2.90 only for warm piss Carlsberg was disappointing. The warm San Miguel at £4.50 was marginally better :lmao

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2021, 09:39:59 am »
Got to main lower at 12. Queued for about 15 mins. Pain to queue but understand if it’s just teething problems for the first game or two. Phone scanned fine first time just like the old card. Still a little unsure what is causing such delays. Looked like everyone was in for kick off though.