Author Topic: Gini Wijnaldum  (Read 58557 times)

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Re: Gini Wijnaldum
« Reply #160 on: July 25, 2021, 02:27:33 am »
Matter of opinion that really. I'd rather get rid of the pieces of shit that claim to be Liverpool supporters yet abuse the players on here, twitter, Instagram etc than lose players like Gini.

Well said Barney!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #161 on: July 25, 2021, 04:01:21 am »
It almost sounds like he is bigging up his role to imply Liverpool wouldn't have won #6 if he hadn't defied "orders".  I'm pretty sure that's not how Klopp operates, but I'm equally sure that Gini knows that Klopp isn't the kind of guy to challenge somebody in the media over their retelling of an accomplishment.

it was a comment that showed him in a bad light, but like I said earlier in this thread,  he’s talking bullshit anyway, it was a game where goals where needed, and yes, the coaches would want defensive discipline, but that alone would be of no use. Ironically, he’s playing up to fans on social media’s perception that he was being ‘held back’ at Liverpool. So when it suits him I guess!

Just a wierd interview, although he is spot on about the wankers that ‘support’ this great club on social media.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #162 on: July 25, 2021, 06:38:00 am »
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #163 on: July 25, 2021, 07:44:12 am »
I was largely just teasing, but:

And that's just the tip of an almighty iceberg. You really do let it floe  ;)

It's a fair opinion. Not abusive.

His performances last 6 months were very poor and his stats were terrible. Before that he was a very important player for us, but he would go missing a fair bit in games. He's not beyond criticism.

The only thing I ever have a go at players for is not giving their all (Thiago for example was struggling a bit but he was never hiding). You can't play for Liverpool (or any big club) and  not expect to get criticism (not abuse) when you aren't performing. He's been paid millions of pounds a year with the support of LFC fans. The expectation comes with the shirt and the salary.

At the ground fans should always be supportive and Gini has acknowledged they were.

Twitter is a cesspit we know that. He can righfully take that up with the company.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 07:57:43 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #164 on: July 25, 2021, 07:59:57 am »
it was a comment that showed him in a bad light, but like I said earlier in this thread,  he’s talking bullshit anyway, it was a game where goals where needed, and yes, the coaches would want defensive discipline, but that alone would be of no use. Ironically, he’s playing up to fans on social media’s perception that he was being ‘held back’ at Liverpool. So when it suits him I guess!

Just a wierd interview, although he is spot on about the wankers that ‘support’ this great club on social media.

About some of the fans on social media. not everyone is abusive and it’s bad he doesn’t make that clear. It’s just all round disappointing from him. As for the Barca game he just sounds plain arrogant.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #165 on: July 25, 2021, 08:03:22 am »
Just sounds like he has a massive chip on his shoulder about something and couldn't wait to talk about it.

I don't buy the social media thing though. Just seems like an excuse
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #166 on: July 25, 2021, 08:14:46 am »
He left because he’s in the twilight of his career and he wanted that final contract.  The one that sets him and his family up for life, I doubt he’s struggling to put food on the table, but you’re a long time retired.  That’s fine, it’s understandable, I don’t doubt he genuinely loved the club but his family are paramount.  All the rest is just noise.

Wish him well, but if we get them in Europe I hope Thiago turns him inside out on the way to a 5-0 win.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: July 25, 2021, 08:29:37 am »
He left for the big money, obviously, he's not going to admit that though.

Online Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: July 25, 2021, 08:32:08 am »
He’s talking a load of shite really. Yes we have cretins who follow us on social media, but I don’t for a second believe that’s why he left lol. It’s all just PR.

Money is why he left and I don’t blame him for that.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #169 on: July 25, 2021, 08:45:29 am »
He’s talking a load of shite really. Yes we have cretins who follow us on social media, but I don’t for a second believe that’s why he left lol. It’s all just PR.

Money is why he left and I don’t blame him for that.

No issue with him leaving for the deal he wanted, or with the club not giving him the contract he wanted (assuming he's replaced this summer).

He's been a good signing for the club and you can't keep everyone when a team starts to age. I don't know what he's trying to achieve here.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: July 25, 2021, 08:49:30 am »
Why say anything...

He seems bitter about his departure, I was happy for him to fulfill his contract and if he moved at the end of it which he has then fair enough but he doesn't seem to want to leave on good terms which is odd. The social media comments are just weird, I mean it's a cesspit but it's the same for everybody and alot of them aren't even supporters. Just don't get that.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #171 on: July 25, 2021, 08:57:05 am »
Yeah not buying that. Load of BS.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #172 on: July 25, 2021, 09:05:36 am »
what a load of fucking shite  :lmao

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: July 25, 2021, 10:40:04 am »
I'm interested in the Barcelona game - he usually followed instructions to the letter under Klopp so it was strange to see him totally ignore what was given to him in the match and do his own thing. I mean it worked out but still a little odd to read.

yeah that surprised me
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: July 25, 2021, 10:50:58 am »
Gini Wah-naldum.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: July 25, 2021, 10:56:56 am »
wtf does "didn't feel loved by some" even mean? Is he talking about management, players or Daniel Craig?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #176 on: July 25, 2021, 11:05:12 am »
That’s really poor and screams of wanting to divert attention away from selling out to join a sports washing regime for mega bucks
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #177 on: July 25, 2021, 11:13:26 am »
Hmm. I think, sadly, the social media stuff ain't gonna stop now he's at PSG. it's obviously a bigger thing than just our club

Contract stuff -  don't care,I see both sides. There's a bit where he says he looks in the mirror even when he played badly and knew he gave it his all. But to me he's been a passenger for basically the last season, and the shirt comes with expectation and then you read stuff like him not listening to Klopp because he was so angry with being taken off... It's like he's trying to have it both ways.

So now he's got the fat contract he wants and off to the sunnier climes of PSG. If he's still got it in him to get moody when subbed, ignore the manager and assistant, and self-justify bad performances with "welp, I tried",  some of his complaints here may not be solved.

He did well for us so I wish him luck. Now stop talking about the club and get on with your career

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: July 25, 2021, 11:20:38 am »
What does he expect PSG to be. Its a Fifa Ultimate Team FC, social media will be much worse. Supporters who follow a player instead of a club. Oh well. Hope he can't read French if they go through a rough patch.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: July 25, 2021, 11:21:08 am »
Just wait till he sees what match going fans can do in France when there are poor results/performances. All he needs to do is ask the Marseille players.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: July 25, 2021, 11:21:51 am »
Just sounds like he has a massive chip on his shoulder about something and couldn't wait to talk about it.

I don't buy the social media thing though. Just seems like an excuse

The way the story and headline have been written up, they’re making it sound like the social media thing was the main reason he left, but looking at what he actually says (ie the direct quotes), it’s clear that it’s mostly down to FSG not offering him the contract he wanted.

He seems to me to be saying that the social media thing came *after* he had already made the decision to leave, so can’t have been a factor in that decision.

Whatever. He was great for us but he’s gone now. Let’s all move on.

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: July 25, 2021, 11:25:33 am »
Way to ruin the relationship with the fans though by generalizing them with a vocal minority. Even Torres did not do this, does he want to have a good relationship with the fans in the future or not?

And him being cocky about the Barcelona game and trying to take all the credit, Origi scored the winner and again in the final. Henderson played the last 85 minutes with an injury. Trent pulled out one of the most ingenious pieces of play ever. Other cult heroes like Luis Garcia has actually scored a winner in a semi-final, you don't see them putting out statements like this.

I am sure when he let Vinicius stroll past him in Madrid he went back into the changing room "looked at the mirror" and thought to himself he "gave it his all" and no one can criticize him.  :lmao
The poor guy's brain must still be slightly strained after being criticized recently for completing less than 10 passes in 90 minutes of football. He is not thinking straight.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: July 25, 2021, 11:34:24 am »
To be honest I´ve got no problem with him or anyone else calling out the dick´ed portion of our twitter fanbase. That said it is a slightly strange interview with some bitter undertones - and as others have said the twitter dick´eds are hardly going to disappear now he´s gone to PSG.

I know some people have thinner skins - but it would take more then that interview for him to properly sink in my estimations.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: July 25, 2021, 11:39:46 am »
Dont think he said much wrong.

Match going fans were good to him...social media cesspool was just that. A cesspool. He wanted to stay but the club didnt want him to stay as much as he wanted to stay.

People are quick to say that he should ignore it. But nobody should ignore the shite that black players get on social media after a bad game or a team loss.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: July 25, 2021, 11:50:56 am »

I totally agree. But if he thinks Liverpool have wankers supporting Liverpool on social media then wait till he gets a load of PSG. If they're only half as bad as City fans he'll be wishing he stuck around. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #185 on: July 25, 2021, 11:53:58 am »
I totally agree. But if he thinks Liverpool have wankers supporting Liverpool on social media then wait till he gets a load of PSG. If they're only half as bad as City fans he'll be wishing he stuck around. ;D

That's the thing to it. You want the dickheads to fuck off harassing players (and their families ffs) but imagining that's a major cause for his move is a strange one. Good luck to him and all that. Sure part of the 'appreciation' is not matching what he feels his value to the team has been which is always going to be an awkward end to things.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: July 25, 2021, 11:56:02 am »
He is probably going to be expectant of it there. I think considering where we were when he signed and what we achieved as a club in those 5 years...he'd be entitled to think that there would be a bit more harmony towards our players. Being a major part of the best 2 league campaigns ( in terms of points ) and the greatest euro night in the clubs history, probably gave him a false sense of reality.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: July 25, 2021, 12:09:15 pm »
I don't see the point of this interview. It doesn't do him much credit and he comes across rather entitled, expecting to be courted and loved. This doesn't happen to normal people in real life. And if he can't differentiate between a genuine Liverpool supporter that gets the history of the club and values the likes of Shankly and Paisley stood for versus online idiots, and instead lumps us all into one basket ... then I'm disappointed.

I'm sure he can differentiate but there's just no need to tarnish your legacy Gini and generalise people that would give you a heroes welcome whenever you return back to the city or the club, long after you've retired and your special treatment status ends.

He's been advised badly here. But he's human and this is a mere blip on his record. He gave us amazing service and can only wish him well.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: July 25, 2021, 12:12:19 pm »
Wonder if the absolutely toe curling nickname of Gini will be dropped now.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #189 on: July 25, 2021, 12:38:27 pm »
Cant say I blame him. Plenty of stinking c*nts in our 'fanbase' calling him a twat, giving him abuse directly on twitter etc. Dirty rats.

On Twitter?  There's some of that in this very thread!

What a twat.

I think Gini is being a big baby over this, something I never had him down as.  Which is why I call bullshit and think this is just an excuse over the real reasons he left.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Online Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: July 25, 2021, 12:41:23 pm »
Shocking interview. Any match going Red revered him, he was outstanding for us for five years.

I’ll probably leave my comments there.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #191 on: July 25, 2021, 01:06:16 pm »
Let's be hypothetical here for a minute and pretend that Henderson's situation goes the same way with regards to his contract situation (he's over 30 and all that)

Club don't give him a new one and he ends up at Atletico or PSG.

Now here's a lad who's had years of dogs abuse from our fanbase.  Can you imagine him ever giving an interview like that?!
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #192 on: July 25, 2021, 01:07:44 pm »
I don't really see this as news. Gini was always showed plenty of love from our support at the match and the so called LFC family on social media don't engage their brains before posting.

As for him leaving my take is this. He joined us at 25 on a contract that reflected the club's status as one chasing a place in the Champions League. No doubt he'd have wanted a contract reflecting what he'd won and his contribution to number 6 & us winning the title. The club probably looked at it thinking why should we pay somebody aged 30 double for the next 3 years, who's likely to contribute less than in the previous 3 years.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 01:10:15 pm by Alf »

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #193 on: July 25, 2021, 01:09:17 pm »
It's not just twitter, just take a look at our pride month posts on Facebook or when we change the background to a rainbow. But this is at best a diversion by Gini as to why he really left.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Antics

• Roadshow
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is what you'll get when you mess with us.
« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2021, 01:47:21 pm »
It’s absolutely shocking PR from his representatives.

Clearly he left because the sporting director/team did not value him sufficiently which is what he refers to as “the other side”

The bit about social media is referenced in the article as something that came after he decided to leave but including it by nature makes it seem like a major factor in his decision.

Dreadful message control.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #195 on: July 25, 2021, 01:59:35 pm »
How long before the apology and the "i was misunderstood" statement?  :jester

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #196 on: July 25, 2021, 03:00:11 pm »
Well loved player with one of the best songs around blames social media fans for exit.

Sure thing.
:D

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: July 25, 2021, 03:05:47 pm »
Shocking interview. Any match going Red revered him, he was outstanding for us for five years.

I’ll probably leave my comments there.

to be fair he acknowledged that
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: July 25, 2021, 03:08:16 pm »
to be fair he acknowledged that

He couldn't complain about it, he tried, but unfortunately for him was unable to find some aspect of it to moan about.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: July 25, 2021, 03:10:59 pm »
He couldn't complain about it, he tried, but unfortunately for him was unable to find some aspect of it to moan about.

How did he try to find fault with the home crowd?