Author Topic: Merseyrail - now with added 777  (Read 52184 times)

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Merseyrail
« Reply #360 on: December 5, 2022, 10:19:43 pm »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #361 on: December 5, 2022, 10:23:36 pm »
Summer of '34. ;)

Is that one of Bryan Adams’ earliest hits?

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: December 5, 2022, 10:36:28 pm »
Is that one of Bryan Adams’ earliest hits?

Wrong century I think.

Popcorn's Art

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #363 on: December 17, 2022, 06:56:45 pm »
More delays in the introduction of the new trains;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-64002104

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: December 17, 2022, 07:53:27 pm »
In hindsight, with all the strikes over Christmas and New Year, it was a long shot to see these trains in service by the end of 2022. But then, maybe Rotheram was optimistic of a deal with the RMT before the government stuck its oar in.  That said, never make promises you can't keep.

There's still a load of these trains in storage around Crewe isn't there? They should really be looking to get them moved up asap.

Popcorn's Art

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #365 on: December 17, 2022, 08:39:13 pm »
Still no way we see them in the first 6 months of 2023.

They still need to do track/platform alterations to Liverpool central which was supposed to be done but the 1st wave of RMT strikes stopped it.

Even though Merseyrail have agreed their driver/guard deal (which includes the safety critical role of guards. Something the government is trying to take away from everyone else), they are still very far behind in the training.

They tried to reduce the Kirkby line to try and shoehorn in some testing but they've stopped that now.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: December 19, 2022, 03:04:13 pm »
Trains to finish at 4.30pm on Christmas eve and no trains on Boxing day now due to the strike action being taken by RMT

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: December 19, 2022, 10:25:05 pm »
bloody hell, 4.30 is stupid early. They're normally on till about 8pm

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #368 on: January 13, 2023, 03:36:53 pm »
The new trains in passenger service could be imminent, final obstacle is an agreement with ASLEF on T&Cs for drivers.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/first-new-merseyrail-trains-could-25970364
#Sausages

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #369 on: January 13, 2023, 03:43:59 pm »
The new trains in passenger service could be imminent, final obstacle is an agreement with ASLEF on T&Cs for drivers.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/first-new-merseyrail-trains-could-25970364

What annoys me more than anything is that this was never a reason given for the delay in the trains, blame was put everywhere else, some which made no sense whatsoever.

It's a joke really.
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: January 13, 2023, 04:58:40 pm »
What annoys me more than anything is that this was never a reason given for the delay in the trains, blame was put everywhere else, some which made no sense whatsoever.

It's a joke really.

The biggest hurdle was alway the agreement between Merseyrail and RMT which represented the guards.

Keeping the guards on the train as the safety critical dispatch was a red line in the negotiations

This one with ASLEF is more rubber-stamping. I don't think this is was ever a sticking point to getting the trains out . Just more union bashing by the Echo

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: January 13, 2023, 07:34:50 pm »
Here's hoping we see them on the rails by spring. Last I heard, they had enough for New Brighton/West Kirby, but there's loads of units in storage Daunn Sarrfff.

I think they'll prioritise the Kirkby line, given the new station being built. They'll need the BEMU's for that though.

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: January 15, 2023, 11:06:00 am »
In case anybody didn't know - although anyone using the trains probably does! - the reduced service on the Kirkby line was reintroduced from January 9th, due to driver training on the new trains.

And they've finally got around to shutting Liverpool Central for the engineering works that were originally scheduled for November I think.

This all ties in with the article Statto shared about trains coming into the Kirkby Line first.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #373 on: January 15, 2023, 06:00:49 pm »
I'm still convinced you could buy one online daysaver and basically Photoshop the date

but I'm too ethical to try

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: January 15, 2023, 06:16:12 pm »
I walked past St Michael's today and took a few pics. There was  freightliner parked up. No idea why, but maybe it has something to do with the engineering works.

EDIT: apologies for the poor photo quality - I had to use a converter app on my phone to reduce the quality to something I can upload. (4mb vs 200kb).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 09:17:07 pm by Red Berry »

Popcorn's Art

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: January 17, 2023, 12:32:53 pm »

Deal agreed

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: January 17, 2023, 05:39:00 pm »
I walked past St Michael's today and took a few pics. There was  freightliner parked up. No idea why, but maybe it has something to do with the engineering works.

EDIT: apologies for the poor photo quality - I had to use a converter app on my phone to reduce the quality to something I can upload. (4mb vs 200kb).

Get yourself a free photobox account, you can then upload your pics to there and then put them on here
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: January 17, 2023, 06:44:12 pm »
Get yourself a free photobox account, you can then upload your pics to there and then put them on here

I've got one, but I make it a rule not to have apps on my phone that I won't use except once in a blue moon.

Popcorn's Art

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #378 on: January 17, 2023, 06:55:46 pm »
Christ alive what are they doing to that station?! Total rebuild? I lived around the corner from it for a while in 1985 - loved using it to get in and out of town. As for the freightliner's presence, doesn't the line extend beyond Hunts Cross towards Warrington/Manchester anyway?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: January 17, 2023, 06:56:19 pm »
First new trains will move into full service from Monday

Will begin a 15 month program of replacing all the lines

Hence the rushed engineering works taking place this weekend

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #380 on: January 17, 2023, 07:00:00 pm »
Christ alive what are they doing to that station?! Total rebuild? I lived around the corner from it for a while in 1985 - loved using it to get in and out of town. As for the freightliner's presence, doesn't the line extend beyond Hunts Cross towards Warrington/Manchester anyway?

Yes it does, the line is the old CLC line, before Liverpool Central was rebuilt in the 70s, the line went via Warrington Central to Manchester, nowadays trains using the line beyond Hunts Cross use Lime Street main line.
#Sausages

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: January 17, 2023, 08:40:38 pm »

Yes it does, the line is the old CLC line, before Liverpool Central was rebuilt in the 70s, the line went via Warrington Central to Manchester, nowadays trains using the line beyond Hunts Cross use Lime Street main line.

Aye. The Freightliner will have joined the Northern Line somewhere either around Hunts Cross, or the main line through Liverpool South Parkway.

As for what they are doing at St Michael's, they're replacing the old ramps with lifts to the platform, so they've had to do quite a lot of work to shore up the embankments and put in concrete foundations. The engineering works themselves were originally slated for November, but got called off because of the planned strikes, then abandoned when the strikes were called off. Will be amazing to finally see the new trains!

EDIT: Fucking hell, some of the comments on here. I know  there are a few Tory voters in Liverpool, and I think they're all over this article! :o

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/new-merseyrail-trains-start-welcoming-26002144
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 08:46:56 pm by Red Berry »

Popcorn's Art

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #382 on: January 19, 2023, 09:53:12 am »
First new trains will move into full service from Monday

Will begin a 15 month program of replacing all the lines

Hence the rushed engineering works taking place this weekend

am i sad? (don't answer that question) but i'm gonna video myself on a new train

...okay okay okay - i am sad

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: January 19, 2023, 09:54:42 am »
Of course, we'll need proof.......  8)

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #384 on: January 19, 2023, 10:04:00 am »
Still makes zero sense to me that these were all meant to be on the lines in 2020 (March 2020 stopped all that) and will now take 15 months for them all to be on.
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: January 19, 2023, 10:48:52 am »
am i sad? (don't answer that question) but i'm gonna video myself on a new train

...okay okay okay - i am sad

I'm thinking about buying a train set in Hornbys new TT scale and I take photos of the differnt HGV units I drive, we're all saddos
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: January 19, 2023, 12:02:37 pm »
Fuckin love railways me........

Here's a pic I took in 1989.

Can you guess where?

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: January 19, 2023, 12:09:29 pm »
Still makes zero sense to me that these were all meant to be on the lines in 2020 (March 2020 stopped all that) and will now take 15 months for them all to be on.

There's a load of new trains in storage, but they need to do 500 miles on the network before being certified for public use. That takes time, as you have to fit that around the existing timetable. It can't all be done at night.

Popcorn's Art

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: January 19, 2023, 12:11:05 pm »

Can you guess where?

St Michael's, or maybe just after Otterspool. Looking towards Hunts cross.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: January 19, 2023, 12:11:43 pm »
St Michael's, or maybe just after Otterspool. Looking towards Hunts cross.
Way off with former, much closer with latter.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: January 19, 2023, 12:42:52 pm »
Way off with former, much closer with latter.

I thought the bridges you can see are the other stations - Aigburth, Cressington. But maybe you're actually looking the other way?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: January 19, 2023, 12:47:14 pm »
I thought the bridges you can see are the other stations - Aigburth, Cressington. But maybe you're actually looking the other way?
Looking towards Hunts Cross but beyond it, looking back towards town.

At the bottom of Gateacre valley was an old railway line that had been turned into a footpath, the Hunts Cross end of which had literally nothing, no barriers at all, before rejoining the mainline. So I took this photo. HX is either the 1st or 2nd bridge you see. Most likely 2nd, because otherwise you'd see the station house on the first, I think.....

Not sure if that footpath still exists - one hell of a great walk though back in the day.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 12:49:37 pm by 24/7 »

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #392 on: January 19, 2023, 12:50:36 pm »
I'm thinking about buying a train set in Hornbys new TT scale and I take photos of the differnt HGV units I drive, we're all saddos

it's amazing the new train sets with the lights, noise and smoke etc - didn't know about that until i watched a hornby series on one of the freeview channels

and trucks lorries etc are awesome - especially when you see one of those 'abnormal' loads which takes up 2 lanes and has loads of cars and flashing lights etc

see - told you i was a sad nerd - but a happy one all the same  :wave
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: January 19, 2023, 12:59:59 pm »
it's amazing the new train sets with the lights, noise and smoke etc - didn't know about that until i watched a hornby series on one of the freeview channels

and trucks lorries etc are awesome - especially when you see one of those 'abnormal' loads which takes up 2 lanes and has loads of cars and flashing lights etc

see - told you i was a sad nerd - but a happy one all the same  :wave

Its the first of the new series where they've shown the TT (table top) scale - 1:120 rather than 1:76 - comes out in Summer. Its £270 for the Scotsman digital set  :o I signed up for the TT club for free, that gets 20% off.

As for trucks, the abnormal loads are ace, see some great ones carrying stuff like tanks, trains, wind turbines and huge factory eqpt.

Some get painted in ace colours too, J. Davidsons aren't far from me, so I see their trucks a lot

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: January 19, 2023, 01:02:26 pm »

At the bottom of Gateacre valley was an old railway line that had been turned into a footpath, the Hunts Cross end of which had literally nothing, no barriers at all, before rejoining the mainline. So I took this photo. HX is either the 1st or 2nd bridge you see. Most likely 2nd, because otherwise you'd see the station house on the first, I think.....

Not sure if that footpath still exists - one hell of a great walk though back in the day.

Is that path the 'Liverpool loop line' (aka rallah)? Runs fron Halewood (the Halewood triangle) to Aintree. Best bike path we have, stupidly nowhere near me.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: January 19, 2023, 01:04:36 pm »

Can you guess where?

As a kid, I loved it the first time we went into Central, it was like Space 1999 with all the lights flashing past.

When the kids were younger, we used to take them to the East Lancs Railway in Bury - did a steamtrain ride for my eldests 4th b/day, Thomas ride for the youngests 3rd, did the Santa Express a couple of Christmas Eves and other visits. Mate of mine has been on the Flying Scotsman, well jealous

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: January 19, 2023, 01:17:07 pm »

Ahh, I think I've been by there, about 10 years ago, although not in that specific spot. Is that close to Halewood Park?  If so, the nearer bridge would be part of the footpath/cycle path that used to be part of the railway that runs past Sainsbury's in Old Swan?  That line was supposed to be turned into the "Outer Loop" back in the 70s?

I once walked that path from Old Swan to Halewood, was lovely. I also walked the other way, from Old Swan to Formby, then back to Old Road. That was a trek!

Popcorn's Art

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: January 19, 2023, 01:22:07 pm »
Red Berry & redbyrdz yeah that would make sense......Halewood is pretty much the area where that path ends so yeah and it heads E/NE/N/NW eventually so it could end up at Aintree as you say.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: January 19, 2023, 01:36:29 pm »
Red Berry & redbyrdz yeah that would make sense......Halewood is pretty much the area where that path ends so yeah and it heads E/NE/N/NW eventually so it could end up at Aintree as you say.

If you go on google maps and turn on cycling (as a layer), it's very easy to find.

It goes from Halewood to Aintree, but you can then link up to the trans pennine trail (TPT) and follow it all the way to Southport. It's about 25 miles (probably a bit more from Halewood), so deffo a long day out on foot!

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: January 19, 2023, 01:41:50 pm »
It goes from Halewood to Aintree,

yeah the Ralla is great but the bit in Aintree turns into a fucking jungle, they could do with sorting an actual cycleable path through it rather than having to pack my machete to get out to the canal on the other side...only ever made my way through it once. then came back via the canal to Bootle. Lovely ride in Summer.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.