Author Topic: New Annie road, small to medium expansion plans shelved.  (Read 107330 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
New Annie road, small to medium expansion plans shelved.
« on: July 24, 2019, 10:44:59 pm »
From Peter Moores today

NEW YORK — The next proposed expansion of Anfield will be more substantial than initially envisioned.

Capacity at Liverpool‘s stadium rose by about 8,500 to approximately 54,000 with the opening of a new Main Stand for the 2016-17 season. Chief executive Peter Moore, during an interview Wednesday at the headquarters of The Associated Press, said the permit allowing an expansion of about 4,000 to the Anfield Road end will be allowed to expire in September.

"That is insufficient for our plans. We’re continuing to analyze what is the optimum number," he said. "I think in the next few months you’re going to hear from us as regards to what those plans will be. I can tell you definitively it won’t be the rather small-to-medium plans we had recently."

Moore said the club faces challenges because the stadium is in a residential area, and it plans to work with the City Council and neighbourhood groups. Liverpool has frozen ticket prices for four straight seasons.

"You just can’t build this massive stadium without limits here. We’re very cognizant of the impact we have on the residents," he said. "The ability to get people into a ground and get them out of the ground is important as well as the size of what we’re building."
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New Annie road, small to medium expansion plans shelved.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 10:53:26 pm »
That sounds great, Anfield is an intimidating fortress already, imagine it even larger.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 11:09:04 pm »
Great news that, can't wait to see the plans.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 11:37:23 pm »
Anyone got a link to this?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2019, 11:46:50 pm »
Cheers. Gonna be interesting to see what the plans are!

Plans for Christmas time I reckon..

Get started for the summer when the training complex  is done.
W

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 11:47:52 pm »
Great news.  We're going big.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2019, 11:52:20 pm »
Honestly I am very excited to hear this. A world class training facility and stadium that comes closer to fulfilling ticket demand is essential to our development.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2019, 12:16:33 am »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2019, 12:58:58 am »
they've seen Meady's posts :D

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2019, 01:40:53 am »
exciting.

FSG taking their time to get things right

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2019, 04:06:15 am »
Most likely only fantastic news, but I have this nagging doubt about overdoing it. Don't want the ground to lose it's aura or beautifully ugly lack of symmetry.

The Main Stand couldn't have turned out better. I'm sure this will too. Just don't want this to be a massive overhaul solely for the sake of gate receipts.

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2019, 08:34:40 am »
Looing forward to seeing what they come up with. I'm sure it still wont start until the training ground is finished though.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2019, 09:27:28 am »
Great news. I think 65,000 can be filled easily seeing the hassle required to get tickets. Case can be made for 70,000 but I'm not sure that would be possible.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2019, 09:41:42 am »
Great news. I think 65,000 can be filled easily seeing the hassle required to get tickets. Case can be made for 70,000 but I'm not sure that would be possible.
I can’t see anything above 62000 being physically possible by just doing the Annie road
W

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2019, 12:29:21 pm »
For those in the know, what do we reckon is the maximum the Annie Road could go to in terms of total capacity (provided we could build the transport links and appease residents etc?

I mean if everything else was surmountable (I'm aware it's probably not) how much could we add, in theory?

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2019, 04:06:59 pm »
For those in the know, what do we reckon is the maximum the Annie Road could go to in terms of total capacity (provided we could build the transport links and appease residents etc?

I mean if everything else was surmountable (I'm aware it's probably not) how much could we add, in theory?
The biggest one tier stand in the country is 17,500 in the Spurs stadium and 13,500 is the second being the Holt End.

Anfield Road is already 9,000 so we can't add much more than 4,500 to 8,500.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2019, 07:12:37 pm »
The biggest one tier stand in the country is 17,500 in the Spurs stadium and 13,500 is the second being the Holt End.

I've no insight into building so this might be a no-go anyway, but surely if there is going to be a new ARE they would round the corners off somehow and make it more of a wrap-around as this would surely add more seats?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2019, 07:17:34 pm »
I've no insight into building so this might be a no-go anyway, but surely if there is going to be a new ARE they would round the corners off somehow and make it more of a wrap-around as this would surely add more seats?

I would imagine it's possible but difficult to do on the Kenny side; the roof support on the main stand side is so massive I don't think there's any way to build around that corner.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2019, 08:09:12 pm »

It’s wouldn’t be added to it would be rebuilt.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2019, 08:27:14 pm »
It’s wouldn’t be added to it would be rebuilt.
Speculation or informed comment?
W

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2019, 09:01:02 pm »

That’s just going off how we did the main and wouldn’t imagine the new plans would be too extreme from the current ones that’ll run out.  Top tier would be straight off.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2019, 09:05:03 pm »
That’s just going off how we did the main and wouldn’t imagine the new plans would be too extreme from the current ones that’ll run out.  Top tier would be straight off.
but the main was kind of added to.  The lower tier was totally remodelled but essentially kept.

Doing the same with the Annie road would surely make it more difficult  to increase capacity?

Very interested to see their ideas though.
W

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2019, 09:48:35 pm »
I'm guessing it's no coincidence we're hearing more of this when our neighbours are releasing their plans.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2019, 10:04:49 pm »
Are we looking at a situation where the stand is completely demolished and rebuilt or more like a redevelopment, a la Main Stand?

As exciting as this news is what kind of delays could we expect if we are reviewing upgrading the stand far beyond the original estimate?  That's a hell of a redesign.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2019, 10:25:42 pm »
I think the corner of the kenny dalglish stand where the tv box is could be altered to add a fair few seats as that corner is a bit of a mess.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2019, 10:57:36 pm »
but the main was kind of added to.  The lower tier was totally remodelled but essentially kept.

Doing the same with the Annie road would surely make it more difficult  to increase capacity?

Very interested to see their ideas though.

I know they kept and remodelled the lower but the stand is pretty much new. I would have thought they will look at doing the same.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2019, 11:14:17 pm »

Isnt it all speculation, I followed all the stadium extension threads and noted most of the informed posters pretty much arguing 60k is the max we could/would go. To be honest, I take pretty much everything with a pinch of salt unless its confirmed by those in the Club. Will definitely be interested to see what the plans are now, seeing as the current planning permission will be allowed to elapse.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2019, 08:55:27 am »
Is the shifting of the away fans happening before the redevelopment or after? Moving to the KD side.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2019, 08:56:12 am »
Isnt it all speculation, I followed all the stadium extension threads and noted most of the informed posters pretty much arguing 60k is the max we could/would go. To be honest, I take pretty much everything with a pinch of salt unless its confirmed by those in the Club. Will definitely be interested to see what the plans are now, seeing as the current planning permission will be allowed to elapse.
I’m not sure how we can go much beyond 60,000 to be honest.  Physically fitting any more in the space will be quite a challenge.

And by informed comment, I meant did he have inside knowledge...
W

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2019, 09:31:35 am »
As long as it doesn't look like St James Park then the bigger stand the better.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2019, 09:58:16 am »
I love the juxtaposition between different parts of this forum

Members sale thread: we need more tickets as it's too hard to get them

This forum: the ground must not look asymmetrical so we shouldn't expand too much!

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2019, 10:12:17 am »
I love the juxtaposition between different parts of this forum

Members sale thread: we need more tickets as it's too hard to get them

This forum: the ground must not look asymmetrical so we shouldn't expand too much!

And in a few years it'll be - it's impossible to get Cup Final tickets as there's too many people in the ballot!

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2019, 12:44:29 pm »
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Just thank our lucky stars that we didn't move out to a tinny new stadium like loads of people were advocating. Thankfully we didn't sell our souls. This is Anfield still means far  more .
Regarding the redevelopment of any part of our ground,  never underestimate the residents' lobby and city councillors .Nothing should be taken for granted. As much as we reckon that a huge redevelopment is the logical step forward,   people live there  (some of my own family) and many of them reckon they've been pissed around with for far too long. Not my opinion,  but a lot of the local community's.
That our owners have already managed to get this far is testimony to their diplomacy skills. Thankfully they look as if they know what they're doing and are well capable of delivering.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2019, 02:16:09 pm »
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Just thank our lucky stars that we didn't move out to a tinny new stadium like loads of people were advocating. Thankfully we didn't sell our souls. This is Anfield still means far  more .
Regarding the redevelopment of any part of our ground,  never underestimate the residents' lobby and city councillors .Nothing should be taken for granted. As much as we reckon that a huge redevelopment is the logical step forward,   people live there  (some of my own family) and many of them reckon they've been pissed around with for far too long. Not my opinion,  but a lot of the local community's.
That our owners have already managed to get this far is testimony to their diplomacy skills. Thankfully they look as if they know what they're doing and are well capable of delivering.

Well said. For all the (light) mocking of those of us who don't just want the ground as big as possible with no real regard for it's character (I know, it's intangible and weird to talk about but I think it's a thing), I think think all of us are (or should be) delighted we don't have an Emirates or similar high quality new stadium that is utterly shit to go to

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2019, 11:42:04 am »
Great news. Looking forward to concrete developments. No pun intended.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2019, 12:26:18 pm »
Great news. Looking forward to concrete developments. No pun intended.

Really - no pun intended? I figured you had paved the way and laid a great foundation for a walkway of puns.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2019, 04:05:46 pm »
Are we looking at a situation where the stand is completely demolished and rebuilt or more like a redevelopment, a la Main Stand?

As exciting as this news is what kind of delays could we expect if we are reviewing upgrading the stand far beyond the original estimate?  That's a hell of a redesign.

I would wager it will be done almost exactly similar to main stand - they won't want to lose any capacity during a season. New additional structure, supports and roof will be built over existing ARE. Old roof and supports cut out during off season.  Some posters have predicted/argued no new hospitality/boxes but I am not so sure.  I would predict it will be from field up:

1. Existing bottom tier
2. Existing 2nd tier
3. New row hospitality/boxes
4. Massive new 3rd tier

Total capacity of stand increased around 8k, stadium to 62k

I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2019, 04:08:18 pm »
I would wager it will be done almost exactly similar to main stand - they won't want to lose any capacity during a season. New additional structure, supports and roof will be built over existing ARE. Old roof and supports cut out during off season.  Some posters have predicted/argued no new hospitality/boxes but I am not so sure.  I would predict it will be from field up:

1. Existing bottom tier
2. Existing 2nd tier
3. New row hospitality/boxes
4. Massive new 3rd tier

Total capacity of stand increased around 8k, stadium to 62k

You've never been at the back of the first tier of the ARE, that second tier is getting demolished and rebuilt because the overhang is horrendous and severely restricts views.