Author Topic: Happy Valley  (Read 21729 times)

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
Re: Happy Valley
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2016, 12:54:40 pm »
I think I agree. It would just become another procedural - Heartbeat with violence. I'd rather see her do something new than push this one too far.

Is right. Perhaps it's gotta be a real glamorous bitchy role or a big mama Tony Soprano type figure. A complete bastard but hugely lovable. The opposite end of the spectrum to the selfless heroine she now owns lock stock and barrel.

:)

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2016, 01:31:46 pm »
'Whore. Slapper. Slag. Trollop. Filthy bitch. Pox merchant.'

True love.

that scene put me in mind of this pair 

:D
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2016, 01:35:48 pm »
how the hell did I not watch the first series of this? its filmed where I live, I even got fed by the crew because they filmed where I work! this season is excellent though. and to go back to an earlier conversation, the detective who killed his mistress (played by Amelia bullmore,who was in coronation street with sarah Lancashire) who did in his wife in 'the lakes' was helped in that series by his sister-in-law who was played by Annabelle apsion who also played jenni hicks in jimmy mcgoverns 'Hillsborough'. I love all these links in top shows!!

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #83 on: March 1, 2016, 10:00:09 pm »
Why do the prison officers let Tommy and Frances talk like that? Faces almost touching and him being aggressive?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #84 on: March 1, 2016, 10:17:56 pm »
Spoiler
Farm boy is the serial killer I reckon
[close]

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #85 on: March 2, 2016, 12:13:21 am »
Spoiler
[close]

Totes.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: March 2, 2016, 01:13:29 am »
Think it's Neil.Clares new boyfriend. all pointing to him for me,  only clue I cant work out is how come the lad arrested for killing the prostitutes told the girl he would stick a bottle inside her. I can't remember any episode telling the public about the bottles.
Superb series again, sick bas.. in prison convincing his psycho new girl friend with his logic to do harm was brilliant writing and acting.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: March 2, 2016, 12:50:11 pm »
Late to the party as usual but just watched Series one first episode.

As soon as i saw that guy Ashley I would have put my mortgage on him being Alun Armstrong's son. Fucking double of him!!

Anyhow, great opening episode and I want more :)

Offline Jonny-LFC

• Kopite
  • Yorkshire Red
« Reply #88 on: March 2, 2016, 01:03:09 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

Totes.

Spoiler
Almost seems too obvious to me, dent in the car, rope in the boot...

Anyone else spot that when the copper (fella) goes home and Hayley from Corrie had changed the locks, that her car was already in the drive way and the reg plate started with the same as that white van? (C5SS or something) - At least I'm sure it was!

I reckon he'll get caught in the end for killing that Vicky (Sonia from Partridge!)
[close]

@JonnYNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #89 on: March 2, 2016, 01:11:02 pm »

Spoiler

Anyone else spot that when the copper (fella) goes home and Hayley from Corrie had changed the locks, that her car was already in the drive way and the reg plate started with the same as that white van? (C5SS or something) - At least I'm sure it was!

I reckon he'll get caught in the end for killing that Vicky (Sonia from Partridge!)
[close]

The Butler did it! Enjoying that little sub plot of the detective having to investigate that murder and wondering of he can pin it on someone else.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #90 on: March 2, 2016, 01:16:38 pm »
Lad at work lives just down the road from the house that Hayley (Corrie) lives in. 

Offline Jonny-LFC

• Kopite
  • Yorkshire Red
« Reply #91 on: March 2, 2016, 01:24:35 pm »
Lad at work lives just down the road from the house that Hayley (Corrie) lives in. 

Where is that - been trying to work it out for a while!
@JonnYNWA

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #92 on: March 2, 2016, 01:37:23 pm »
Near the hospital - opposite where the Ambulances to A&E go in just about

Offline Jonny-LFC

• Kopite
  • Yorkshire Red
« Reply #93 on: March 2, 2016, 01:39:36 pm »
Near the hospital - opposite where the Ambulances to A&E go in just about

Nice one. Baffled me why they met in Wills O Nats when he was being bribed/drugged. It's a right trek from Hebden/Sowerby to get over there! Especially when she lived in Ripponden!
@JonnYNWA

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #94 on: March 2, 2016, 02:21:17 pm »
Nice one. Baffled me why they met in Wills O Nats when he was being bribed/drugged. It's a right trek from Hebden/Sowerby to get over there! Especially when she lived in Ripponden!

My MD was in there a week before the series started for a Sunday lunch.  He said this pie was gorgeous

"The Yorkshire Italian Job - A magnificent Steak Pie with the flavours of the Mediterranean. Hints of Panchetta, Spicy Chorizo, Oregano & Italian Red Wine. Topped with melted Gruyere Cheese followed by a Parmesan Cheese Crust."

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: March 2, 2016, 02:26:14 pm »

Spoiler

[close]
Spoiler
Just checked and the reg plate was SH55 VWE
Changing my opinion on this now as all the proof that Neil did it is probably a clue to something else he was involved with when he worked with Vicky. the detective met her when he investigated a fraud at the building society, both Neil and Vicky had to pack in their jobs but we dont know why yet. he says she was blackmailing him so were led to assume she must have drugged him and took photos as well,so something must of happened after he stopped paying the blackmail money and his marriage broke up. so what happened to make both to make both of them leave their jobs at the building society. I can understand one but not both. need more clues but i think they have the killer now. just too much evidence against him and as it's TV were ignoring it as it's too easy. maybe  that part of the story is ending and the final 2 episodes are about the relationship between Neil and the Vicky and the detective who murdered her.
[close]
« Last Edit: March 2, 2016, 05:12:26 pm by Alan_X »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #96 on: March 2, 2016, 02:26:24 pm »
My MD was in there a week before the series started for a Sunday lunch.  He said this pie was gorgeous

"The Yorkshire Italian Job - A magnificent Steak Pie with the flavours of the Mediterranean. Hints of Panchetta, Spicy Chorizo, Oregano & Italian Red Wine. Topped with melted Gruyere Cheese followed by a Parmesan Cheese Crust."

Offline Jonny-LFC

• Kopite
  • Yorkshire Red
« Reply #97 on: March 2, 2016, 03:01:22 pm »

Lived in Huddersfield for a year and went there quite a bit - yep, it's worth visiting for that pie, it's lovely!
@JonnYNWA

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #98 on: March 2, 2016, 03:22:23 pm »
Cletus Spuckler killed the ladies of the night which will be revealed after the results of his DNA test but they'll try and pin the murder of Sonja on Janice Garvey's new squeeze with the great big gnashers before Hayley Cropper throws her ex under a bus, not a proverbial one, but a fucking big red bus.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #99 on: March 2, 2016, 03:34:10 pm »
Cletus Spuckler killed the ladies of the night which will be revealed after the results of his DNA test but they'll try and pin the murder of Sonja on Janice Garvey's new squeeze with the great big gnashers before Hayley Cropper throws her ex under a bus, not a proverbial one, but a fucking big red bus.

SPOILER TAGS FFS! :no
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: March 2, 2016, 04:11:52 pm »

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #101 on: March 3, 2016, 01:41:31 pm »

More likely to be a First Bus round our way although we do have TJ Walsh (local bus company) that are mostly red

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: March 3, 2016, 03:53:19 pm »
I see where your going with this but can't agree, the driver of the big Red bus with the great big gnashers is Jack, of I hate you Butler fame. Janice Garvey wouldn't go near him. dirty git.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #103 on: March 6, 2016, 05:38:34 pm »
another great episode, obviously. 

Spoiler
the scene dismantling the scalextric was incredible TV. 

three possible suspects for the killer, and nothing really to choose between them.  i really hope that whole mystery doesn't unravel into silly twists etc.  as it stands it could well be that one person is being blamed for the independent crimes of two others. 

it's all quite a departure from the first series, where there was no element of whodunnit whatsoever.

[close]
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: March 9, 2016, 05:21:16 am »
Excellent one again, although a couple of times I did find myself saying "bout fucking time n all"!

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #105 on: March 9, 2016, 11:44:41 am »
The fella banging on the pub door with his shirt off effing and blinding is a daily occurrence in Sowerby Bridge

Offline Jonny-LFC

• Kopite
  • Yorkshire Red
« Reply #106 on: March 9, 2016, 12:54:52 pm »
The fella banging on the pub door with his shirt off effing and blinding is a daily occurrence in Sowerby Bridge

Especially in the Moorings at their prices!

Usually goes down in the Turks Head!
@JonnYNWA

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #107 on: March 9, 2016, 01:02:41 pm »
For me Stratford Johns as Barlow, James Gandolfini as Tony S, Ian McShane as Al S, Dean Norris as Hank Schrader each became unmissable in their respective screen roles/characters. I was enthralled, nay, mesmerised as much if not more by them than the amazing shows in which they appeared. For me Sarah Lancashire as Catherine has now attained the same sort of level in Happy Valley. So good it makes me drool as I watch her intuitive genius in each scene she appears.

Acting at a level beyond any rational criterion.

;D 

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #108 on: March 9, 2016, 02:20:36 pm »

Is that a long walk home for you?

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #109 on: March 9, 2016, 03:50:44 pm »
Is that a long walk home for you?

Far too long (although the "Yorkshire Police" station is about 30mins) - I don't drink in Sowerby Bridge - I pop down the Shears near where the prossies hang out (in Happy Valley).

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #110 on: March 9, 2016, 03:52:06 pm »
Especially in the Moorings at their prices!

Usually goes down in the Turks Head!

I thought you'd be in the 'Spoons! 

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #111 on: March 9, 2016, 03:54:43 pm »
Far too long (although the "Yorkshire Police" station is about 30mins) - I don't drink in Sowerby Bridge - I pop down the Shears near where the prossies hang out (in Happy Valley).

Afternoon Mr Pleat.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: March 9, 2016, 04:08:22 pm »
Brilliant episode again, going to be one explosive final episode and deserves far longer than 1hour.
Surely the copper gets knicked for killing Vitcoria to the delight of his misssus.
Pycho school teachers days are numbered obviously. will she blow Tommy Lee up or are the police entitled to put 2+2 together and knick him anyway.
I wonder if Mother of the year will top herself as well,theres no doubt the police will know what's gone on from his DNA so no mystery except for Victoria.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #113 on: March 9, 2016, 04:11:18 pm »
Spoiler
Once again the part I enjoyed most was the rollercoaster of emotions the guilty detective was going through. With every new briefing their was a flicker in his eyes of happiness or despair based on whether he thought he was starting to be in the clear or whether the case was being looked at again.
[close]

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: March 9, 2016, 04:17:22 pm »
For me Stratford Johns as Barlow, James Gandolfini as Tony S, Ian McShane as Al S, Dean Norris as Hank Schrader each became unmissable in their respective screen roles/characters. I was enthralled, nay, mesmerised as much if not more by them than the amazing shows in which they appeared. For me Sarah Lancashire as Catherine has now attained the same sort of level in Happy Valley. So good it makes me drool as I watch her intuitive genius in each scene she appears.

Acting at a level beyond any rational criterion.

;D
Mate I love the show and I think she's amazing in it, genuinely. I just didn't want to appear sycophantic, writing a more serious response.

I very, very rarely watch any terrestrial productions, this and The Night Manager are possible the first two original dramas I've watched in years (besides Sherlock, Doctor Who and Luther although I'm not sure how original these could be counted now ;D), they're both of a very high standard but at the minute HV pips it and that's purely down to SL and the performance she puts in, she embodies the character and the role. I think that's really saying something given the talent on show in TNM.

I don't think I've scene her in anything before (I know she's been in Corrie is it?) so it's been a bit of a revelation for me, I'd personally throw every award I could at her for this and that's before we've even had the finale!

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: March 9, 2016, 04:19:56 pm »
Spoiler
Once again the part I enjoyed most was the rollercoaster of emotions the guilty detective was going through. With every new briefing their was a flicker in his eyes of happiness or despair based on whether he thought he was starting to be in the clear or whether the case was being looked at again.
[close]
Spoiler
The bit in the car when he thought he was getting away with it, then him strolling into the house and laying down the law was hilarious.....in a very black way of course.
Then the next morning walking into work and having the rug pulled from under him was a sight to behold.
[close]

I can hear the points of view orator saying..."Bravo!" ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: March 9, 2016, 04:20:57 pm »
Snip
Spoilers maybe? You might get lynched for this ;) 8) :wave

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: March 9, 2016, 04:37:49 pm »
Mate I love the show and I think she's amazing in it, genuinely. I just didn't want to appear sycophantic, writing a more serious response.

I very, very rarely watch any terrestrial productions, this and The Night Manager are possible the first two original dramas I've watched in years (besides Sherlock, Doctor Who and Luther although I'm not sure how original these could be counted now ;D), they're both of a very high standard but at the minute HV pips it and that's purely down to SL and the performance she puts in, she embodies the character and the role. I think that's really saying something given the talent on show in TNM.

I don't think I've scene her in anything before (I know she's been in Corrie is it?) so it's been a bit of a revelation for me, I'd personally throw every award I could at her for this and that's before we've even had the finale!
Same here except for Dr Who. never been a fan except for the Christmas episodes.
Watched many tv dramas but few stand out better than HV. I don't think I could find anything to criticize even if I wanted to. script and acting superb every episode.even the little lad was brilliant last night.
Am not sure about spoliers though m8. if I was a cop in HV. I would have arrested 3 people up to now and they would all be suing for wrongful arrest. :)
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #118 on: March 9, 2016, 05:00:16 pm »
Spoiler
The bit in the car when he thought he was getting away with it, then him strolling into the house and laying down the law was hilarious.....in a very black way of course.
Then the next morning walking into work and having the rug pulled from under him was a sight to behold.
[close]

I fucking adored it. What a loathsome creature!

Spoiler
Had a good laugh during the pub scene as well.

"Oh go and fuck yourself up the arse!"

"You go and fuck yourself up the arse!"

;D
[close]
« Last Edit: March 9, 2016, 05:02:25 pm by Snail »

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #119 on: March 9, 2016, 05:42:27 pm »

Superb stuff Titi lad. Glad I pm'd you now!!!

;D

The missus reckons she was terrific in Last Tango in Halifax but I never saw it. I'll certainly dig it out after happy valley is finished. I'd seen her in Corrie but simply assumed the Racquel role was effectively her playing herself. I now realise she was doing in Corrie what she does in Happy Valley - namely immersing herself lock stock and barrel within the character/role until it has so consumed her and she it that the transition is seamless and a joy to behold.