Author Topic: Thank you Carra!  (Read 55819 times)

Online telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
Thank you Carra!
« on: May 14, 2013, 12:44:57 am »
Just wanted to say thanks to Jamie Carragher.

A true professional, gentleman, and and an inspiration for generations to come.

On Sunday he will play his 737th and final game for Liverpool Football Club.

Thank you Jamie for everything. Legend.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 12:46:44 am by telekon »
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
Re: Thank you Carra!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 08:46:25 am »
Hear, hear!

What a career. I hope he comes back in a coaching role sooner rather than later.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 11:17:06 am »
Gonna miss him for sure. Obviously Istanbul is the highlight of his career. Thanks Carra
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 11:20:16 am »
Thanks Carra

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 11:22:24 am »
A promising young goal scoring midfielder...he's going to be useful for us...

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 11:26:33 am »
Thanks Carra.

Ahah, that picture of him walking off with a dislocated shoulder, going absolutely mad at Kyrgiakos for not being ready to come on against Spurs just summed him up really. I love him, Sunday is going to be so sad.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 11:32:02 am »
Thanks Carra.

Ahah, that picture of him walking off with a dislocated shoulder, going absolutely mad at Kyrgiakos for not being ready to come on against Spurs just summed him up really. I love him, Sunday is going to be so sad.

when scrolling down that's the one that got me chuckling straight away - carra bollocking our bench for not being ready even tho he'd stretched out coming off to give them time  :lmao
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 12:03:22 pm »
I've never really known a Liverpool team without Carragher.

Hero of mine and definitely alongside Sami Hyypia at the top of my all time favourite defenders list.

Will miss him yelling at anfield and i'll even missing the hoofing but

Will never forget Champs LEague Final  :champ and the shift and tackles he put in plus his performances against big clubs at his prime juventus, real madrid...him dominating torres that time we played chelsea just after he signed for them..

We All Dream Of A Team Of Carraghers. :-[ :'(

YNWA Jamie, hope you give that rat-faced gary neville a hard time of it on Sky next year :scarf
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 12:38:53 pm »
End of an era...for Liverpool and for football in general - you'll never see this kind of one club man again at the top end of the game. Thanks Jamie....remember to give those media tools a deserved proverbial kick up the arse!
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online dosx

• Kopite
  • This is Anfield
    • LFC
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 12:43:21 pm »
My tribute to the great man doing Sturridge dance

🔥97🔥

Offline CognacBut

• BrandyAss
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 12:44:04 pm »
Great photos.

Nice one Carra, true club Legend.

It is not goodbye but au revoir. You will be back.

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 12:44:47 pm »

It seems like a life time ago when he raced on to the pitch at Middlesbrough as a fresh faced young substitute to make his debut in a losing League Cup tie. And then shortly after making his full Anfield debut, announcing his arrival by clattering into Andy Townsend in the first minute (fair play to Townsend he didn't make much of it) and then of all things scoring at the Kop end. Never realised at the time that we were witnessing the start of a legendary career and a legendary red. Top bloke in every way.

Offline Runehammer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 12:47:51 pm »
Warrior and legend, not the greatest footballer but he'll be sorely missed.

Offline Gerrraaaddd

• Kemlynite
  • There is only one Steven Gerrard.
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 12:57:57 pm »
Carra is boss. I'm gob smacked by the thought that there is going to be a Liverpool squad without Carra in it.Thanks for the memories you legend! Now get them coaching badges.

PS.On a side note,any good 'Gerrard=Carragher' pics?
"No player was more important than Liverpool Football Club" - The one and only,King Kenny. YNWA

JFT 96

Offline BabsLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 01:03:04 pm »
To realise that it has come to an end, and that Sunday will be his LAST game for the club gives me an empty feeling. What a fucking legend to our beautiful club and his leadership and love for our club will be missed.

Offline MacJanner

• Absolute useless poster; his style of play cons no one into thinking he's a decent writer.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • Lenin doesn't like me.
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 01:22:58 pm »
Im dreading never seeing him again  :( Been ever present for so long!

Offline Death by Football

• Anny Roader
  • ► JFT96 ◄
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 01:24:17 pm »
Not making any plans to watch Carra's last game with my mates this weekend as I know I'll probably be crying like a baby before, during and after the match  :-[

Offline joeyboswell

• Main Stander
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 01:36:07 pm »
Just finishing reading his book. I've pretty much heard everything in the book anyway through other people's tales but reading his own words confirms the fact he's a top lad and a dying breed I'm sorry to say. I'd love to see him working with the youth set-up...maybe his dedication and work ethic could rub off on them. Then we could really have a team of carraghers in the future.

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If there was ever a reason for human cloning, Steven Gerrard is it.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 02:46:42 pm »
Coates should have this thread, not Carragher.

Its a disgrace.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2013, 02:53:36 pm »
That defensive perfomance against Milan is up there with any perfomance from any player in any team. EVER.

TOTAL LEGEND!

"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2013, 02:55:47 pm »
Coates should have this thread, not Carragher.

Its a disgrace.
:D

Online telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2013, 07:08:55 pm »
Carra is boss. I'm gob smacked by the thought that there is going to be a Liverpool squad without Carra in it.Thanks for the memories you legend! Now get them coaching badges.

PS.On a side note,any good 'Gerrard=Carragher' pics?

This one is from their last game together on the pitch.

What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Dirk18Kuyt

• Kopite
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2013, 07:16:20 pm »
Never known a side without him. Made his debut two or three years after I entered the world so he's all I know.

From the treble winning side to Istanbul to his resurgence this year!

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2013, 08:13:44 pm »
Damn it, I can't believe its his last 90 minutes coming up.  :'(
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline skibaboo

• Baljeev's mate, and a good egg.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us dream, or at least stop the nightmares..
    • Anxiety Central
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2013, 08:16:21 pm »
I'm in that egyptian river. Can't even think about it, gonna be bawling like mad Sunday. 
bj. coutinho will be labelled the greatest liverpool player of all time once he hangs up his boots
u can quote that, put it in ur sig

bj. and if he aint, ill eat my own penis
http://www.anxiety-central.com/

Offline Kopendscorer

• Main Stander
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2013, 10:58:29 pm »
How about a 'There's only one Gary Neville' chant on Sunday. Bet he would have a laugh at that !!!

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2013, 11:07:45 pm »
Thanks carra for everything you have done for the mighty reds.Next season give rat boy a kick every chance you get  ;) YNWA a liverpool legend.
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2013, 09:19:27 am »
Thank you Carra, a true Liverpool legend. In the Top 10 greatest players to ever play for this historic football club,

Plus I apologise Mods if this isn't the right place but just saw this on Skysports, great praise indeed from in my opinion the greatest player in Premier League History

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8713752/Jamie-Carragher-hailed-as-one-of-the-best-by-Arsenal-legend-Thierry-Henry

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2013, 09:33:52 am »
He is no Lloyd Jones though ;) :P

Seriously brilliant career and what a great swan song season, would have preferred he was here in the Rodgers coaching staff than with Sky but maybe he can bang out Shreeves at the office party. :thumbup

Brilliant servant , Brilliant bollocker of men. Tenacious Defender !  :wellin :wellin :wellin
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline bobbyjames

• Anny Roader
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2013, 10:00:02 am »
Some great images, and even better memories. It's going to be weird not having Carra around next season  :(

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2013, 10:18:51 am »
Gonna miss him for sure. Obviously Istanbul is the highlight of his career. Thanks Carra

Thanks indeed. Magic night that. And I'll always remember him for getting back up to play on, despite the pain. If I was to sum up his career with one moment, that's the one. I think he's proud of that. Imagine when you look back at your career and you can point to such a thing. Respect.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline TitanTrigger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2013, 10:19:13 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_AcLzt0eICo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_AcLzt0eICo</a>

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2013, 11:43:53 am »
I'm going to be teary eyed at Anfield this sunday.  Thanks Carra... there'll never be another like you.

Offline Shankly!Shankly!

• Anny Roader
  • JUSTICE
    • Inside Forward
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2013, 11:57:50 am »
gonna be sorely missed. as a lot have already said, i dont know a LFC without him. gonna have to told back the tears
'At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.'

https://www.insideforward.co.uk/

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2013, 12:12:54 pm »
Word is - he's going to start his lap of honour 5 minutes before everyone else, seeing as he's so slow.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2013, 12:31:10 pm »
737 games is a ridiculous achievement. What a player he was at his best, and what an achievement to spend your whole career at Liverpool FC.

The fact he's played more than anyone other than Callaghan is phenomenal.

Will never forget that coin throwing incident against Arsenal either, managing to hit every person in the stand with one throw...

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2013, 12:31:36 pm »
Would be great if Carra can score on Sunday, if we get a pen will Carra take one?

Carra's performance 2005 Champions League Final sums him up, suffering from Cramp, but still stretching to make important tackles/blocks.
#Sausages

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2013, 12:34:26 pm »
Does anyone know how many games Gerrard and Carragher played together? Must be up there with any pair?

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2013, 12:34:46 pm »
We are blessed with so many players over the years that could legitimately be called legends. Carra is most definitely on of them. He will be back one day - of that I have no doubt
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019