Author Topic: Benfica Away  (Read 55128 times)

Offline davsteer

• Anny Roader
Re: Benfica Away
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2010, 12:24:15 am »
I go out to Tenerife on 30th so was hoping to get a flight from there, wouldn't think it would be too hard eh? cant find anything less than about £220 each!
cant go for more than 2 days or mrs would string me up, may have to fly to madrid and drive.... be a long one.
Any bright ideas out there that I may have missed?

Offline Master ScouseKnee

• Kopite
  • Oh, the sun is on the Harbour
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2010, 01:46:00 am »
Cant wait, four days in and out of Faro, I love Portugal and Lisbon in particular! My best tip for Potugal: Sagres or Super Bock, you decide!
Bored of manufactured consent

Offline dazjones

• Main Stander
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2010, 02:36:27 am »
good luck and all the best mate, i'm so wound tight tonight after all the searching and eventually slumping for something i wasn't happy with i've had enough now so i'm calling it a night, no doubt i'll bump into longworth as i'm going and coming out of heathrow ;D

Did you book my flight too?

PM details mate, oh and Tina's coming on this one so will need that spare ticket ;)

Offline balticred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2010, 02:47:20 am »
"We have been made aware that pilots for the TAP Portugal airline have announced a six-day strike over pay conditions. Industrial action is expected to take place between the 26th to 31th of March 2010.

The airline expects significant disruptions to its service, therefore we strongly recommend our customers rebook to another flight outside the strike dates (Subject to availability)."

Just seen this - not going to help

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2010, 07:13:15 am »
Will be plenty having to give this a miss due to high air fares because of easter, the lack of many travel options to Portugal and now the planned TAP Portugal airline strike.

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2010, 07:56:09 am »
Pilots' Strike: updated information
TAP Portugal has received notification of strike action from the Union of Civil Aviation Pilots for the period running from 26 to 31 March 2010. In this section, all updated information on flights and customer recommendations will be made available.

For crying out loud   :'(

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2010, 08:34:50 am »
oh for fucks sake another strike
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2010, 09:17:30 am »
with regards to the TAP strike, i've just spoke to my booking agent opodo and they have not received any info through from them with regards to re-arranging travel and what they plan to do, TAP offices are closed today and i've got to ring back on monday. Wether they do what BA are doing and put you on another airline for no extra cost only time will tell.

www.misternobody.co.uk

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2010, 11:47:10 am »
It says on their site that its contact centres are currently helping clients change bookings from flights on the days nominated for strike action to other dates outside that period. Should make sure that you ask a few questions on monday mate.

http://www.flytap.com/UK/en/TAP/Company/Press/PressReleases/9984
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 11:50:50 am by matchball »

Offline AndoNagasaki

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • the devil makes good use for these hands of mine
« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2010, 11:49:41 am »
I'm on holiday so I'm going to have to miss this one.  Shame as I didn't go to Benfica last time and really fancied this.   :(
the trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin I keep sliding off to the side

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2010, 01:43:45 pm »
Cant wait, four days in and out of Faro, I love Portugal and Lisbon in particular! My best tip for Potugal: Sagres or Super Bock, you decide!

Remember asking for 3 Super Bock's in Porto and getting 3 big fuck off glasses of Port, decided to down them anyway's to my regret!!! :)

Offline GeeFJay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2010, 01:45:54 pm »
cheers matchball i see that link earlier, first thing on monday i'll be looking for another option going out and see if they'll cancel this one and give me a refund, i reckon i'm going to have a fun couple of days!

www.misternobody.co.uk

Offline PAC-MAN

• 'Hanging on the telephone - you're our number one'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2010, 05:08:29 pm »
prices rise again
Can't stand the left-wing lunatics

Offline GeeFJay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2010, 09:36:31 pm »
stop searching ;D

www.misternobody.co.uk

Offline Red Man 4 Eva

• Main Stander
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2010, 12:12:34 am »
ConorYNWA - sent you an email lad bout the flights.

The best price I can get is by buying one way tkts on easyjet and monarch to Faro. Out on monarch from birmingham on wed morning at 6.25, then the train for 18,50€ from faro to Lisbon. Then leaving Faro on friday at 20.45 back to liverpool for 65€. With all this fucking about you can do it for about 165 quid all in (flights and trains). 

Offline PAC-MAN

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2010, 01:53:18 am »
ConorYNWA - sent you an email lad bout the flights.

The best price I can get is by buying one way tkts on easyjet and monarch to Faro. Out on monarch from birmingham on wed morning at 6.25, then the train for 18,50€ from faro to Lisbon. Then leaving Faro on friday at 20.45 back to liverpool for 65€. With all this fucking about you can do it for about 165 quid all in (flights and trains). 

that sounds good!!! well spotted might look into that

Offline diddyfaz-golborne

• Kopite
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2010, 06:53:08 pm »
anyone thinking of going to faro on the morning of the game and then the train to lisbon?

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2010, 09:05:17 pm »
anyone thinking of going to faro on the morning of the game and then the train to lisbon?

A few going via Faro from what I hear. We were going to give it a miss because off the silly fares about but now going via Faro has reduced it a lot, even allowing for the return train fare. So we are going wed to Faro, night there then train to Lisbon on thurs, stay the night and back via Faro on the Fri.

Link for anyone who needs to book train from Faro to Lisbon online is,

http://www.cp.pt/cp/displayPage.do?vgnextoid=9b17f9e12a584010VgnVCM1000007b01a8c0RCRD

« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 09:12:48 pm by matchball »

Offline Red Man 4 Eva

• Main Stander
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2010, 09:41:18 pm »
Just checked the prices now and they've gone up a bit from last night so a few must have booked these.

Monarch Wednesday, 31 Mar 10  ( ZB 402 ) Birmingham to Faro : Dep 06:25 and Arr 09:20 *- fare £72.49 *- taxes & chgs £30.76 total price = £103.25

EasyJet  Friday, 2nd April (EZ 7200) Faro to Liverpool : Dep 20:45 and Arr 23:35 * 1 Adult @ * 1 x €77.99 = Total flights and options for all passengers: €77.99

Tuesday - Sat is £84 out and 53€ back to Liverpool 

Offline Red Man 4 Eva

• Main Stander
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2010, 09:54:55 pm »
Gatwick to Porto booking with TAP on Wednesday is £114 one way and back with TAP but booked with expedia on Friday night for £79. It seems taking the one ways is the cheapest way to do it.

Another one I just spooted is Faro to Gatwick on Friday night with Expedia is £30.75 now flying with Easyjet (EZ 8930)

Defo deals to be had if you shop around lads and take the one ways

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
  • I just carnt get enough....
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2010, 12:06:39 am »
Looks like it might be best to grab to singles.

Is it better to book sooner or any chance of prices dropping nearer the time?

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2010, 12:29:56 am »
Fuck it... decided not to go. Just cant afford the high travel price for the 2 days work will allow me off. Bloody Lisbon...I fuckin new it would be like this before the draw... I told my mates this would be the hardest and most expensive to get to. Just our luck. Will go to the home leg instead now.

Offline balticred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2010, 10:44:25 am »
Anyone got advice on best area to stay in Lisbon?

Offline GeeFJay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2010, 11:23:57 am »
TAP the portugese airlines are on strike the 31st March, if you are booked on a flight for this day get hold of your booking agent ASAP

i was booked to go out on the 1340 from heathrow but have just contacted opodo.co.uk who i booked with and i'm now on the 0815 the next day the day of the game.

check out this info from TAP:-

http://www.flytap.com/Portugal/en/TAP/Company/PilotsStrike/FAQs/

if you didn't book direct with TAP and went through an agent like me its likely they haven't heard of this strike as it appears to have only been announced on the 18th March?, if they are not aware of the strike they should contact TAP for more info and you should be offered a full refund or a chance to fly another day, the cost of the flight for the 1st April is 3 times the amount i originally paid but under TAP's info linked above you should not have to pay any difference and if booked under a strike action date it will be done at no extra cost :D

on another note:-

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/association=por/news/newsid=1466727.html?emv_mid=1104785188&emv_rid=1001068329983

www.misternobody.co.uk

• Kopite
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2010, 11:56:15 am »
A quick question for everyone, on the advanced selling notice on the website it says: "All applications must be received at the Ticket Office by Wednesday 24th March 2010." Will it be ok to go down on Wednesday afternoon or will I have to go down tuesday?

Offline GeeFJay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2010, 12:16:30 pm »
just to be safe i'd get it in before the wednesday, might not be a problem though but i wouldn't risk it.

www.misternobody.co.uk

Offline TLT

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2010, 12:44:03 pm »
I giving this one a miss. Time off work, the nightmare with the lights, the dodgey bank balance. All doesn't add up for me unfortunately. Gutted cos Lisbon looks ace

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2010, 12:50:57 pm »
A quick question for everyone, on the advanced selling notice on the website it says: "All applications must be received at the Ticket Office by Wednesday 24th March 2010." Will it be ok to go down on Wednesday afternoon or will I have to go down tuesday?

You will be ok to go down on Wednesday, just like other ticket details it means close of business on the date stated.

• Kopite
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2010, 01:13:17 pm »
Cheers mate!

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2010, 03:23:01 pm »
too pricey, swerving :(
If he scores more goals than Torres this season ill change me name to Carol.

Offline ronnnie yates

• Anny Roader
  • today we settle all family business.
« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2010, 03:58:00 pm »
just been on flightscanners ,looks like there are some more options than there has been over the last 2 days

Offline PAC-MAN

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2010, 12:01:27 pm »
Expedia - fly from Mancheter 31st then back on the 2nd..... with hotel 5 star (Tiara park) £333

Fly out at 7.30 then connect at London, Leave London at 10.10 get into Lisbon for 12.50

Fly from Lisbon at 11am get back at 9pm though!!

Good price all in all considering its a 5star hotel and its 1km from the centre. flying with British airways

Offline PAC-MAN

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2010, 12:07:57 pm »
Expedia flight and hotel, manchester to Lisbon staying in the Hotel Praia do Sol flying out on 31st and coming back on the 2nd is £280 all in!!!!

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2010, 12:48:36 pm »
Expedia flight and hotel, manchester to Lisbon staying in the Hotel Praia do Sol flying out on 31st and coming back on the 2nd is £280 all in!!!!
Cheers Dean,day too late for me,booked last nite,liverpool to faro,ryanair,31st,leaving at 7-35,arrive faro about 10-30,train from faro to lisbon@1-20pm,arrive lisbon 6ish,staying at sana executive hotel,by the san sebastion metro,four stops from the stad de luz,getting the 13-20 train back to faro on friday,arriving 17-20,then on the 20-05 easyjet flight to liverpool,arriving about 23-30...gonna leave it to macco to book for valencia!!!!!

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2010, 01:08:34 pm »
Cheers Dean,day too late for me,booked last nite,liverpool to faro,ryanair,31st,leaving at 7-35,arrive faro about 10-30,train from faro to lisbon@1-20pm,arrive lisbon 6ish,staying at sana executive hotel,by the san sebastion metro,four stops from the stad de luz,getting the 13-20 train back to faro on friday,arriving 17-20,then on the 20-05 easyjet flight to liverpool,arriving about 23-30...gonna leave it to macco to book for valencia!!!!!
How much is the overnight train from Faro to Lisbon mate?

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2010, 01:11:07 pm »
Is anyone staying in Faro on the wed 31st night? Will be in the bars about 9pm ish.

Offline rhylred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2010, 01:11:13 pm »
anyone intrested,just had an e-mail from flite options running a one nite trip direct from liverpool,getting into lisbon mid morning,getting back to liverpool at 5 0'clock friday afternoon cost £319

Offline rhylred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: March 23, 2010, 01:12:40 pm »
How much is the overnight train from Faro to Lisbon mate?
dont know about the overnite,but our return is £46.

Offline steviewonders

• Main Stander
« Reply #118 on: March 23, 2010, 03:34:26 pm »
Is anyone staying in Faro on the wed 31st night? Will be in the bars about 9pm ish.
assume you've been to faro before - if not it's not the liveliest of towns mate.

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #119 on: March 23, 2010, 04:04:41 pm »
assume you've been to faro before - if not it's not the liveliest of towns mate.

I haven't but I did hear that. No probs tho because as we are only there for the night I'm sure we'll find a decent local bar to sink a few!