Author Topic: BT Broadband  (Read 10472 times)

Offline mulfella

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hedgehogs are boss
Re: BT Broadband
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2009, 01:01:49 pm »
They have died and are thereby dead. They are re-animated corpses. The undead is a subset of the dead.
Ven diagram or it didn't happen
A place full of grammer Nazi's?
'Grammar' and no apostrophe in 'nazis'.

Offline ElSheak

• Poster Boy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Royal Liverpool FC
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2009, 01:38:24 pm »
BT HomeHub routers now have issues with the firmware, where uploading files (of almost any size) resets the Hub.

BT know this and provide fuck all work arounds and the BT Boards are full of people with the same problems.

No sign of a new firmware update after promises from BT.

Ok apart from this load of bollocks.
"This very valuable asset..." No Tom. We are not an 'asset'. We are Liverpool Football Club.

Superlicious Istanbul 2005 poster – now available and seen here! (© Adrian Newell)

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2009, 07:50:45 am »
DownStream Connection Speed     5611 kbps

At last! ;D

Offline tdog

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2009, 11:31:28 am »
Bt are quite good, they don't care about P2P.

Offline Stonerdude

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2009, 11:39:30 am »

:lmao

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2009, 11:39:48 am »
they do, it just varies in different areas

STFU and agree with me.

Offline tdog

• Main Stander
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2009, 11:31:29 pm »
they do, it just varies in different areas

interesting, do they slow the speed down on purpose then? i always thought they were too much in debt to be bothering about p2p usage.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2009, 09:25:27 am »
Ven diagram or it didn't happen

Ven diagram.

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2009, 11:22:54 pm »
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2009, 11:34:36 pm »
I've got Sky and it was around 6MB on an 8MB line. Now i'm lucky to get 2mb at off peak times. At my dads hes got Virgin 20mb and has never got under 12mb even at peak. They're deffinately the best and most consistant

Offline redchiz

• No income tax, no VAT
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Reds are coming up the hill, boys...
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2009, 01:36:40 am »
I've got Sky and it was around 6MB on an 8MB line. Now i'm lucky to get 2mb at off peak times. At my dads hes got Virgin 20mb and has never got under 12mb even at peak. They're deffinately the best and most consistant

Unless you haven't got a cable in your street, obviously.
"Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number,
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you -
Ye are many - they are few." Percy Bysshe Shelley

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2009, 09:02:01 am »

Yes, based on that one example they're clearly the best in the business.

FFS
STFU and agree with me.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2009, 09:30:13 am »
Are Virgin's call centres the same ones that NTL used? If so, the possibility of ever having to call them would put me off even contemplating using them.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2009, 09:41:44 am »
hehe, one of my mates BE connection has been dropping like crazy the last 2 weeks so he phoned them up, got some Indian chap on the line who clearly was lifted straight form Fonejacker, not the "ings" indian guy thought, the "Doovde" guy

"Can I have your BIT number"

"Sorry, my BIT number "

"Yes sir, the BIT number"

"I don't know what a BIT number is"

"You're BIT number for your telephone Sir"

"My BT number?"

"Yes Sir, you're BIT number"
STFU and agree with me.

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2009, 09:47:07 am »
Do what I did, ring them and ask them to manually up the speed. Mine's gone up again: DownStream Connection Speed     7093 kbps.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2009, 10:36:48 am »
Do what I did, ring them and ask them to manually up the speed. Mine's gone up again: DownStream Connection Speed     7093 kbps.

you should ring them again and ask for more :)
STFU and agree with me.

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2009, 10:47:13 am »
you should ring them again and ask for more :)

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2009, 04:10:54 pm »
Yes, based on that one example they're clearly the best in the business.

FFS

Not just based on mine but based on friends who say the same ffs.

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2009, 06:52:09 pm »
Not just based on mine but based on friends who say the same ffs.

I'd be inclined to agree. Did I not recieve free BB from BT I would always take the cable option provided it was available in my area.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2022, 02:40:31 pm »
I recently left BT for Sky.

We were paying BT £81pm for broadband, a telephone line (we don't have a home phone) and BT Sports. It went up to £91 2 months ago so I thought f-that and called Sky to see what they could do. Long story short, Sky could do us everything for a lot less and some add-ons we had elsewhere that we moved across.

However, I have received my 'final bill' from BT which says I am in credit by £414 and they would refund me within the next 7-14 days.

How on earth does that happen? We had been with BT for a long time, maybe 7-8 years, and were never ever paying that much but our recent deal expired and I didn't contact them to see if they could do better, so we had been paying £81 for the best part of a year I'd say, up from £50 something.

But I didn't think this happened with phone/broadband.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2022, 03:33:28 pm »
I recently left BT for Sky.

We were paying BT £81pm for broadband, a telephone line (we don't have a home phone) and BT Sports. It went up to £91 2 months ago so I thought f-that and called Sky to see what they could do. Long story short, Sky could do us everything for a lot less and some add-ons we had elsewhere that we moved across.

However, I have received my 'final bill' from BT which says I am in credit by £414 and they would refund me within the next 7-14 days.

How on earth does that happen? We had been with BT for a long time, maybe 7-8 years, and were never ever paying that much but our recent deal expired and I didn't contact them to see if they could do better, so we had been paying £81 for the best part of a year I'd say, up from £50 something.

But I didn't think this happened with phone/broadband.
That should pay for a few dates on the Taylor tour next summer :)
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2022, 04:37:58 pm »
How do people pay so much for BT broadband. Surely should be no more than about £24 month.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2022, 11:54:27 pm »
That should pay for a few dates on the Taylor tour next summer :)

Haha! You’d hope so!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2022, 11:55:07 pm »
How do people pay so much for BT broadband. Surely should be no more than about £24 month.

Got lazy. Let it creep up without negotiating a new price after our 18month term ended.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2022, 09:20:16 am »
I'm on BT Broadband, on a fixed term contract until the end of January, which is now at £42.24 a month :butt, definitely looking to leave BT when the contract is up.

I'm looking at Plusnet, unlimited fibre for £23.99 a month, on an 18 month contract,  29.2Mb minimum guaranteed speed, 8 - 10Mb estimated upload speed is the package.
#Sausages

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2022, 03:46:38 pm »
with phone line mine is £78 per month, it's Fibre to the Property 1gb connection, I will be leaving, however, once my contract ends in August as much cheaper deals now available
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2022, 03:56:16 pm »
Just had a look and equivalent to my BT set up I can get Talk Talk for £49, Sky for £51 and Vodafone for £55.  BT are coming out now at £55 but don't want to recontract with them
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2022, 11:39:24 pm »
Well yes,  was more thinking of FTTC rather than FTTP.
Eitherway, wouldn't touch talk talk or Vodafone with someone else's shitty stuck for dial up never mind anything more.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: November 1, 2022, 12:11:31 am »
I've found talktalk to be top notch,had less hassle with TT than BT.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: November 2, 2022, 09:30:59 am »
I've found talktalk to be top notch,had less hassle with TT than BT.

They had a really bad rep at one point, my house mate used to work for them and we had BT, I think that says enough ;D

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #70 on: November 2, 2022, 09:39:10 am »
They had a really bad rep at one point, my house mate used to work for them and we had BT, I think that says enough ;D

Yep, the data breach TalkTalk had in 2015, & TalkTalk's casual reaction to it put me off them, they also had a malware router breach soon after that data breach, apparently TalkTalks reaction to that was just as casual, & they've also been ranked one of the worst landline, & broadband providers multiple times
#Sausages

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: November 2, 2022, 12:08:48 pm »

I am paying £67 a month for BT broadband, phone and BT sport on sky, standard definition as well.

Fuck knows what I was on when I signed up to that. Ends february though.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: November 2, 2022, 12:54:54 pm »
I pay 62 for 1Gig with Virgin. It's fine if your are plugged in and within about 10 metres but anymore than that and the hub goes to shite. They offer those WiFi pods, you download the app and test somewhere in the house, like the kitchen and if you can't get good coverage then they send you one out, except they don't because the app directs you to a 404 page error. I've always hated the WiFi with these.

I do a lot of online gaming, I don't have issues but my latency is usually hovering around 50 or so, if I changed providers to BT for example with similar speeds would it still be around that figure because that's just the result of how far I am from the game servers or could I get it reduced by changing providers?

Offline Ben S

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #73 on: November 2, 2022, 05:01:45 pm »
Never understand why people use their ISP provided router for WiFi as well. Buy a mesh system. Doesn't need to cost a lot but will be miles better than the bargain basic crappie ISPs provide.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: November 2, 2022, 06:09:25 pm »
Never understand why people use their ISP provided router for WiFi as well. Buy a mesh system. Doesn't need to cost a lot but will be miles better than the bargain basic crappie ISPs provide.

My internet is shite in the fact that sometimes the signal will drop and slow down. Would that sort of system help with that?

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: November 2, 2022, 06:18:12 pm »
I was paying £25 with Talktalk, now on Vodafone at £18. Customer service is shit as it goes to an outsourced call centre in India but can't complain about the speeds I'm getting. Then again, Talktalk's CS was shit as well as they outsourced to South Africa.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: November 2, 2022, 06:57:37 pm »
My internet is shite in the fact that sometimes the signal will drop and slow down. Would that sort of system help with that?

Depends if it's actually dropping on your connection or the wifi, test it with an ethernet.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #77 on: November 2, 2022, 11:15:18 pm »

100% this.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #78 on: November 3, 2022, 11:35:11 am »
BT's broadband pricing is getting very weird, mum uses them and hers was up for renewal, their quote for her renewal had 900mb service only £3 more than the 150mb one, and had 12 months of XBox Game Pass ultimate free (I'll be grabbing that thanks!)

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #79 on: November 4, 2022, 01:03:44 pm »
Just having a look at my broadband package, i'm getting 40mb download speed, for which i'm now spending £42.24 a month ::) contract runs out 28th January, so i'm definitely looking at switching.
#Sausages