Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2547745 times)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: The small things in life that really hannoy.
« Reply #35960 on: December 6, 2022, 01:06:21 pm »
Talk talk. Only been waiting since September for fibre to be installed and now have about 5 different appointments with no new equipment. Yes I'll take all the time you need off work to be in for your lucky dip anyday visit.

Talk Talk long regarded as one of the worst companies to deal with, their appalling reaction to the data breach scandal a few years back put me off them permanently, Talk Talk are cheap for a reason.
#Sausages

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #35961 on: December 6, 2022, 02:39:10 pm »
Talk Talk long regarded as one of the worst companies to deal with, their appalling reaction to the data breach scandal a few years back put me off them permanently, Talk Talk are cheap for a reason.
Have been with them a while and must have got lucky as never had any problems before but can see why they are at the bottom after the last couple of days speaking to them. Hoping I can go soon go back to silence is golden time.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2022, 02:40:41 pm by sheepfest »

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #35962 on: December 6, 2022, 02:40:13 pm »
Shit IT providers but excellent 80s band.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35963 on: December 6, 2022, 03:17:08 pm »
Shit IT providers but excellent 80s band.

:thumbup
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #35964 on: December 6, 2022, 04:31:03 pm »
Restaurants going to a set menu in December.
Fuck off Christmas
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35965 on: December 6, 2022, 04:53:53 pm »
Fuck off Christmas

Christmas menus are shite. We're going out for Christmas night out on Friday, but foregoing the food. Fuck paying £30+ for a badly made dinner.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35966 on: December 6, 2022, 05:04:19 pm »
Fuck off Christmas

My birthday is this weekend and it's caught us out in the past where the missus has taken me out and we've had to have the overpriced Christmas menu
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35967 on: December 6, 2022, 05:22:06 pm »
There was a time where with all the different works and group Christmas parties you could easily end up having 6 or 7 Christmas dinners so I'd make a point of ordering something else.

I'm old and stuffy so I only want a traditional Christmas dinner on Christmas Day.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35968 on: December 6, 2022, 08:46:16 pm »
There was a time where with all the different works and group Christmas parties you could easily end up having 6 or 7 Christmas dinners so I'd make a point of ordering something else.

I'm old and stuffy so I only want a traditional Christmas dinner on Christmas Day.

I worked in the Royal Clifton in Southport when I was 20, all I was eating was Christmas dinners from November. Worked Christmas day, got home, me Ma put a dinner in front of me and I was Ma I can't eat that, she was well pissed off

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #35969 on: December 6, 2022, 09:04:51 pm »
see this quite alot,lazy bastards riding a bike with a dog on
 a lead running like fuck trying to keep up wtf.
There's someone in Sefton Park with a novel way of exercising their dog. He flies a drone around the big field and the dog chases it all over the place. The dog seems to enjoy it though.

I'm just waiting for the dog to catch it one day and chew it up.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #35970 on: December 6, 2022, 11:14:34 pm »
My wife is doing some work experience in a local primary with a view to becoming a teacher.

Don't want to go all Yer Da, but what the frig is the Bar Method? Kids have to draw boxes to work out 3x2 now? Bring back long multiplication and the birch.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35971 on: December 6, 2022, 11:15:59 pm »
My wife is doing some work experience in a local primary with a view to becoming a teacher.

Don't want to go all Yer Da, but what the frig is the Bar Method? Kids have to draw boxes to work out 3x2 now? Bring back long multiplication and the birch.
are times tables still used these days?

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35972 on: December 6, 2022, 11:21:21 pm »
Heathrow managing to not get my bag onto my flight despite having 5hours to do it. :no

24 hours later BA still don't have a fucking clue. According to their baggage tracing website they are still serching for my bag, but when I phone them they insist it is in Heathrow but can't tell me when it will be flown out to Budapest where I am. Had to go out and buy clothes and tools for the job I am here to do which were in my hold luggage (the only reason I used hold luggage because I can't take my tools in cabin baggage).

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #35973 on: December 6, 2022, 11:34:25 pm »

Not necessarily in that order...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35974 on: December 7, 2022, 07:18:20 am »
24 hours later BA still don't have a fucking clue. According to their baggage tracing website they are still serching for my bag, but when I phone them they insist it is in Heathrow but can't tell me when it will be flown out to Budapest where I am. Had to go out and buy clothes and tools for the job I am here to do which were in my hold luggage (the only reason I used hold luggage because I can't take my tools in cabin baggage).

I've heard of people putting an apple airtag in their hold luggage, so they can track it themselves.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35975 on: December 7, 2022, 07:54:50 am »
I've heard of people putting an apple airtag in their hold luggage, so they can track it themselves.

Hate them things. Great idea in principle but that's if you live in a world that's isn't full of thieves and c*nts. Neither me nor the missus have an iPhone so we'd have no idea if one was attached to my bike, her car, her coat, her bag, in our luggage or other such shite

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35976 on: December 7, 2022, 08:15:47 am »
Hate them things. Great idea in principle but that's if you live in a world that's isn't full of thieves and c*nts. Neither me nor the missus have an iPhone so we'd have no idea if one was attached to my bike, her car, her coat, her bag, in our luggage or other such shite

Same here, and I wouldn't do the airtag thing either. But it does help with the luggage problem.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #35977 on: December 7, 2022, 08:25:21 am »

I kind of understand why whips and chains aren't allowed in the hold.

Back to currys.  They are now just lying to me. One agent telling me the return was booked in, on to check today , because I'm v suspicious of them now, and they are saying it isn't.  Currys 'uplift' numbers are rarer than Arsenal European cup wins.  NEVER buy large items from Currys, unless you are happy to list faulty\damaged goods on ebay!
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #35978 on: December 7, 2022, 08:33:50 am »
Creepy as fuck.....
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-63880969
Apple is being sued by two women who say AirTags were used to stalk them.

The small trackers are designed to be placed on wallets or keys, to prevent them from being lost.

However earlier this year the BBC reported that several women had found unwanted AirTags tracking them.

Apple has not yet responded to the BBC's request for comment.

Previously the company has said that its AirTags contain several measures that prevent unwanted tracking.

The lawsuit was filed in a San Francisco federal court.

The two women say the AirTags were used by their former partners to track them down.

They also argue that AirTags have been linked to murders this year of women in Akron, Ohio and Indianapolis.

Apple has long been aware, before it released AirTags, that they could be used for criminal activity. On releasing them, Apple said that "AirTags are designed to track items not people".

The devices use a bluetooth signal which can be detected by Apple's Find My Network.

The company says it has created a series of safeguards that protect people from being tracked.

AirTags make a beeping noise when separated from an owner for a period of time.

If an AirTag is found moving with a person the AirTag is not registered with, a message should appear on their phone alerting them to it.

The BBC has previously spoken to several women who say they were either notified of, or found, rogue AirTags. One said she found the AirTag taped to her suitcase.

"If you create an item which is useful for tracking stolen items, then you have also created a perfect tool for stalking," Eva Galperin, Director of Cyber Security at the Electronic Frontier Foundation, told the BBC earlier this year.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35979 on: December 7, 2022, 08:39:05 am »
I'm pretty sure I read that ^^^^ a while ago. Wonder what happend to the law case?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35980 on: December 7, 2022, 08:49:13 am »
Creepy as fuck.....
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-63880969
Apple is being sued by two women who say AirTags were used to stalk them.

The small trackers are designed to be placed on wallets or keys, to prevent them from being lost.

However earlier this year the BBC reported that several women had found unwanted AirTags tracking them.

Apple has not yet responded to the BBC's request for comment.

Previously the company has said that its AirTags contain several measures that prevent unwanted tracking.

The lawsuit was filed in a San Francisco federal court.

The two women say the AirTags were used by their former partners to track them down.

They also argue that AirTags have been linked to murders this year of women in Akron, Ohio and Indianapolis.

Apple has long been aware, before it released AirTags, that they could be used for criminal activity. On releasing them, Apple said that "AirTags are designed to track items not people".

The devices use a bluetooth signal which can be detected by Apple's Find My Network.

The company says it has created a series of safeguards that protect people from being tracked.

AirTags make a beeping noise when separated from an owner for a period of time.

If an AirTag is found moving with a person the AirTag is not registered with, a message should appear on their phone alerting them to it.

The BBC has previously spoken to several women who say they were either notified of, or found, rogue AirTags. One said she found the AirTag taped to her suitcase.

"If you create an item which is useful for tracking stolen items, then you have also created a perfect tool for stalking," Eva Galperin, Director of Cyber Security at the Electronic Frontier Foundation, told the BBC earlier this year.

I've been saying this for ages now, the developers who come up with these ideas have never lived in rough areas and have no idea how the mind of a criminal works. Keyless entry is perfect for car thieves and the fact that they didn't think of the security issues if the keys are constantly searching for the car shows they are clueless. Now they come up with a tracker that is perfect for thieves and wierdos. Did not one of them think "what if some c*nt puts one of these in my g/fs, wifes, husbands, kids pocket/bag/coat so that they can track and attack them?"

Todays small thing, took the wifes car in for its MOT this morning, its done 97 miles since its last MOT and has failed on a snapped spring. That'll have happened hitting one of the millions of potholes around here :no

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #35981 on: December 7, 2022, 09:50:18 am »

I wouldnt go that far but yeah there was years where I was fed up of turkey and ham by the 25th

however the work party on friday has nothing else decent
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35982 on: December 7, 2022, 01:44:58 pm »
I saw BA mentioned above. They are a bunch of twats and I've got an ongoing complaint with them which started in July.

I'm sure it's not limited to BA, but it's the practice of using dynamic pricing to charge more for certain flight times and then cancelling the more expensive one. In this case morning flights which cost significantly more than a 6pm flight (almost an extra day on holiday plus a relaxing 1st evening, vs an 8pm airport pick up and 1 hour journey). You weigh it all up and pay for the morning one, which they then cancel and put you on the evening flight. No apology, no refund and their view is you should be grateful they weren't all cancelled.

They can't have it both ways. They want dynamic pricing so that they can charge more on popular flight times, but then they don't refund when more expensive flights are cancelled. They need to choose which approach to take because the current one is awful for passengers.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35983 on: December 7, 2022, 02:12:02 pm »
sick to death of hearing ppl say "less" instead of "fewer". inarticulate twats every one of them.  the word "fewer" is disappearing.

if the next word out of yer gob is a plural - it's FEWER not LESS.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #35984 on: December 7, 2022, 02:46:43 pm »
sick to death of hearing ppl say "less" instead of "fewer". inarticulate twats every one of them.  the word "fewer" is disappearing.

if the next word out of yer gob is a plural - it's FEWER not LESS.
Heh heh, much can be said on this, and similar claims, linguistically, but this is a thread for getting ones feelings off ones chest and not one for discussion of such moans so I will hold my peace. The fewer said the better, eh? ;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35985 on: December 7, 2022, 02:56:41 pm »
Heh heh, much can be said on this, and similar claims, linguistically, but this is a thread for getting ones feelings off ones chest and not one for discussion of such moans so I will hold my peace. The fewer said the better, eh? ;)
at least you didn't say "hold my piece".  :)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #35986 on: December 7, 2022, 03:16:37 pm »
I saw BA mentioned above. They are a bunch of twats and I've got an ongoing complaint with them which started in July.

I'm sure it's not limited to BA, but it's the practice of using dynamic pricing to charge more for certain flight times and then cancelling the more expensive one. In this case morning flights which cost significantly more than a 6pm flight (almost an extra day on holiday plus a relaxing 1st evening, vs an 8pm airport pick up and 1 hour journey). You weigh it all up and pay for the morning one, which they then cancel and put you on the evening flight. No apology, no refund and their view is you should be grateful they weren't all cancelled.

They can't have it both ways. They want dynamic pricing so that they can charge more on popular flight times, but then they don't refund when more expensive flights are cancelled. They need to choose which approach to take because the current one is awful for passengers.

Similar worked in my favour. Away for a long weekend, flying from/to Liverpool, returning on the Monday on a 5.30pm flight. Liverpool was cheaper than all the Manchester flights.

Sleazy then cancelled the Liverpool flight and transferred it to Manchester, putting me on a return flight taking off at 1pm'ish. That knackers the whole day. There was a later flight (8.25pm) but this was about 3x what I'd paid for the Liverpool one. I called Sleazy, expecting to have to explode at them. The girl I spoke to was really helpful and just put me on the later Manchester flight with no extra charge. Result! Only regret was forgetting to ask for some complimentary things in compensation.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #35987 on: December 7, 2022, 03:27:50 pm »

Why do they need the times table when they’ll be sweeping chimneys at nine?

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35988 on: December 7, 2022, 03:29:08 pm »

Similar worked in my favour. Away for a long weekend, flying from/to Liverpool, returning on the Monday on a 5.30pm flight. Liverpool was cheaper than all the Manchester flights.

Sleazy then cancelled the Liverpool flight and transferred it to Manchester, putting me on a return flight taking off at 1pm'ish. That knackers the whole day. There was a later flight (8.25pm) but this was about 3x what I'd paid for the Liverpool one. I called Sleazy, expecting to have to explode at them. The girl I spoke to was really helpful and just put me on the later Manchester flight with no extra charge. Result! Only regret was forgetting to ask for some complimentary things in compensation.
Nice one. The bottom line is that your plans shouldn't be affected by airlines cancelling flights. With your original 5.30, you could have had a nice bit of lunch or what ever, then got your flight. A 1pm flight kills your day as you say. Sounds like decent customer service with them accepting that dynamic pricing cuts both ways. Agree about a bit of compensation though  ;) 8.30 is just a bit tooooo late what with work etc the next day.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35989 on: December 7, 2022, 03:31:42 pm »

To work out how many bricks up the chimney they have to climb to get to the bedroom fireplace.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #35990 on: December 7, 2022, 03:57:50 pm »
Nice one. The bottom line is that your plans shouldn't be affected by airlines cancelling flights. With your original 5.30, you could have had a nice bit of lunch or what ever, then got your flight. A 1pm flight kills your day as you say. Sounds like decent customer service with them accepting that dynamic pricing cuts both ways. Agree about a bit of compensation though  ;) 8.30 is just a bit tooooo late what with work etc the next day.

It's only Paris so just an hour & half flight (with the time difference, we land in Manc at 8.55pm GMT)

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #35991 on: December 7, 2022, 04:59:39 pm »

That is a very fair point.
As I was reading your post, I thought you were just being a bit mad moaning about dynamic pricing.
How is it any different paying for business and being bumped to economy?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35992 on: December 7, 2022, 05:25:16 pm »

That happened with us and TUI - supposed to fly out to Tenerife on a Monday next Feb - they cancelled the flights and offered us the next day. Meant taking the kids out of school, so cancelled the entire holiday and now flying on the Sunday with EasyJet and staying at a place we've stayed before.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #35993 on: December 7, 2022, 06:01:24 pm »
And then back to the workhouse by ten
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35994 on: December 7, 2022, 06:17:03 pm »
Media reporting of a couple of days of frosty weather ... in winter ... as though the apocalypse is upon us.  :duh

Growing up we had frost from top to bottom on the inside of the bedroom windows and it was just called winter. No multicolored warnings of impending doom in those days.  >:(
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35995 on: December 7, 2022, 06:30:31 pm »
Media reporting of a couple of days of frosty weather ... in winter ... as though the apocalypse is upon us.  :duh

Growing up we had frost from top to bottom on the inside of the bedroom windows and it was just called winter. No multicolored warnings of impending doom in those days.  >:(
weather reporters like to whip themselves and everyone else into a frenzy these days.  any time there's a winter storm possible, you'd think the world was about to end any minute.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35996 on: December 7, 2022, 06:35:05 pm »

It's like the dopey c*nts have never seen it before. It's December, it's Winter, it's normal

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35997 on: December 7, 2022, 06:37:17 pm »
weather reporters like to whip themselves and everyone else into a frenzy these days.  any time there's a winter storm possible, you'd think the world was about to end any minute.
I know. It's ridiculous. Everything has to be sensationalised and made into a drama these days. Even a few frosts in winter.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35998 on: December 7, 2022, 06:38:18 pm »
It's like the dopey c*nts have never seen it before. It's December, it's Winter, it's normal
Also known in the media as the end of days.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35999 on: December 7, 2022, 06:41:23 pm »

Don't know how they would have coped in 1996. I was managing one of our branches then, due to the temps being below -10 and the amount of burst pipes, we couldn't get any heaters as they were all on Hire, I had a massive list of people wanting to Hire Dehumidifiers and wet vacuum cleaners and again they were all out on hire. The area manager then walked into our branch and hired out the only heater we had left which we were using to keep warm. The Branch itself was two 2 up and 2 down houses knocked into 1 and it was fucking freezing, my office was -5c.

I ended up wearing 2 pairs of socks, thermals under my jeans, t shirt, jumper and 2 coats.

We smashed our targets that month and held enough income back to hit target for 4 months on the bounce ;D