Author Topic: Road Rage  (Read 37900 times)

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
Re: Road Rage
« Reply #200 on: September 27, 2017, 01:34:34 pm »
I was playing football last year and got a bit pumped up after coming back from 3-0 down to win 4-3. On the way home, I was driving the speed limit down a notoriously dangerous 60 road when someone overtook me and cut me up, just avoiding an oncoming car. I started flashing and tailgating, giving him the wanker signal and all sorts. So he slammed his brakes on, got out of his car and started walking towards mine, with nothing but anger wretched on his face... So I indicated to the right, pulled out, drove around him and his parked car, gave him a wave and an elaborate laugh, and carried on with my journey, with him driving behind me. Victory.

Why on earth would you do that? You're just as dangerous as him. Plus you shit out at the end.
Legacy fan

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #201 on: September 27, 2017, 01:44:56 pm »
I drive a lot on motorways due to work and its unbelievable the number of people who think its okay to just constantly weave in and out of free-flowing traffic, driving comfortably over the speed limit, and without indicating. They overtake one car in the middle lane, then move into the middle lane and undertake three cars in the fast lane, then go back into the fast lane and so on. I have no problem with this if people are in a lane to the right when they could be in a lane to the left, or even if you're a dickhead but only do it when the gaps are clearly there, but that isn't the case in these instances as everyone is overtaking anyway and in close proximity to each other.

It's a passing lane not a "fast lane".
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: September 27, 2017, 05:09:48 pm »
Why on earth would you do that? You're just as dangerous as him. Plus you shit out at the end.

This is a road rage topic... what did you expect from the stories?! But no, flashing someone is not as dangerous as overtaking a car at over 60mph with another car hurtling towards you. Like I said, I was pumped up.

Shit out by not getting into a fight or by not getting out of my car on a busy road ::)

It's a passing lane not a "fast lane".

You’re fun ;D

But yeah, you’re totally right.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 05:14:28 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #203 on: September 27, 2017, 05:21:08 pm »

Shit out by not getting into a fight or by not getting out of my car on a busy road ::)

You chased him, he stopped, you ran away.
Legacy fan

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: September 27, 2017, 05:22:10 pm »
You chased him, he stopped, you ran away.

Yeah, provoking a guy into a confrontation then legging it isn't really a victory in my book.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: September 27, 2017, 05:29:37 pm »
I think you’ve turned this into something in your heads that it really wasn’t. Rest assure that there was no Hollywood chase scene; the whole event lasted probably less than 20 seconds and in the heat of the moment I was simply acting on impulse. Any provaction on my part was provoked by the other driver, meaning no provaction on my part.

Morale of the story, dangerous driver who was desperate to get two seconds further down the road got his comeuppance by ending back behind the driver he nearly killed by overtaking.

Let’s leave it there folks.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #206 on: September 27, 2017, 05:50:26 pm »
I think you’ve turned this into something in your heads that it really wasn’t. Rest assure that there was no Hollywood chase scene; the whole event lasted probably less than 20 seconds and in the heat of the moment I was simply acting on impulse. Any provaction on my part was provoked by the other driver, meaning no provaction on my part.

Morale of the story, dangerous driver who was desperate to get two seconds further down the road got his comeuppance by ending back behind the driver he nearly killed by overtaking.

Let’s leave it there folks.

What was the 'elaborate laugh' you gave him as you fled the scene? Not sure I've heard one of them before
Legacy fan

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #207 on: October 3, 2017, 01:02:37 pm »
i dunno how ive never ended up in a fight with road rage

i hate coming across dickheads who brake for no reason or tiddle up to traffic lights and only speed up when it goes amber

id some bitch cyclist about 5 years ago out of nowhere banged on my window and then turned my mirror around. sorry to this day i didnt get out and boot the bike from under her

i hate c*nts who drive up behind you on a motorway doing 30mph over the speed limit right up to your back bumper. i never move out of the way for fuckers like that. when they then pull up alongside me i just blow them a kiss
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #208 on: October 3, 2017, 01:07:18 pm »
i hate c*nts who drive up behind you on a motorway doing 30mph over the speed limit right up to your back bumper. i never move out of the way for fuckers like that. when they then pull up alongside me i just blow them a kiss

Whilst I’ve zero time for those people - what are you doing in that lane of a motorway if a lane to your left is empty?

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: October 3, 2017, 01:26:58 pm »
Lots more companies starting to put dash cams into their company vehicles. Besides being a benefit in the case of an accident they're finding that driver behaviour is changing if they know they are being filmed.

I know that my driving habits would change if there was a chance that the police or my employer could use the data if there was a complaint or a crash. They're starting to pull data from car 'black boxes' and GPS during fatalities so it won't be long before they use other data.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: October 3, 2017, 01:55:10 pm »
Whilst I’ve zero time for those people - what are you doing in that lane of a motorway if a lane to your left is empty?

I've had loads of occasions when I'm legitimately in the lane and some fuckwit comes tear arsing up behind you and sits about 6 feet off your arse.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #211 on: October 3, 2017, 01:57:19 pm »
I've had loads of occasions when I'm legitimately in the lane and some fuckwit comes tear arsing up behind you and sits about 6 feet off your arse.

Oh I know it happens mate (had it plenty myself), hence saying have zero time for them, just seemed from how he said it he was sat in a lane he didn't need to be (never moves & they are able to pull up alongside suggesting that).

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: October 3, 2017, 01:59:10 pm »
Lots more companies starting to put dash cams into their company vehicles. Besides being a benefit in the case of an accident they're finding that driver behaviour is changing if they know they are being filmed.

I know that my driving habits would change if there was a chance that the police or my employer could use the data if there was a complaint or a crash. They're starting to pull data from car 'black boxes' and GPS during fatalities so it won't be long before they use other data.

My P/T employer has had them in the trucks for a few years now. They've not altered my driving, as I've always been defensive while driving the HGV (too much weight and potential for me to die to do anything else), but when I was a 22 yr old van driver, I would have been fucked if they had in car cams - I deffo would have had to change my driving back then.

I love having the camera, there are so many idiots on the roads these days, I feel better having the added security of knowing in a crash I will have proof of blame.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: October 3, 2017, 02:01:07 pm »
Oh I know it happens mate (had it plenty myself), hence saying have zero time for them, just seemed from how he said it he was sat in a lane he didn't need to be (never moves & they are able to pull up alongside suggesting that).

I read it differently, I took it that once he was past whatever he was overtaking, he just stayed there. Go on Razor, which one was it?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: October 3, 2017, 02:03:37 pm »

I find a lot of the time when someone is right up behind me in a passing lane, as soon as the space opens up to the left to move into, they quickly pull into it so that they can move alongside me. If I moved at the same time it would most likely cause an accident.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: October 3, 2017, 02:09:06 pm »
never said it was empty, maybe i should have been clearer

times im overtaking cars or theres cars infront of me holding me up and you get that shit

so then when it is empty i dont move for the same said people

if they are flashing me to get out of the way when it isnt possible then im not accomodating them when it is possible
« Last Edit: October 3, 2017, 02:10:44 pm by Hellrazor »

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #216 on: October 3, 2017, 02:14:04 pm »
never said it was empty, maybe i should have been clearer

times im overtaking cars or theres cars infront of me holding me up and you get that shit

so then when it is empty i dont move for the same said people

if they are flashing me to get out of the way when it isnt possible then im not accomodating them when it is possible

I'll let you off then. This time.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: October 3, 2017, 02:20:09 pm »
I'll let you off then. This time.
thanks officer ;)

again though you do get clowns that dont move when it is free and doing 60 in a 70

ill admit i did it inexperienced (hogged the outside lane too much) but you shouldnt be in the outside if its free on the inside.

if i see someone slightly quicker behind me and im overtaking someone i usually indicate well in advance before passing someone way slower so they know im planning to move (rather than wait til im well past before indicating)

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: October 3, 2017, 03:11:26 pm »
thanks officer ;)

again though you do get clowns that dont move when it is free and doing 60 in a 70

ill admit i did it inexperienced (hogged the outside lane too much) but you shouldnt be in the outside if its free on the inside.

if i see someone slightly quicker behind me and im overtaking someone i usually indicate well in advance before passing someone way slower so they know im planning to move (rather than wait til im well past before indicating)

When I'm in the truck, the biggest annoyance is the soft arse who sits in the middle lane at 50mph. I'm not allowed in lane 3, so I'll pass the idiot in lane 1.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: October 3, 2017, 03:17:49 pm »
When I'm in the truck, the biggest annoyance is the soft arse who sits in the middle lane at 50mph. I'm not allowed in lane 3, so I'll pass the idiot in lane 1.
the father in law was a tanker driver so i can sympathize

i hate the idiot ones that do go into lane 3 and do 51mph to overtake their mate doing 49 and cause a 2 mile tailback

beginning to sound like the things that annoy thread

id hate to do your job though

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: October 3, 2017, 03:25:45 pm »
Westbound 62 has been dreadful lately for people just sitting at 60-70 in the outside lane when the two other lanes are empty. Actually seems worse at night when there's hardly any traffic. It's compounded by others pulling behind them, flashing like mad and refusing to undertake even though they could do it relatively safely.

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: October 3, 2017, 03:29:35 pm »

What are you like in the 50 zones? Plenty of truckers seem to go nuts in them. Weaving and tailgating like crazy because the car in front is doing 'only' 52.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #222 on: October 3, 2017, 03:30:59 pm »
I thought I was going to get into a fight with a black cab driver the other day. I was driving near town and the lights changed, and he was pulling out of a side road and tried to squeeze through a tiny gap just because he's a cab driver and they do what they want. I edged forward deliberately to block him in because the gap was too small and he would have scraped down the side of the car. He threw his hands in the air and beeped. I gave him the finger and told him to fuck off, although laughing while I was doing it probably made him more irate :D

The lights then changed and I went forward, he sped off like he was Lewis Hamilton. I made a point there and then though to piss off cab drivers whenever I can, it felt good. We've probably all lost count of the times they've acted like kings of the road.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #223 on: October 3, 2017, 03:35:59 pm »
They've completely shut down a road through a village I need to go to work through (there's two ways to get through) for road works and in their infinite wisdom, Leicestershire County Council have deemed this a sensible time to put road works on the other route through. So now a tiny village which normally takes two minutes to drive through is about fifteen  :butt
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #224 on: October 3, 2017, 03:36:55 pm »
I came back to the UK for three weeks.  Where I'm living now there are no motorways.  I forgot how many absolute c*nts just sit in the middle lane! I swear if I had longer there I'd just end up smashing some fucker out of the way.  And I'm pretty chilled. I couldn't do it full time ,  I really couldn't.

If I sit in the middle lane doing 70mph while the outside lane is empty is this an issue.... asking for a friend  :-[

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: October 3, 2017, 03:39:10 pm »
What are you like in the 50 zones? Plenty of truckers seem to go nuts in them. Weaving and tailgating like crazy because the car in front is doing 'only' 52.

I stick the cruise control on 50. I think truck speedo's are more accurate than car ones, so when I'm showing 50 a car will be showing 52, so I do seem to catch a lot of cars who are going slower. I know that up to 55mph will not get you done by the average speed camera, so loads will run at up to 55. I won't.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: October 3, 2017, 03:42:42 pm »
If I sit in the middle lane doing 70mph while the outside lane is empty is this an issue.... asking for a friend  :-[

Depends if you're overtaking people in the inside lane, or need to overtake anyone else in the middle lane.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: October 3, 2017, 03:47:03 pm »
I stick the cruise control on 50. I think truck speedo's are more accurate than car ones, so when I'm showing 50 a car will be showing 52, so I do seem to catch a lot of cars who are going slower. I know that up to 55mph will not get you done by the average speed camera, so loads will run at up to 55. I won't.

Cruise control is a god send. As soon as I start overtaking people (provided they're doing more than about 47/48) I feel a little pang of shame.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #228 on: October 3, 2017, 05:30:05 pm »
Depends if you're overtaking people in the inside lane, or need to overtake anyone else in the middle lane.

they argue that doing the speed limit means anyone wanting to overtake will be speeding anyway and can easily overtake in the outside lane (it is also easier for people coming onto the motorway to get on with the lane free).

They are aware that the highway code says the lanes are for passing but also aware it says to obey the speed limit.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: October 3, 2017, 05:54:46 pm »
I can't wait for driverless cars. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: October 3, 2017, 08:28:39 pm »
they argue that doing the speed limit means anyone wanting to overtake will be speeding anyway and can easily overtake in the outside lane (it is also easier for people coming onto the motorway to get on with the lane free).

They are aware that the highway code says the lanes are for passing but also aware it says to obey the speed limit.

Who's 'they'?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: October 3, 2017, 08:50:33 pm »

I pretty much use the outside lane/s on either motorways or dual carriageways for overtaking and once I’m not overtaking I get in the left lane (unless I’m turning soon). I always took it that if the left hand lane is empty, that’s where you should be.

Why would you care what speed limit others are doing anyway?

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #232 on: October 3, 2017, 09:17:21 pm »
I pretty much use the outside lane/s on either motorways or dual carriageways for overtaking and once I’m not overtaking I get in the left lane (unless I’m turning soon). I always took it that if the left hand lane is empty, that’s where you should be.

Why would you care what speed limit others are doing anyway?
Why worry that I am in the middle lane if the right one is free. I was trying to second guess the objection that the highway code says to move back to the left by countering it also says not to speed.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #233 on: October 3, 2017, 09:18:00 pm »
Who's 'they'?
My "friend" who stays in the middle lane.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: October 3, 2017, 09:21:02 pm »
Why worry that I am in the middle lane if the right one is free. I was trying to second guess the objection that the highway code says to move back to the left by countering it also says not to speed.

Who was worried...?  :o

If you’re that keen to follow the Highway Code by the letter, then drive at the speed limit in the left hand lane when you can. Sorted.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #235 on: October 3, 2017, 09:25:16 pm »
Who was worried...?  :o

If you’re that keen to follow the Highway Code by the letter, then drive at the speed limit in the left hand lane when you can. Sorted.
My original post was referring to

I forgot how many absolute c*nts just sit in the middle lane! I swear if I had longer there I'd just end up smashing some fucker out of the way.

Still trying to work out what's wrong with sitting in the middle lane doing 70 if the outside lane is free

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: October 3, 2017, 09:34:57 pm »
My original post was referring to

I forgot how many absolute c*nts just sit in the middle lane! I swear if I had longer there I'd just end up smashing some fucker out of the way.

Still trying to work out what's wrong with sitting in the middle lane doing 70 if the outside lane is free

I dunno, at a guess he’s doing the right thing and driving in the free left hand lane thus having to come across three lanes to overtake someone in the middle lane? It literally makes no sense to drive in the middle lane if the left one is free.

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #237 on: October 3, 2017, 09:36:34 pm »

What's wrong with it is it's now against the law.  Admittedly it's very difficult to police but it is now illegal to sit in lane 2 of a three way highway for a long period of time (define long?) no matter what speed you're doing.  Encountered one on the M40 at the weekend, joined at junction 10 straight from the slip road into lane 2 and sat there for the next 40 odd miles.
 I overtook her three times trying to make a point but she was totally oblivious to anything else going on around her.

(Incidentally it's lane 1, 2, and 3 - not left, middle, outside or slow, middle, fast..................that makes me sound like a know-all gobshite doesn't it?)
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #238 on: October 3, 2017, 09:39:46 pm »

I dunno, at a guess he’s doing the right thing and driving in the free left hand lane thus having to come across three lanes to overtake someone in the middle lane? It literally makes no sense to drive in the middle lane if the left one is free.

Just easier than keep on moving for lorries etc.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: October 3, 2017, 09:40:23 pm »

What's wrong is that you're deliberately disobeying the rules of the road that state that you should use the left most lane unless overtaking.

"Rule 238: You should drive in the left-hand lane if the road ahead is clear. Return to the left-hand lane once you have overtaken all the vehicles or if you are delaying traffic behind you".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22784983

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/driving-advice/middle-lane-hogging/