Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 609255 times)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #7680 on: September 25, 2020, 08:40:46 pm »
Let me get this straight.  Silver has instructed the refs to help the Lakers make it to the Finals? If it were that easy, why didn't he just start in the earlier round when the Nuggets faced the Clippers? Clippers vs Lakers would probably have had more viewers than the Finals.

Look at the Nuggets' stats in the 4th quarter. Jokic barely had a shot, he was barely playing, their coach took a gamble thst backfired. Should have trusted him not to get fouled out and added some rebounding presence. Rondo's offensive rebound is a key moment in the last 2 minutes. If Murray wasn't going 12-20, and shooting the lights out (except in the last few minutes) they would have been blown out in the 4th quarter.
Of course noone is suggesting Silver making phone calls to refs but you know your stuff Doc, you can't be that naive to think they don't care about the conference finals and finals ratings. Of course in a year Kobe passed and with the viewership numbers in mind, NBA management wants Lakers in the finals instead of a much smaller team like Nuggets. Refs don't get calls from Silver but they know "it would be good for the game/league" and whistling on the floor accordingly.

Lebron should've been called 3-4 offensive fouls, he fouled Murray on that so called "great block". He literally tackled Gary Harris and did not get called for a foul. AD is getting all soft calls he can at the moment. Rondo has been getting away with tackling on defense.

Lebron free throws:

Game 1: 4
Game 2: 4
Game 3: 2
(Lakers cries to league office)
Game 4: 14

Looks like the refs took the memo imo.

Also I should call you Red instead of Doc, I keep remembering Doc Rivers when i say in NBA thread and man it quickly makes me almost curse ;D

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #7681 on: September 25, 2020, 08:41:42 pm »
Nah I'm not having that. If you had Alex Ferguson send a letter to the league about not getting any penalties, and then the Mancs were proceeded to get penalties against us in the very next match, you'd be fuming.

Nuggets missed too many shots down the stretch, that is entirely on them. However, the notion that you can just go to the league and complain about not getting fouls and then get them in the next match is apsurd.

This isn't football, mate. One penalty can change a game.
They had plenty of chances to win the game, they scored 10 less points in the 4th than the Lakers, the refs aren't making them miss shots. A foul here and there doesn't make Jokic go scoreless over the last two games int he 4th quarter.

Don't mix your sports up, basketball needs a very consistent and orchestrated approach from the refs to help one side win, and even then the team still has to miss their shots.

The Lakers game against the Kings that they should have lost, had horrible officiating. I'm pretty certain considering the point in time, money was bet. But that doesn't explain why the Kings failed to make a bucket for most of the 4th quarter. They flat out choked. The bad refs only gave their supporters (or the Laker haters) and excuse.

I guarantee you, the Nuggets are looking at sequences in the 4th where they missed open shots, gave up offensive rebounds, and didn't execute well enough down the stretch. If it wasn't for Murray, this series would be over. Jokic is too damn tired carrying way too much offense. He's consistently facing 7footers when he's in the offense, than he has to try and stop the Lakers top scorer on the defensive end. Clippers had nothing like that sort of challenge. Their useless coach had them playing small ball pretty much all series. ;D
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7682 on: September 25, 2020, 08:44:55 pm »
https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-execs-poll-luka-doncic-top-young-talent-zion-williamson/

NBA execs poll: Luka Doncic top young talent to build around; Zion Williamson comes at No. 7

1. Luka Doncic
2. Jayson Tatum
3. Devin Booker
4. Ja Morant
5. Donovan Mitchell
5. Bam Adabayo
7. Zion Williamson
8. Jamal Murray
9. Ben Simmons
9. Brandon Ingrahm
11. Jaylen Brown
11. De'Aaron Fox
13. KAT

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7683 on: September 25, 2020, 08:46:07 pm »
Of course noone is suggesting Silver making phone calls to refs but you know your stuff Doc, you can't be that naive to think they don't care about the conference finals and finals ratings. Of course in a year Kobe passed and with the viewership numbers in mind, NBA management wants Lakers in the finals instead of a much smaller team like Nuggets. Refs don't get calls from Silver but they know "it would be good for the game/league" and whistling on the floor accordingly.

Lebron should've been called 3-4 offensive fouls, he fouled Murray on that so called "great block". He literally tackled Gary Harris and did not get called for a foul. AD is getting all soft calls he can at the moment. Rondo has been getting away with tackling on defense.

Lebron free throws:

Bias towards the better players, is normal. But refs fixing a game? That's too far for me.
And looking at those numbers, I'd argue how on earth has Lebron only taken 10 freethrows in 3 games? He's consistently averaged between 7-8 freethrows per game in the Playoffs. First 3 games against the Nuggets he averaged only 3 per game. Maybe he has a point.

Look, I get refs might favour the big teams, the big players. But that's not why the Nuggets lost that game. Have another look at the last 2 quarters, and see the difference in the way the Nuggets executed their offense, and how their shots just stopped going in. A touch foul here and there, in the Western Conference Finals? I'm glad their players kept quiet. Focus on what they can control, they can still win.Focus on the refs, and it's over.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7684 on: September 25, 2020, 08:49:53 pm »
https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-execs-poll-luka-doncic-top-young-talent-zion-williamson/

NBA execs poll: Luka Doncic top young talent to build around; Zion Williamson comes at No. 7

1. Luka Doncic
2. Jayson Tatum
3. Devin Booker
4. Ja Morant
5. Donovan Mitchell
5. Bam Adabayo
7. Zion Williamson
8. Jamal Murray
9. Ben Simmons
9. Brandon Ingrahm
11. Jaylen Brown
11. De'Aaron Fox
13. KAT

Surely KAT is too low? Zion is still an unknown. I'd put Morant 2nd as he's a point that can control  game better. I'd put Booker way down. You can't build a team around a sweet shooting average height SG? Murray has to go higher now, and I really like Ben Simmons (if he could shoot I'd put him 2nd). Too many SF in the list so. Can anyone recall a title contending team built around an SF not named Lebron, Kawhai? Think Bam is way too high as well. Surely Herro should be on that list at the bottom somewhere?

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7685 on: September 25, 2020, 09:02:42 pm »
Bias towards the better players, is normal. But refs fixing a game? That's too far for me.
And looking at those numbers, I'd argue how on earth has Lebron only taken 10 freethrows in 3 games? He's consistently averaged between 7-8 freethrows per game in the Playoffs. First 3 games against the Nuggets he averaged only 3 per game. Maybe he has a point.

Look, I get refs might favour the big teams, the big players. But that's not why the Nuggets lost that game. Have another look at the last 2 quarters, and see the difference in the way the Nuggets executed their offense, and how their shots just stopped going in. A touch foul here and there, in the Western Conference Finals? I'm glad their players kept quiet. Focus on what they can control, they can still win.Focus on the refs, and it's over.
Lebron got those low call's because he has been ISO'ing a lot first 3 games instead of attacking the rim. I am not sayine refs are fixing but they tend to give all 50/50 calls on Lakers' favor. You mentioned Clippers in the previous post. Well, with a decent objective group of refs, they were gone actually against the Mavs imo. You can bet if Doncic or Jokic did all Marcus Morris or Pat Bev crap, they were banned for 2 games. Clippers were just so garbage that even with that push of the league/refs, they were toast against the Nuggets.

Of course Nuggets didn't lose because of the refs but it's annoying to see for a neutral fan, qwell, maybe not that neutral as I hate the L.A. teams. Nuggets were outrebounded, that was the main reason imo. Murray went ISO and hero ball way too much. Millsap only taking 3 shots is just wrong.  Jokic-Murray pick-n-roll is great, but if other players were moving, it could be so much greater. Plumlee only had 1 rebound and took only two shots. His defense was ineffective on several occasions. Gary Harris is 26%FG in this series vs Lakers, he has been pure garbage, i expected much better from him after Clippers series. Jokic was tired and Howard outmuscled him.

But as I said, instead of being fined for publicly lobbying for the calls, Lakers were awarded with some ridiculous calls on the offense and defense. We all know who NBA wants in the finals for TV and cash.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7686 on: September 25, 2020, 09:04:49 pm »
This isn't football, mate. One penalty can change a game.
They had plenty of chances to win the game, they scored 10 less points in the 4th than the Lakers, the refs aren't making them miss shots. A foul here and there doesn't make Jokic go scoreless over the last two games int he 4th quarter.

Don't mix your sports up, basketball needs a very consistent and orchestrated approach from the refs to help one side win, and even then the team still has to miss their shots.

The Lakers game against the Kings that they should have lost, had horrible officiating. I'm pretty certain considering the point in time, money was bet. But that doesn't explain why the Kings failed to make a bucket for most of the 4th quarter. They flat out choked. The bad refs only gave their supporters (or the Laker haters) and excuse.

I guarantee you, the Nuggets are looking at sequences in the 4th where they missed open shots, gave up offensive rebounds, and didn't execute well enough down the stretch. If it wasn't for Murray, this series would be over. Jokic is too damn tired carrying way too much offense. He's consistently facing 7footers when he's in the offense, than he has to try and stop the Lakers top scorer on the defensive end. Clippers had nothing like that sort of challenge. Their useless coach had them playing small ball pretty much all series. ;D

I was just giving you an example. I'm obviously aware that it isn't football. The Nuggets are the reason why they didn't win, as they didn't score in the last 4 minutes of the game. HOWEVER, my point is, regardless of the sport, getting the refs to influence calls before the game is out of order. You can spin it however you want.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7687 on: September 25, 2020, 09:14:34 pm »
Surely KAT is too low? Zion is still an unknown. I'd put Morant 2nd as he's a point that can control  game better. I'd put Booker way down. You can't build a team around a sweet shooting average height SG? Murray has to go higher now, and I really like Ben Simmons (if he could shoot I'd put him 2nd). Too many SF in the list so. Can anyone recall a title contending team built around an SF not named Lebron, Kawhai? Think Bam is way too high as well. Surely Herro should be on that list at the bottom somewhere?
i agree with all your points especially Morant, that kid is so special. Surprised not to see Trae there though. Bam is fine, a bir high but he was underrated whole regular season and now deserves to be a bit overrated.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7688 on: September 25, 2020, 09:19:45 pm »
NBA Owners Have Donated More To Republicans During 2020 Election Cycle

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/9/24/21453818/nba-owners-political-donations-trump-gop

John Gonzalez of The Ringer reported in detail on the political contributions of NBA owners. The NBA has attempted to have their messaging align with social justice causes such as racial equality and police reform, but many have been skeptical of their motives and beliefs.

An extensive review of Federal Election Commission records reveal NBA owners have made more than $28 million in political donations to various causes and candidates since January 1, 2015 with 53.4 percent ($14.9 million) going to Republican politicians and PACs, while 43.1 percent (over $12 million) was directed to Democrats.

Connie Ballmer, wife of Steve Ballmer, made a $7 million contribution in April to Everytown for Gun Safety, a nonprofit advocating for gun control and serves as an NRA watch group.

During the 2020 election cycle beginning in 2019, The Ringer found that 80.9 percent of political donations by NBA owners have gone to Republicans and Republican causes, 18.4 percent to Democrats, and 0.7 percent to nonpartisan issues when you exclude the Ballmer' $7 million gun control contribution. After the Everytown for Gun Safety contribution, nine of the next 10 top recipients of NBA governor donations this cycle have been GOP candidates or causes.

Five owners have directly contributed to Donald Trump or his PACs (Dan DeVos, James Dolan, Tilman Fertitta, Julianna Holt, and Jim Buss.

Of the 10 owners who have donated the most money since 2015, seven directed more than 75 percent of their political contributions to Republicans.

Marc Lasry, Ted Loenosis, Wesley Edens, Vivek Randive, Jeanie Buss and Wyc Grousbeck have donated solely to Democrats.

The owners’ widespread financial support of the GOP, however, has not insulated the league from being criticized by the Trump administration. Trump attacked the NBA for its TV ratings during the restart and for becoming “a political organization.”

Mark Cuban was the only owner to speak with The Ringer on the record. Cuban noted he does not donate to politicians or PACs because “I strongly value my independence.”

“I talk to owners and players who are ‘conservative’ when it comes to financial issues but simultaneously very ‘liberal’ when it comes to social issues,” Cuban wrote via email.

In 2019, Steve Kerr said there’s an understanding among players and coaches that “most owners are very conservative.” While that generally hasn't been an issue in the past, Kerr thought “maybe it will become one.”

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7689 on: September 26, 2020, 11:11:28 am »
Celtics fought back well to make the series 3-2, Heat couldn't match their energy and well apart in 3rd quarter where it felt like whatever Celtics shot all went in. Heat wins next game or else they lose in 7.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7690 on: September 27, 2020, 04:40:16 am »
Just took a global pandemic for sport to get back on track

Online Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7691 on: September 27, 2020, 03:29:55 pm »
Lakers and LeBron back where they belong? Think it's their chip come the finals
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7692 on: September 27, 2020, 03:40:18 pm »
Main reason why I couldn't get into the playoffs this year is just the inevitability of Lakers winning the title. For all the nice stories going on in the background, it was just a matter of whether they do a sweep or a gentleman's sweep. I will go back on this is the Heat (or Boston) pull off a surprise, but I can't see it happening.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7693 on: September 27, 2020, 03:40:24 pm »
Lakers and LeBron back where they belong? Think it's their chip come the finals

Without any doubt. Heat and Celtics have no chance of stopping him and Davis from taking it.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7694 on: September 27, 2020, 04:25:22 pm »
Main reason why I couldn't get into the playoffs this year is just the inevitability of Lakers winning the title. For all the nice stories going on in the background, it was just a matter of whether they do a sweep or a gentleman's sweep. I will go back on this is the Heat (or Boston) pull off a surprise, but I can't see it happening.
Pretty much everyone had the Clippers as faves...so I hope you put money on it early.

I'm not overly worried about Boston. The Heat on the other hand, they play a level of tough defense that could be problematic.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7695 on: September 27, 2020, 05:55:30 pm »
Pretty much everyone had the Clippers as faves...so I hope you put money on it early.

I'm not overly worried about Boston. The Heat on the other hand, they play a level of tough defense that could be problematic.

I'm not an expert or anything, or brave enough to put money on my NBA knowledge, but it was just my gut feeling. Especially with what happened to Kobe earlier this year, it just felt like it would end in a Lakers championship.

Can't say the Clippers roster filled me with confidence.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7696 on: September 28, 2020, 06:25:05 am »
I am a miami heat fan for the next coupla weeks i guess

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7697 on: September 28, 2020, 09:10:51 am »
So, Lakers-Heat final it is! I was actually expecting Celtics to push the series to 7th game.

4-1 Lakers is my guess, experience (Lebron) takes over here imo. I won't be surprised if it's a sweep.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #7698 on: September 28, 2020, 10:29:23 pm »
Doc Rivers out at the Clippers, per Woj.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #7699 on: September 30, 2020, 11:15:05 am »
So, Lakers-Heat final it is! I was actually expecting Celtics to push the series to 7th game.

4-1 Lakers is my guess, experience (Lebron) takes over here imo. I won't be surprised if it's a sweep.

I'd be surprised if it was that easy for the Lakers. They have the two best players left which makes them favourite but the supporting cast for Miami is much stronger and they certainly have the better shooters.

I think the Lakers will win but wouldn't be surprised if it goes 7.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7700 on: September 30, 2020, 12:33:47 pm »
Just seen a load of LeBron stats from his finals appearances. Outrageous, there’s no debate to be had he’s just the best ever. He’ll need 22 assists to move into 2nd place for total assists NBA Finals history, obviously still well behind Magic.

Even as a Boston fan, I thought Miami posed the bigger threat to Lakers. But all that essentially means is they may take 2 games in my opinion, Lakers will be too strong.

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #7701 on: October 1, 2020, 01:03:42 pm »
That was a very straightforward game 1.

Offline FTH

• Main Stander
« Reply #7702 on: October 1, 2020, 01:19:34 pm »

Lebron free throws:

Also I should call you Red instead of Doc, I keep remembering Doc Rivers when i say in NBA thread and man it quickly makes me almost curse ;D
You realise you sound like every gimp crying about LiVARpool as it suits the premier leagues agenda right

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7703 on: October 1, 2020, 01:39:24 pm »
Dragic out for the rest of the finals. Bam with a strained shoulder.

Nothing going Miami's way

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7704 on: October 1, 2020, 01:52:53 pm »
Lakers just matches Heat very well, as i said, i won't be surprised if it's a sweep.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7705 on: October 1, 2020, 01:54:15 pm »
Just how the fck does Doc keep getting job offers like that? Seems like 76'ers will offer him the role.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7706 on: October 1, 2020, 06:57:32 pm »
Just how the fck does Doc keep getting job offers like that? Seems like 76'ers will offer him the role.
White privilege oh wait  ;D

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7707 on: October 1, 2020, 11:26:41 pm »

What? WHAT?!
Hey, we shouldn't be surprised by now by idiotic decisions any more.
I'm just relieved he didn't end up in New York. Seemed tailor made for that sort of decision.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7708 on: October 1, 2020, 11:27:46 pm »
Lakers just matches Heat very well, as i said, i won't be surprised if it's a sweep.

They were the overwhelming favourites on paper before the series.
Now with the injuries, it's gone from a gentleman's sweep to a normal sweep.
Lebron+Rondo+Vogel won't let their standards slip. and Davis is Davis.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7709 on: October 2, 2020, 02:22:08 am »

Shouldn’t be surprised really 76ers keep making one poor choice after another. This is a team after all who have two superstars who dominate on the interior and on the break yet can’t even do something simple like put shooters around them!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7710 on: October 2, 2020, 04:44:48 am »
Shouldn’t be surprised really 76ers keep making one poor choice after another. This is a team after all who have two superstars who dominate on the interior and on the break yet can’t even do something simple like put shooters around them!

They had shooters around them before. 76ers aren't without fualt, but Ben Simmons can get to fuck with his inability to make a shot and have a jumper by now. And Embiid needs to dominate the paint. The pair of them are aggressive as snails.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7711 on: October 2, 2020, 01:14:12 pm »
I can't recall a player with the qualities that Simmons has, plus his physical attributes, playing in his position, that can't put the ball through the hoop from outside the zone.

Him and Giannis drive me nuts. How can they be so good, with so much raw materials and basketball instincts, and yet be utterly inept at shooting. Would just open up the game for them. What else are they prioritising during the offseason? Why aren't their coaches getting them to shoot hour after hour, day after day, on shooting drills?

Youve got centers like Brook Lopez that perfected their 3pt shooting, Lebron perfected his jump shooting and 3pt shooting, plenty of other forwards and power forwards increased their range as the game changed. I get itches thinking of NBA players that play with the ball constantly in their hands, and yet unable to shoot. Meh. Poor fella has Doc Rivers joining now, so was fun whilst it lasted. Prepare for the infighting drama to start unfolding next season.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7712 on: October 2, 2020, 01:24:29 pm »
Just seen a load of LeBron stats from his finals appearances. Outrageous, there’s no debate to be had he’s just the best ever. He’ll need 22 assists to move into 2nd place for total assists NBA Finals history, obviously still well behind Magic.

Even as a Boston fan, I thought Miami posed the bigger threat to Lakers. But all that essentially means is they may take 2 games in my opinion, Lakers will be too strong.

LeBron is a great player, but the likes of Jordan, Bird or Magic would have eaten him alive. Not to mention that the game had some really dominating centers at the time, like Russell, Chamberlain, Jabbar or Olajuwon. LeBron is a top 10 player, but not the best ever.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2020, 01:26:21 pm by PeterTheRed »

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7713 on: October 2, 2020, 05:57:52 pm »
Doc Rivers Agrees To Become Head Coach Of 76ers

Doc Rivers has agreed to become the next head coach of the Philadelphia 76ers.

The Los Angeles Clippers parted ways with Rivers on Monday. Rivers met with the 76ers on Wednesday.

According to Jason Dumas of KRON4, Rivers was the compromise choice for the 76ers. Ownership of the 76ers preferred Mike D'Antoni while Elton Brand preferred Ty Lue. D'Antoni likely would have become Philadelphia head coach if Rivers didn't become available.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7714 on: October 2, 2020, 06:01:45 pm »
As for Doc-76ers fit, I think he will do slightly better than what he did with Clippers which was awful imo because 76ers is not a title favorite atm, but I just don't understand why GM's in this league keeps recycling coaches even if the coaches keepo failing. Is it just being lazy or being ok with a mediocre result rather than picking a 'risky' coach, i don't understand. I suppose it's risk management in their eyes.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7715 on: October 2, 2020, 10:00:01 pm »
LeBron is a great player, but the likes of Jordan, Bird or Magic would have eaten him alive. Not to mention that the game had some really dominating centers at the time, like Russell, Chamberlain, Jabbar or Olajuwon. LeBron is a top 10 player, but not the best ever.

I'm confused, are you implying that for a player to be in the discussion for the GOAT, they have to have played against the above centers?
Why?
And Bird and Magic eaten Lebron alive? They've both already placed him above them on the greatest list. Listen to Magic talk about the difference between Jordan and Lebron. He doesn't put himself in the conversation, and neither does anyone else, and he's the greatest PG of all time.

I'm also surprised.
Skiuup, I say Skiuuup. When did you find the time to post here between shooting your show?

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #7716 on: October 3, 2020, 09:38:30 am »

I'm also surprised.
Skiuup, I say Skiuuup. When did you find the time to post here between shooting your show?

:D

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7717 on: October 3, 2020, 11:58:51 am »
I'm confused, are you implying that for a player to be in the discussion for the GOAT, they have to have played against the above centers?
Why?
And Bird and Magic eaten Lebron alive? They've both already placed him above them on the greatest list. Listen to Magic talk about the difference between Jordan and Lebron. He doesn't put himself in the conversation, and neither does anyone else, and he's the greatest PG of all time.

I'm also surprised.
;D Doc, please tell me you are not watching that Skip buffoon.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7718 on: October 3, 2020, 12:26:02 pm »
Shannon and Skip are great, Shannon more so than Skip

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7719 on: October 3, 2020, 03:44:00 pm »
Shannon and Skip are great, Shannon more so than Skip

This, they're a comedy duo more than anything else 😂
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.