Poll

The incoming Tory Tax Cuts..

Brilliant! With everyone struggling at the moment, a few hundred quid would be most welcome
Maybe a small one, but money should be spent on failing public services
I am an egg and I like cheese and fluffy squirrels called Bob. Bob the Fluffy squirrel is my fave babes.
There shouldn't be a tax cut when public services are already so broken. Keep spending what we are
Far more investment is needed in this country. Spend the money where it's needed now and fuck this stupid Austerity shite.

Author Topic: Never mind 'Stop the Boats' - STOP THE TORIES  (Read 1316500 times)

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Conservatives: wholly-owned subsidiary of the ERG and 55 Tufton Street
« Reply #14240 on: September 25, 2022, 04:41:43 pm »
I was pleased to hear that
I wonder if the 2 scumbags, The chancellor and a journalist from that "newspaper"  will issue a redaction to the disinformation they spread yesterday. 

Thought he didnt handle the energy question very well, when it was pointed out he will freeze for 6 month, the Tories for two years.
However his response to the NI reversal was excellent.
My only issue with Keith and the carrot topped banshee are that I distrust them almost as much as the Tories, nor do I believe a single word either of the two of them, or Des Streeting, or Reeves, or Mimi Phillips, or any of his front bench that are (apparently) in opposition, so would they be an upgrade on the Tories?, probably, more of a slightly incremental upgrade, it's a shame there wasn't another party that could compete, the Liberal Democrats are shitheads too, so even the outsider is a pile of shit.

Just tear it down and start again, neither of the two main parties are worth a fuck.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14241 on: September 25, 2022, 05:07:42 pm »
that are (apparently) in opposition, .

Have you seen the opinion polls.  ?

so would they be an upgrade on the Tories?, probably, more of a slightly incremental upgrade,   

So you admit they would be an upgrade?

You probably didnt like the last labour government, it was those that implemented the additional tax bracket, but at 50% not 45%

They are not as left wing as Id like either,  but its stupid to say they are just as bad as the Tories, particularly these Tories. Not voting for them is as bad as those gobshites who didnt vote for Corbyn

btw Keith, Carrot top, mimi??  Grow up mate.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #14242 on: September 25, 2022, 05:13:14 pm »
Have you seen the opinion polls.  ?

So you admit they would be an upgrade?

You probably didnt like the last labour government, it was those that implemented the additional tax bracket, but at 50% not 45%

They are not as left wing as Id like either,  but its stupid to say they are just as bad as the Tories, particularly these Tories. Not voting for them is as bad as those gobshites who didnt vote for Corbyn

btw Keith, Carrot top, mimi??  Grow up mate.

When is that poll from?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14243 on: September 25, 2022, 05:22:41 pm »
When is that poll from?

Yesterday. Didnt they pop round to yours?   ;)

Have you ever been invited to take part in an opinion poll? Never been asked myself

Serious answer. I just googled recent opinion polls.  Its post Johnson though. 
https://www.politics.co.uk/reference/latest-opinion-polls/
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Mahern

• Kopite
« Reply #14244 on: September 25, 2022, 05:24:00 pm »
Up my way a lot of the tenant farmers have the Vote Tories signs put up in their fields by the landowner against their will.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #14245 on: September 25, 2022, 05:53:35 pm »
New PM bounce. About as effective as Lampard's new manager bounce last season.

@BritainElects
Westminster voting intention:

LAB 45% (+3)
CON: 33% (-2)

via @SavantaComRes 7k sample
Chgs. w/ 11 Sep

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14246 on: September 25, 2022, 06:02:44 pm »
My only issue with Keith and the carrot topped banshee are that I distrust them almost as much as the Tories, nor do I believe a single word either of the two of them, or Des Streeting, or Reeves, or Mimi Phillips, or any of his front bench that are (apparently) in opposition, so would they be an upgrade on the Tories?, probably, more of a slightly incremental upgrade, it's a shame there wasn't another party that could compete, the Liberal Democrats are shitheads too, so even the outsider is a pile of shit.

Just tear it down and start again, neither of the two main parties are worth a fuck.

This post was brought to you by a grown man apparently ladies and gentlemen.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14247 on: September 25, 2022, 06:08:07 pm »

I usually find this childish - but I kind of like the name Des Streeting. Sounds like he could’ve been a Union leader taking on Mike Baldwin in Corrie in the 80s or something…

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14248 on: September 25, 2022, 06:21:34 pm »

:lmao
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14249 on: September 25, 2022, 06:38:17 pm »
New PM bounce. About as effective as Lampard's new manager bounce last season.

@BritainElects
Westminster voting intention:

LAB 45% (+3)
CON: 33% (-2)

via @SavantaComRes 7k sample
Chgs. w/ 11 Sep

That's what you get for killing the Queen.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14250 on: September 25, 2022, 07:25:13 pm »
Some political bod on sky news earlier predicted the next election will take place spring ‘24.  Notwithstanding of course an internal Tory implosion before that.  If accurate then we’ve 18 months of the Tory scorched earth policy before it exits.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14251 on: September 25, 2022, 07:51:36 pm »
This post was brought to you by a grown man apparently ladies and gentlemen.

;D

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #14252 on: September 25, 2022, 10:10:56 pm »
Some political bod on sky news earlier predicted the next election will take place spring ‘24.  Notwithstanding of course an internal Tory implosion before that.  If accurate then we’ve 18 months of the Tory scorched earth policy before it exits.

The fact that there’s a law governing a fixed term of parliament means that some political bod ‘predicting’ an election is phoning it in to the degree of a sports commentator saying ‘he’s hit it too well there’
Believer

Online spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14253 on: September 25, 2022, 10:12:27 pm »
Pound has dropped even lower against the dollar

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #14254 on: September 25, 2022, 10:17:58 pm »
Blimey. Asian markets I guess?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14255 on: September 25, 2022, 10:51:17 pm »
How do we pay for all this? Oh another  public sector pay freeze for two years ….!

My most common pay rise since 2010 is 0%
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #14256 on: September 25, 2022, 11:47:29 pm »
The fact that there’s a law governing a fixed term of parliament means that some political bod ‘predicting’ an election is phoning it in to the degree of a sports commentator saying ‘he’s hit it too well there’
The Fixed Term Parliament Act has been repealed, it's in Truss' hands to call an election now. The latest it could happen is January 2025
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14257 on: September 26, 2022, 12:00:54 am »
Many Tory MPs are furious with Truss, not so much about f.. the country over, more about trashing the Torys safe pair of hands reputation.
I can see some of those Tory MPs telling the government to change course or they will support a VONC and force a election. imagine it only takes about 35 Tory MPs to rebel and that will bring the government down,  how Truss reacts is another matter.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Online Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14258 on: September 26, 2022, 02:13:22 am »
Well the £ just hit an all time low vs the $. Who knew we’d be at pretty much parity so soon, insane stuff.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 02:17:00 am by Studgotelli »

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14259 on: September 26, 2022, 02:25:39 am »
Well the £ just hit an all time low vs the $. Who knew we’d be at pretty much parity so soon, insane stuff.

Imagine all the extra Americans wanting to come and spend their hard earned USD in the UK with better rates and VAT-Free shopping. That will more than make up for the losses elsewhere in the economy.  ::)
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14260 on: September 26, 2022, 03:31:53 am »
How do we pay for all this? Oh another  public sector pay freeze for two years ….!

My most common pay rise since 2010 is 0%
I suspect we'd need a significant public sector pay cut ☹️.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14261 on: September 26, 2022, 04:43:06 am »
Serious question. How do we force a general election? What is the mechanism that gets us a GE like within 6 months? Because it is surely unthinkable that we have to endure this for 18 months.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14263 on: September 26, 2022, 05:50:03 am »
Serious question. How do we force a general election? What is the mechanism that gets us a GE like within 6 months? Because it is surely unthinkable that we have to endure this for 18 months.

I'm not sure anyone can answer that.  We could , historically, made a reasonable guess, based on public unrest \ riots forcing the tories to launch a VONC and trigger an election. But they are so guaranteed to lose that and Johnson ripped up the rule book.
Uncharted waters I think.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #14265 on: September 26, 2022, 05:53:00 am »
... and in an alternative universe....

The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14266 on: September 26, 2022, 06:15:07 am »

Vote of no confidence by the house.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14267 on: September 26, 2022, 06:19:06 am »
BoE to raise rates again, this week, today even?

Possibly.  The £ tanking of course will hit the value of any pension ‘sterling based’ investment funds too.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14268 on: September 26, 2022, 06:36:58 am »

Is this the same universe I pledge to wake up with (insert three names of your chocice ) ?

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14269 on: September 26, 2022, 07:10:35 am »
I suspect we'd need a significant public sector pay cut ☹️.

£35 Billion in cuts is the figure being rumoured.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14270 on: September 26, 2022, 07:15:35 am »
There’s nowhere left to cut that can deliver the savings needed. It’s basically defence, schools or the NHS.

In just over a week Kwarteng has proved himself the worst Chancellor in British history.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #14271 on: September 26, 2022, 07:16:47 am »

We can't in real terms. There would have to be a vote of no confidence in her government and for her to loose.

I don't expect even the Tories to do this (though I do suspect if it happened after the April "tax break" they'd do a lot better in a GE)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14272 on: September 26, 2022, 07:20:55 am »
There’s nowhere left to cut that can deliver the savings needed. It’s basically defence, schools or the NHS.

In just over a week Kwarteng has proved himself the worst Chancellor in British history.
This is the problem..

Every where else is the same…. Schools had a ‘good’ budget award in 2020-21 after a decade of cuts.
The trouble is, there’s noting left to cut really now….
All there is left is get rid of subjects, and pay people less. But you can’t pay people less, teaching is dying out as a profession.  We are desperate in some subjects.  Physics teachers will literally cease to be a thing quite soon for instance
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14273 on: September 26, 2022, 07:31:02 am »

As in the whole world beats us?

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #14274 on: September 26, 2022, 07:45:12 am »
As in the whole world beats us?

Pretty much.

Absolutely astounding 'achievement' to almost reach parity against the USD in a matter of days. If an observer looked at the situation with no prior knowledge it appears more like an act of wilful destruction than economic policy.
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14275 on: September 26, 2022, 07:49:04 am »
Hey. Back up to $1.06.  Truss' army is on the march you gang of negative vibers.
I remember  almost $2 to the pound. I wish I'd gone to the USA more when that were the case.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14276 on: September 26, 2022, 08:01:04 am »

The majority of the country will believe that. They'll also be happy about the tax cuts, because they now get to keep £5 more per month.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14277 on: September 26, 2022, 08:34:09 am »
Labour has confirmed it would freeze energy prices at current levels, whereas the Tories will only do so after the next increase.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14278 on: September 26, 2022, 08:38:00 am »
Labour has confirmed it would freeze energy prices at current levels, whereas the Tories will only do so after the next increase.
Presumably no details on how to fund the freeze?

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14279 on: September 26, 2022, 08:39:08 am »
You need to get 40-odd Tory MPs to join in a VoNC, and that's not going to happen because most of the significant rebellions have come from the nuttier wing of the party, and they're pretty happy with the way things are going.  Also, Boris expelled all the moderates from the Party when he took over, so I don't think a significant One Nation block really exists.

Maybe the red wallers might rebel?  The problem is that they all stand to lose their seats at the next election so they might just want to keep quiet and enjoy the expense allowance for another 18 months.