AndyMuller: Rap & Soul Fest
6 (8.3%)
Crosby Nick: Better Than the Rest Fest
5 (6.9%)
Chakan: Rock Through the Ages Fest
5 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: September 19, 2017, 09:28:22 pm

Author Topic: The Ultimate Music Draft - Live and Loud 1953 to Present Day - THE VOTE  (Read 8651 times)

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: The Ultimate Music Draft - Live and Loud 1953 to Present Day - THE VOTE
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2017, 05:11:55 pm »
Is this like a single vote and it's all done kinda deal?

If there's a draw or it's very very close, then I might do a special final. But let's see how this one goes.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2017, 05:58:39 pm »
I wish people with good taste in music voted in these things.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2017, 06:07:13 pm »
Voted Noname (because of The Clash), Sheer Magnetism (Prince and Sly & The Family Stone) & LFsea (great all round line up, that and James Brown).

I'd go to Crosby Nick and AndyMuller's festival as well.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2017, 06:14:38 pm »
Voted Noname (because of The Clash), Sheer Magnetism (Prince and Sly & The Family Stone) & LFsea (great all round line up, that and James Brown).

Have you voted, or just written your votes here, as my number of votes hasn't gone up.  :o
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2017, 06:17:11 pm »
Have you voted, or just written your votes here, as my number of votes hasn't gone up.  :o

Voted last night :)

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2017, 06:29:28 pm »

Well that's no fucking good to me. You're barred! :wanker

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2017, 07:14:27 pm »
I now have one vote !

Does no-one else want  to see the worlds most alluring harpist? The world of salsa's best lead singer/ double bassist?

(It's U2, isn't it, wish I'd done Kings of Leon instead)
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2017, 07:18:39 pm »
Just posted the RAWK link on Elvis Presley fan-sites across the globe. Should see my vote count start to go up.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2017, 07:20:49 pm »
I now have one vote !

Does no-one else want  to see the worlds most alluring harpist? The world of salsa's best lead singer/ double bassist?

(It's U2, isn't it, wish I'd done Kings of Leon instead)

Bono stumbled into RAWK by mistake

You should have another 3 votes come close of play once he's told Edge, Larry and Adam whats occurring.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2017, 08:37:37 pm »
Cheers Betty.

Love Redondo Fest!
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2017, 10:17:37 pm »
Cheers Betty.

Love Redondo Fest!

It was a close run thing between Ayala and Redondo  :D
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2017, 10:29:55 pm »
It was a close run thing between Ayala and Redondo  :D

:D
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 10:33:49 pm by Hazell »

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2017, 11:37:16 pm »
I wish people with good taste in music voted in these things.

Watch it you.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2017, 11:48:02 pm »
Bono stumbled into RAWK by mistake

You should have another 3 votes come close of play once he's told Edge, Larry and Adam whats occurring.

He's after a spare for Leicester tomorrow night, but he still hasn't found what he's looking for
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2017, 03:16:37 pm »
My votes went to Lastrapalooza for Neil Young & Crazy Horse, Pavement, and Tom Waits. Led Zep would be alright too  :P  and Tone Fest mainly because I love The Doors, but Kate Bush is also awesome and I'd love to see both Can and Wire. Sheer Magnetism's Fire fest was also close, as well as Hazell's Redondo fest. Lots of other line-ups had one band I'd love to see, but too much Dad rock/not enough weird shit for me  ;D

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2017, 05:51:22 pm »
Come on Betts, say the true, you voted for my festival because of my freaky lady Fever Ray didn't you?  ;D

I went with Hazel's Redondo fest, Betty's freaks and Djozer ::) well maybe I didn't went for Djozer but he deserved it for not voting for himself.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2017, 06:18:37 pm »
Come on Betts, say the true, you voted for my festival because of my freaky lady Fever Ray didn't you?  ;D

Haha, you know I've never actually listened to Fever Ray. Might give her a go tonight. I love me some weird freaky shit.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2017, 06:45:35 pm »

I went with Hazel's Redondo fest, Betty's freaks and Djozer ::) well maybe I didn't went for Djozer but he deserved it for not voting for himself.
Aw cheers mate...I think! Can't believe two people took pity on me, much obliged whoever you are.

Betty's still out in the lead, tight though. Think this one's gonna go down to the wire.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2017, 08:06:21 pm »
Haha, you know I've never actually listened to Fever Ray. Might give her a go tonight. I love me some weird freaky shit.

Her music it's actually not that weird considering her stage persona. I mean it is kind of weird but still really melodic and accessible for me. The good thing is she has only released one album under Fever Ray so you know where to start, but if you like it you'll probably like her work on The Knife, which is far more popular.

Aw cheers mate...I think! Can't believe two people took pity on me, much obliged whoever you are.

Betty's still out in the lead, tight though. Think this one's gonna go down to the wire.
Well If you consider all those people with three votes more than likely voted for themselves you're in good company. ;D

Yeah, I don't remember a draft vote so tight and spread as this but it goes to show how varied people's music tastes are.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2017, 08:15:24 pm »
Her music it's actually not that weird considering her stage persona. I mean it is kind of weird but still really melodic and accessible for me. The good thing is she has only released one album under Fever Ray so you know where to start, but if you like it you'll probably like her work on The Knife, which is far more popular.

Well If you consider all those people with three votes more than likely voted for themselves you're in good company. ;D

Yeah, I don't remember a draft vote so tight and spread as this but it goes to show how varied people's music tastes are.

Ah, yeah. I know the Knife. I haven't listened to them in years. I had no idea there was any connection to Fever Ray.

Yep, I think that's the big thing with music. One man's greatest ever is another's shit on a shoe. Ahem, U2. It's why I wasn't even sure a vote was worth it, as we were all bound to disagree. The process/draft was always going to be the best bit. I love that I can dip into the selection thread any time I want now and find a bunch of artists I've never listened to.

Even if it stays as it is, I don't mind doing a final vote thread with the top 2/3/4 if people want even more closure though.

p.s. I can't watch the game from where I am  :(  Hence posting here.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 08:19:36 pm by Betty Blue »

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2017, 08:19:34 pm »
Voted for Andy because I was considering picking half his line-up...Marvin Gaye, Kendrick Lamar, Wu-Tang Clan & A Tribe Called Quest are all right up my street. My second vote went to Titi because Pendulum & Prodigy back to back would be absolute carnage....then a bit of Sigur Ros/The Streets/The XX/Bob to calm me down afterwards. And with my third vote I voted for myself because RAWK drafts are serious business :D

Honourable mention goes to Noname's festival but honestly every single line-up has something I'd pay to watch, some of which I only discovered thanks to this draft.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2017, 08:47:29 pm »
Tone Fest mainly because I love The Doors, but Kate Bush is also awesome and I'd love to see both Can and Wire.

Now you're the kind of person I want at my fest!

Glad you did so well Betty, you were an early fav for me, deservedly   :)

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2017, 09:43:15 pm »
Yeah, well done Betty.

Great idea for a draft, looking forward to the all-female one, particularly as I'm a huge fan of Courtney Love's Hole.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2017, 09:49:26 pm »
Yeah, well done Betty.

Great idea for a draft, looking forward to the all-female one, particularly as I'm a huge fan of Courtney Love's Hole.
Naughty boy. ;D

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2017, 09:51:50 pm »
Yeah, well done Betty.

You and about the 3000 other people she's been with.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2017, 10:05:52 pm »
Yeah, well done Betty.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2017, 09:30:27 am »

;D

Congrats Betty! And thanks for organizing this draft, it's been an absolute blast. Already suffering from withdrawal symptoms over here.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2017, 01:45:23 pm »
Voted Betty, Lastrador and Sheer Magnetism.

But would have gone to most of them, great stuff.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2017, 01:49:42 pm »
Voted Betty, Lastrador and Sheer Magnetism.

But would have gone to most of them, great stuff.

Unbelievable.

Thanks to whoever gave me a late vote to take me up to a respectable 5. I fully understand that it's not something you'd want to admit to publicly but I am grateful anyway.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2017, 04:33:56 pm »
Thanks guys. Quite surprised my freaks were so popular to be honest! Never knew we had so many closet Beefheart fans on RAWK.

It was great fun running the draft and outing all your music tastes. Glad you all enjoyed it as well. Special thanks to Chakan for making sure we were all PMed several hundred times  ;D

Courtney's Hole draft coming soon  :-X

Who's up for an Ultimate Sportsman/woman draft in the meantime?

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2017, 05:14:50 pm »
I am in.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2017, 05:16:17 pm »
Yes! to the ultramarine sports draft mate.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2017, 07:49:28 pm »
I'm out for the sportsperson draft.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2017, 09:05:06 pm »
I'm out for the sportsperson draft.

Same here. Am really looking forward to a female only music draft.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2017, 09:12:50 pm »

I'm definitely up for running that one, but I reckon we should leave a bit of a gap so we don't all burn out. Maybe over Christmas would be good  :)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2017, 09:32:17 pm »
Not sure I'd be remotely as good as the sports one so I'd sit that out! Cheers Betty, this was a great idea - hope the format gets reused, it's really good :)

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2017, 10:03:52 pm »

In for this and the comedian Draft.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2017, 10:17:04 pm »
In for this and the comedian Draft.

Yawn.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2017, 01:52:36 am »
Yawn.

Well no one is picking you mate, you are not funny.