Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 603568 times)

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #4880 on: May 29, 2018, 08:38:25 am »
Heimlich manoeuvre for Houston.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4881 on: May 29, 2018, 12:28:28 pm »
tbf the refs missed that blatant elbow in kiev and that c*nt shudda been off
Absolutely but its not a grand conspiracy. Go over the series/game and you'll see bad/missed calls on both sides.

Once Paul went down, GSW were not going to lose this series. Even if they still like to play around in the first half.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4882 on: May 29, 2018, 12:41:34 pm »
You miss 27 straight 3's, and you blame the refs?

Haha.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4883 on: May 29, 2018, 12:51:29 pm »
Is it just me or does Durant not improve other players around the way LeBron or even Harden and Curry do? Clearly, he is absolutely outstanding as an individual player but he doesn't seem to have the kind of effect that other top players have on the offence of the other players on the team.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 01:16:14 pm by jooneyisdagod »
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4884 on: May 29, 2018, 01:12:42 pm »

Haha.
makes Saturday not look as bad

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4885 on: May 29, 2018, 01:21:49 pm »
Is it just me or does Durant not improve other players around the way LeBron or even Harden and Curry do? Clearly, he is absolutely outstanding as an individual player but he doesn't seem to have the kind of effect that other top players have on the offence of the other players on the team.

He doesn't. It's not just you.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4886 on: May 29, 2018, 02:37:08 pm »
He doesn’t and he is not supposed to in our system. Names you mentioned are PG’s and Lebron handles the ball as a PG/point forward in their system. KD was never known for his passing ability. Steph and Draymond takes care of that in our team, KD is our closer.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4887 on: May 29, 2018, 02:40:55 pm »

Haha.
Exactly. If they made 3 of those, it was their win. Kerr gave credit to our defense but almost half of those shots were wide open as well. As someone else mentioned in previous page, they should’ve looked more for easy 2’s, we were in foul trouble and they didn’t penetrate and try to draw fouls.

Also surprized me how they almost never used players like Joe Johnson, Ryan Anderson and especially Nene. We clearly have a difficulty dealing with bigs and Nene still despite his age can get you easy buckets in the paint.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4888 on: May 29, 2018, 03:04:43 pm »
Exactly. If they made 3 of those, it was their win. Kerr gave credit to our defense but almost half of those shots were wide open as well. As someone else mentioned in previous page, they should’ve looked more for easy 2’s, we were in foul trouble and they didn’t penetrate and try to draw fouls.

Also surprized me how they almost never used players like Joe Johnson, Ryan Anderson and especially Nene. We clearly have a difficulty dealing with bigs and Nene still despite his age can get you easy buckets in the paint.

I am not surprised at all because it's Mike D'Antoni, this is what he does, he makes the same mistakes over and over and over again.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4889 on: May 29, 2018, 03:11:10 pm »
To be fair though, the refs wiped off 10 pts from the Rockets. Three 3-point shots from Harden and a foul on a 3-pt shot Harden made.

It doesn't excuse them missing open 3s after 3s though. Curry and Durant were different animals in the second half.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4890 on: May 29, 2018, 03:16:22 pm »
To be fair though, the refs wiped off 10 pts from the Rockets. Three 3-point shots from Harden and a foul on a 3-pt shot Harden made.
Well, to be fair refs never call travel each time he does double step back for a 3. He picks up his dribble, takes a step back and takes another two steps, that’s the definition of travel.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4891 on: May 29, 2018, 03:17:43 pm »
I don't care if the Rockets went 82-0 in the regular season, I'd never fancy them in the playoffs. They're worse than the Raps, their roster is actually good.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4892 on: May 29, 2018, 03:18:49 pm »
Story of the 3's. Rozier missed all 10 of his 3pt attempts on Sunday night, was frustrating to watch.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4893 on: May 29, 2018, 04:16:28 pm »

It doesn't excuse them missing open 3s after 3s though. Curry and Durant were different animals in the second half.

And then to be fair, you can find a bunch of times they got calls on Harden when they shouldn't have. I have no sympathy for them or for Harden, all year long anyone that get's close to him or looks him the wrong way, gets called for a 3 point foul.

Their problem is their coach and their mentality. 27 missed 3's, and I'm sitting on the couch never played a game in my life, knowing that about 14 3's ago, they should have focused on attacking the paint as they were making their shots every time they were there.

DAntoni,harden,Paul,made all of the same cloth.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4894 on: May 29, 2018, 04:43:29 pm »
What’s the record for consecutive misses from 3, I mean 27 was very impressive, even the suns couldn’t do that!

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4895 on: May 29, 2018, 04:52:05 pm »
Trevor Ariza:

42 minutes played, 0 for 12 FG, 0 for 9 from three, 0 points
King Kenny.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4896 on: May 29, 2018, 05:02:13 pm »

Haha.

they missed 27 3's in a row.. for real??

Fucking hell that's bad.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4897 on: May 29, 2018, 05:25:15 pm »
they missed 27 3's in a row.. for real??

Fucking hell that's bad.

I did see someone calculate that the odds that a season-long 38% 3 point shooting team would go 0 for 27 is about 180,000/1, but not sure about that.

Finals schedule: Thurs, Sun (@GSW), Wed, Fri (Cle), Mon (GSW), Thur (Cle), Sun (GSW).
Really don't expect it to go back to Cleveland for Game 6.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4898 on: May 29, 2018, 06:27:39 pm »
Trevor Ariza:

42 minutes played, 0 for 12 FG, 0 for 9 from three, 0 points
He was thrash pretty much whole series except Game 2.
7 for 35 behind the arc in the series. Mighty 20%.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4899 on: May 29, 2018, 06:50:16 pm »
Predicable. Yawntastic! and this is forgetting to mention I am not a fan of the Rockets or the Celtics.

Down 11 and three straight non-calls on blantant fouls., one of those plays he was fouled by two different players. That is a bull tearing down the Pamplona and then witnessing it slam on the brakes to drop a deuce.

Unless there is a few major trades in the near future, I punch out. Completely exhausted of the non-parity!!!

Will not be tuning into the final.

Has there really ever been parity in the NBA though?  The 80’s it was all Lakers/Celtics, the 90’s it was the Bulls, the 60’s the Celtics, the 50’s Minneapolis Lakers, The 00’s it was the Lakers and now it’s the Warriors.  The 70’s was the only decade where there was a lot of parity and that’s when the league suffered the most with a major lack of support.  It’s a league based on superstars and superstars tend to win championships.   

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #4900 on: May 29, 2018, 08:41:55 pm »
Every NBA Finals dating back to 1991 has featured either:
Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon, Shaquille O'Neal, Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant or LeBron James.

28 consecutive Finals with at least one of those six players.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4901 on: May 29, 2018, 09:00:46 pm »
Every NBA Finals dating back to 1991 has featured either:
Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon, Shaquille O'Neal, Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant or LeBron James.

28 consecutive Finals with at least one of those six players.
mad that, to be honest you can swap hakeem with kenny Smith and it’s still the same stat ;)

More sad tho that lebron and Kobe never faced off in a finals

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4902 on: May 29, 2018, 09:14:21 pm »
As for the Warriors-Cavs final:

Well, the real NBA final was Warriors-Rockets series. In fact, 7th game yesterday was the Super Bowl of NBA.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4903 on: May 30, 2018, 07:50:00 am »
This Colangelo story is insane:

76er's President Bryan Colangelo might have five secret Twitter accounts to criticize Sixers players and more, per @ringer ble.ac/2shacZN

The thing that makes me believe that it could possibly be true is that all of the accounts are private now. A random person wouldn't go private just because they were wrongly cited in an article.

Meanwhile: “76ers star Joel Embiid said Colangelo also called him to deny the allegations, per ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski: "I talked to him and he said that he didn't say that. He called me just to deny the story. Gotta believe him until proven otherwise. If true though, that would be really bad."”
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 07:54:17 am by elsewhere »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4904 on: May 30, 2018, 12:59:10 pm »
What in the world!!!

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4905 on: May 30, 2018, 01:29:13 pm »
Report Outlines Alleged Twitter Use Connected To Bryan Colangelo

A report from The Ringer has outlined alleged Twitter use of Bryan Colangelo.

The story cites circumstantial evidence that paints a picture of the NBA front-office veteran using multiple anonymous Twitter accounts to support his work in Philadelphia while also to take shots at some of his team's players, including Joel Embiid and Markelle Fultz, as well as former Sixers Jahlil Okafor and Nerlens Noel.

Embiid told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski that Colangelo called him Tuesday night to deny the tweets were from him.

"I talked to him and he said that he didn't say that," Embiid said. "He called me just to deny the story. Gotta believe him until proven otherwise. If true, though, that would be really bad."

In a statement first given to The Ringer on Tuesday, Colangelo explained his use of one of the accounts, while denying his involvement with four others.

"Like many of my colleagues in sports, I have used social media as a means to keep up with the news," the statement said. "While I have never posted anything whatsoever on social media, I have used the @Phila1234567 Twitter account referenced in this story to monitor our industry and other current events. This storyline is disturbing to me on many levels, as I am not familiar with any of the other accounts that have been brought to my attention, nor do I know who is behind them or what their motives may be in using them."

The Ringer reported that it was anonymously tipped off by the source to the Twitter activity in February and began researching from there.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

and meanwhile:

Brett Brown, 76ers Agree Upon Three-Year Extension

Brett Brown and the Philadelphia 76ers have agreed upon a three-year contract extension.

Brown was entering the final season of his contract.

Brown was hired by Sam Hinkie as head coach and has continued under Bryan Colangelo.

"We've grown something that I think all of us, when you take a deep breath, look around and, collectively as an organization, I'm just so proud of where we are," Brown said after the 76ers were eliminated from the playoffs by the Celtics.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #4906 on: May 30, 2018, 03:27:28 pm »
For those interested, here is the article from The Ringer: https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/29/17406750/bryan-colangelo-philadelphia-76ers-twitter-joel-embiid-anonymous-markelle-fultz

I am not a huge fan of The Ringer, but this is a great read. If this is true, Colangelo is done not only with the Sixers, but in the NBA.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4907 on: May 30, 2018, 03:53:20 pm »
Embiid really is the best at Twitter

@JoelEmbiid
Joel told me that @samhinkie IS BETTER AND SMARTER THAN YOU @AlVic40117560 #BurnerAccount

@JoelEmbiid
Bruh

And then the kicker
@JoelEmbiid
Fun night on Twitter lmao.. All jokes asides I don’t believe the story. That would just be insane
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4908 on: May 31, 2018, 10:34:59 am »
Cannabis and sport: NBA winner Matt Barnes 'smoked before games'

Given you can ingest it, I know as a coach I wouldn't be happy about players smoking it before games. But it definitely has a place in sport, as it aids recovery without having the performance enhancing aspect of PEDs. By all accounts a lot of fighters in MMA use it to aid pain relief and recovery.

Offline Zend...en the clowns

• Legacy Fan
  • Likes BBQ sauce a bit too much..
« Reply #4909 on: May 31, 2018, 08:55:27 pm »
So then, predictions for tonight?
He posts in the day, he posts in the niiiiiiggghht,
That Zend...en the clowns, his timings just right.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4910 on: May 31, 2018, 09:00:01 pm »
So then, predictions for tonight?

James goes mental, but it's not enough as the Warriors win by at least 10.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4911 on: May 31, 2018, 10:21:09 pm »
4-1 Warriors, Durant Finals MVP again

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4912 on: May 31, 2018, 10:52:28 pm »
4-1 Warriors, Durant Finals MVP again
agreed but think curry gets MVP

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4913 on: May 31, 2018, 11:13:38 pm »
I really want to watch the game tonight but 2am is so far away

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #4914 on: June 1, 2018, 12:11:12 am »
Cav in 6.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4915 on: June 1, 2018, 04:19:40 am »
A possession down with under a minute remaining.  Never has their been a more annoying team than GSW...the talent disparity here is immense.

If LBJ pulls this series off...nobody needs to question the GOAT status.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2018, 04:24:34 am by b_joseph »

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4916 on: June 1, 2018, 04:29:20 am »
Wow, did JR Smith just cost Cavs the first game?
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline b_joseph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4917 on: June 1, 2018, 04:29:47 am »
Damn...107-107, OT. The lack of sleep was worth it at this point.

Offline indianscouser

• Kopite
« Reply #4918 on: June 1, 2018, 04:30:59 am »
Hill misses. Overtime. Good start to the finals.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #4919 on: June 1, 2018, 04:35:43 am »
J.R Smith must be one of the stupidest human beings to ever walk the earth.