Author Topic: CL 1st leg: L’pool 0 v Bayern 0  (Read 42600 times)

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Re: CL 1st leg: L’pool 0 v Bayern 0
« Reply #720 on: February 22, 2019, 08:54:35 pm »
Nothing to do with tv, and everything to do with the spirit of the game as it was intended right from the outset.

Having said that, US schools football has a stopped clock, and games can go on for nearly 2 hours in some cases, depending on the stoppages. It's a dreadful system. You can't plan for anything.

I just want 90 minutes of football, not 80 plus 10 minutes of time wasting. There is no reason a stopped clock will increase time wasting, plus, the spirit of the game has long gone.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #721 on: February 23, 2019, 07:24:10 pm »
Rafinha, who should play in the 2nd leg as Kimmich is suspended, has been gobbing off about Niko Kovac today  :o

Some quotes:

"Lately, the coach hasn't been fair with me. No idea why. I perform in training. It's hard for me to motivate myself. I train well, but I don't play any role. He doesn't rely on me"

" I don't know what he is thinking. I played for Heynckes, Ancelotti, Guardiola. I have no idea what the reason is. The coach knows that I will go at the end of the season. Maybe that's the reason."

"I'm sad because I was not allowed to play the fourth game in a row. I'm a good player, but I can not show it. If you do not get a minute, it's hard to be there (in the second leg against Liverpool). I hope I get minutes in the next 2 weeks. I just want to play"

Kovac does not do rotation! It'd make sense if he actually would play Rafinha at least the game before the 2nd leg, as he has played only 80 minutes of football since coming back from the winter break.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #722 on: February 23, 2019, 07:33:26 pm »
Rafinha, who should play in the 2nd leg as Kimmich is suspended, has been gobbing off about Niko Kovac today  :o

Some quotes:

"Lately, the coach hasn't been fair with me. No idea why. I perform in training. It's hard for me to motivate myself. I train well, but I don't play any role. He doesn't rely on me"

" I don't know what he is thinking. I played for Heynckes, Ancelotti, Guardiola. I have no idea what the reason is. The coach knows that I will go at the end of the season. Maybe that's the reason."

"I'm sad because I was not allowed to play the fourth game in a row. I'm a good player, but I can not show it. If you do not get a minute, it's hard to be there (in the second leg against Liverpool). I hope I get minutes in the next 2 weeks. I just want to play"

Kovac does not do rotation! It'd make sense if he actually would play Rafinha at least the game before the 2nd leg, as he has played only 80 minutes of football since coming back from the winter break.

Wow, he's not happy.  :o
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #723 on: February 23, 2019, 08:12:09 pm »
Kingsley Coman tore his hamstring today too, so he will be out for a while.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #724 on: February 23, 2019, 08:15:58 pm »
I just want 90 minutes of football, not 80 plus 10 minutes of time wasting. There is no reason a stopped clock will increase time wasting, plus, the spirit of the game has long gone.

It won't stop time-wasting. But the time that is being wasted, the clock isn't running. So things that might be allowed to run the clock will now stop the clock, meaning the game will be an indeterminate length.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #725 on: February 23, 2019, 08:29:51 pm »
Oh damn. Hoping for the best on his recovery

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #726 on: February 23, 2019, 08:33:47 pm »

ANy news on Robben? Surely he is back for them by the time we play?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: February 23, 2019, 08:44:57 pm »
ANy news on Robben? Surely he is back for them by the time we play?

I am not sure he will be. He is still not in team training, although he has been running.

He's had a couple failed attempts at getting back from this thigh injury already, so it seems a real problem for him.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #728 on: February 23, 2019, 08:49:00 pm »
He was their biggest threat the other night so would be a big loss. Is it an actual hamstring tear or a Man Utd hamstring tear?
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #729 on: February 23, 2019, 09:03:51 pm »
He was their biggest threat the other night so would be a big loss. Is it an actual hamstring tear or a Man Utd hamstring tear?
Think they are waiting for results but expect it to be a Man Utd tear. Huge boost for us if he is out.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #730 on: February 23, 2019, 09:08:24 pm »
Think they are waiting for results but expect it to be a Man Utd tear. Huge boost for us if he is out.
Definitely. Was worrying every time he got the ball. Shame it’s a three week turnaround.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: February 23, 2019, 09:10:12 pm »

Bayern Munich have already confirmed the injury to Coman. What they aren't saying as I guess they don't know, is how long they think he is out for.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #732 on: February 23, 2019, 09:13:16 pm »
I am not sure he will be. He is still not in team training, although he has been running.

He's had a couple failed attempts at getting back from this thigh injury already, so it seems a real problem for him.

I fear him and Lewandowski the most. Goretzka has been in good form as well.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #733 on: February 23, 2019, 09:16:27 pm »
I fear him and Lewandowski the most. Goretzka has been in good form as well.

Goretzka being available will be a big positive for them, been playing well and getting some goals too.  Losing Kimmich and potentially Coman, and an unfit Robben, if he's back at all, would be positive for Liverpool for sure! 3 talented players.

Offline baboons

• I lurk, therefore, I am
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Kiss my big red baboon ass.
« Reply #734 on: February 23, 2019, 09:28:26 pm »
A stopping clock needs a shortened game. As the ball is typically in play 30-35 mins a half, you probably go with a 30 min half but stop the clock for any dead ball. Unlikely the whole thing takes more than 2 hours.
You don't need pants for the victory dance

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #735 on: February 23, 2019, 09:33:33 pm »
A stopping clock needs a shortened game. As the ball is typically in play 30-35 mins a half, you probably go with a 30 min half but stop the clock for any dead ball. Unlikely the whole thing takes more than 2 hours.

I've coached games under the "stopping clock". We've had games that go to 2 hours (with 35 minute halves).

The clock doesn't stop for throw-ins or goal kicks. It only stops for injuries or when the ref requests it. So nothing much would change in general.

The laws of the game don't need to be butchered any more than they have been, merely to satisfy the whims of people who's main experience of the game is watching it on tv
Better looking than Samie.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #736 on: February 24, 2019, 12:42:19 am »
VAR will add more playing time. Hopefully players are a ware of this.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?