Author Topic: Raheem Sterling  (Read 109095 times)

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
Re: Raheem Sterling
« Reply #440 on: April 25, 2019, 08:41:42 pm »
Its not greed when he moved to a club in better shape than us

Do you feel that way about Torres joining Chelsea or Owen joining Real then Man U?

Sterling has done great on and off the field after moving to City, but there´s nothing remarkable or hypocritical about the criticism he´s received for leaving LFC the way he did. He jumped ship and got the same treatment others have done before him for doing that. Don´t blame him particularly for it personally, but the flack he's received for it was completely predictable and as far as I can tell not worse than others got before him. Owen gave us six years, several trophies and 116 goals but still ended up being seen as the ultimate villiain, Sterling gave the club far less than that before heading for greener pastures.

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #441 on: April 26, 2019, 07:15:00 am »
Its not greed when he moved to a club in better shape than us, he's won multiple trophies and has turned into one of the best footballers about, its not like he made a sidewards step.

If he is greedy for joining a better team, then so is Alisson, so is van Dijk, so is... etc...

Well yes that's a logical point of view. But I personally can't bring myself to apply the same logic to somebody who wants to play for LFC as I do to somebody who didn't.

On the current PR initiative that him and his advisors have taken, I will be honest, if I didn't dislike him already I would be fairly uncomfortable about it. I acknowledge that  Sterling speaking out helps the fight against racism and it that regard it's definitely a good thing. On the other hand, however,  if a journalist wrote a piece similar to the letter he wrote about the differing attitudes to the two City youths buying houses for their parents, it would be considered lazy and inherently bias in itself.

Also if his comments about racism in football were not being delivered in tandem with numerous drip fed stories about his acts of goodwill and charity, I might be less likely to question the motives.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #442 on: April 26, 2019, 11:25:17 am »
He's come on leaps and bounds as a player and as a man and is no a credit to himself and his club. Having said that, I'm pretty sure his playing career would have taken a similar trajectory under Klopp. He irritated the crap out of me at the time he left but after a period of grudging respect, it's just (avuncular) respect from me now.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #443 on: April 26, 2019, 03:17:15 pm »
He's a little shit.

Exactly, fuck him, I really hope they fuck up in those three games they have remaining.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: April 26, 2019, 04:34:10 pm »
Honestly, this media love in for Raheem Sterling is getting a bit OTT.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #445 on: April 26, 2019, 05:43:39 pm »
Only posting in this thread because Luis is still showing some class and this one just got bumped

I see Raheem on the news. Know who he is still, like. He's there.

But fucks given? None. Feel a bewt even writing this post. Wasting me time and yours too! Don't give a flying fuck at a rolling donut. He exchanged love for money, literally. That's nothing to admire

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #446 on: April 27, 2019, 12:42:52 am »
Only posting in this thread because Luis is still showing some class and this one just got bumped

I see Raheem on the news. Know who he is still, like. He's there.

But fucks given? None. Feel a bewt even writing this post. Wasting me time and yours too! Don't give a flying fuck at a rolling donut. He exchanged love for money, literally. That's nothing to admire

Pretty much mate. The plastics will forget Sterling within the year when he leaves, what a twat.

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #447 on: April 27, 2019, 08:45:41 am »
Honestly, this media love in for Raheem Sterling is getting a bit OTT.

The same media are playing Sterling like a fiddle.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #448 on: April 27, 2019, 01:16:16 pm »
Pep is making him and the rest of the City players look much better than he actually is.

His numbers are really impressive this season and it looks like he stepped up a level but under any other coach that's not great as Klopp or Pep I think he'll get back to pre-Pep levels of being quite decent but a way off being elite.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #449 on: April 27, 2019, 02:49:28 pm »
‘I don’t want Liverpool to win the league, you don’t want Liverpool to win the league, no one wants Liverpool to win the league’

This guy is a piece of shit

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #450 on: April 27, 2019, 03:30:57 pm »
Its not greed when he moved to a club in better shape than us, he's won multiple trophies and has turned into one of the best footballers about, its not like he made a sidewards step.

If he is greedy for joining a better team, then so is Alisson, so is van Dijk, so is... etc...

If Alisson and VVD went on anti capitalist marches then signed for Hedge fund owned LFC it would be a fair comparative. Sterling preaches equality and works for a money laundering, Islamist dictatorship.

Hes a hypocritical, diving shithouse.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: April 27, 2019, 05:01:17 pm »
Really, really dislike him. His exit manoeuvring has left by far the worst taste in my mouth of any Liverpool player that springs to mind. And I didn't even like him as a player for us either.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: April 28, 2019, 09:36:41 am »
Massively overrated by now. I know he's had a great season but people are talking up as the second coming of Messi now. He's nowhere near. He's not the best wide player in the league even let alone one of the best in the world. I would take Mane, Salah and Hazard above Sterling. I think Sane is just as good though he plays a very different style of football.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: April 28, 2019, 09:37:10 am »
‘I don’t want Liverpool to win the league, you don’t want Liverpool to win the league, no one wants Liverpool to win the league’

When did he say that? Fucking little rat. He's about as fake as they come. A Londoner, "supports" Manchester United, but has played for Liverpool and Man City.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: April 28, 2019, 10:03:15 am »
If Alisson and VVD went on anti capitalist marches then signed for Hedge fund owned LFC it would be a fair comparative. Sterling preaches equality and works for a money laundering, Islamist dictatorship.

Hes a hypocritical, diving shithouse.

I don’t get it what do you want him to do?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #455 on: April 28, 2019, 12:09:37 pm »

Source?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: April 28, 2019, 01:58:44 pm »
Source?

It's in the echo and there was a video of him saying it as well during his acceptance speech for PFA Young player of the year.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: April 28, 2019, 02:02:01 pm »
I don’t get it what do you want him to do?

I dont understand the question?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: April 28, 2019, 04:03:47 pm »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #460 on: April 29, 2019, 07:38:42 am »
He’s 24, turns 25 this year, yet wins young player? Similar thing happened to Kane too I think.

Is ridiculous really. Genuinely young players do t stand a chance these days.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #461 on: April 29, 2019, 07:44:28 am »
He’s 24, turns 25 this year, yet wins young player? Similar thing happened to Kane too I think.

Is ridiculous really. Genuinely young players do t stand a chance these days.

You get young (ish) players who don’t arrive on the scene til a bit later like Lingard (not that great I know, but was struggling for an example).

But they should reconsider the critter is for this one in terms of appearances or time since debut or something. His first senior game for us was 2012!

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #462 on: April 29, 2019, 10:09:43 am »
Should definitely be done on appearances.

Sterling has made 223 PL appearances over 8 seasons, bit bizarre he still qualifies for young player.

There are some genuine top quality young players who should be the ones in the running for this award.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #463 on: April 29, 2019, 10:11:54 am »
Don't think it should be done on appearances - that's just punishing players who have the exceptional talent to break-through earlier.

The cut-off age at the start of the season should just move from 23 to 21.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #464 on: April 29, 2019, 10:14:33 am »
Don't think it should be done on appearances - that's just punishing players who have the exceptional talent to break-through earlier.

The cut-off age at the start of the season should just move from 23 to 21.

I wouldn’t say it punishes them as gives them a chance to win the award against players closer to their own age and experience rather than being up against someone who has played well over 100 appearances.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #465 on: April 29, 2019, 10:17:18 am »
Just been named FWA Player of the Year.

Apparently got 62% of the vote, well above what VVD got, which I find a bit strange.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: April 29, 2019, 10:54:28 am »

Apparently got 62% of the vote, well above what VVD got, which I find a bit strange.

They are just bitter  ;D

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: April 29, 2019, 10:55:24 am »

Instagram posts matter more to journalists than consistency on the pitch it would seem.

He's had a great season but no greater than Aguero, Mane or Salah. Possibly Hazard, too. Their numbers all speak for themselves. Great, but not extraordinary. Van Dijk has been extraordinary.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: April 29, 2019, 11:23:54 am »

Scott Parker won that once, in a year when his team were relegated.  I’m not entirely sure that lot always know what they’re talking about.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: April 29, 2019, 11:27:46 am »
Scott Parker won that once, in a year when his team were relegated.  I’m not entirely sure that lot always know what they’re talking about.

They do get it right sometimes, though. Gerrard in 2009 and Vardy in 2016, for example, were alternative picks to Giggs and Mahrez, but the correct ones in my view.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #470 on: April 29, 2019, 06:15:51 pm »

Let’s be honest, he hasn’t won it because he’s been the best player in the league this season. Because he hasn’t. He’s won it because he’s had a good season and he’s the new poster boy against racism, which I don’t have a massive issue with.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: April 29, 2019, 09:17:08 pm »

What are you talking about? The likes of Henry Winter and Patrick Barclay know... Oh, I see. Good point.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: April 29, 2019, 10:59:45 pm »

Voted for him out of shame and to try to justify labelling him as a trailblazer,which they also did because of that shame.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: April 29, 2019, 11:01:25 pm »

#Whiteguilt

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #474 on: May 1, 2019, 01:16:47 pm »

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: May 1, 2019, 11:18:34 pm »
#Whiteguilt

Wtf? Seriously man, that's a really embarrassing thing to post on here.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: May 2, 2019, 12:41:21 am »
Wtf? Seriously man, that's a really embarrassing thing to post on here.

I honestly believe that the Press voted for him out of shame,they've gone from one extreme to the other and in their own words are trying to market him as a trailblazer
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: May 2, 2019, 06:53:46 am »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: May 2, 2019, 06:13:03 pm »
Care to explain?

The press, which in the case of football press is generally a load of old white guys, created this monster. This monster being this hatred of Raheem Sterling through negative stories. They deliberately put a target on his back and then in the usual press fashion, they tried to hide away from their responsibility when that abuse turned racist they are doing all they can to blame everyone else.

He doesn’t deserve to be player of the year. He has been good, very good. But he hasn’t been the best footballer this year. He got the award because they want to be seen to be on the good side of it all and because of much internal shame.

Really, Sterling should tell them to fuck off.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: May 2, 2019, 07:26:57 pm »
Hmm ... i don't like the undertones from some that Sterling somehow got the player award because he is black and made a stand against racism. IMO that dubious hashtag used a few posts above doesn't send a good message out to anyone casually perusing this site. Sterlng's been fucking good this year and either him or Van Dijk are worthy winners. I'm not particularly fond of his attitude towards us at times - he's quite snide at times, but we give as good as we get and don't exactly lay out the red carpet to him when he comes to Anfield. So we can't really get on our high horse. He's earnt my respect this year for sure, both on and off the field. He said what needed to be said, and a lot of c*nts in the media and in society needed to fucking hear it.