Author Topic: Raheem Sterling  (Read 109163 times)

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
Re: Raheem Sterling
« Reply #280 on: December 9, 2018, 10:46:07 pm »
So lets stop booing him then.

Why?

He's a member of the opposition team, to be honest we should boo and hiss every player for 90 mins. Too much of this friendly bullshit "oh don't put him off" has resulted in the sanitised shite version of Anfield we're now stuck with.

On the pitch he is the enemy, off the pitch hats off to him for bringing up this important issue.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #281 on: December 10, 2018, 08:33:22 am »
I love the kid. All he has done is want to excel at his field AND improve the situation for his family. I have never really understood the hatred for him yet we let a bunch of others (Suarez, Coutinho, Alonso etc) get away with basically similar situations. He just had aspirations and at the time despite our 13/14 season, it was unclear exactly where we were going with Rodgers and FSG were probably a bit more strict on not 'overpaying' players.

He gets abuse for absolutely no reason by the right wing media. It is disgusting.

Because he's English and was our academy player. Latino players, most of them eventually, at some point of their careers, will want to go to Spain, and everyone knows that, and everyone expects and accepts that. What Sterling did, it's something that you don't see very often. He's a fucking rat, and we should boo him everytime we can.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: December 10, 2018, 08:42:27 am »
Because he's English and was our academy player. Latino players, most of them eventually, at some point of their careers, will want to go to Spain, and everyone knows that, and everyone expects and accepts that. What Sterling did, it's something that you don't see very often. He's a fucking rat, and we should boo him everytime we can.

We should boo him because it affects his game, not because he’s English, he’s not scouse and didn’t grow up a Liverpool fan so you should afford him the same respect to move on as you do those players from Latin backgrounds.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: December 10, 2018, 08:45:14 am »

I'd boo the twat even if it didn't have an adverse affect on his game,the fact that it does just means we should boo a little louder & our fullbacks should hit him a little harder.He acted like a total twat & whilst I put a lot of that down to his c*nt of an agent,the main culprit was Raheem himself

So lets stop booing him then.

;D  ::)
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: December 10, 2018, 08:49:21 am »
I'd boo the twat even if it didn't have an adverse affect on his game,the fact that it does just means we should boo a little louder & our fullbacks should hit him a little harder.He acted like a total twat & whilst I put a lot of that down to his c*nt of an agent,the main culprit was Raheem himself

;D  ::)

Would you boo Coutinho or Suarez also if they came Anfield? I think the only good reason to boo him is because it affects his game, most players who leave us act like a twat in doing so it’s not a viable reason for me.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #285 on: December 10, 2018, 08:52:06 am »
Would you boo Coutinho or Suarez also if they came Anfield? I think the only good reason to boo him is because it affects his game, most players who leave us act like a twat in doing so it’s not a viable reason for me.

How did Suarez leave us like a twat?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: December 10, 2018, 08:56:52 am »
How did Suarez leave us like a twat?

He handed a transfer request had a mini strike all to go Arsenal, he then went on to bite a player to indirectly or directly speed up the process to go Barcelona, he wasn’t any less of a twat than Sterling.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #287 on: December 10, 2018, 08:58:37 am »
Still massively flattered by his surroundings, still has a piss poor attitude and is a divisive character bad for dressing room morale. Salah is miles better and Mané is a bit better overall. Also has a habit of flaking it in big games. Where was he during the second half yesterday when his team needed him?

Can't agree with this - a manager like Pep Guardiola and along the same lines, Jurgen Klopp, would not give him the time of day if he had a poor attitude and was just flattered by those around him, being in a team filled with superstars has meant he has had to step up and be counted among them or he would easily be replaced by megabucks City.

Dislike him all you want for the way he left us etc, I get that, but he is not shite like many say

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #288 on: December 10, 2018, 08:59:04 am »
We should boo him because it affects his game, not because he’s English, he’s not scouse and didn’t grow up a Liverpool fan so you should afford him the same respect to move on as you do those players from Latin backgrounds.
If you find a need to "boo" anyone and you're older than say 13, then there's something mentally wrong with you.

Sterling left because we were underpaying him for his market value and the club kept on lowballing contract leaks to the press:

"I had Raheem Sterling playing for England and a regular in the Liverpool first team on £2,000 per week.

"I couldn't do it any longer than about the November time because he was absolutely brilliant, so we had to get him on a different contract. But I stretched it out as long as I could."

He then earned 35k per week after that until his move to City where he's on a reported 180k a week

Of course when Man City came in we were blown out of the water and some fans chose to label him as "money greedy" ignoring all the trophies he has won in the meantime.

We got a good price for him at the time as there was no guarantee that he'd carry on his development trajectory.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #289 on: December 10, 2018, 08:59:04 am »
He handed a transfer request had a mini strike all to go Arsenal, he then went on to bite a player to indirectly or directly speed up the process to go Barcelona, he wasn’t any less of a twat than Sterling.

Mindblowing that people believe this

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: December 10, 2018, 09:00:51 am »

I wanted us to let Coutinho rot in the ressies until the summer so what do you think ?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: December 10, 2018, 09:03:20 am »
If you find a need to "boo" anyone and you're older than say 13, then there's something mentally wrong with you.

Sure mate,you tell every fucker that when we next play City,let everyone around you know that you think they're mentally deficient.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #292 on: December 10, 2018, 09:09:06 am »

Sure mate,you tell every fucker that when we next play City,let everyone around you know that you think they're mentally deficient.
and you carry on booing a lad kicking a ball

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: December 10, 2018, 09:23:45 am »

If he went to Arsenal, we'd boo the shit out of him for the rest of his career.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: December 10, 2018, 09:25:04 am »
If he went to Arsenal, we'd boo the shit out of him for the rest of his career.

What stopped him?

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #295 on: December 10, 2018, 09:27:24 am »

Wow, you really don't get it at all do you?
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: December 10, 2018, 09:28:02 am »
What stopped him?

???

So I assume we should also just treat Stevie like he actually did join Chelsea?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline SlowRap

• Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #297 on: December 10, 2018, 09:28:02 am »
What stopped him?
John Henry laughing off the agreed clause on twitter and Gerrard begging him to give us one more year

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: December 10, 2018, 09:28:15 am »

So long as you are ok with it,prefer to whistle myself,is that also ok with you or does that still mean that I have a mental disorder ?

I bet your piss really boils when Anfield turns up the heat on the twat,does it give you the sads ?

Offline SlowRap

• Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #299 on: December 10, 2018, 09:36:14 am »
So long as you are ok with it,prefer to whistle myself,is that also ok with you or does that still mean that I have a mental disorder ?

I bet your piss really boils when Anfield turns up the heat on the twat,does it give you the sads ?
you'll probably get laughed off like those Chelsea fans did

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: December 10, 2018, 09:36:54 am »

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: December 10, 2018, 09:38:07 am »
???

So I assume we should also just treat Stevie like he actually did join Chelsea?

Stevie chose himself not to go on two occasions, Suarez was stopped by our board otherwise he would have been gone.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: December 10, 2018, 09:39:10 am »
you'll probably get laughed off like those Chelsea fans did

Yeah because what happens EVERY TIME he plays at Anfield is exactly the same as what happened at the weekend.

Starting to think that your mental health jibe was just you projecting.

Offline SlowRap

• Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #303 on: December 10, 2018, 09:42:20 am »

Yeah because what happens EVERY TIME he plays at Anfield is exactly the same as what happened at the weekend.

Starting to think that your mental health jibe was just you projecting.
so when he scores and has a good game against us you'll stop booing/whistling?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: December 10, 2018, 09:45:02 am »

I am sure that made sense in your head.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: December 10, 2018, 09:46:38 am »
Stevie chose himself not to go on two occasions, Suarez was stopped by our board otherwise he would have been gone.

And?

To be honest I'm not even sure why you're arsed, like there's some formula we should follow for who is allowed to be booed and who isn't. Fans have a much bigger affinity with Suarez than Sterling, get over it. Torres got booed like fuck whilst at Chelsea, then gradually started being nice about us and got forgiven. It really isn't that big of a deal, and football fans being what they are the more attention is called to it the more it'll happen.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 09:55:47 am by On The Eeleventh Day Of Lobo... »

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #306 on: December 10, 2018, 10:13:54 am »
I think the big difference between the perspective of Sterling against, say, Suarez and Alonso is that it appeared to a large extent that Sterling was leaving for money whereas Suarez and Alonso wanted to go elsewhere to win things. The Alonso situation is especially complicated because only a year before we’d very publicly tried to buy Gareth Barry which seemed a huge snub to Alonso. He then had his best season for us and went off to Madrid. It was gutting that he left but it wasn’t a huge surprise.

The same with Suarez, I don’t seem to recall any issues over money, he just wanted to compete. Arsenal were in a better position than us to do so when he had his little strike - we’d not been in the CL for a few years - and there wasn’t much of a suggestion we were moving in the right direction. A year later he’s had a phenomenal season, goes for the price of his release clause and heads off abroad to Barce where he wins a load of trophies thus (at least in part) seeming to justify his decision.

Other players have complex histories. Masch went on strike but there were clearly issues with Hodgson/H&G that some will sympathise with. Again at least when he goes, it’s to Spain and a big club where he wins silverware. Coutinho’s was the most frustrating in a while because the timing was plainly so poor, going in the middle of a season when he’d been playing well. We seemed to be on the up with Klopp as well though again the context is at least somewhat relevant. He’d been with us for 5 years and despite being a top class player had nothing to show for it trophy wise. And again at least he went to Spain.

Even Steve McManaman went to Real Madrid while Fowler was pushed when he went off to Leeds.

So the above will still get a mix of appreciation and frustration. But fans’ ire tends to be vented on those who move domestically and especially when perceived to be for money rather than career development or trophies. Owen went to Madrid but ended up playing at United and so is seen as a mercenary. Torres left us for a Chelsea side who’d become a rival of ours with awful timing having become a fan favourite. And Sterling went off to Man City in what was perceived at least in part to be chasing money despite having developed significantly as a player at Liverpool and being given an opportunity to do so.

It may seem unreasonable but when footballers are paid tens or hundreds of thousands of pounds a week, it seems perverse to the average fan that they need to move to secure even more money. Put yourself in the player’s shoes and, with no particular loyalty to Liverpool, the thought of going somewhere where you can double your salary (and in Sterling’s case there was the prospect of trophies with City) and the decision has far more cold logic to it than we’d like to acknowledge. Footballers are, for a large part, mercenaries these days and I think the Torres deal brought this realisation into the stark light of day for a lot of supporters. I still don’t like the way Sterling engineered his departure - via his agent it seemed rather calculated and unsavoury. There’s also an argument that at just 21 he had years ahead of him to chase money and trophies. But as fans we will invariably see things in a different way to players. The game has changed.

So you can see why Sterling gets more stick than Alonso or Suarez. It’s pretty obvious really and I don’t think it has anything to do with race (see the immediate reaction to Torres’ departure for the best comparative). Each player has their own set of circumstances, their own motivations and their own manner of sale which will contribute to how they’re perceived by us on their departure.

But I’m “over” Sterling now I the same way I’m “over” Torres, Suarez it Coutinho. We’ve moved on, he’s moved on. If you want to boo him because you think it might put him off his game, then do it. If you want to have a debate about how good a footballer he is then that’s your prerogative.

But this insidious paper talk about him being a disruptive influence is just that - paper talk. There’s nothing to back it up. He seems calm and settled at City, performing to a high level. It’s comparable to all the other rubbish that’s been written about him and which he has called out, correctly. The tabloids in particular treat him and other young black players differently from young white players. That’s not to say they don’t criticise white players, it’s just that they’ll lambast a black player for doing something innocuous like buying a house or jewellery whereas young white players wouldn’t get stick to nearly the same extent.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: December 10, 2018, 10:53:53 am »
That’s the point though how is sterling not leaving for trophies also? He went to Man City a team who had won more trophies than us or anyone in the last few seasons, since he’s left he won the league...

Online markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: December 10, 2018, 10:57:13 am »
Wouldn't surprise me if this thread changed names to "Raheem Sterling Appreciation Thread" soon at this rate given the sudden love-in for him... Anyway, we were in good form when the contract saga began and were very much in the Top 4 race and then all through the spring of 2015 it suddenly collapsed and his performances definitely took a huge dive. Make of that what you will. I'll always hope he fails miserably after the 2015 farce and will gladly cheer each time he's completely dismantled by our defence (which always happens), but then again, accusing me of being a horrible person is rather uncalled for.

You raise in interesting point, we were in good form and looked a good bet for the top 4 that year, but we were the ones that leaked sterling's wage demands and how big of a contract he had turned down, from that moment his form fell off and so did ours.  I blame our management for the leaks, sterling then did the BBC interview to try and outline how he wasn't a money grabber, the leaks obviously rattled him and the atmosphere towards him during games definitely turned thanks to our owns leaks.  Every missed chance, had people referring to how much money he was asking for.

We stabbed ourselves in the back with with those leaks, we felt he would be leaving so we went into damage maximization mode, so that fans would turn on sterling, instead of the board for selling one of our top players YET AGAIN.  I blame our management, we should have waited for the summer to leak, instead of sabotaging our own season, for the purposes of PR.  You can see how hungry our fans are to buy the excuse that sterling is a money grabber, by looking at this thread. Our management team could have sold that story once the season was over.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: December 10, 2018, 10:59:00 am »
That’s the point though how is sterling not leaving for trophies also? He went to Man City a team who had won more trophies than us or anyone in the last few seasons, since he’s left he won the league...

You really do seem to be jumping through hoops to try and slate Liverpool fans here Coolie.

Its pretty well documented that he wanted a lot more money to stay at Liverpool, which I assume is something that you don't believe whilst believing other stuff like 'Suarez bit someone to try and engineer a move' :D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: December 10, 2018, 11:05:36 am »
You raise in interesting point, we were in good form and looked a good bet for the top 4 that year, but we were the ones that leaked sterling's wage demands and how big of a contract he had turned down, from that moment his form fell off and so did ours.  I blame our management for the leaks, sterling then did the BBC interview to try and outline how he wasn't a money grabber, the leaks obviously rattled him and the atmosphere towards him during games definitely turned thanks to our owns leaks.  Every missed chance, had people referring to how much money he was asking for.

We stabbed ourselves in the back with with those leaks, we felt he would be leaving so we went into damage maximization mode, so that fans would turn on sterling, instead of the board for selling one of our top players YET AGAIN.  I blame our management, we should have waited for the summer to leak, instead of sabotaging our own season, for the purposes of PR.  You can see how hungry our fans are to buy the excuse that sterling is a money grabber, by looking at this thread. Our management team could have sold that story once the season was over.

You are talking out of your arse AGAIN.

Offline SlowRap

• Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #311 on: December 10, 2018, 11:34:46 am »

Wouldn't be the first or the last time that happens, look the club's purpose is to protect itself - if a player leaves that the fans want to stay then - the club goes into salvage mode to protect itself, usually this means spouting off negative things about the player to the press. Superfans of which there are a number can never admit to themselves that the club can do anything wrong, broken promises to players are brushed over as lies by the player's side, agents wanting the best for their client are brushed off as money hungry. It keeps the fans on side if you can label a player greedy for wanting to leave, forgetting ambition of said player or a broken promise, etc. This isn't to say that players are perfect all the time but you have to admit that there's two sides to every story.

On Sterling in particular it was obvious that his camp got pissed off with Rodgers spouting off to the press over fees and wages, the bridge was burnt so much that his agent came out and said no amount of money would make him stay.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: December 10, 2018, 11:36:19 am »

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #313 on: December 10, 2018, 11:39:26 am »

You frame this question as though it's unlikely to happen, but I don't agree.

Good luck to Sterling with regards to fighting racism in football, but let's not blur the boundaries here. We don't boo him because he's black; we boo him because we don't like him and, so far, it's proved an effective way of diminishing his impact at Anfield as an opposition player.

If that changes I'd imagine that along with time proving a 'healer' would see his negative reception dwindle. I mean, the game the other month couldn't have been much bigger, but I don't recall it being quite as vicious as it has been. Might be wrong.

Online markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: December 10, 2018, 11:57:48 am »
Wouldn't be the first or the last time that happens, look the club's purpose is to protect itself - if a player leaves that the fans want to stay then - the club goes into salvage mode to protect itself, usually this means spouting off negative things about the player to the press. Superfans of which there are a number can never admit to themselves that the club can do anything wrong, broken promises to players are brushed over as lies by the player's side, agents wanting the best for their client are brushed off as money hungry. It keeps the fans on side if you can label a player greedy for wanting to leave, forgetting ambition of said player or a broken promise, etc. This isn't to say that players are perfect all the time but you have to admit that there's two sides to every story.

On Sterling in particular it was obvious that his camp got pissed off with Rodgers spouting off to the press over fees and wages, the bridge was burnt so much that his agent came out and said no amount of money would make him stay.

I agree with what you are saying and am sympathetic to the problems the management faced in that saga, I just disagreed with the timing of their damaging leaks

I understand you will always get superfans, with their face paint on, supporting almost every move the club makes, and the usual suspects are out in force in this thread.  I'm not like them, Football is tribal, I just never feel hate towards ex players, that's just who I am
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 12:10:55 pm by markmywords »

Offline SlowRap

• Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #315 on: December 10, 2018, 12:00:17 pm »
You frame this question as though it's unlikely to happen, but I don't agree.

Good luck to Sterling with regards to fighting racism in football, but let's not blur the boundaries here. We don't boo him because he's black; we boo him because we don't like him and, so far, it's proved an effective way of diminishing his impact at Anfield as an opposition player.

If that changes I'd imagine that along with time proving a 'healer' would see his negative reception dwindle. I mean, the game the other month couldn't have been much bigger, but I don't recall it being quite as vicious as it has been. Might be wrong.
Why boo a player anyway? I always thought Suarez upped his game when he was booed and called a racist bastard by every other team in the league, one of my favourite moments is someone lobbing a coin at him and he just stuck the coin in the side of his boot. When you single out Sterling to boo, you're showing that you still feel something for him a bit like a crazy ex who keys your car. If you go out there and you boo the whole Man City team then you might've had some kind of argument. You can say he plays shite when we boo him, but does he? Is there data to prove this? Like someone pointed out these games are usually very tight so players like Sterling won't always get the room to express themselves booing or not. So for me booing 1. makes you look like a child 2. can actually galvanise an opposition player 3. doesn't make that much of a difference.

Imagine if it did we'd have booing going through the tannoy system

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: December 10, 2018, 12:10:14 pm »
You can say he plays shite when we boo him, but does he? Is there data to prove this?

Sterling at Anfield:

0-0 - 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 shots
0-3 - 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 shots (in half an hour as Pep started Gundogan right midfield instead, suggesting a clear issue)
3-4 - 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 shots
0-1 - 0 goals, 0 assists, 2 shots
0-3 - 0 goals, 0 assists, 2 shots

There is no data to prove the booing makes him play shite, just like there is no data to prove the booing doesn't make him play shite. But there is data that an ordinarily brilliant player plays very ordinarily at Anfield.

Offline SlowRap

• Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #317 on: December 10, 2018, 12:35:00 pm »
Sterling at Anfield:

0-0 - 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 shots
0-3 - 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 shots (in half an hour as Pep started Gundogan right midfield instead, suggesting a clear issue)
3-4 - 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 shots
0-1 - 0 goals, 0 assists, 2 shots
0-3 - 0 goals, 0 assists, 2 shots

There is no data to prove the booing makes him play shite, just like there is no data to prove the booing doesn't make him play shite. But there is data that an ordinarily brilliant player plays very ordinarily at Anfield.

Aguero 0 goals in 9 appearances at Anfield (7 with City 2 with AM) -no booing.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: December 10, 2018, 12:57:10 pm »
Aguero 0 goals in 9 appearances at Anfield (7 with City 2 with AM) -no booing.

Yep, it's entirely possible that without the booing Sterling's goals/assists record would be the same, but it's also entirely possible that it would look better.

I'm personally in little doubt, though, that his overall impact on games at Anfield would have been higher, and that he'd never have been benched for a massive European quarter-final were it not for the negative impact the booing has had on his game here.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #319 on: December 10, 2018, 05:00:33 pm »
Getting boring and personal now. Grow up.