Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 754325 times)

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #440 on: November 5, 2017, 12:15:32 am »

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #441 on: November 5, 2017, 12:24:21 am »
Ah the one I found was locked so I figured a new one was needed. My bad.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: November 5, 2017, 12:45:10 am »
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #443 on: November 5, 2017, 09:09:31 am »
Really liked the look of him yesterday. Think he'll be really good for us in midfield. An added bonus is that he is so versatile.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #444 on: November 5, 2017, 09:21:24 am »
Great to see it starting to click for him. Played well against West Ham and is developing a decent understanding with the other players. Great for him to get a couple of goals too.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #445 on: November 5, 2017, 04:33:31 pm »
I really want him to succeed and become a star with us. Probably because of the Arsenal fans I know.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: November 5, 2017, 06:22:08 pm »

Slowly but surely The Arsenal is being eliminated from him, there will be relapses but you can see his potential- still think he’s a headless chicken at times- could become a world beater if he could add real game intelligence / better decision making

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Iloveyoumamadou

• Main Stander
« Reply #448 on: November 6, 2017, 12:48:32 am »

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #449 on: November 6, 2017, 01:57:17 am »
Slowly but surely The Arsenal is being eliminated from him, there will be relapses but you can see his potential- still think he’s a headless chicken at times- could become a world beater if he could add real game intelligence / better decision making

I hope he keeps some Arsenal though; the quick one twos, the use of tight spaces, moving intelligently into space a step or two ahead of the play. I think Alex in central midfield will be the x-factor that helps us break down teams who use the low block. Hope he continues to improve.

Offline deadsetred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: November 7, 2017, 01:24:09 am »
Interesting game against West Ham. He was absolutely anonymous in the first half, even when we were doing a lot going forward - I couldn't figure out how he was getting left out of he play, though I think maybe he was maybe instructed to play on shoulder of last defender rather than clog up the central space. Not sure, it was strange.

Anyway, was a completely different player in the second half, esp. after the goal. Seems to be a real confidence player - Klopp's job is to even out his game mentally. Physically he seems to have all the tools.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #451 on: November 7, 2017, 10:36:50 am »
Interesting game against West Ham. He was absolutely anonymous in the first half, even when we were doing a lot going forward - I couldn't figure out how he was getting left out of he play, though I think maybe he was maybe instructed to play on shoulder of last defender rather than clog up the central space. Not sure, it was strange.

He was clearly instructed to stay as high and wide as possible in order to stretch them and create space for Salah inside. The amount of longer balls we hit over the top for Oxlade to run onto highlights this.

It was a mature, selfless performance. Right midfield is without question his best position and I hope it's largely where we'll see him play. His pace, energy and work-rate stretches sides while giving us the illusion of playing with three midfielders and four attackers at the same time and that's principally why he was signed.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #452 on: November 30, 2017, 12:50:01 am »
He's looked good in his last few outings

Offline Gazza-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: November 30, 2017, 01:37:43 am »
Worked his bollocks off off the ball and did well on the ball, looking like a great signing this one.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: December 10, 2017, 06:28:10 pm »
Can't be arsed to read the op as first, I wouldn't understand it and second it'll probably explain why stats are better than eyes...

Take for example Rush Vs Kenny, stats will tell you that Rush was the better player every single match; won more tackles, chased the ball better, closed down the opposition faster, won more throw ins, ran further, had more shots on target, won more penalties, had more shots off target, scored more goals, won more corners and even had shorts that fit him (to be fair to Kenny he did have a big arse).

But MOTM? Kenny, every fuckin time, best player on the pitch, unless Rush scored a hatrick...

Anyway to Alex...

What we have signed is one lazy arsed player. Admittedly I don't watch us as much anymore but I did watch the derby. The guy was strolling around like he didn't give a fuck, not chasing back and generally not arsed what was going on.

May have all the ability in world but if he doesn't want to but the effort in what's the point?
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: December 10, 2017, 06:31:09 pm »
Anyway to Alex...

What we have signed is one lazy arsed player. Admittedly I don't watch us as much anymore but I did watch the derby. The guy was strolling around like he didn't give a fuck, not chasing back and generally not arsed what was going on.

May have all the ability in world but if he doesn't want to but the effort in what's the point?

Are you serious? I thought he was the 2nd best player in attack after Salah. Constantly getting into good positions and put in a couple of brilliant crosses. It was a pity that we did not have a striker taking advantage of them.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: December 10, 2017, 07:27:03 pm »
I thought he played well.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #457 on: December 10, 2017, 07:37:08 pm »
Still waiting for him to come good

Think it’s there .

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #458 on: December 10, 2017, 07:37:47 pm »
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #459 on: December 10, 2017, 08:31:34 pm »
still early days to actually asses his contribution to the team but I think as mentioned in the summer he's not good enough to be in the starting XI for LFC.

did okay today....
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline jason67

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: December 10, 2017, 08:37:53 pm »
Are you serious? I thought he was the 2nd best player in attack after Salah. Constantly getting into good positions and put in a couple of brilliant crosses. It was a pity that we did not have a striker taking advantage of them.
I'm not talking about his ability it's his work rate off the ball that's shite. Isn't that what we are supposed to do under Klopp, fight like fuck to get the ball back?

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: December 10, 2017, 08:39:59 pm »
Can't be arsed to read the op as first, I wouldn't understand it and second it'll probably explain why stats are better than eyes...

Take for example Rush Vs Kenny, stats will tell you that Rush was the better player every single match; won more tackles, chased the ball better, closed down the opposition faster, won more throw ins, ran further, had more shots on target, won more penalties, had more shots off target, scored more goals, won more corners and even had shorts that fit him (to be fair to Kenny he did have a big arse).

But MOTM? Kenny, every fuckin time, best player on the pitch, unless Rush scored a hatrick...

Anyway to Alex...

Obviously weren’t watching the same game as me. He did well today, shame he was subbed to be honest.

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: December 10, 2017, 08:50:27 pm »

Anyway to Alex...

Win the ball back?
Can't remember Everton touching it.
Nah.

Offline jason67

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: December 10, 2017, 08:51:43 pm »
Hope to be proved wrong, never slagged off a player in my life and not doing so here. Just looks like to me that he doesn't seem to put any effort in, maybe I'm wrong.

Edit: Ok he's a fantastic player, works hard, super assist, 2nd best player, should never be subbed, doesn't have to get the ball back because the oppo will never touch it and played well. Done.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 09:01:28 pm by jason67 »

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: December 10, 2017, 08:56:07 pm »
Still waiting for him to come good

Think it’s there .

He's a decent squad player. Nothing more. Most knew that. But helps with homegrown rule and there isn't many decent ones about. He's better than most available. Him over Drinkwater any day of the week.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #465 on: December 10, 2017, 09:19:04 pm »
He's a decent squad player. Nothing more. Most knew that. But helps with homegrown rule and there isn't many decent ones about. He's better than most available. Him over Drinkwater any day of the week.
He’s a very good squad player...

Actually, I can’t remember we had a player who wasn’t first 11 who was as good as him...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #466 on: December 10, 2017, 09:31:19 pm »
Of the midfielders, he was the one with most freedom to attack. Did alright, but ultimately created very little. He just lacks that quality, like Milner and Henderson, to be a real threat.
No shooting, not much dribbling, no incisive passes. Too similar to the others IMO. Not at all a poor player, but for that money?
Another Lallana/Coutinho-type, even an average one, would have helped us more.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: December 10, 2017, 09:32:41 pm »
Of the midfielders, he was the one with most freedom to attack. Did alright, but ultimately created very little. He just lacks that quality, like Milner and Henderson, to be a real threat.
No shooting, not much dribbling, no incisive passes. Too similar to the others IMO. Not at all a poor player, but for that money?

I thought he was much better than Henderson today, and he did put in a couple of really good dangerous balls to be honest.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: December 10, 2017, 09:35:23 pm »
Thought he was our best player today
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: December 10, 2017, 09:38:06 pm »
Thought he was good today, his best performance of the season

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: December 10, 2017, 09:43:26 pm »

Disagree. He can dribble, he can take on players, he can shoot and score. Far more than Milner and Henderson can that's for damn sure.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: December 10, 2017, 09:45:53 pm »
I thought he showed some good play when he drifted in field. A few too many cross field passes though as he showed effectiveness when moving the ball forward.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: December 10, 2017, 09:51:43 pm »
He wasn't great but he wasn't bad either. I've been pleasantly surprised by him this season overall though.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: December 10, 2017, 10:35:35 pm »
He wasn't great but he wasn't bad either. I've been pleasantly surprised by him this season overall though.

What people also fail to realize is that he is still learning how to play in this particular system in midfield, he didn't have a pre-season with us. he even admitted that it's very different, far different intensity in training for one let alone the tactical side of the system.

I think he will offer a lot more as the season goes on and prove to be a key part of the squad.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: December 10, 2017, 10:36:54 pm »
Alex Ox-Chamberlain‏Verified account
@Alex_OxChambo
 2h2 hours ago
More
Gutted not to get all 3 points today in my first merseyside derby. We deserved more. The support was amazing #YNWA 🔴

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: December 10, 2017, 10:50:42 pm »
really happy he is ours... he could be for us, what Milner was and is.. utillity player in midfield and attack, he can even play as a wing back.. + he is a talent who will give you a good solid performance if trusted.. also still only 24 !!!, seems to be around for a long time.. we got him at the right time for him to hit his prime years.

i think he will start more games in time.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #476 on: December 10, 2017, 11:09:01 pm »

Thought he played really well. Definitely our best player in midfield. Whips in a great cross and overall contribution was excellent.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: December 10, 2017, 11:13:21 pm »
I think he is a quicker, more effective version of Milner.

Offline andywilko

• Anny Roader
  • Thank You
« Reply #478 on: December 10, 2017, 11:13:24 pm »
Played well today, starting to fit in.
And with such simplicity,
The European Cup, surely, is won.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: December 10, 2017, 11:19:46 pm »
Thought he did pretty well. As did most of our players in midfield - they won the ball back quickly, but it was just that little bit in the final third which we couldn’t get today. Clearly Fat Sam had them playing deep to stop our counters, so we basically tried to play a different game - try and have the quality out wide and in Solanke as the target man to play off. It’s a low percentage way of trying to get goals at the best of times, but I think with the congestion in their box it didn’t work. I don’t think that’s on Alex, he put in some screamers of crosses (as did Robertson and Milner), we, as a team, just don’t know how to play that way. I think there was one amazing cross which didn’t see any one attack it.

Of course, there was that one which Salah should have buried and hey, we’d be talking about a genius move by Klopp in playing that way.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”