Author Topic: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 226421 times)

Offline Jonny_H

• aliday
  • Kopite
Re: Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #760 on: October 9, 2019, 07:08:59 pm »
You won't be able to achieve any of this without the STHs agreement. If he ate to keep the ST he will have to use it the majority of the time going forward - he can't just 'control' it.

You sound like you have a 'three into two' not going.
My uncle goes to one game a season and sometimes not even that now. So I don’t believe he would have issue transferring to my name if that’s going to be allowed, which it sounds like it is? If that happened I then would be happy transferring my membership to my dad. I am just trying understand if this whole process will allow those to transfers. Then my uncle can turn up once or twice a season on the season ticket that would be in my name on the family / friend transfer option they will bring in. Am I understanding this whole process right? What seems to be slightly annoying is that members and season tickets are being dealt with at different times. So if this whole transferring can be done I would need to do the membership first and then later on the season ticket.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]
There are only two teams in liverpool, liverpool and liverpool reserves.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #761 on: October 9, 2019, 07:10:00 pm »
Ultimately I think they will expect the STH to go to the majority of the games.
Which should be the case already, I think majority of STHs do go most of the time, but I’m sure there’s those who don’t and the touts who have a bunch of cards

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #762 on: October 9, 2019, 07:10:16 pm »
Ultimately I think they will expect the STH to go to the majority of the games.

Maybe I've read it wrong or assumed wrong, but it looks like he would take ownership of the season ticket (and therefore go to the majority of the games) and his Dad would take the membership card. Reads like his Uncle has taken a back seat and doesn't go as often/at all anymore. Though I'm sure he can correct me.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Jonny_H

• aliday
  • Kopite
« Reply #763 on: October 9, 2019, 07:12:07 pm »
Maybe I've read it wrong or assumed wrong, but it looks like he would take ownership of the season ticket (and therefore go to the majority of the games) and his Dad would take the membership card. Reads like his Uncle has taken a back seat and doesn't go as often/at all anymore. Though I'm sure he can correct me.
That’s right my uncle does one game a season typically now. So would just want to move season ticket to me who would attend 95% plus of games then membership to my dad who would also attend 95% of games.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #764 on: October 9, 2019, 07:12:48 pm »
That’s right my uncle does one game a season typically now. So would just want to move season ticket to me who would attend 95% plus of games then membership to my dad who would also attend 95% of games.

Yeah I thought so and you raise a valid point about them happening at different times.

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #765 on: October 9, 2019, 07:13:16 pm »
Put the ST in your name and you can still share as long as you end up as the main user each season I suspect (friends and family stuff not devised yet)

On membership you will be able to transfer it to your mate but he'll have to prove he has been using it/paying etc. With you giving your consent this will be easy.

The Club are more interested in getting it into one correct name than catching people out.

Why have the club not decided on the friends and family situation before all this tho? They should really have given us all the i formation before asking everyone to change the names. Whats stopping them turning round and sayin the ticket cannot be shared in future or can only be passed on once or twice a season?

I go to nine league games and me dad goes the other ten. I know loads of people who do the same thing. If i changed the name before they introducing this friends and family scheme could they refuse entry to my dad as there is no way of me telling them the ticket is shared until they set that scheme up.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #766 on: October 9, 2019, 07:14:30 pm »
My uncle goes to one game a season and sometimes not even that now. So I don’t believe he would have issue transferring to my name if that’s going to be allowed, which it sounds like it is? If that happened I then would be happy transferring my membership to my dad. I am just trying understand if this whole process will allow those to transfers. Then my uncle can turn up once or twice a season on the season ticket that would be in my name on the family / friend transfer option they will bring in. Am I understanding this whole process right? What seems to be slightly annoying is that members and season tickets are being dealt with at different times. So if this whole transferring can be done I would need to do the membership first and then later on the season ticket.

You have understood it right.

They have decided to so it staged so they try and get it right. There are many fewer members who will be getting verified but there are 26,000 STHs (plus corporate etc.). If they did it one go and cocked it up we'd all go nuts.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Jonny_H

• aliday
  • Kopite
« Reply #767 on: October 9, 2019, 07:15:55 pm »
Why have the club not decided on the friends and family situation before all this tho? They should really have given us all the i formation before asking everyone to change the names. Whats stopping them turning round and sayin the ticket cannot be shared in future or can only be passed on once or twice a season?

I go to nine league games and me dad goes the other ten. I know loads of people who do the same thing. If i changed the name before they introducing this friends and family scheme could they refuse entry to my dad as there is no way of me telling them the ticket is shared until they set that scheme up.
I do think this is the problem they haven’t fully formed the new approach and they should do before they start it.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: October 9, 2019, 07:16:50 pm »

I have sat around a table for two years with these issues being discussed - I have not got one inkling that they will not allow some for of decent Friends and Family scheme.

They are staging this and a few other changes to make sure it all works.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #769 on: October 9, 2019, 07:17:39 pm »
One final one from me. 2 mates have their own addresses registered against their cards but my email and number as I buy for them in the sales ,so obviously get the texts and confirmation emails.
I'm assuming this may cause issues in the confirmation process?

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #770 on: October 9, 2019, 07:18:09 pm »

Be interested to know the feeling from the club/the guys that meet regarding people in precisely that scenario if you know Graham?

Offline Jonny_H

• aliday
  • Kopite
« Reply #771 on: October 9, 2019, 07:18:23 pm »
Yeah I thought so and you raise a valid point about them happening at different times.

I should really be able to sort the season ticket and membership at the same time so fit certainty on what is happening. This way in theory I could move my membership to my dad and then subsequently try and sort season ticket with my uncle and he could change his mind! I’m sure he wouldn’t.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #772 on: October 9, 2019, 07:19:57 pm »
I have sat around a table for two years with these issues being discussed - I have not got one inkling that they will not allow some for of decent Friends and Family scheme.

They are staging this and a few other changes to make sure it all works.
By the way, what is being proposed so far seems pretty positive and a step in the right direction that is in the main, rather fair (I am sure there are some exceptions but certainly some that can be ironed out). Well done and thanks for being a part of the meetings and consultations as we needed something to change.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: October 9, 2019, 07:21:45 pm »
Be interested to know the feeling from the club/the guys that meet regarding people in precisely that scenario if you know Graham?

Answered already - they won't stop passing on of STs at all for now and may limit it to Friends and Family some time in the future.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #774 on: October 9, 2019, 07:23:31 pm »
Answered already - they won't stop passing on of STs at all for now and may limit it to Friends and Family some time in the future.
Ok, ta mate.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: October 9, 2019, 07:24:32 pm »
Will they be doing spot checks?

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #776 on: October 9, 2019, 07:24:41 pm »
Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions. But still think the club could have put better information on the website about this their faq’s are vague and just create uncertainty. Had to come on rawk to get a decent answer from someone.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #777 on: October 9, 2019, 07:25:03 pm »
Will they be doing spot checks?

No suggestion they will be doing that.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: October 9, 2019, 07:26:15 pm »
Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions. But still think the club could have put better information on the website about this their faq’s are vague and just create uncertainty. Had to come on rawk to get a decent answer from someone.

To be fair this and other sites are monitored by the Club and it was always expected the FAQs would be added to as issues arose in places like this.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: October 9, 2019, 07:26:16 pm »
So .... by the end of 2019 the amnesty will be pretty much complete, ST's will be in existing or new names until surrendered, but in the foreseeable future other people will still be able to use them until a formal family and friends scheme is introduced?
Is that correct Graham?

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #780 on: October 9, 2019, 07:27:43 pm »
So is now the best time to change season ticket into own name? what is best way to do it visit ticket office or complete the form?

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #781 on: October 9, 2019, 07:29:16 pm »
No suggestion they will be doing that.
Interested to know how the changes will be enforced then? Once someone has confirmed their ID etc they could just farm their card out after that?

To be fair this and other sites are monitored by the Club and it was always expected the FAQs would be added to as issues arose in places like this.

Good idea.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: October 9, 2019, 07:29:29 pm »
So .... by the end of 2019 the amnesty will be pretty much complete, ST's will be in existing or new names until surrendered, but in the foreseeable future other people will still be able to use them until a formal family and friends scheme is introduced?
Is that correct Graham?

Pretty much.

But if I had to guess I would say a Friends and Family scheme for STHs and members is coming at some point. The aways will be sorted too. Once you have finished with a ST then it goes back to the Club. Also a much better recycling via the Club  - quicker and better return of full value of returned ticket.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: October 9, 2019, 07:30:20 pm »
So is now the best time to change season ticket into own name? what is best way to do it visit ticket office or complete the form?

Wait until they start the Fan Update for STHs - it is just members who have bought tickets for now.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #784 on: October 9, 2019, 07:30:52 pm »
Wait until they start the Fan Update for STHs - it is just members who have bought tickets for now.

Ok thanks :)

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #785 on: October 9, 2019, 07:32:44 pm »
Hopefully a friends and family system doesn’t decrease the number of people using the ST exchange, a members exchange should in theory even out numbers

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #786 on: October 9, 2019, 07:33:19 pm »
Interested to know how the changes will be enforced then? Once someone has confirmed their ID etc they could just farm their card out after that?

10 cards in your name.
Find 10 people that will never go. (Mum/NaN/friend/blue/Manc).
Give them £20.
Buy some ID online if you can’t find 10 people-it’s available.
The touts will always get ahead. Too important for them to give up.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #788 on: October 9, 2019, 07:42:38 pm »
10 cards in your name.
Give them £20.

Yeah I was thinking there has to be a small % of spot checks to ascertain that the ticket has actually been passed onto those in the friends and family as submitted on the website or that the owner is with the ticket.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: October 9, 2019, 07:46:47 pm »
Graham cheers for taking the time to answer these.

I have a query for mine:
I have a membership in my name, homes, fa cup and euro aways on it. But no league cup aways.
For the league cup I use a different membership not in my name, and have done for years. The card only has league cup aways on it. I have been using it for years so I have never bothered getting them on my own card just for the sake of the credit, as I always qualified on the other.

Will I have to forfeit my league cup aways? Or can the card owner assign them to me in this process?
There are no games that overlap on the two cards, as it just me using them.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #790 on: October 9, 2019, 07:49:52 pm »
This is the best news in a long time. I see a lot of scared people who are touts on here are crying and hoping they will find a method around it.

Let’s hope the next step is biometric (Fingerprint or facial recognition) systems like some clubs have already implemented. The days are numbered for the touts and it’s time to enjoy it.

55 posts and you come on calling us touts?!

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #791 on: October 9, 2019, 07:50:12 pm »
This is the best news in a long time. I see a lot of scared people who are touts on here are crying and hoping they will find a method around it.

Let’s hope the next step is biometric (Fingerprint or facial recognition) systems like some clubs have already implemented. The days are numbered for the touts and it’s time to enjoy it.

It's a football match mate.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #792 on: October 9, 2019, 07:50:31 pm »
I suspect there will be limited discretion from what I have heard.
surely a three strikes in a season type thing is fairest, ive missed one game since the fancards were introduced in 2004 out of around 250 or so on my fancard as I was in a car crash so I don’t think it’s fair if you are stuck in work/family emergency/traffic means you can’t get to the game if you automatically lose the credit, however if you miss three then it should be taken off (and of course you have the right to appeal) as that should reduce the credit hunting

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: October 9, 2019, 07:54:35 pm »
10 cards in your name.
Give them £20.

Yes, the mistake is giving them a chance to change names beforehand.

It completely defeats the object

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #794 on: October 9, 2019, 07:55:54 pm »
Been online and done mine already, took a couple of attempts before it accepted the photo but all sorted hopefully, says will get confirmation within 7 to 14 days. Hopefully it's OK as I only went on to look and didn't expect to be able to do it until Monday!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: October 9, 2019, 07:56:30 pm »

fingerprint scanning would be brilliant, and would end touting and credit hunting in an instant. Also so easy to implement and will not impact stadium entry at all

By the way, pretty sure there's no touts in here

Offline Jonny_H

• aliday
  • Kopite
« Reply #796 on: October 9, 2019, 07:57:13 pm »

Where are the sacred touts commenting on here? Seems to be people who just got the match but just not on their own cards or that share cards etc.

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #797 on: October 9, 2019, 07:59:01 pm »

Thanks for answering everyone’s questions on here Graham.

I’ve had a season ticket for about 9 years but kept my membership going as it had Euro away credits on that they wouldn’t let me transfer at the time. Since Madrid 2014 away I’ve built up credits on my season ticket and a mate has effectively taken on the membership for the Euro away credits. I would happily transfer my membership to him but he’s got his own already for all home games. Any advice?
Long live the King

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: October 9, 2019, 08:00:37 pm »
Chatting to my mate about his, him and his lad have used his uncles ST's for 5 or more years. He thinks if he registers one in his lads name they'll be moved to Annie Rd! Is that correct, seems mad. His uncle had them for 15 or so years (with my mate) before he handed them over.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: October 9, 2019, 08:03:39 pm »
Thanks for answering everyone’s questions on here Graham.

I’ve had a season ticket for about 9 years but kept my membership going as it had Euro away credits on that they wouldn’t let me transfer at the time. Since Madrid 2014 away I’ve built up credits on my season ticket and a mate has effectively taken on the membership for the Euro away credits. I would happily transfer my membership to him but he’s got his own already for all home games. Any advice?
Similar situation we have in our group. People have ST with euro aways on, but league aways are on a different ST etc. Even though they go to every game, they are spread over cards.
As I posted above I have all but league cup aways on mine, and a diff card with those on.

I am hoping there is some way to do a one off merge. If they want the named person to be the person actually going.