Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4129704 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #64120 on: October 18, 2020, 01:51:00 pm »
Then again Teofimo Lopez is looking to end up at Welterweight in the future.  So  we can even say Lomo was fighting a guy maybe three divisions above him in reality.  :D

Lopez isn't technically Undisputed Lightweight Champion as well.  Heaney is the WBC champion if I'm correct.  :D

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #64121 on: October 18, 2020, 03:09:46 pm »
Just watched the fight. Didn't see a lot between them but Teofimo Lopez delivered a Championship round in the 12th.

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #64122 on: October 18, 2020, 04:05:21 pm »
Upset special with a side of chips and a kebab. I'm not that shocked to be honest. As we've pointed out, there is only so high up in the weights Loma could go before it caught up with him.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64123 on: October 18, 2020, 04:11:12 pm »
Agreed with that mate. We all said there was a limit but I didn't think it would be at Lightweight.  I thought Light Welterweight would be his limit after that he's in with guy's way too big.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #64124 on: October 18, 2020, 05:47:05 pm »
He is too small for elite at 135lbs. He can rematch him but he will lose again imo. I don't think he 'gave' away the first 6 rounds either. I think he couldn't handle the length and speed of Lopez who looked a clear weigthclass bigger than him at the start but like a true champ he came back into the fight and made it interesting on my scorecard (7-5 Lopez)

I saw it the same as Andre Ward but could see 7-5 also. 11-1 for Lopez is smoking some heavy dope

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64125 on: October 18, 2020, 09:23:40 pm »
Got to give props to the fucker Lusty though. Kept saying this fight may be one too many for Loma's crazy rise through the divisions.  ;D

We have to remember Lightweight is his fourth weight class. He started out at Super Bantamweight.

I didn't think it would be this fight to be fair! And I'm still not sure it was. Not like he got sparked like Chocolatito. More like Mickey Garcia against Spence.

Would like to see a rematch. Not sure how much the slow start had to do with what Lopez was doing. Rounds 7 - 11 suggest that Lomachenko has a chance if he starts a bit quicker.

I also think he'll still keep moving up, at least to 140, but he'll probably really hit the brick wall there.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64126 on: October 18, 2020, 09:32:16 pm »
I saw it the same as Andre Ward but could see 7-5 also. 11-1 for Lopez is smoking some heavy dope

Mad thing is it was such an easy fight to score. 11 of the rounds were absolutely clear, you can only really dispute the second which is the difference between a Lopez win and the draw.

I've always stopped short of accusing judges of corruption because I think a lot of the time what looks like home cooking is just the crowd having an effect. But this weekends fights behond closed doors have got me wondering more than ever.

Online 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64127 on: October 18, 2020, 10:53:49 pm »
Mad thing is it was such an easy fight to score. 11 of the rounds were absolutely clear, you can only really dispute the second which is the difference between a Lopez win and the draw.

I've always stopped short of accusing judges of corruption because I think a lot of the time what looks like home cooking is just the crowd having an effect. But this weekends fights behond closed doors have got me wondering more than ever.
119-109 for Lopez was only the third worst scorecard of the weekend which says it all.  :o

I still can't get over that Vasquez farce. I'm trying to wrack my brains thinking of a worse scorecard in a fight I have seen live and I am struggling.

In that video on O'Connor looking at his fucking phone, the twat Smith is so patronising. Giving it the whole 'It depends on what you like' and 'It looks different from ringside than at home.' Well, Smith, I tend to give the fighter landing all the fucking punches the rounds, and from my view, Ritson barely landed a fart on Vasquez let alone a punch. Wanker  :wanker

I still think the Ritson corner's reaction throughout the fight is odd as fuck. They couldn't possibly think he was winning, could they? At the end of round 11, still calm as anything. No urgency, nothing. So, so odd. At the very least they would have surely thought the fight was close.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 10:55:37 pm by 1892tillforever »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64128 on: October 18, 2020, 10:56:20 pm »
I think sensors need to be installed on all four corners that picks up scoring shots and links it back to the judges at ringside. So they know  100% what connected in the "scoring zones". It would eliminate the shithousery off corrupt bastards that have ruined scoring for decades.

Online 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64129 on: October 18, 2020, 11:02:11 pm »
I think sensors need to be installed on all four corners that picks up scoring shots and links it back to the judges at ringside. So they know  100% what connected in the "scoring zones". It would eliminate the shithousery off corrupt bastards that have ruined scoring for decades.
We need something Samie. Fights like the Ritson debacle take the piss out of fans and make a mockery of the sport. Sadly, football is going the same way. In both sports, there seems to be no accountability. We know that VAR wanker is going to ref or be involved in the Leeds game, and if O'Connor hadn't been caught on his phone, he would be free to fuck up another fight. Then there is Adelaide Byrd...

I was so pissed off watching Vasquez walking back to his dressing room. Poor fella looked crestfallen  :'( Super fighter one time and a former champ, but he has few days left to make a few quid for retirement. Bent judging has prevented this from happening in all likelihood. It's another thing we don't often consider: How much it can ruin a fighter's career and even life.

As an aside, I didn't know that Vasquez was the first to defeat Briedis Prescott. Lost to Canelo via SD (hmmmmmm  ::)) on his debut! His next loss was to Tim Bradley on points then he lost again to Canelo via UD. Then he became champion and lost on SD after six defences to Mickey Bey. Josh Taylor stopped him and he was apparently unlikely to lose to O'Hara Davies (didn't see it). Vasquez is definitely a case of a man who is better than his record, as he has lost 10 fights. I wonder how many he has 'actually' lost?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 11:06:34 pm by 1892tillforever »

Online Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #64130 on: October 19, 2020, 01:09:20 am »
Just watched the fight. Didn't see a lot between them but Teofimo Lopez delivered a Championship round in the 12th.

100% agree. That last round from Lopez was brilliant and mightily brave.

What is the TV/promoter situation in terms of Lopez v Davis?

Didn't see the UK card but that screenshot of O'Connor is farcical. That should be him done as a judge at least.

Offline Roopy

• Kopite
« Reply #64131 on: October 19, 2020, 09:45:36 am »
Don't buy it when ppl saying Lomachenko gave him the first 6 rounds.

I think it was the 2nd round when Loma got caught by a nice right hand - and he felt the power of Lopez.

I think this is what made Loma so cautious - and also because Lopez had him on the back foot, he was unable to really do anything.

It was only in the 2nd half the fight when Loma was able to walk forward that he won rounds.

Fair play to Lopez - matrix downloaded, takeover complete.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64132 on: October 19, 2020, 02:28:57 pm »
Don't buy it when ppl saying Lomachenko gave him the first 6 rounds.

I think it was the 2nd round when Loma got caught by a nice right hand - and he felt the power of Lopez.

I think this is what made Loma so cautious - and also because Lopez had him on the back foot, he was unable to really do anything.

It was only in the 2nd half the fight when Loma was able to walk forward that he won rounds.

Fair play to Lopez - matrix downloaded, takeover complete.

Loma and his corner definitely found it tough going and that shouldn't detract from how well Lopez started at all.

He realised he hadn't done enough by the end of round 6, got his arse whooped by his dad and realised he was going to have to eat one to get a few in. Perhaps they thought Lopez would tire and lose some power in the second half of the fight and that did happen but Lopez was still well in the fight and the way he took the 12th was massively impressive. That was only the second time in his short career he had done 12 rounds!

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64133 on: October 22, 2020, 01:07:43 am »
100% agree. That last round from Lopez was brilliant and mightily brave.

What is the TV/promoter situation in terms of Lopez v Davis?

Didn't see the UK card but that screenshot of O'Connor is farcical. That should be him done as a judge at least.

I watched an interview with Bob Arum earlier, he said relations were good between him & Floyd Mayweather and didn’t see an issue making the fight with Gervonta Davis. However he said their number 1 target would be Ryan Garcia if he’s successful against Luke Campbell. Due to the Latin American pay per view sales.

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
  • Alleged Manc and/or Gooner
« Reply #64134 on: October 22, 2020, 03:30:52 am »
Loma was dealing with a bum shoulder.

That somewhat explains the baffling strategy. He’ll never get that rematch though.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64135 on: October 22, 2020, 09:20:03 am »
Loma was dealing with a bum shoulder.

That somewhat explains the baffling strategy. He’ll never get that rematch though.

If he was injured pre fight he shouldn't have fought if it was enough to affect mobility.

If injury happened during fight that is unfortunate

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64136 on: October 22, 2020, 10:02:10 am »
Tells you the skill of the man a 15 round fight and he might've got the decision.  :D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64137 on: October 22, 2020, 10:59:21 am »
Don't think Loma himself has offered that as an excuse, and rightly so.  If he wasn't fit enough to fight then he shouldn't have been in there.  And I don't think there was a whole lot wrong with his shoulder from rounds 7-11.

Still not convinced he wins a rematch.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64138 on: October 22, 2020, 11:43:31 am »
Don't think Loma himself has offered that as an excuse, and rightly so.  If he wasn't fit enough to fight then he shouldn't have been in there.  And I don't think there was a whole lot wrong with his shoulder from rounds 7-11.

I cant see it either to be honest. Not unless he goes and risks being flattened
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 12:18:13 pm by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64139 on: October 22, 2020, 06:56:59 pm »

I would love to see it though!

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64140 on: October 22, 2020, 09:26:22 pm »
I would love to see it though!

No argument there.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64141 on: October 23, 2020, 01:23:49 pm »
New Ring Magazine P4P rankings:

Teofimo Lopez is new at #6, Lomochenko drops from #2 to #7.

Inoue is #2 now with Estrada at 9 and Beterbiev at 10.

The rest is unchanged.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 01:25:44 pm by Samie »

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64142 on: October 23, 2020, 01:46:01 pm »
New Ring Magazine P4P rankings:

Teofimo Lopez is new at #6, Lomochenko drops from #2 to #7.

Inoue is #2 now with Estrada at 9 and Beterbiev at 10.

The rest is unchanged.

Until November the 14th.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64143 on: October 23, 2020, 01:59:38 pm »
Until November the 14th.

Kell Brook finally taking his rightful place at the top of the Ring P4P ratings ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64144 on: October 23, 2020, 02:33:37 pm »
Amir Khan who?  ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64145 on: October 23, 2020, 05:36:37 pm »
Billy Joe Saunders is to defend his WBO Super-Middleweight title against Martin Murray on December 4.

Full story: https://bbc.in/3ojY6KS

Offline oovavu

• eranu
  • Anny Roader
  • Deva Diva
« Reply #64146 on: October 23, 2020, 07:43:25 pm »
Billy Joe Saunders is to defend his WBO Super-Middleweight title against Martin Murray on December 4.

Full story: https://bbc.in/3ojY6KS

Hopefully it'll happen this time. I like Murray and felt gutted for him after the last cancellation.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64147 on: October 23, 2020, 10:36:06 pm »
Amir Khan who?  ;D

No mate he's business fliming some At Home with Amir reality tv programme.

Online 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64148 on: October 24, 2020, 12:02:38 am »
Until November the 14th.
Is Canelo fighting?  :P

Your boy is getting battered mate. However, Crawford lamping him inside six rounds won't do anything for his rating since we all know Kell is completely done.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64149 on: October 24, 2020, 12:16:57 am »
Is Canelo fighting?  :P

Your boy is getting battered mate. However, Crawford lamping him inside six rounds won't do anything for his rating since we all know Kell is completely done.

Kell is done but this is why I am amazed Khan won't fight him.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64150 on: October 24, 2020, 12:19:10 am »
Amir has to get his 5G networks conspiracy through  to everyone first.

Online 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64151 on: October 24, 2020, 12:26:39 am »
Kell is done but this is why I am amazed Khan won't fight him.
Because no one fucking cares  :lmao :lmao :lmao

It was a fight that interested people this side of the water five years ago perhaps. Now, a rematch of Ritson vs Vasquez is more appealing!

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #64152 on: October 24, 2020, 09:07:26 am »
BBBoC is taking no further action over Terry O’Connor. They are satisfied his scorecard represents his view of the fight. No action either over possibly looking at a mobile, I think this turned out to be his scorecard not a phone.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64153 on: October 24, 2020, 04:47:47 pm »
Tyson Fury has confirmed his next fight will take place on 5th December in London, Bum to be announced in the coming weeks.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64154 on: October 24, 2020, 04:49:10 pm »
Hopefully it'll happen this time. I like Murray and felt gutted for him after the last cancellation.

Agreed, hopefully the fight does happen this time. Inactivity has killed Billy Joe's career and Murray had a real scrap with George Groves so hopefully he's got something left in the tank for this.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64155 on: October 24, 2020, 06:44:38 pm »
Tyson Fury has confirmed his next fight will take place on 5th December in London, Bum to be announced in the coming weeks.

You waiting for the phone to ring mate?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64156 on: October 24, 2020, 06:47:24 pm »
 ;D

He's not ready for me. 20 more stone he puts on and I reckon I can outpoint him to a split decision win, If I pay off the judges.

Online 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64157 on: October 24, 2020, 11:24:12 pm »
;D

He's not ready for me. 20 more stone he puts on and I reckon I can outpoint him to a split decision win, If I pay off the judges.
Lewis Ritson likes this.

Your plan is to hope he is in the mood for a dozen kebabs then mate?  :D

I've heard that it could be Otto Wallin again, which would be a bit shit.

By the way, Chocolatito was fighting last night; still has his class. Likely rematch with Estrada who stopped Cuadras in the 11th last night. Cuadras was game but not the fighter of a few years back. I'd make Estrada slight favourite if he fights choccy. Then again, we must remember that choccy has only ever lost to the Thai lad and the first fight was a very dubious decision. The KO was a massive shock of course.

BBBoC is taking no further action over Terry O’Connor. They are satisfied his scorecard represents his view of the fight. No action either over possibly looking at a mobile, I think this turned out to be his scorecard not a phone.
It is like they don't give a shit about the sport. His scorecard represented the view of someone who didn't watch the fucking fight, or something else shall we say...

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64158 on: October 26, 2020, 09:54:35 pm »
Samie - You getting your curry order in for Saturday.

Chisora v usykthe Davis v Santa Cruz

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64159 on: October 26, 2020, 09:55:27 pm »
Yes, I think Usyk v Chisroa is worthy of a curry.  ;D