Author Topic: Xherdan Shaqiri - Sponsored by The Cube  (Read 449839 times)

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Xherdan Shaqiri - Sponsored by The Cube
« Reply #1360 on: November 5, 2018, 12:59:32 pm »
Not trying to make light of the situation as both Shaqiri and Xhaka have every reason to do what they did.

But just reading some reports on the double eagle celebrations from the summer and saw that the Albanian Prime minister Edi Rama shared the pictures of their celebrations on his facebook page with the caption "Photo of the Day :) :)"

It really made me laugh that a leader of a country would do this. I don't think its wrong or anything, I find it genuinely funny he saw the opportunity of joining in at sticking two fingers up at the people that had wronged his own people and took it.  :)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1361 on: November 5, 2018, 01:03:10 pm »
There's a reason why their fans were banned for 2 away games. Imagine a stadium full of the nutters and Shaq bangs in a hat-trick against the c*nts in the first 10 minutes.

« Last Edit: November 5, 2018, 01:05:29 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Jetmir M.

• Kopite
« Reply #1362 on: November 5, 2018, 01:30:38 pm »
Not trying to make light of the situation as both Shaqiri and Xhaka have every reason to do what they did.

But just reading some reports on the double eagle celebrations from the summer and saw that the Albanian Prime minister Edi Rama shared the pictures of their celebrations on his facebook page with the caption "Photo of the Day :) :)"

It really made me laugh that a leader of a country would do this. I don't think its wrong or anything, I find it genuinely funny he saw the opportunity of joining in at sticking two fingers up at the people that had wronged his own people and took it.  :)

You gotta check his Instagram profile, mate  ;D It's like one of those memes' profiles. He is an absolute fucking clown, whos is the leader of the left party here, but in fact little separates him from far right snakes - Erdogan of Turkey being the closest i can compare him to.

I am baffled by the decision not to include Shaqiri, to be honest. Not that I care because he is Albanian, as he doesn't even play for our country, but what kind of message are we sending by this? The fascist c*nts will be in fuckin delirium having gotten their way. I say this because right after the draw their c*nt of a DM/Owner/whoever was talking this up about the reception he will get if he goes there, how he would feel very  small, and so on. That twat already had the fuel tanks ready, right after the draw!

It is absolute bonkers that in 21st century, in an event of this magnitude (the biggest club competition in the world), you have to leave a player home because dare you hurt the feelings of wild, fascist animals who still live 2 centuries back, and will jump at the first opportunity to cause riot.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #1363 on: November 5, 2018, 01:38:55 pm »
You gotta check his Instagram profile, mate  ;D It's like one of those memes' profiles. He is an absolute fucking clown, whos is the leader of the left party here, but in fact little separates him from far right snakes - Erdogan of Turkey being the closest i can compare him to.

I am baffled by the decision not to include Shaqiri, to be honest. Not that I care because he is Albanian, as he doesn't even play for our country, but what kind of message are we sending by this? The fascist c*nts will be in fuckin delirium having gotten their way. I say this because right after the draw their c*nt of a DM/Owner/whoever was talking this up about the reception he will get if he goes there, how he would feel very  small, and so on. That twat already had the fuel tanks ready, right after the draw!

It is absolute bonkers that in 21st century, in an event of this magnitude (the biggest club competition in the world), you have to leave a player home because dare you hurt the feelings of wild, fascist animals who still live 2 centuries back, and will jump at the first opportunity to cause riot.

Very true.

It is the right decision though. If we have a legitimate fear for the safety of a player, then his safety comes before a game of football. What is fucked up is the situation even exists.

I heard on twitter that last night in Turkey, there was a pitch invasion and a black player getting chased off the pitch with the crowd making monkey noises. So with serbian fans, serbian stewards and serbian police - we probably felt we had no control over the situation and didn't like the risk involved.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1364 on: November 5, 2018, 01:39:10 pm »

What kind a message are we sending to who? Klopp isn't arsed about the message, he want's this game to be about football and not be anything else. He's protecting Shaqiri from whatever was going to happen on the pitch and off it, and having to deal with something that we as a club usually don't have to deal with.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1365 on: November 5, 2018, 01:40:25 pm »

Unfortunately I think thats the exact reason why mate. Klopp is being pragmatic and although I agree with you that it is shit and shouldn't happen, the club obviously doesn't want to either put the player in danger or anyone else, or just simply be distracted. It's shit but it is only football too, this way there leaves no target for any distraction or any possible crazy stupid fuck doing something. It's certainly the right call all things considered IMO.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #1366 on: November 5, 2018, 01:42:43 pm »
Well played Klopp.

Minimal fuss. Remove the opportunity for a distraction, and keep a really good player rested for the weekend.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #1367 on: November 5, 2018, 01:49:18 pm »
Very true.

It is the right decision though. If we have a legitimate fear for the safety of a player, then his safety comes before a game of football. What is fucked up is the situation even exists.

I heard on twitter that last night in Turkey, there was a pitch invasion and a black player getting chased off the pitch with the crowd making monkey noises. So with serbian fans, serbian stewards and serbian police - we probably felt we had no control over the situation and didn't like the risk involved.

I agree. It is pragmatism pure and simple. Quite correctly the club have said this is not political. The safety of the player, and more generally the fans and the squad, has to be the prime consideration. Doesn`t make it right though obviously. I would say that UEFA, FIFA and governments need to address the problem but sadly it won`t change a great deal no matter what anyone does. The reality is that whether in this region, or many other regions around the world including our own, is that prejudice, hatred, bigotry and downright stupidity are as rife as they ever were. All a bit depressing really.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1368 on: November 5, 2018, 02:19:08 pm »
I agree. It is pragmatism pure and simple. Quite correctly the club have said this is not political. The safety of the player, and more generally the fans and the squad, has to be the prime consideration. Doesn`t make it right though obviously. I would say that UEFA, FIFA and governments need to address the problem but sadly it won`t change a great deal no matter what anyone does. The reality is that whether in this region, or many other regions around the world including our own, is that prejudice, hatred, bigotry and downright stupidity are as rife as they ever were. All a bit depressing really.

Just look North of the Border.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1369 on: November 5, 2018, 03:08:21 pm »
I think it's outrageous that a professional footballer has to sit out a match for these reasons but hey ho. Klopp's done the right thing to avoid a circus

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1370 on: November 5, 2018, 04:08:46 pm »
I think it's outrageous that a professional footballer has to sit out a match for these reasons but hey ho. Klopp's done the right thing to avoid a circus

You are right, although given the rhetoric/threats spouted by Red Star factions you would think UEFA would have at least said something, then again UEFA are only concerned with keeping the dosh rolling in.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #1371 on: November 5, 2018, 04:10:12 pm »
Uefa/Fifa can't even look after their own department, they've no chance in creating a politically neutral haven for footballers to perform in.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1372 on: November 5, 2018, 04:11:51 pm »
did we once do this with Barmby at Everton

and i think United did too (obviously it wasnt politics then)

i think as well Klopp has done the right thing
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #1373 on: November 5, 2018, 04:42:00 pm »
It's not just due to his ethnicity though, is it? It's because he decided to make a political statement at the World Cup which was picked up worldwide, got him fined and now he's public enemy number one in Serbia.

No. It is due to his ethnicity.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1374 on: November 5, 2018, 04:48:53 pm »
No. It is due to his ethnicity.

It's not. Otherwise Lovren would have an issue as well. It's due to his celebration.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1375 on: November 5, 2018, 04:54:08 pm »

I'm sure Ferguson left Rooney out once or twice at Anfield in his earlier years. Rooney's temperament probably contributed to that

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #1376 on: November 5, 2018, 04:58:29 pm »
It's not. Otherwise Lovren would have an issue as well. It's due to his celebration.

So, if he hadn't celebrated in the way he did, the Zvezda fans would have welcomed him with roses and chocolate? The celebration merely exacerbated tensions. A lot of Serbs, especially the right-wing ultras, deplore Albanians. That's the bottom line.

Lovren won't be given a soft welcome either.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1377 on: November 5, 2018, 05:05:18 pm »
So, if he hadn't celebrated in the way he did, the Zvezda fans would have welcomed him with roses and chocolate? The celebration merely exacerbated tensions. A lot of Serbs, especially the right-wing ultras, deplore Albanians. That's the bottom line.

If he hadn't celebrated how he did and the right-wing Serbs weren't such a bunch of war criminal loving twats,Klopp would have him in the squad.

The fact that you mention Lovren backs that up as well.
« Last Edit: November 5, 2018, 05:18:10 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1378 on: November 5, 2018, 05:09:13 pm »

Napoli player went there with no issue other week iirc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1379 on: November 5, 2018, 05:09:38 pm »
If he hadn't celebrated how he did and the Serbs weren't such a bunch of war criminal loving twats,Klopp would have him in the squad.

The fact that you mention Lovren backs that up as well.

This however again please stop placing an entire nation in the same category, not all Serbians support/love their war criminals.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1380 on: November 5, 2018, 05:12:09 pm »

Nobody would be talking about him playing or not playing, and nobody would be mentioning anything to do with the fact that he's from Kosovo prior to this match. that doesn't mean that the fans would have welcomed him with open arms, but he wouldn't have a target on his back.

SO HIS CELEBRATION IS THE ISSUE. That's not to say that right wing ultras don't deplore Albanians/Kosovars. That's not the issue.

Lovren isn't an issue and won't be an issue for them. The same reason why the Napoli player didn't get any extra attention when they played in Belgrade

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1381 on: November 5, 2018, 05:17:41 pm »
This however again please stop placing an entire nation in the same category, not all Serbians support/love their war criminals.

You're correct,I should've made the distinction.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #1382 on: November 5, 2018, 05:18:37 pm »
Cheers for standing up for us however such claims don't bother me at all for how incorrect they are and for how much more they say about the person making those insults and their ignorance rather than what it says about us.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1383 on: November 5, 2018, 05:19:37 pm »
Cheers for standing up for us however such claims don't bother me at all for how incorrect they are and for how much more they say about the person making those insults and their ignorance rather than what it says about us.

Are you happy with my edit ?

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1384 on: November 5, 2018, 05:20:23 pm »
I'm sure Ferguson left Rooney out once or twice at Anfield in his earlier years. Rooney's temperament probably contributed to that

Or the fact he almost got a Nokia 3310 embedded in his fat skull :)

Offline Poet

• Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #1385 on: November 5, 2018, 05:26:20 pm »
Napoli player went there with no issue other week iirc

Hysaj is from Albania, not Kosovo. He didn't have to flee from his home like Shaqiri.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1386 on: November 5, 2018, 05:26:49 pm »

No worries, there are far more good people in Serbia and in all of the Balkan countries, than there are right wing nutters and the politicians that are unfortunately in power. We've been through too much to fall into that trap of thinking.

Offline Poet

• Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #1387 on: November 5, 2018, 05:27:26 pm »
No worries, there are far more good people in Serbia and in all of the Balkan countries, than there are right wing nutters and the politicians that are unfortunately in power. We've been through too much to fall into that trap of thinking.

This, absolutely.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1388 on: November 5, 2018, 05:27:37 pm »
Or the fact he almost got a Nokia 3310 embedded in his fat skull :)

I thought that was Goodison but maybe that was a contretemps with a couple of sponsors who had a go at him on the pitch?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1389 on: November 5, 2018, 05:28:31 pm »
Hysaj is from Albania, not Kosovo. He didn't have to flee from his home like Shaqiri.

Doesn't matter. Serbia had issues with Albania and still do politically.  Albania and Kosovo are intertwined. Just because he didn't flee from his home, doesn't mean that he is less of a target than Shaqiri if we go based on your logic.

But he didn't do what Shaqiri did, hence why it didn't cause a reaction

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1390 on: November 5, 2018, 05:31:01 pm »
Klopp on Shaqiri: "It's not sad, it's the world, politics always has an influence on life. We are here to play football. We didn't want a story beside a football story and that's why we decided."

Offline Poet

• Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #1391 on: November 5, 2018, 05:32:51 pm »
Doesn't matter. Serbia had issues with Albania and still do politically.  Albania and Kosovo are intertwined. Just because he didn't flee from his home, doesn't mean that he is less of a target than Shaqiri if we go based on your logic.

But he didn't do what Shaqiri did, hence why it didn't cause a reaction

I know they did/do, however there are more ill feelings towards Kosovar Albanians than Albanians from the south. He is less of a target because he isn't directly linked to Kosovo and he doesn't pride himself in the same way when it comes to Kosovo. Shaqiri is a proud Albanian from Kosovo, and the right-wingers are riled because of this. They view Kosovo as being a part of Serbia, as you well know.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1392 on: November 5, 2018, 06:14:10 pm »
I know they did/do, however there are more ill feelings towards Kosovar Albanians than Albanians from the south. He is less of a target because he isn't directly linked to Kosovo and he doesn't pride himself in the same way when it comes to Kosovo. Shaqiri is a proud Albanian from Kosovo, and the right-wingers are riled because of this. They view Kosovo as being a part of Serbia, as you well know.

Yep. Actually, there are serbian players in albanian league, but you won't see any serbian anytime soon in kosovo league.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1393 on: November 5, 2018, 06:15:52 pm »
Well played Klopp.

Minimal fuss. Remove the opportunity for a distraction, and keep a really good player rested for the weekend.

Should have game him more game time against Arsenal if this was always the plan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1394 on: November 5, 2018, 07:12:20 pm »
Should have game him more game time against Arsenal if this was always the plan.

That was more tactical than anything else. The problem was not having Henderson or Keita and not being able to make a like for like change in midfield.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1395 on: November 5, 2018, 07:56:18 pm »

Scored in the Anfield Derby and went crazy!

Didnt play in the Gary Mac derby but think he was injured at the back end of the season. Or was he just ‘injured’?!

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1396 on: November 5, 2018, 11:10:19 pm »
Agreed mate, gets very annoying seeing people say this sort of stuff about Serbians. It wouldn't be considered acceptable to say these things about others so I've no idea why Serbian people are fair game.

(And I say this as someone who's ethnically and in terms of nationality, Northern European, so I have no dog in the Balkan fight).

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1397 on: November 6, 2018, 07:17:13 am »

Not all, but the majority. Their current leader is Vucic, and he was very close to Milosevic. Vucic won the last elections with over 70%, if I'm not wrong, so that tells me that the majority of serbs love their war criminals.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online Jetmir M.

• Kopite
« Reply #1398 on: November 6, 2018, 08:45:52 am »

LOL.

Ignore the fact the he scored the goal towards the end of the game and he got abuse before the match had even started. Not only by the fans as well, even the media on the build up to the game.
« Last Edit: November 6, 2018, 08:47:29 am by Jetmir M. »

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #1399 on: November 6, 2018, 08:55:08 am »
Not all, but the majority. Their current leader is Vucic, and he was very close to Milosevic. Vucic won the last elections with over 70%, if I'm not wrong, so that tells me that the majority of serbs love their war criminals.

This looks like a causal fallacy.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd