Author Topic: Winning Title #19*  (Read 1304215 times)

Offline rafas red brigade

• Anny Roader
Re: Winning Title #19*
« Reply #12680 on: July 6, 2020, 10:11:01 am »
Definitely not real. Is that supposed to be the wall by the tunnel? There's no fake grass down there anyway. And as LFConor says, it's not even the same red.

Offline trail182

• Main Stander
« Reply #12681 on: July 6, 2020, 10:12:02 am »
100% photoshop, not the same colour/gradient and angle is off etc.

Don't worry, they'll do a proper job of it I'm sure.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12682 on: July 6, 2020, 10:22:21 am »
I don't think it is photoshopped. It's not something the club has done anyway.

The premier league trophy will be used.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #12683 on: July 6, 2020, 10:22:31 am »
Can't remember which thread had the talk about how we'd design the new look Champions Wall but BT have posted this online today.

Different floor and ceiling.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12684 on: July 6, 2020, 10:26:35 am »
It's so obvious that you should use the total number of titles we've won (19) and the latest trophy design (the PL trophy), that I can't believe there are even questions about it. And if the above is real...

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #12685 on: July 6, 2020, 10:27:10 am »
Was it confirmed that picture's real?

It was liked by Gerrard so I took it as being real but hopefully not. Probably a Photoshop like that awful Hodgson addition to our banner that Sky did.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #12686 on: July 6, 2020, 10:27:49 am »
Does anyone know exactly what they are going to do with the wall?  Has anyone any info from the club? I'm just not sure what I want to see - just definitely not any '+1' crap.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12687 on: July 6, 2020, 10:32:30 am »
It's so obvious that you should use the total number of titles we've won (19) and the latest trophy design (the PL trophy), that I can't believe there are even questions about it. And if the above is real...

It's not - it's Hotel Anfield
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #12688 on: July 6, 2020, 10:54:56 am »
Why would someone photoshop the floor and ceiling too, that's a really odd decision.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12689 on: July 6, 2020, 10:59:52 am »
I’d just keep it as it currently is and change the 18 to 19. Have always though the Premier League trophy was a bit ugly anyway.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12690 on: July 6, 2020, 11:14:12 am »
It's not - it's Hotel Anfield

Phew!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12691 on: July 6, 2020, 11:14:58 am »
It's so obvious that you should use the total number of titles we've won (19) and the latest trophy design (the PL trophy), that I can't believe there are even questions about it.

Yes, this is what I'd like to see as well.

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #12692 on: July 6, 2020, 11:18:32 am »
I’d just keep it as it currently is and change the 18 to 19. Have always though the Premier League trophy was a bit ugly anyway.

Agree, but if they feel the need to somehow add the new thing silhouette, then how I wonder.

edit: Thinking about it, I think there's a case for having a much fainter silhouette of the new trophy behind the old one so just the differences in shape are sticking out and so that the old one still has the major prominence. None of us like it anyway, the new one. Then just change 18 to 19.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2020, 11:24:16 am by Barrow Shaun »
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12693 on: July 6, 2020, 11:20:45 am »
Why not the new title with the old title at the front but shown as a white outline/silhouette.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #12694 on: July 6, 2020, 11:29:27 am »
Ah yes 18+1* and our 4 European Cups + 2 Champions leagues.

Do we need to add another star to the "+1*" if we the break the record on points?
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12695 on: July 6, 2020, 11:42:10 am »
Why would someone photoshop the floor and ceiling too, that's a really odd decision.

They haven't - it's a fake wall, a copy of the Anfield 'Aal;k of Champions' apparently at Hotel Anfield. It's 'real' as in not PhotoShopped, but it isn't Anfield. The title is just vinyl letters rather than 3D letters and the text underneath is missing in the fake wall.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12696 on: July 6, 2020, 11:46:43 am »
Hotel Anfield Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/hotelanfield

Hotel Anfield | 23 Anfield Rd
@hotelanfield
We have our brand new "Beer Garden" coming very soon to Hotel Anfield

We will be showing all the football games on our BIG screen, advanced booking will be required due to limited spaces adhering to social distancing guidelines
Happy woman raising one hand

Keep an eye out for the dat

2:23 pm · 9 Jun 2020·Twitter Web App
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12697 on: July 6, 2020, 11:48:30 am »
its clearly a photoshop job guys its not even the same red gradient
100% photoshop, not the same colour/gradient and angle is off etc.

Don't worry, they'll do a proper job of it I'm sure.
It's not PhotoShopped
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Kraken

• Main Stander
« Reply #12698 on: July 6, 2020, 12:00:57 pm »
Why not the new title with the old title at the front but shown as a white outline/silhouette.

Saw this mock-up on twitter which I thought was quite nice, if you want to retain the old trophy at all

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #12699 on: July 6, 2020, 12:03:25 pm »
I kinda hope they keep the old one. The Premier League trophy is so ugly  ;D

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12700 on: July 6, 2020, 12:06:35 pm »
I kinda hope they keep the old one. The Premier League trophy is so ugly  ;D
I think the premier league trophy is beautiful. I absolutely adore it, especially now that we are holders. Hated it till last Wednesday.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12701 on: July 6, 2020, 12:09:26 pm »
Agree, but if they feel the need to somehow add the new thing silhouette, then how I wonder.

edit: Thinking about it, I think there's a case for having a much fainter silhouette of the new trophy behind the old one so just the differences in shape are sticking out and so that the old one still has the major prominence. None of us like it anyway, the new one. Then just change 18 to 19.

Throw in the Canon league trophy for good measure.  ;)

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12702 on: July 6, 2020, 12:13:26 pm »
Saw this mock-up on twitter which I thought was quite nice, if you want to retain the old trophy at all

Too fussy - keep it simple - just an outline of the current trophy without the lions and the detail on the crown.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12703 on: July 6, 2020, 12:17:05 pm »

And the Milk Cup ghosted over the League Cup trophy:

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #12704 on: July 6, 2020, 12:20:39 pm »
I think the premier league trophy is beautiful. I absolutely adore it, especially now that we are holders. Hated it till last Wednesday.

I agree, it was always just out of reach for us and it was maddening! Now its ours and I love it.

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #12705 on: July 6, 2020, 12:24:38 pm »
Bit before my time so not so clued up. For which seasons was it the Canon trophy (The long gold one) and how many of those do we have? Has it been anything else other than that, the current prem trophy and the one currently on the champions wall?

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12706 on: July 6, 2020, 12:25:32 pm »
The Wall of Champions is there to inspire the players - the clue is in the name.

I think the Premiere League trophy is garish and a bit shite but it's the trophy this team are playing for now. The more I think about it the more I'm convinced the old trophy has no place there anymore. If you want to see the old trophy it's in the museum.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12707 on: July 6, 2020, 12:27:55 pm »
Bit before my time so not so clued up. For which seasons was it the Canon trophy (The long gold one) and how many of those do we have? Has it been anything else other than that, the current prem trophy and the one currently on the champions wall?

There was this attrocity:

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12708 on: July 6, 2020, 12:29:11 pm »
Too fussy - keep it simple - just an outline of the current trophy without the lions and the detail on the crown.

Yeah, that pared-down version looks spot on.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12709 on: July 6, 2020, 12:30:18 pm »
I notice in the museum they’ve got that plant pot type trophy that they used in 1964 as the championship trophy wasn’t presented after the game so they used a dummy cup so they had something to hold

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12710 on: July 6, 2020, 01:06:48 pm »
The perils of reporting on Liverpool by journalist who have an agenda were  starkly illustrated yesterday. Ian Ladyman of the DM had hysterically claimed that next season started with "Man City's 4-0 demolition of Liverpool and  implied "Liverpool's laboured victory over Aston Villa" illustrated how Klopp had to spend.

Except Southampton had not been told of this. It proceeded to drive a cart and h. as

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12711 on: July 6, 2020, 01:10:27 pm »

Looks like something Sullivan and Gold might sell.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12712 on: July 6, 2020, 01:13:32 pm »
There was this attrocity:

The trophy looks awful too.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12713 on: July 6, 2020, 01:14:57 pm »
Did we ever win an Audi Cup though?

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #12714 on: July 6, 2020, 01:24:32 pm »
Just have the Premier League trophy silhouette on the wall. Don’t know why it’s up for debate.

What a nice problem to have though.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #12715 on: July 6, 2020, 01:31:04 pm »
What about just a big silhouette of a middle finger and ''19 you absolute twats'' under it? Obviously the numerals need to be easily removable and replaceable
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #12716 on: July 6, 2020, 01:32:42 pm »
I’d keep the old silhouette but just have text that’s says ‘Pre-1992 18’ and ‘Post-1992 1’
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12717 on: July 6, 2020, 01:36:36 pm »
Looks like something Sullivan and Gold might sell.

:lmao
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12718 on: July 6, 2020, 01:42:26 pm »
Seeing the cannon league trophy reminded me of being invited to the trophy room when I was in Alder Hey.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12719 on: July 6, 2020, 01:42:57 pm »
Will all of our lads get the league medal?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI