Author Topic: Everton Thread  (Read 5932 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Everton Thread
« on: August 16, 2019, 07:22:45 pm »
Any word on when this will be reopened?

I know there's been a circular argument in recent months over sharing some of the muck over on GOT, but if the thread needs a clean up when can we expect it back?

I've often thought it should just be renamed the GOT Mickey Taking Thread because we all know there are sound Blues out there, and most of our laughter comes from the "Blultras" over at the asylum.  But I'm well aware that the constant sharing of some of the more notorious/nefarious/attention seeking loons can be trying on the nerves and patience of some members.

As somebody who has said that any Heysel-related talk from that shit hole should never see the light of day on this forum I can understand the feeling that sharing has got out of hand.  There's plenty of other stuff to talk and laugh about that's not GOT related though.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Everton Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 09:33:58 pm »
Fair comment. Someone posting an obviously made up allegation from some minor website was the last straw, giving publicity to some really sad individual with a made up tale that would be sussed out as a sad blagger by most Evertonians, yet a poster here thought he'd give his stupid little tale publicity on one of the biggest Liverpool forums.

If that was isolated it would just be stupid posting, but more and more, there are posters who seem to search the likes of GOT for the most nonsensical posters and post their nonsense on here. I've rarely looked at Everton websites, yet though moderating the thread feel on first name terms with some of GOTs most ridiculous posters. The relationship between reds and blues has seriously deteriorated and registering on GOT and searching for their house lunatics latest ramblings, doesn't help things and isn't what RAWK is about.

There have been a number of warnings but the thread just keeps going further down hill. So going leave it locked for a week and hopefully people have some time to reflect, then I'll open it and see if things improve.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 10:27:29 pm »
That's fair enough.

I'd suggest that it's made clear that no postings regarding Bitters claiming this Redshite did this or that are welcome on the thread.  Outlandish claims about our club, players and finances is up for debate, but unsubstantiated claims about the behaviour of Liverpool fans should not be acceptable.

Bitters claiming they threatened to punch a DJ for playing YNWA is slightly different, because their making stupid claims about their own; but we should be able to keep the focus on them and their obsession without delving down the rabbit/sewer hole.

Popcorn's Art

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 09:48:09 am »
but we should be able to keep the focus on them and their obsession without delving down the rabbit/sewer hole.
The reverse is axiomatic though Paul. Some Reds have got a weird obsession with them. The Peoples Supermarket is one of the funniest threads ever on this site, so is many other genuine piss-taking discussions, but people going in search of what they're saying about us and providing daily commentary about they're dislike for them isn't what this site is about as Albie says.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 09:53:35 am »
How about just no fucking shite from GOT or Twitter in there, period? No one seems to care apart from one poster, who seems to have literally made his RAWK career about posting bile from GOT on here. If you’re that interested on what they say on there, just register and pretend to be a bitter, I’m sure it’s pretty easy.

Every club has their nutcases and GOT seems to be where the Everton ones gather. Just leave it isolated. It’s the same as that Man City forum to be honest, I can’t fathom why someone would take the time to register on there, read up on opposition fans talking horrible, vile shit about our club and then think ‘hmmm I know who’d like to see this....’
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 12:06:20 pm »
The reverse is axiomatic though Paul. Some Reds have got a weird obsession with them. The Peoples Supermarket is one of the funniest threads ever on this site, so is many other genuine piss-taking discussions, but people going in search of what they're saying about us and providing daily commentary about they're dislike for them isn't what this site is about as Albie says.

Whilst I totally agree, we must remember that these Bitter commentators have gifted us some amazing material.  We've virtually trademarked Shame Really and Worrying Times on here.

I don't read a lot of the GOT stuff now because it's become boring and repetitive, and it's clearly done because they know they have red lurkers on there.  I have no interest in feeding trolls, so I'd suggest a ban on screen caps to add to what I said earlier.  But of course, if mods want to outright axe all things GOT related that's fine. :)

Popcorn's Art

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2019, 12:51:05 pm »
A shame because the plazzy flags are at the ready at Goodison today.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2019, 01:39:14 pm »
A shame because the plazzy flags are at the ready at Goodison today.
Yep, that's the kind of proper Everton piss take that's brilliant  ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2019, 01:44:53 pm »
No one seems to care apart from one poster, who seems to have literally made his RAWK career about posting bile from GOT on here.

RAWK careers are over once posters reach 28, though; posts become less witty and more desperate as calls for attention.

The looming specter of a loan with an option permanently to register on a Fiorentina or Sampdoria site might be part of the problem...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2019, 06:42:25 pm »
Get this thread open, we're missing the chance to rip the piss out of them over their plazzy flags and plastic hand clappers. ;D
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2019, 07:06:13 pm »
Get this thread open, we're missing the chance to rip the piss out of them over their plazzy flags and plastic hand clappers. ;D
I'll open it for an hour to take advantage of todays events.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2019, 09:38:05 pm »
Hey not all of us were able to get online within the golden hour. Why not just state what is no longer allowed and let the rest of the piss-taking continue?

It's an important public service ;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2019, 10:48:55 pm »

Did they get them second hand from Chelsea? Where some  of them in the Chelsea end on Wednesday perchance?

It's great to take the piss out of their make believe Subbuteo stadium but just don't see the point of regurgitating GOT vomit.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2019, 11:13:24 pm »
Come on, there's no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater here.

There's been some absolute gold coming in from GOT, which has lead to great running gags and memes, like 'pace goals don't count' and our players being 30 in years to come, and 'worrying times' and all the rest. Do we really want to be without those?

There's also been some grim shite posted from there which we can do without. So surely the point is to set the focus properly; make it clear what kind of stuff is not allowed, but let the hilarious, life-affirming, piss-take-worthy stuff stay, from there or anywhere else?

If you specifically exclude GOT from being mentioned you build it up into something that it's not.

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2019, 11:48:04 pm »

There's been some absolute gold coming in from GOT, which has lead to great running gags and memes, like 'pace goals don't count' and our players being 30 in years to come, and 'worrying times' and all the rest. Do we really want to be without those?

There's also been some grim shite posted from there which we can do without. So surely the point is to set the focus properly; make it clear what kind of stuff is not allowed, but let the hilarious, life-affirming, piss-take-worthy stuff stay, from there or anywhere else?

If you specifically exclude GOT from being mentioned you build it up into something that it's not.

Might need extra cladding...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2019, 07:33:43 am »

Fully agree. Posts from GOT and elsewhere add to the enjoyment of that thread hugely.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2019, 10:20:05 am »

100% yes. I'd be happy to omit anything Heysel or Hillsbrough-related but the general GOT/Twitter insanity is some of the most entertaining material on the site. If people don't like it they're welcome to make a respectful Everton thread, the same as the one we have for the Mancs.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2019, 10:25:54 am »
100% yes. I'd be happy to omit anything Heysel or Hillsbrough-related but the general GOT/Twitter insanity is some of the most entertaining material on the site. If people don't like it they're welcome to make a respectful Everton thread, the same as the one we have for the Mancs.

The respectful piss take of United or the respectful forensic analysis of City's financial doping? :D

But to be fair to Everton, with my respectful head on, I'm quietly impressed by their run of clean sheets.

Now back to the cladding and pace goals.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2019, 11:00:14 am »

We need to have an Everton thread, it’s fine to have a few posts from daft heads off wherever. We really don’t need a thread which is full to the brim of cut and paste jobs from GOT.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2019, 03:56:44 pm »
I think there’s a middle ground here. GOT is golden at times and genuinely adds to an enjoyable rummage through RAWK. Of course there’s a place for such content and it may be too plentiful. The sick stuff is obviously off limits but the earnest drivel some of them come out with is enjoyable at times.

Obviously this is the mods call, but I’m not convinced this new ‘stance’ is representative of the general feel about what that thread should be. But I’m not a mod so will fall in line if need be.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2019, 07:16:04 pm »
We need to have an Everton thread, it’s fine to have a few posts from daft heads off wherever. We really don’t need a thread which is full to the brim of cut and paste jobs from GOT.
People like those posts and find them entertaining, and it saves most of us the effort of signing up. If you don't like it just skip the posts, it's not as if not having them here is going to make the individual fans any saner. They care what we think either way.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2019, 08:22:57 pm »
People like those posts and find them entertaining, and it saves most of us the effort of signing up. If you don't like it just skip the posts, it's not as if not having them here is going to make the individual fans any saner. They care what we think either way.

We can’t skip any of those posts...because the thread is locked, because of those posts.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2019, 08:30:47 pm »
Interesting that nobody wants to see screenshots posted from GOT, but Blue Moon threads/screenshots happen all the time in the city thread

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2019, 09:44:15 pm »
Interesting that nobody wants to see screenshots posted from GOT,
Except that's not true

We really are in danger of building a snivelling little forum like GOT into a bete noir

Can't we just be sensible, and moderate? Funny stuff, stuff that's a good laugh and piss-take worthy is all good; heinous shite about serious subjects, showing the dark and fetid side of their character can do one.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2019, 12:13:48 am »
Except that's not true

I know that, I like to read their drivel myself, makes me laugh. As for not posting some of the vile they post, fair enough but there's an element of burying your head in the sand and pretended it doesnt happen too.

I think we're all wise enough to know the difference between most blues and a few dickheads who make themselves known on the internet.

Maybe have a Laughing at GOT Thread and an Everton Thread, therefore if you wish to not read any of their posts you just stay out of that thread lol

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2019, 01:50:36 pm »
Thank fuck that thread got closed for a bit. Every fuckin' day someone would copy and paste what the bitters said about us.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2019, 05:45:04 pm »
I`m with Samie, bored the fucking shite out me reading bitters made up belters.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2019, 09:02:56 pm »
Maybe we could use this thread for GOT... :P

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2019, 05:55:06 pm »
If we are gonna use Bitter forums, I think a good rule of thumb is if its funny repost, but if its offensive don't publicise

Thank fuck that thread got closed for a bit. Every fuckin' day someone would copy and paste what the bitters said about us.

Why read it every day?  :)

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2019, 07:57:08 pm »
One thread for pisstaking and another for respectful Everton chat? Plenty in that thread love taking the piss out of the fewm on GOT and plenty don't, two threads should keep everyone happy.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2019, 09:59:56 pm »
Typically, if I don't like the general content in a thread, I don't read that particular thread!

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2019, 09:07:17 am »
One thread for pisstaking and another for respectful Everton chat? Plenty in that thread love taking the piss out of the fewm on GOT and plenty don't, two threads should keep everyone happy.
You don`t seem to have got the message Mr. Dench. Two threads won`t keep everyone happy because we`d have one for respect and one for GOT and a lot of us just can`t be arsed with GOT.

The current Everton thread should be renamed "The Grand Old Team megaphone and laugh at GOT" thread. The whole fucking thread is about GOT and their (mainly) out of town wools who are trying to out bitter them selves about the Reds. I get that some get off on that and,for me, some of it can be funny, although it`s very little, the majority of it is just blues being c*nts about the Reds and all things Red. Each to their own and all that but a lot of us just think it`s shite.

I personally don`t understand why we give a megaphone to bitter horrible twats on the biggest Red forum. That place is riddled with Heysel shite and whilst that mainly does not appear on RAWK (I know the 92er had to delete some stuff recently), should we be giving exposure and links to a place that is riddled with viciousness about us and our history?

I dunno, maybe I`m being sensitive but I feel it`s sad how much relations has spiralled between the two sets of fans and sometimes wonder if we are part of the problem by revelling in the blue bitterness.

Typically, if I don't like the general content in a thread, I don't read that particular thread!

Problem some have with that is it leaves people who don`t like GOT with nowhere to go when it comes to our blue neighbours.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2019, 01:20:12 pm »
The thread is a cesspool of shite. It used to be funny, now it's boring as fuck.
We all know that DaveK, Saint Deluded and the esk etc spend their days spewing bile about Liverpool. So fuck. It should be renamed the GOT shite thread, because it's fuck all to do with Everton these days.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2019, 02:21:54 pm »
The thread is a cesspool of shite. It used to be funny, now it's boring as fuck.
We all know that DaveK, Saint Deluded and the esk etc spend their days spewing bile about Liverpool. So fuck. It should be renamed the GOT shite thread, because it's fuck all to do with Everton these days.

I don't get the obsession with a few cranks on GOT.

I only go on Toffee web which seems to be populated by normal, one-eyed football fans, just like RAWK.

Majority pretty sound, same likes/dislikes of players, tactics etc with the odd knob head thrown in.

As I say, pretty much like here.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2019, 02:46:00 pm »
Those slamming the Everton thread, why don't you post something different there? Lead it into a different direction if you don't like the current take.

Most posters are reactive, they'll react to what is posted, so why not lead us to the promised land of a GOT or Bitters-free thread, which you are so sure exists?

Truth seems to be there's not that much to say about Everton these days. Their halcyon days are long behind them, they are now an irrelevant mid-table club with no particular identity or impact on anything, whose only relevance is sharing a city with us and whose only identity is the hatred they have for us.

Outside of evidence of their idiocy there's not much to say really is there?

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2019, 06:27:08 pm »
That Everton thread is bizarre as far as going over to their forum and coming back here to LOL. We all may as well sign up to GOT ourselves

Its like when ye get home from work and ye birds dickhead mates or her nob ed sisters sat in ye kitchen sobbin her eyes out cos shes had a barney with her 'Latest' fella cos he said she looked fat stuffing 2 pizzas down her throat and a 3 litrre bottle of coke

Now im stuck in a relationship with this fucking mess having to listen to her shit all night just cos my birds her mate or even worse,related to her.

Next bird i go out with better be an orphan goth

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2019, 07:00:01 pm »
‘...needless to say, I fucked GOT off soon after’

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2019, 09:17:29 pm »
‘...needless to say, I fucked GOT off soon after’
Haha

Thing is,I'm not in the slightest bit interested in what rival fans say about anything and to be honest I'm not really interested in most Liverpool fans opinions either,as the majority of people in general in life are bellends and if you add football to the mix with them,it turbo charges the nobs

If I wanted to know what rival fans are chatting about us I'd sign up to the site